Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others (40472 Views)

Ignore Senate, Abuja-kaduna Highway Now Safe For Travellers – El-rufai Tells Nig / Forget About Producing President In 2023, Okorocha Tells Igbos / Anti-Igbo Song: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbos To Leave The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Babacele: 7:42am On Oct 13, 2017
jpphilips:

why does Rivers state get higher allocation than Kano, care to explain??
it baffles and marvels me how these guys reason.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by EternalTruths: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2017
jpphilips:

Why do you need restructuring to make the state work? You just sounded as if all governors are destitutes that needs restructuring to reason.

Restructuring also means having control over ones resources.

You don't expect the governors to raise their IGR through taxation when the people & their businesses are too poor to pay taxes.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by EternalTruths: 9:30am On Oct 13, 2017
jpphilips:

I take it as a "no idea" answer, anyways, you guys can continue f00ling around on subjects you have no clue how it plays out.

Thank God you acknowledged that Nigerians like you who believe Elrufai are unwise when you claim superiority but oppose those who seek secession so that the international community will know who the true parasites are.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 11:41am On Oct 13, 2017
EternalTruths:

Thank God you acknowledged that Nigerians like you who believe Elrufai are unwise when you claim superiority but oppose those who seek secession so that the international community will know who the true parasites are.

It makes no sense discussing a subject you have no clue about, mere introducing the word "Parasite" is a proof you are hopelessly ignorant, presently in Nigeria, your ignorant opinion count for nothing, take heart!!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 11:44am On Oct 13, 2017
EternalTruths:

Restructuring also means having control over ones resources.

You don't expect the governors to raise their IGR through taxation when the people & their businesses are too poor to pay taxes.

Can you mention a state and the resource you want them to control?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 11:56am On Oct 13, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
restructuring is the new word, everyone is saying it without telling us how it should be done. Just ask the guy to tell you how it should be done, and he'd disappear.

I don't need any unintelligent mofo to suggest to me what restructuring needs to be, they coined the word, it is their problem what they want to make of it. I am only interested in the so called losers who sing along with politicians as if there is anything in it for them.
The average Nigerian youth is a disgrace, god did not punish Nigeria with bad leaders after all, our leaders are selected from within, god actually punished nigeria with brainless youths.

Educated persons with the IQ of a mere cockroach, how can a sane adult be talking about restructuring when he or she doesn't belong to the political class? should the FG bequeath everything it has to states, does it guarantee a good life for you?
What impact did the 13% derivative make in the lives of niger deltans, was that not the last resource control bazaar in this country? did it place the Niger deltans on any advantage above others? the Governors are thieves, they lack ideas, they blame the FG for their ineptitude, what is the smartest thing to do as citizens? watch them on the sidelines.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by dvee2: 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
double0seven:

If that's the case, if that can be said of population, then same thing should be said concerning resources

Of course we are working towards full resources control for the Nija Delta. However we only wish you asked for it when your hero was there. Would have been much easier
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by AlwaysUltraPad: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2017
jpphilips:

I don't need any unintelligent mofo to suggest to me what restructuring needs to be, they coined the word, it is their problem what they want to make of it. I am only interested in the so called losers who sing along with politicians as if there is anything in it for them.
The average Nigerian youth is a disgrace, god did not punish Nigeria with bad leaders after all, our leaders are selected from within, god actually punished nigeria with brainless youths.

Educated persons with the IQ of a mere cockroach, how can a sane adult be talking about restructuring when he or she doesn't belong to the political class? should the FG bequeath everything it has to states, does it guarantee a good life for you?
What impact did the 13% derivative make in the lives of niger deltans, was that not the last resource control bazaar in this country? did it place the Niger deltans on any advantage above others? the Governors are thieves, they lack ideas, they blame the FG for their ineptitude, what is the smartest thing to do as citizens? watch them on the sidelines.
this is so brilliant!

I wonder if by restructuring, we are going to have a totally new set of politicians.

What have the governors done with the power they have now? The governors are so powerful that we have the the victims of their power( Nigerians) calling for more power for them.

The power they have to conduct LG election, have they not abused that?
They hold the state HOSs are under their feet. They've practically killed LG structure and basic functions, yet, we want more power for the state governors.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 14, 2017
dvee2:

We must not remain as a country, but their are provisions on how to separate. Simple follow the provisions as stipulated by the constitution.
Not by shouting we must destroy the zoo when it doesn't favour and keeping quiet to share the loot when it favours your hero.
My hero? And you know that how? Your assumptions are totally wrong mr.
On the constitution which is more or less a military act, I dont think those who negotiated the unity of nigeria from the inception would stand by what u call "the constitution", if we were to have a proper review of the constitution today not by the clowns parading themselves as reps and senators do you think they would arrive at a document similar to the present act?
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
this is so brilliant!

I wonder if by restructuring, we are going to have a totally new set of politicians.

What have the governors done with the power they have now? The governors are so powerful that we have the the victims of their power( Nigerians) calling for more power for them.

