Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) (36650 Views)

Soldiers Invade, Burn Bilabiri Ekeremor Bayelsa Over Killing Of 4 Naval Officers / Parents Withdraw Children From School In Anambra Over Army Medical Outreach / 4 Million Igbos Hit The Street Of London To Protest Over Army Killing (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Negotiate: 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2017
obiageIi:
Illiteracy in the SE/SS seams to be at par with the north. Smh

Onye nzuzu
In the south east, the best way to pass information is through the town crier.
They still ku ékwé in your village, ga juoo ajuju.
The army cannot just come and mount for medical outreach without following the omenala of information dissemination.
You are an illiterate.

19 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by wristbangle: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

My advice is simple. The parents rushing to pick up their kids from school, believing the military wants to inject their kids, should also enrol in the same school with their kids,after all these drama.

It shows they not only lack common sense,but that they too like their kids,needs some formal kind of education.

What does the military stand to gain harming the citizenry?and just like i told somebody yesterday. You will think with the constant complaint about the Military in Nigeria, that it is only populated by the Northerners and that there are no other tribes inside.

Anybody that has lived close to a Military formation/base knows the military conduct these exercises to civilians from time to time. From free Vaccinations, to checking of BP to eye treatments and one time they even shared Condoms along the streets.

But no,Buhari is President and wants to kill all Southerners.

Some years ago. I think Goodluck Jonathan was the President then(i stand to be corrected), 84 Northern Kids were killed when a fake teething medication(MY PIKIN) was sold to their parents who gave their kids to consume.

A Yoruba man (Adeyemo) and an Edo man (Eromosele)were both convicted and sent to jail for it. I did not read anywhere that Jonathan was trying to kill Northerners, since the makers of the drugs are Southerners.

We should stop viewing everything this Government does as evil. It is not healthy for us.

Mynd. and lala. what is your opinion?

My opinion about the military medical exercise is that prior notice should have been given to South South/South East governments of which is now up to the indigenes to partake in the exercise.

If they fail to participate in the medical exercise despite reassurance from the respective state governments, whatever consequences that follows especially now that baboon outbreak is more rampant in the region, it would be their cup of tea.

famzynet:
Misplaced priorities. When has immunization become the job of the army. All those children have been immunized. The army should tell us what they intend to achieve by injecting those children. No sensible parent will allow his ward to be injected by the army. The army should be in Sambisa forest and not found on the street terrorizing people.

In Developed countries, Army play a vital role in medical field. Recall about the Ebola virus that spread last year, some medical army team was sent from United States to curb the situation most especially in Sierra leone.

They are doing their job. The only flaw in the exercise is "lack of communication"

3 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by DonVikings: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
Illiteracy + ignorance + hate = Indigenous Pigs of Biafra. cheesy
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by PointZerom: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
Silvermoney:

Tell your cousin that it is not by force to administer vaccines on unwilling or hostile 'beneficiaries'. The army's long record of human rights abuse and unprofessional conduct in the south east and South South explains why they are unwanted, untrusted, and unloved. People simply don't want to have anything to do with the average soldiers as they are seen as primitive bullies and oppressors. That's the situation here, not ignorance. Isn't this clear to you?

Cc, hungerbad
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by famzynet: 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
Misplaced priorities. When has immunization become the job of the army. All those children have been immunized. The army should tell us what they intend to achieve by injecting those children. No sensible parent will allow his ward to be injected by the army. The army should be in Sambisa forest and not found on the street terrorizing people.

4 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Bigsteveg(m): 5:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
faorex:
why should military men inject children with vaccines?? are they trained for such Nigeria sef!
Military does not carry only guns. They have different profession. They have engineering base at Ede, Osun state for example.
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
stagger:

Do you just throw men and women in combat fatigue into schools with needles for them to be unleashed on kids? Have you not heard of the world "sensitization"? One moment you are shooting people in Abia, next moment you are in schools with needles. How does that sound and look?
Hahahaha,
Ask him oo.
You made much sense dear.

3 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Mrkumareze(m): 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
This is just the result of misuse of powers. I haven't seen a country where soldiers parade themselves like civilians. I could recall how I began to plead an army officer who was just directing the traffic thinking he was ordering me to park but at the end he was only permitting me to drive through the free lane which I never believed an officer could do due to the fear they already instigated among the citizens . May God help us being down the Goliath of this nation on their knee .

