Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (54577 Views)

Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" / "It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Awoofawo(m): 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
makky555:
Metcheeeeeeeew the men is stupid.... Is he trying to tell us that he used 10% of his income to build that house

Lemme get my whistle I'm coming for you
angry

Badl Belle gal! Dem go catch you one day...you go see haleyuhal in three color for your body!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
makky555:

A blessing is naturally attached to giving.. No body is saying you shouldn't give to the orphanage but give to Caesar what is his and give to God what is His too... Period.

I'm not saying in righteous with my tithing but I don't joke with it when I have the slightest opportunity to give it
stop enriching your pastors and reach out to those hungry ones mate.

3 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Chukabiz1961(m): 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
olaboo123:
Nigerian man says people should do this with their tithes "instead of giving out money to those who already have a private jets"

Nigerian Facebook user Donatus has advised Christians to channel their tithes into helping people in need, especially the elderly.

few weeks ago, one Chief Charles Nzechi built a new home for Mrs Onyemechi, Nwanmo, an old homeless widow in Abia State, who had been living in a dilapidated mud house for decades. Read here.

He shared photos of the old woman, nothing how young she looked since her life changed for good.

"This is how to pay your tithes and not giving out money to those who already have a private jet, this young man changed the life of this old widow by giving her a new home. One thing touched me when I saw this post. Can you see how that old woman (may be your mother) will look young when you start talking care of her just observe the two pics and you will see the difference. May God bless you young man for such a charity work. I know some heartless people will ignore this but remember one day...

source : http://loveandgizt..com/2017/10/nigerian-man-says-people-should-do-this.html
Only the gullible ones and pastors will ignore this.

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by totorimi: 12:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
One pastor was calling my phone to ask me if I have stopped working because according to him he has not seen my monthly tithe as and when due.

I ran away for my dear life.

4 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Sermwell(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
makky555:

A blessing is naturally attached to giving.. No body is saying you shouldn't give to the orphanage but give to Caesar what is his and give to God what is His too... Period.

I'm not saying in righteous with my tithing but I don't joke with it when I have the slightest opportunity to give it
If blessing is naturally attached to giving, why should I pay tithe when I will still be blessed by my giving?? Please tell me!

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by arrestdarrester: 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Scatterscatter:
Wonderful gesture. However, giving your tithe doesn't stop you from doing good to others, both are mandatory.

There is nothing mandatory about tithe. Now shove Malachi 3:10 in my face

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
Just like Atiku is already a private jet owner and som youths who dnt even hav a car tyre like me are already considerin Votin him 2019 so he can acquire more Jets.......Swenseless youths

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by DonCandido(f): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
Revolutionary. Food for thought...

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by jibs4lv(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
Scatterscatter:
Wonderful gesture. However, giving your tithe doesn't stop you from doing good to others, both are mandatory.
another brainwashed spotted .......my question is who and how that tithe spent ,of cux to buy PJ for me I prefer to change some1s life for better then leave the rest for God.

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by slowice(m): 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
Helping people isn't same as paying tithes... Besides in today's world is a matter of conviction and not a law.. So pay your if you believe in the blessings that follows tithing if not it's fine but don't get it twisted n don't discourage other from tithing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by sinceraconcept(m): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
Scatterscatter:
you want make money finish? Nigerian Christians are so gullible and dumb. some even believe if they don't give tithe,something bad will happen to them

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by 50shadesofme: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2017
olaboo123:
Nigerian man says people should do this with their tithes "instead of giving out money to those who already have a private jets"

Nigerian Facebook user Donatus has advised Christians to channel their tithes into helping people in need, especially the elderly.

few weeks ago, one Chief Charles Nzechi built a new home for Mrs Onyemechi, Nwanmo, an old homeless widow in Abia State, who had been living in a dilapidated mud house for decades. Read here.

He shared photos of the old woman, nothing how young she looked since her life changed for good.

"This is how to pay your tithes and not giving out money to those who already have a private jet, this young man changed the life of this old widow by giving her a new home. One thing touched me when I saw this post. Can you see how that old woman (may be your mother) will look young when you start talking care of her just observe the two pics and you will see the difference. May God bless you young man for such a charity work. I know some heartless people will ignore this but remember one day...

source : http://loveandgizt..com/2017/10/nigerian-man-says-people-should-do-this.html

Now that deserves a haleluya. God shall bless him and the work of his hands in Jesus Name

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by arrestdarrester: 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
Benekruku:
The brainwashed will still go donate to there "Daddy G.O`s"

There is nothing wrong in 'giving' to honor people you hold in reverence. It is giving out of compulsion or fear that is wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Walelavender(m): 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
Tithe is one of your responsibilities as a Christian who understands the principles of giving. Now,you can't equate giving to the needy to tithing. Whether you like it or not,both means of giving are seeds.
A universal law talks about whatsoever you sow, you reap. The scriptures subscribe to this too.