The power they have to conduct LG election, have they not abused that?
They hold the state HOSs are under their feet. They've practically killed LG structure and basic functions, yet, we want more power for the state governors.
And im sure you and the dude you quoted would want a green card if you dont have one already, look our problems started when we discovered free money thanks to oil boom, our railway comp, nipost, airways, telecoms, steel comps, power comps and virtually every sector could all go grounded and the free money wouldnt stop, workers would still get paid even with zilch production...and so we import everything, crippling our economy while others are growing theirs...in places where things work, where the president, govs and senators bustle to for every slight headache, the economy is driven by company and private taxes, so their govt must grow the economy to function, and in turn the populace must hold the govt responsible when things are not working because of the high taxes they pay...here we love oshofree, state and local govt can afford to sleep 247, and free money would always come from the centre, the essence of restructuring/devolution of power is to reverse all that, basic things should be handled by the closest level of govt, if they dont work we all know where to go which is never far off, the nation should be built from bottom to the top as it was in the early 60's. Nigerians now spend millions to get educated in ghana, uganda, and even sudan funny as it sounds.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 11:39am On Oct 16, 2017
Amhappy:

I don't think you get my point. Every state can be self sufficient if they put their ass to work? Allocation has made states lazy. Restructure and let all man fend for themselves. Did you read El-rufia statement?

I am not asking for your baseless personal opinion, what matters is your understanding of how it works currently so you can make informed suggestions. most pro restructuring have no clue what structure we run.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Amhappy(f): 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
jpphilips:

I am not asking for your baseless personal opinion, what matters is your understanding of how it works currently so you can make informed suggestions. most pro restructuring have no clue what structure we run.

No need to respond with another of my baseless opinions. Thank you.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
kattytamer:

And im sure you and the dude you quoted would want a green card if you dont have one already, look our problems started when we discovered free money thanks to oil boom, our railway comp, nipost, airways, telecoms, steel comps, power comps and virtually every sector could all go grounded and the free money wouldnt stop, workers would still get paid even with zilch production...and so we import everything, crippling our economy while others are growing theirs...in places where things work, where the president, govs and senators bustle to for every slight headache, the economy is driven by company and private taxes, so their govt must grow the economy to function, and in turn the populace must hold the govt responsible when things are not working because of the high taxes they pay...here we love oshofree, state and local govt can afford to sleep 247, and free money would always come from the centre, the essence of restructuring/devolution of power is to reverse all that, basic things should be handled by the closest level of govt, if they dont work we all know where to go which is never far off, the nation should be built from bottom to the top as it was in the early 60's. Nigerians now spend millions to get educated in ghana, uganda, and even sudan funny as it sounds.

Your argument is as weak as those politicians we see on TV deceiving Nigerians, anyways i feel sorry for you because you are a victim of ignorance and political lies.
Let me pretend I agree with you that a broken federal government investment is the problem we have, my question is; does a failed federal investment automatically mean a failed state government investment? People like you (victims of political lies) always brandish a phantasmagoria scripted narrative presented by politicians (state governors) who are at the receiving end of the so called restructuring nonsense.
You said that oil provided free money for all to share, that is a poor assessment of our investment climate in the last 40yrs. You quickly forgot that only the FG made all the oil and gas investments, proceeds are paid into the federation account from which the FG takes for future investments while the states return with nothing to show for their previous exploits, how dare you blame the man making the best of his investments? Is it the FG's fault that a tiny state like Bayelsa who took more than 21b naira monthly from the federation account has nothing to show for its miserable existence?

If I should agree with you that the FG focused on oil and gas investments in recent times, how does that incapacitate the state government? both of whom are collecting their monthly revenues from the same source never mind that the federal generate the revenue that is shared.
Let me borrow some of your poor analogies you told us about the failed railway corp, Nipost etc, in all, you failed to mention any state government investment portfolio, what does that tell you? that the states have failed, when the FG mass transit scheme failed, Rivers RTC did not, Imo's ITC didn't, Anambra TRACAS didn't, how did that happen?

You continue harping on devolution of power from federal to state, same states that are a shadow of themselves? you speak from both compass of your mouth, you told us how the states have failed us at the same time asking us to devolve power to failures? while at it, why are you not talking about states devolving power to the Local government closest to you and I, assuming you don't belong to the political class?

It is clear the 1999 constitution by the provisions of section 162(6) murdered the Local governments, it baffles me why an average Nigerian youth will prefer a restructuring where more responsibilities and finances are devolved to states, already proved themselves to be monumental failures than asking for LG autonomy and eliminating the federal character principle from our constitution?

When we had a robust LG before democracy, nobody knocks on your gate asking to buy water because the LG provide treated over head tanks in several local markets, nobody talks about flooding in those days because every last saturday of every month, the reflective clothed LG sanitation guys does the needful in all the major drainages, where are our street names and house numberings? except for privileged Nigerians , others can't use their home addresses for mailing purposes because the LG, didnt number them, I can go on and on.

In the face of all these, a pathetic Nigerian youth will rather patronize lazy and wasteful governors who pay pension and severance package to EX governors like Ibori while serving jail time in a UK prison, to a whooping tune of 5m naira monthly, yet complain to idiots how bloated his recurrent expenditure is.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2017
jpphilips:

Your argument is as weak as those politicians we see on TV deceiving Nigerians, anyways i feel sorry for you because you are a victim of ignorance and political lies.
Let me pretend I agree with you that a broken federal government investment is the problem we have, my question is; does a failed federal investment automatically mean a failed state government investment? People like you (victims of political lies) always brandish a phantasmagoria scripted narrative presented by politicians (state governors) who are at the receiving end of the so called restructuring nonsense.
You said that oil provided free money for all to share, that is a poor assessment of our investment climate in the last 40yrs. You quickly forgot that only the FG made all the oil and gas investments, proceeds are paid into the federation account from which the FG takes for future investments while the states return with nothing to show for their previous exploits, how dare you blame the man making the best of his investments? Is it the FG's fault that a tiny state like Bayelsa who took more than 21b naira monthly from the federation account has nothing to show for its miserable existence?