2 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by PointZerom: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
Negotiate:

Onye nzuzu
The army cannot just come and mount for medical outreach without following the omenala of information dissemination.
You are an illiterate.

Obiageli well served here. lol.

11 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by midastouch: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
I lack words to express my confusion.

It appears that all primary health care professionals in the South-South and South-East are on annual leave; otherwise, how do you explain the fact that the Nigerian Army is now the vehicle of vaccine administration?

UNICEF and the WHO have administered vaccines in these areas in the past and they have established structures for achieving these aims.

A lot of goofing by the Army.

Providing vaccination for the public and to minors (without the consent of their legal parents /guardians) is NOT the job of the Army.

Now, assuming this exercise is altruistic, why not carry out massive sensitization and publicity prior to doing this!

It is even more respectful to have the parents of these children consent before going ahead.

A lot of people should lose their jobs over this botched job.

Nobody is even telling us what diseases the vaccines are for.

8 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by GODWIN78(m): 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

My advice is simple. The parents rushing to pick up their kids from school, believing the military wants to inject their kids, should also enrol in the same school with their kids,after all these drama.

It shows they not only lack common sense,but that they too like their kids,needs some formal kind of education.

What does the military stand to gain harming the citizenry?and just like i told somebody yesterday. You will think with the constant complaint about the Military in Nigeria, that it is only populated by the Northerners and that there are no other tribes inside.

Anybody that has lived close to a Military formation/base knows the military conduct these exercises to civilians from time to time. From free Vaccinations, to checking of BP to eye treatments and one time they even shared Condoms along the streets.

Some years ago. I think Goodluck Jonathan was the President then(i stand to be corrected), 84 Northern Kids were killed when a fake teething medication(MY PIKIN) was sold to their parents who gave their kids to consume.

A Yoruba man (Adeyemo) and an Edo man (Eromosele)were both convicted and sent to jail for it. I did not read anywhere that Jonathan was trying to kill Northerners, since the makers of the drugs are Southerners.

We should stop viewing everything this Government does as evil. It is not healthy for us.

Mynd44 and Lalasticlacla what is your opinion?

when did it become the duty of the army,?,you hypocrit

6 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by AK481(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
adem30:

What a shame on you. So you think all Army does na to dey carry gun? Let me Educate you. Army have every profession you can think of, be it Doctors, Engineers, Nurses,Lecturer, Journalist and any other profession.

Most of you over there are just Educated illiterate, . And you guys will still be he first to attack other people profession as if you know anything

we don hear,carry ya pikin go collect injection.

just for the benefit of ipob doubt,no parent will allow the army to chuk that stinking thing into their children's bumbum.

3 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Omofunaab2: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
Silvermoney:

Tell your cousin that it is not by force to administer vaccines on unwilling or hostile 'beneficiaries'. The army's long record of human rights abuse and unprofessional conduct in the south east and South South explains why they are unwanted, untrusted, and unloved. People simply don't want to have anything to do with the average soldiers as they are seen as primitive bullies and oppressors. That's the situation here, not ignorance. Isn't this clear to you?

The Nigerian army said it was voluntary.

The fact that most of you believe the Nigerian army will try to force kids to be vaccinated shows the IQ of most of you guys

1 Like

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2017
Negotiate:

Onye nzuzu
You are an illiterate.
Don't mind that anugbaroku....called Obiageli.
She doesn't know that this has nothing to do with illiteracy nor exposure....
Why the sudden LOVE from the military..?
When last did the military visit schools with incentives..?
By the way, which kids are better of in terms of IMMUNIZATION.... the north or the south....?

Why rush to immunize KIDS that had been immunized by their educated parents....?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by IamSINZ(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dillusionist:
senseless zoo terrorist army...if you really wanna serve the public...get your filthy self to the gutters,clean the gutters,sweep the environs ,,pack all the waste bin in the state and make everywhere clean,,that should be all that you should be vying for..

.stupid almajiri soldiers

Atleast take down your dp if you know you're gonna be making comments like this one. You may be endangering yourself.
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Ngokafor(f): 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Lol. . Na ignorance go kill some of you.

My cousin is a medical doctor and he's in the army.