If I should agree with you that the FG focused on oil and gas investments in recent times, how does that incapacitate the state government? both of whom are collecting their monthly revenues from the same source never mind that the federal generate the revenue that is shared.
Let me borrow some of your poor analogies you told us about the failed railway corp, Nipost etc, in all, you failed to mention any state government investment portfolio, what does that tell you? that the states have failed, when the FG mass transit scheme failed, Rivers RTC did not, Imo's ITC didn't, Anambra TRACAS didn't, how did that happen?

You continue harping on devolution of power from federal to state, same states that are a shadow of themselves? you speak from both compass of your mouth, you told us how the states have failed us at the same time asking us to devolve power to failures? while at it, why are you not talking about devolving power to the Local government closest to you and I, assuming you don't belong to the political class?

It is clear the 1999 constitution by the provisions of section 162(6) murdered the Local governments, it baffles me why an average Nigerian youth will prefer a restructuring where more responsibilities and finances are devolved to states, already proved themselves to be monumental failures than asking for LG autonomy and eliminating the federal character principle from our constitution?

When we had a robust LG before democracy, nobody knocks on your gate asking to buy water because the LG provide treated over head tanks in several local markets, nobody talks about flooding in those days because every last saturday of every month, the reflective clothed LG sanitation guys does the needful in all the major drainages, where are our street names and house numberings? except for privileged Nigerians , others can't use their home addresses for mailing purposes because the LG, didnt number them, I can go on and on.

In the face of all these, a pathetic Nigerian youth will rather patronize lazy and wasteful governors who pay pension and severance package to EX governors like Ibori while serving jail time in a UK prison, to a whooping tune of 5m naira monthly, yet complain to idiots how bloated his recurrent expenditure is.

Its a pity you didnt come accross anything in my post about "the closest level of govt, and the nation should be built from bottom to top"...
You say the fg could succesafully manage oil investments...but not steel, power...etc? Why do you think that has happened?? And the states couldnt manage any? If there was no revenue coming from the fg you think these state comps would be allowed to rot away really? My point is "free oil money" coming from the centre has made the state and lgs comatose, they only exist currently to "pay salaries, build roads and gutters" rather than investing in the people and economy.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 2:40pm On Oct 16, 2017
kattytamer:

Its a pity you didnt come accross anything in my post about "the closest level of govt, and the nation should be built from bottom to top"...
You say the fg could succesafully manage oil investments...but not steel, power...etc? Why do you think that has happened?? And the states couldnt manage any? If there was no revenue coming from the fg you think these state comps would be allowed to rot away really? My point is "free oil money" coming from the centre has made the state and lgs comatose, they only exist currently to "pay salaries, build roads and gutters" rather than investing in the people and economy.

Since you agree that the FG's investments in the oil and gas industry has paid off boosting our collective federation account where our states feed from currently, can you tell me why the states can not make investments that will boost their Internally generated accounts like Anambra and Lagos are doing lately?
Since the FG has chosen to make oil investments within the ambit of its capabilities, why are the states not investing elsewhere? don't get it twisted, Lagos invested in Power, Anambra invested in Agriculture, tell me again, where did Bayelsa invest? where did Rivers invest? where did Akwaibom invest? I think I can guess the former, the Omoku and trans amadi power plants have all been sold and forgotten. grin grin

please quit using phrases like "bottom to top" hogwash, it is not practical enough, tell me what you are proposing in practical terms then i will take you on the relevant subjects, im tired of folks who sound pro politicians as if there is anything in it for them.

Did I hear you say free oil money? really? I can see this website has been reduced to a playground for people who lack the ability to make holistic assessment of situations, that thing you called free oil money is the proceeds of trillions of dollars in investments made solely by the FG.
Since the FG inadvertently made the money through the states infrastructure or Geographical advantage, it is only reasonable to bequeath a part of it to the states, that is common practise anywhere in the world except you are a toddler not to know that.

It is hypothetically ignorant to assume or insinuate that the Allocations given to the states make them lazy, who thinks like that? the allocations are supposed to give every state a level play field including those who are geographically disadvantaged, what should bother you is what the states do with their allocations not undermining a process that guarantees to a great extent, equitable distribution of wealth.
Since August 2014 when crude price fell, has the allocations not flattened? from a whopping 1.3T naira in March 2013 to a paltry 467b naira in August 2017. why are the Governors not investing despite the tremendous drop in allocation?

worthy of note; the states are not comatose because of allocation, that's a preposterous analogy, you can not substantiate it beyond reasonable doubt, at least Lagos and Anambra is typical of states with robust investments and effective tax structure.
The LGs are comatose not because of the usual hogwash you hear from ignorant Nigerians but for the provision of the constitution as outlined above. So if you don't understand the process except the nonsense politicians feed Nigerians in the media, inform me early enough to take a bow, I hardly discuss serious issues with folks with no opinion bank.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by knowledgeable: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

El Rufai in his usual classical nonsensical nature managed to spew a certain bitter truth.

There is no such thing as equality!

It is absolute madness to think so.

The woman selling garri in the market uses same "mudu" to measure for all but the measurement for all is never equal, even though they all pay same price for it.

Everyone deserves to be treated fair but not equally.

It is just a natural phenomenon.

Nigeria is not an exception. The only tragedy in Nigeria is that, the level of inequality is too obvious to be accepted as natural.

We just need to better the situation by embracing fairness because equality can never be reached!

...But, this the bane of Nigeria underdevelopment. For any country to move forward, transform, modernise, develop and change, there must be justice, equity and role of law. They are all intertwined, and if you can't understand/define them, you will eventually seizes to exist. You can't stay motionless for a long period of time.

He has just spew confusion on the air, because equality and inequality definition in the contemporary Nigeria geo-economic-political space is at best very confusing.

Equality, inequality calculations should be based on what?.
Military might of the North over the south?

Demographic and population advantages?

Natural resources?

Political union of se/ss?

North be more populated than sweet?

The lists is endless.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
jpphilips:

Since you agree that the FG's investments in the oil and gas industry has paid off boosting our collective federation account where our states feed from currently, can you tell me why the states can not make investments that will boost their Internally generated accounts like Anambra and Lagos are doing lately?
Since the FG has chosen to make oil investments within the ambit of its capabilities, why are the states not investing elsewhere? don't get it twisted, Lagos invested in Power, Anambra invested in Agriculture, tell me again, where did Bayelsa invest? where did Rivers invest? where did Akwaibom invest? I think I can guess the former, the Omoku and trans amadi power plants have all been sold and forgotten. grin grin

please quit using phrases like "bottom to top" hogwash, it is not practical enough, tell me what you are proposing in practical terms then i will take you on the relevant subjects, im tired of folks who sound pro politicians as if there is anything in it for them.

Did I hear you say free oil money? really? I can see this website has been reduced to a playground for people who lack the ability to make holistic assessment of situations, that thing you called free oil money is the proceeds of trillions of dollars in investments made solely by the FG.
Since the FG inadvertently made the money through the states infrastructure or Geographical advantage, it is only reasonable to bequeath a part of it to the states, that is common practise anywhere in the world except you are a toddler not to know that.

It is hypothetically ignorant to assume or insinuate that the Allocations given to the states make them lazy, who thinks like that? the allocations are supposed to give every state a level play field including those who are geographically disadvantaged, what should bother you is what the states do with their allocations not undermining a process that guarantees to a great extent, equitable distribution of wealth.
Since August 2014 when crude price fell, has the allocations not flattened? from a whopping 1.3T naira in March 2013 to a paltry 467b naira in August 2017. why are the Governors not investing despite the tremendous drop in allocation?

worthy of note; the states are not comatose because of allocation, that's a preposterous analogy, you can not substantiate it beyond reasonable doubt, at least Lagos and Anambra is typical of states with robust investments and effective tax structure.
The LGs are comatose not because of the usual hogwash you hear from ignorant Nigerians but for the provision of the constitution as outlined above. So if you don't understand the process except the nonsense politicians feed Nigerians in the media, inform me early enough to take a bow, I hardly discuss serious issues with folks with no opinion bank.
Its a pity you cant read between lines but can spend your energy writing a beautiful epistle and you still cant answer to my questions...well, wether you agree or not the fact remains so long states and lgc continue getting excess free money from the centre they have little or no incentive to invest in long term projects; so long they "keep sharing the money around, everyone is satisfied today" though theres no concrete plan for tomorrow...lagos has a seaport and an international airport and is an old capital as well hence its easier.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 8:46am On Oct 17, 2017
kattytamer:

Its a pity you cant read between lines but can spend your energy writing a beautiful epistle and you still cant answer to my questions...well, wether you agree or not the fact remains so long states and lgc continue getting excess free money from the centre they have little or no incentive to invest in long term projects; so long they "keep sharing the money around, everyone is satisfied today" though theres no concrete plan for tomorrow...lagos has a seaport and an international airport and is an old capital as well hence its easier.

While I respect your opinion, you should learn that whatever opinion you wield is a function of your enlightenment, so far, I can gladly deduce you are a victim of AIT, Galaxy & Channels TV quack political analysts oozing cheap propaganda, sponsored by irresponsible politicians at state level, they have no other job than to disturb the airwaves why Nigeria should be restructured into their pockets, study, unlearn and relearn, with knowledge no idiot pushes you around, that is where I stand.

If huge allocations from Abuja is the problem, now that its dwindled, why have they (politicians at state level) not woken up? you see the fulcrum of your arguement is muddy and baseless.
Apart from more money in the hands of useless governors, kindly explain to us how a restructured Nigeria (except LG autonomy) favours ordinary citizens like you and I?

Please don't sell me the usual nonsense of how more money in their hands will make them to compete, a useless Governor that couldn't compete with Federal allocation can not compete even when he is handed the whole federation account.

Did I hear you say Lagos having a seaport makes it easier? ostensibly, you are not just poorly informed but you are practically myopic. When next you suggest to us what we need to do, point at least a successful country where such proposals have worked, so i will be sure you are not proposing that Nigeria becomes a lab rat for political experiments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2017
jpphilips:

While I respect your opinion, you should learn that whatever opinion you wield is a function of your enlightenment, so far, I can gladly deduce you are a victim of AIT, Galaxy & Channels TV quack political analysts oozing cheap propaganda, sponsored by irresponsible politicians at state level, they have no other job than to disturb the airwaves why Nigeria should be restructured into their pockets, study, unlearn and relearn, with knowledge no idiot pushes you around, that is where I stand.

If huge allocations from Abuja is the problem, now that its dwindled, why have they (politicians at state level) not woken up? you see the fulcrum of your arguement is muddy and baseless.
Apart from more money in the hands of useless governors, kindly explain to us how a restructured Nigeria (except LG autonomy) favours ordinary citizens like you and I?

Please don't sell me the usual nonsense of how more money in their hands will make them to compete, a useless Governor that couldn't compete with Federal allocation can not compete even when he is handed the whole federation account.