So what if your cousin is a Doctor in the Military? angry

...does that give him or any other Military personal like him the right to go on an ill-advised Vaccination excercise on other people's Children without the consent of their parents nor adequate public enlightenment??..

Imagine this nonsense!!!.

6 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by musa234(m): 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
[quote author=DonVikings post=61389843]Illiteracy + ignorance + hate = Indigenous Pigs of Biafra. cheesy[/quote why do you have so much hate in you. Your just too tribalistic. You shouldnt make this igbos or Igbos as you call them feel too important, please just let them do their thing it won't change anything form we northerners
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by chi4ik(m): 5:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
Igbo people are wiser, Nigeria Army should tell the Igbos the name & nature of the vaccine, & beside, is it by force? I think their desperation is a bad omen. they are on a bad mission..

3 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Alexk2(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ignorance is indeed a disease. I won't be suprised if this starts from some stupid elites who'll do anything possible for their selfish gains. This isn't anyway different from the salt/ebola panic.
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by yaki84: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
what vaccine r they administering? Is it polio? Monkeypox does not yet have preventable vaccines so that one is out. Abi na hunger cause that is the most common sickness at the moment.
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
Has the Nigerian Army become a plague that must be avoided by all means?
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Silvermoney: 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2017
Omofunaab2:

The fact that most of you believe the Nigerian army will try to force kids to be vaccinated shows the IQ of most of you guys

Re-read the earlier post and rate your IQ again. Voluntary my foot, yet they stormed a community where they are held in contempt without prior sensitisation or forewarning. Sounds like sensible voluntary action to you alone.

These people DO NOT want to have anything to do with the army, voluntary or not. QED. Get that very clear, if your IQ permits!

5 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by OmoDavido(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2017
Dillusionist:
senseless zoo terrorist army...if you really wanna serve the public...get your filthy self to the gutters,clean the gutters,sweep the environs ,,pack all the waste bin in the state and make everywhere clean,,that should be all that you should be vying for..

.stupid almajiri soldiers

Typical comment of a hate filled Ipob terrorists!

Ah dey shame for una.
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by musa234(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2017
Omofunaab2:

they should have been informed prior to the vaccination. Sensitisation should have been carried out. Most people in the south now see the armies as enemies cos of the python dance that happened there some weeks back.

3 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2017
chi4ik:
Igbo people are wiser, Nigeria Army should tell the Igbos the name & nature of the vaccine, & beside, is it by force? I think their desperation is a bad omen. they are on a bad mission..
Thank You...
Who suffers POLIO more....?
Who suffers LEPROSY more....?
Who suffers MALNUTRITION more...?
Who suffers Tropical splenomegaly syndrome more...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by GODWIN78(m): 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
adem30:

What a shame on you. So you think all Army does na to dey carry gun? Let me Educate you. Army have every profession you can think of, be it Doctors, Engineers, Nurses,Lecturer, Journalist and any other profession.

Most of you over there are just Educated illiterate, . And you guys will still be he first to attack other people profession as if you know anything
you are the worst, before embarking on this they most publicise, and notify the masses,you, wet dey educate d,
Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Na wahooooo why is it your problem, papa and mama wey get pikin say them no want, how is it your problem?or was there a virus breakout in the south?..... Why won't everybody run, after the first vaccine injection in the South from nowhere came monkey pox, oya you bring your siblings for injection then cause I know you don't have kids to know their importance

3 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Ekiugboughelli: 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2017
Whats the injection all about and why soldiers?

They want to kill our children the expired drugs

Buhari is evil…………………..

3 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by yourstruely: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Na ur type of ppl dem dey use their intelligence take kill them just because say u no gree keep your intelligence aside and reason like you are in Nigeria where things are not that straight forward

4 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2017
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

So u know all this and still oppose biafra?

Nigeria is not one and can never b one.

4 Likes

Re: School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) by Alexk2(m): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Lol. . Na ignorance go kill some of you.

My cousin is a medical doctor and he's in the army.

I tell you BRO. I'm saddened at the level of ignorance in our country...more worrisome is the way we always allow some elites use it for their selfish interest. I won't be suprised if it becomes a campaign tool tommorow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma: Those Calling Me ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Are Ignorant / Jimoh Ibrahim: I Deliberately Wasted Mimiko, Jegede’s Time And Destabilized Them / Aminat Owoseni Weds Abayomi Apooyin In USA (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.