Did I hear you say Lagos having a seaport makes it easier? ostensibly, you are not just poorly informed but you are practically myopic. When next you suggest to us what we need to do, point at least a successful country where such proposals have worked, so i will be sure you are not proposing that Nigeria becomes a lab rat for political experiments.
Mr man you just love ranting without making any point, you think im a victim of some political misinformation, yet you still cant give any answer to my questions above and you claim to be smart If there was no crude oil what would we be doing today? Is there any part of this country that lacks resources that could be harnessed for economic value? How is kenya, malaysia, thailand forging ahead?

You support lg autonomy but not restructuring and you think that is enough? And you have the guts to call me myopic Why did you pick out the seaport? Was that all i said about lagos Take your empty rants somewhere else okay
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
kattytamer:

Mr man you just love ranting without making any point, you think im a victim of some political misinformation, yet you still cant give any answer to my questions above and you claim to be smart If there was no crude oil what would we be doing today? Is there any part of this country that lacks resources that could be harnessed for economic value? How is kenya, malaysia, thailand forging ahead?

You support lg autonomy but not restructuring and you think that is enough? And you have the guts to call me myopic Why did you pick out the seaport? Was that all i said about lagos Take your empty rants somewhere else okay

Sounding like oil fell from the sky, You are a child, we talk when you grow up.
Tell your loser governor to go make investments that will boost his IGR, and stop disturbing us with stupid restructuring.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2017
jpphilips:

Sounding like oil fell from the sky, You are a child, we talk when you grow up.
Tell your loser governor to go make investments that will boost his IGR, and stop disturbing us with stupid restructuring.
...Emptyness as expected...and while you cant profer a better alternative you are busy killing that of others...not unique to you though...india and china have a population in multiples of ours and their govt has successfully done well in investing in human capital devt hence their gdp and per cap inc far outstrips ours and someone supposedly educated thinks we should continue with this current quota system style of doing things.
The earlier we went back to our regional style the better it would be for us all, the task of nation building is not a one man affair, the fg should have no business running schools and hospitals but should rather focus on international affairs and assisting states where necessary, the states in turn should ensure standards are maintained, and the people should be able to hold their local govt and ward chairmen (who, btw should be bright heads and not motor park clouts) responsible when basic services are not provided like educ, health care, security, power to as much extent as possible, if we all pay serious taxes to get these services i dont think they would be left to decay just as it is obtainable in the west. Dont you get ashamed when you see international comps like cscec or sinopec? And we import toothpick, buttons and pencils still...everyone is happy even though our igr is negligible but our monthly allocation keeps coming in...dude wake up. Fyi my state igr is about the fourth or fifth highest in the country so keep your advise for yourself.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
kattytamer:

...Emptyness as expected...and while you cant profer a better alternative you are busy killing that of others...not unique to you though...india and china have a population in multiples of ours and their govt has successfully done well in investing in human capital devt hence their gdp and per cap inc far outstrips ours and someone supposedly educated thinks we should continue with this current quota system style of doing things.
The earlier we went back to our regional style the better it would be for us all, the task of nation building is not a one man affair, the fg should have no business running schools and hospitals but should rather focus on international affairs and assisting states where necessary, the states in turn should ensure standards are maintained, and the people should be able to hold their local govt and ward chairmen (who, btw should be bright heads and not motor park clouts) responsible when basic services are not provided like educ, health care, security, power to as much extent as possible, if we all pay serious taxes to get these services i dont think they would be left to decay just as it is obtainable in the west. Dont you get ashamed when you see international comps like cscec or sinopec? And we import toothpick, buttons and pencils still...everyone is happy even though our igr is negligible but our monthly allocation keeps coming in...dude wake up. Fyi my state igr is about the fourth or fifth highest in the country so keep your advise for yourself.

You said im empty but in your opening line, u are practically begging me for alternatives to your political existence, are you not confused?

I completely understand the disposition of individuals like you who are straddling between illiteracy, ignorance and political chicanery.

You proposed restructuring with the form of resource control, I murdered your argument with the highest resource in the land, oil and gas and other geographical advantages, reason I said your proposal is baseless. whatelse have you proposed?
Nothing except the selfish ignorant tantrums of a lazy political class.
when you are glaringly bereft of any political ideas you are telling me about India and China? what do you know about those countries? what is the economic model of China? India's political structure nko?
Nobody likes the quota system, if you want it removed, it is possible through a constitutional ammendment not restructuring.

What do you know about regional governance? what solutions do you have for all the challenges we encountered at the time? most notable was the1966 pogrom in the North, where the northern regional police took sides with their murderous brethen to annihilate igbos, in response to a coup otherwise would have started and ended in the Army? what solution do you have should history repeat itself, since you are proposing to go back to a problem we have solved with decree 8, carried over till date on a decentralised armed forces?
I am sure the ignorance in you has already told you that regional governance is Eldorado, do I blame you?

What about minority suppression? a problem that compelled us to carve out the mid west from the western region because the majority Yorubas were oppressing the Bende minorities, there was no peace in the western region for 2yrs. the same monster equally operated in the Eastern region where the Igbo dominated eastern region was oppressing the minority Niger delta, so bad it was that the majority igbos in parliament moved the Eastern regional headquarters from Calabar a minority territory to Enugu an igbo dominated territory. No peace everywhere, should you go back to the regional government, how do you deal with these issues? because state creation as we operate today have already solved them.
I can go on and on, most of your proposals are baseless.

FG has no buisness running schools you said but the same China you asked us to emulate run all their institutions through the FG, so why are you shooting yourself in the foot?
if our FG can not run schools, hospitals and other institutions, is it hopeless governors like Okowa, Fayose and Ochendo that will run them effectively? you are confused.

The CNOOC and SINOPEC you mentioned are Chinese NNPC and NPDC equivalent in Nigeria, all government owned and they are doing very well, so what nonsense are you ranting about?

Your political ignorance stink, you will be more useful in the romance section.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
jpphilips:

You said im empty but in your opening line, u are practically begging me for alternatives to your political existence, are you not confused?

I completely understand the disposition of individuals like you who are straddling between illiteracy, ignorance and political chicanery.

You proposed restructuring with the form of resource control, I murdered your argument with the highest resource in the land, oil and gas and other geographical advantages, reason I said your proposal is baseless. whatelse have you proposed?
when you are glaringly bereft of any political ideas you are telling me about India and China? what do you know about those countries? what is the economic model of China? India's political structure nko?
Nobody likes the quota system, if you want it removed, it is possible through a constitutional ammendment not restructuring.

What do you know about regional governance? what solutions do you have for all the challenges we encountered at the time? most notable was the1966 pogrom in the North, where the northern regional police took sides with their murderous brethen to annihilate igbos, in response to a coup otherwise would have started and ended in the Army? what solution do you have should history repeat itself, since you are proposing to go back to a problem we have solved with decree 8, carried over till date on a decentralised armed forces?
I am sure the ignorance in you has already told you that regional governance is Eldorado, do I blame you?

What about minority suppression? a problem that compelled us to carve out the mid west from the western region because the majority Yorubas were oppressing the Bende minorities, there was no peace in the western region for 2yrs. the same monster equally operated in the Eastern region where the Igbo dominated eastern region was oppressing the minority Niger delta, so bad it was that the majority igbos in parliament moved the Eastern regional headquarters from Calabar a minority territory to Enugu an igbo dominated territory. No peace everywhere, should you go back to the regional government, how do you deal with these issues? because state creation as we operate today have already solved them.

FG has no buisness running schools you said but the same China you asked us to emulate run all their institutions through the FG, so why are you shooting yourself in the foot?
if our FG can not run schools, hospitals and other institutions, is it hopeless governors like Okowa, Fayose and Ochendo that will run them effectively? you are confused.

The CNOOC and SINOPEC you mentioned are Chinese NNPC and NPDC equivalent in Nigeria, all government owned and they are doing very well, so what nonsense are you ranting about?

Highlighting your "pull-him-down" mentality means begging you for what?

From the above you understand nothing and unfortunately you blindly assume you do and go around ranting nonsense.

How did you murder any point? By claiming govs would not do better in a restructured govt? What happens to people holding their nearest govt responsible for services they payed high taxes for And mind you i never mentioned "resource control", but you only assume you understand me...as expected from a proud ignorant fellow.

Again what has the 1966 pogrom got to do with anything? You correctly pointed to the ill-fated coup but still give that as an excuse against restructuring? If a similar coup happens today you think there would be no similar revenge pogrom? Or did decree 8 protect anyone from the 2011 post election violence? Or has it stopped fulani herdsmen terrorists from carrying out annihilations?

How minority suppression a problem? Is everyone satisfied with the current system or are there actually more dissatisfactions nationwide at the moment? My friend the only way to solve that is by disintegrating the nation, and the closest to that is restructuring.with more power closer to the people, than the centre.

Again you exhibit your narrow-mindedness, I mentioned china and india in reference to how their respective govt has done much to improve the skill level of their populations hence they have more proffessionals compared to unskilled workers as against what we have here, ASUU has to go on strike for 90 days before the govt is moved...how do we arrive at international brands like cscec(google that up) and sinopec when there is no serious "incentive"? We still import white men to construct drainages and highways in the 21st century. Has nnpc succesfully managed the refineries? If not for the multinationals i doubt they could do much as well.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Babacele: 8:50am On Oct 19, 2017
jpphilips:

please ask him what brought about the Wilkinson commission and Adaka Boroh. Many of the post 2015 losers spew the ' restructuring ' trash they hardly understand because it fits into their bring-PMB/Nigeria- down at -all costs plans without even understanding what restructuring is all about. Why the bastards couldn't implement their ' confab' nonsense under GEJ where they had all the time and supports in the world but want PMB to, Willy nilly, leaves me baffled.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 9:43am On Oct 19, 2017
author=kattytamer post=61545765]
Highlighting your "pull-him-down" mentality means begging you for what?

From the above you understand nothing and unfortunately you blindly assume you do and go around ranting nonsense.

How did you murder any point? By claiming govs would not do better in a restructured govt? What happens to people holding their nearest govt responsible for services they payed high taxes for And mind you i never mentioned "resource control", but you only assume you understand me...as expected from a proud ignorant fellow.

Short memory it is called, when you proposed Lagos controlling its sea port you don't know you have proposed resource control? How old are you? Deep sea port is a geographical advantage for Lagos what Oil is for Bayelsa, get that in your coconut head!!

Again what has the 1966 pogrom got to do with anything? You correctly pointed to the ill-fated coup but still give that as an excuse against restructuring? If a similar coup happens today you think there would be no similar revenge pogrom? Or did decree 8 protect anyone from the 2011 post election violence? Or has it stopped fulani herdsmen terrorists from carrying out annihilations?

You are a child not to know that the regional government we had at the time exacerbated the pogrom, when you get to that level of enlightenment we talk, for now, shhhh!!!

How minority suppression a problem? Is everyone satisfied with the current system or are there actually more dissatisfactions nationwide at the moment? My friend the only way to solve that is by disintegrating the nation, and the closest to that is restructuring.with more power closer to the people, than the centre.

Go and disintegrate your father's house, that is the only legitimate entitlement you have in this country, dumb people like you are not even stake holders in Nigeria, why should we care? its like taking advice from IPOB on the fate of Nigeria grin grin

Again you exhibit your narrow-mindedness, I mentioned china and india in reference to how their respective govt has done much to improve the skill level of their populations hence they have more proffessionals compared to unskilled workers as against what we have here, ASUU has to go on strike for 90 days before the govt is moved...how do we arrive at international brands like cscec(google that up) and sinopec when there is no serious "incentive"? We still import white men to construct drainages and highways in the 21st century. Has nnpc succesfully managed the refineries? If not for the multinationals i doubt they could do much as well.

You can not mention China and India under any circumstance because you have no clue what is going on there. If you don't like the structure of Nigeria and informed proposals that will make Nigeria function better, by all means grab yourself a Visa, Nigeria will be glad to include you in its export Liabilities.
You think everyone swallows the restructuring rubbish sold by lazy governors.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nationalman: 9:47am On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=Donbiggi post=61339992][/quote]you are not. from the post of some i discovered that the truth is very difficult to understand.in as much as i have some reservations on el-rufia .for once i would agree with his statement. we have all lost the real picture of what it is meant to be Nigerians.many knows that the statement are factual but because of the percieved or imagined bias of el-rufia would not want to agree
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2017
Babacele:
please ask him what brought about the Wilkinson commission and Adaka Boroh. Many of the post 2015 losers spew the ' restructuring ' trash they hardly understand because it fits into their bring-PMB/Nigeria- down at -all costs plans without even understanding what restructuring is all about. Why the bastards couldn't implement their ' confab' nonsense under GEJ where they had all the time and supports in the world but want PMB to, Willy nilly, leaves me baffled.

Do you blame them, when a secondary school dropout thinks he knows the structure of this country better than its founding fathers, we are in an era where nonentities that have no clue which structure we are running are clamouring for restructuring, can they change what they dont understand?
A retard just suggested to me we should return to the regional government, imagine? an era of turmoil, an Era we created a new region in less than 2yrs, the darkest era in our history. what do they know? bloody blockheads!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by JerryGent(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2017
Welcome to Nigeria are you just arriving you are highly welcome
LionInBoxOffice:
I'm in support of one Nigeria but then, there's nth like "unequals". Treat this people well and they won't complain anymore. We're not slaves!
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
jpphilips:
author=kattytamer post=61545765]

Short memory it is called, when you proposed Lagos controlling its sea port you don't know you have proposed resource control? How old are you? Deep sea port is a geographical advantage for Lagos what Oil is for Bayelsa, get that in your coconut head!!

So lagos has a seaport so what? Does it really stop delta, ph or calabar ports from working?? Does it stop plateau or taraba state from harnessing their own resources? If kebbi or anyother state decides to set up modalities to ensure industralization would lagos stop them?? Your posts are just based on your pointless sentiments which is clouding you from seeing into the future...like you keep hammering on dwindling cash flow from the centre like its supposed to be sufficient reason to make state govs "divest", but the unfortunately you dont realise or deny intentionally that the govs are there for a 4year term and dwindling cash from centre for a couple of months or a year doesnt mean they dont get enough to squander, worse scenerio they owe workers and pensionners their wages with the self explannatory excuse and no one would blame them just as it happens...ask yourself the question: What does nigeria realy contribute to the world economy besides crude oil? I have given you examples of china and india who have repositioned their economy by investing the human capt devt but your stupid pride wouldnt let yoh see reasons on why we should be taking that seriously now...well its obvious to everyone crude oil would loose its value sometime in the future then the gap between nigeria and the rest of the world would become real and you could argue with yourself what is right or wrong. For now so long free money is flowing around govt can afford to just build gutters and roads, pay salaries or at best sponsor some to a nursing school in egypt, and go to sleep, no one cares where we would be tommorrow, almajiris would always be around anyway.

You are a child not to know that the regional government we had at the time exacerbated the pogrom, when you get to that level of enlightenment we talk, for now, shhhh!!!

Ye ancient one for the last time regional govt wasnt the cause of the pogrom and if a similar coup d'tat should happen today the repercussion would be same or even worse so shut it already.

Go and disintegrate your father's house, that is the only legitimate entitlement you have in this country, dumb people like you are not even stake holders in Nigeria, why should we care? its like taking advice from IPOB on the fate of Nigeria grin grin

You just cant dissadpoint me any further,always emotional and never logical...you are the one bringing up the point of minorities agitating against suppression by the majorities as a consequnce of regionalism, and I have said restructuring the govt such that more power and decision making is closer to the people, at the ward and lg level, and they choose how they want to live is the panacea to that and look what you bring up...anyway for the records, seeking for a referrendum is a fundamental right recognised by the UN and respected worldwide...except in places where oppression is the rule just like we have in the quota system.

You can not mention China and India under any circumstance because you have no clue what is going on there. If you don't like the structure of Nigeria and informed proposals that will make Nigeria function better, by all means grab yourself a Visa, Nigeria will be glad to include you in its export Liabilities.
You think everyone swallows the restructuring rubbish sold by lazy governors.

You are just a clown, what is wrong to doing things rightly? Sharing the duty of nation building between the people and the govt? How many people know their lg and ward chairmen? What are their respomsibilities? How many of our universities are in the world top 100? Is the standard of educ improving or declining? What is govt expenditure in science and tech...stop fighting lazy govs, there would be theives always, my point is more responsibilities should be shifted to the lg level which has steady contact with the people, and the govt..more at the lg level should be seriously involved in building a vibrant sustainable economy by creating the enabling environment and man power as well,thats what I mean by restructuring...from abuja to the grass-roots, I appreciate the npower or youwin prog which was the only positive from the last administration i remember, the lgc should be empowered to do something similar if possible. I realy dont care if the current state govs are all in a psychiatric home or not...mind you ive had these thoughts as far back as the early 90s in the light of the annuled election then.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 1:38pm On Oct 20, 2017
[quote author=kattytamer post=61574699]

You are just a clown, what is wrong to doing things rightly? Sharing the duty of nation building between the people and the govt? How many people know their lg and ward chairmen? What are their respomsibilities? How many of our universities are in the world top 100? Is the standard

Ranting as usual, how is it a national problem that you don't know your LGA chairman? I told you that the only restructuring in the interest of the Nigerian people is one that grants Local Government Autonomy and perhaps expunge federal character from our constitution.
Read better next time.

of educ improving or declining? What is govt expenditure in science and tech...stop fighting lazy govs, there would be theives always, my point is more responsibilities should be shifted to the lg level which has steady contact with the people, and the govt..more at the lg level should be seriously involved in building a vibrant sustainable economy by creating the enabling environment and man power as well,thats what I mean by restructuring...

I am glad I have been able to knock you back to factory settings at least the points I outlined above weren't wasted after all, now you see I have been able to convince you that Regional government, resource control and other popular hogwash flying around isn't in the interest of the people. Pushing down responsibilities to LG is the same as LG autonomy. That is the only restructuring we want.

from abuja to the grass-roots, I appreciate the npower or youwin prog which was the only positive from the last administration i remember, the lgc should be empowered to do something similar if possible. I realy dont care if the current state govs are all in a psychiatric home or not...mind you ive had these thoughts as far back as the early 90s in the light of the annuled election then.

For us to attract grassroot development, we need the states to hands off the resources of the LGAs, that's the LG autonomy we are talking about, we are on the same page here, the states can go to coma for all we care.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
[quote author=jpphilips post=61603110][/quote]
Mr man no one actually cares if their lgc chairperson is a fish right now, they are close to non-functional and the govs could easily do away with them and no one would miss them which is not supposed to be.

Lg autonomy as proposed by the senate may only reflect taking the hands of govs off lg electoral processes and splitting the joint state-lg accounts, though an important step, but may not necessarily translate to the much needed devolution of powers which i referred to as restructuring the govt...restructuring means diff things to diff people...

I may be intune with those clamouring for resource control and true federalism, truely it may be for selfish purposes to be fair to some, but on the brighter side I do believe it would spur those supposedly left stranded to consider better alternatives of which human capt devt is a key factor in the long run, just like in other places not so blessed with "natural resources" but still manage to make a good economy just as in india and china, I categorically left out the talk of resource control for obvious reasons. My main point has been building a taxation driven economy coupled with human capt devt, not "resource control". As for selfish people you talk of it shouldnt be the focus, the current system hasnt stopped looting if you should be honeat and I actually believe corruption would be relatively lesser if we do the right things including taking taxation seriously, every style has its advantages and disadvantages unfortunately. For now...we just postpone the evil day.
Re: Restructuring: You Can’t Treat Unequals Equally, El-rufai Tells Igbos, Others by jpphilips(m): 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
kattytamer:

Mr man no one actually cares if their lgc chairperson is a fish right now, they are close to non-functional and the govs could easily do away with them and no one would miss them which is not supposed to be.

Lg autonomy as proposed by the senate may only reflect taking the hands of govs off lg electoral processes and splitting the joint state-lg accounts, though an important step, but may not necessarily translate to the much needed devolution of powers which i referred to as restructuring the govt...restructuring means diff things to diff people...

I may be intune with those clamouring for resource control and true federalism, truely it may be for selfish purposes to be fair to some, but on the brighter side I do believe it would spur those supposedly left stranded to consider better alternatives of which human capt devt is a key factor in the long run, just like in other places not so blessed with "natural resources" but still manage to make a good economy just as in india and china, I categorically left out the talk of resource control for obvious reasons. My main point has been building a taxation driven economy coupled with human capt devt, not "resource control". As for selfish people you talk of it shouldnt be the focus, the current system hasnt stopped looting if you should be honeat and I actually believe corruption would be relatively lesser if we do the right things including taking taxation seriously, every style has its advantages and disadvantages unfortunately. For now...we just postpone the evil day.

Since you have agreed on LG autonomy no need stressing it further.
I have warned you severally re-echoing the usual thrash politicians continuously sell to ignorant people wont help your arguement, what is resource control? What is true federalism?

These are jargons used by politicians to steal you blind, there is nothing in it for you, stop selling it, define your interest and stick to it, True federalism as a phrase has neither dictionary nor Encyclopedia meaning.
Unless ofcourse you think you are talking to an illiterate.

There is nothing like resource control, what I am aware of is resources investment, go and make your investments and control your investment.
Where your governors are too lazy to do that, they should continue feeding from Abuja, currently, Abuja is broke, very soon, your lazy governors will become babalawos.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo Finally Replies Jonathan’s Letter On New Foundation / Buhari Appoints Ibim Semenitari As NDDC Acting Managing Director / El-Rufai's Convoy: Ugezu J Ugezu 'A Door Opener For The Main Door Opener'(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.