If I fully have the understanding of why I need to give my tithes and the blessing thereof, I need no further gospel to tell me why I need not to-with obvious expression of the fulness of God's blessing and a relationship of trust. it's a belief system ! A strong one at that. The moment you see tithe as a scam,that means, there is a need for the restructuring of the mind (if in Christ grin)

Now the poor/needy will always be with us and we meet with them virtually everyday-even in churches! I won't be sensitive enough when I shy away from the pressing needs of people around me. God's love shown to us has generated a kind of love that spurs you to give! You can't love without giving! When I am opportuned to meet someone in need, I get excited , coz it is an avenue for me to show God's love.

Finally John 3:16 sums it up. God's love for us is everlasting. His Son, Jesus, was GIVEN to us, to redefine our lives, to live eternally. You only need to give your life to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by lyntiffany(f): 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
mccoy47:

Giving to the NEEDY is PAYING YOUR TITHE!

A private jet owner is not "needy"
Don't mind them they always forget that the Malachi all of them quote made it clear that they should do that so that they will be meat ( food ) in the house of God. I quote KJV Malachi 3
10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts".

3 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by mmsen: 1:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
winternationals:
ok Mr Lecturer, Mr Wiser than Bible and God combined together, God ask me to tell you that His ways are different from your own way , and Proverbs 21 vs 2 says Every way of a man is right in his own eyes

Moral relativism has been shown to be very dangerous.

That's how you end up with people who think that buying and raping a child is acceptable.

Or why some people thing it's ok to detonate explosives in crowded places.

Some things are clearly destructive and stupid - such as enriching religious charlatans while others suffer.

If all that money that is wasted on tithes were put to good use Nigeria would be in a much better place.

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nemma(m): 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
horia:
Tithe is not charity to God it's a command. What It's used for is not your business. Just obey and if what THEY do is wrong, judgment is God's business not yours undecided

Deut. 14: 22-29. Explains it better. (NIV)

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns, 29 so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2017
I will only take this offering nd tithe situation serious if I can go to church one day and my pastor intentionally decides not to take offering that day out of the lIke 3 days or mor in week sometimes sef morning nd evening session.
I mean they have no idea how my day or week went, if I have even had anytin to eat at all or how badly am in need. That was how one man of God preached that is it a wrong tin for u to ask, expect or beg ur pastor for money, that u should just come to them for prayers, the same person moved for pledges after his sermon that the holy spirit asked him to do xo.
I am not putting any one off. Infact I salute their annoiting+dedication+Discipline to get to that point in their spiritual life. But no body can use my head, I shud use mine as they should use theirs.

4 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by FarmTech(m): 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
Giving is quite different from paying ur tithe. U can give and still pay ur tithe. U can also give out part of ur tithe to the needy, but don't ignore the essential needs in your church. Some people attacking churches for collecting tithe might actually be antichrists that will like churches/religion to die completely. They know that if u remove finance the church will be crippled physically and so they try convincing people not to pay tithe. So my advice for true christians is this: pay ur tithe, support the good works ur church is doing, before u condemn ur church for robbing the poor, ask the leaders what ur church have done to help the poor. Don't just think up sth and conclude. If ur church have an evangelism program, support them with ur time and money. A lot of antichrists don't want to here about repentance, they will rather follow celebrities and continue to wallow in sexual immorality and they hate it if u try to correct them. Finally, if your church is worldly, find another church and continue to grow toward perfection.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Gift60(f): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2017
What d man did is called 'Charity Work'
Tithe is 1/10th of your income,and d bible says we should bring it into d 'Store House'(Church) so u have to pay tithe in d church where u worship cos alter matters alot .
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by FarmTech(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2017
mmsen:

Moral relativism has been shown to be very dangerous.

That's how you end up with people who think that buying and raping a child is acceptable.

Or why some people thing it's ok to detonate explosives in crowded places.

Some things are clearly destructive and stupid - such as enriching religious charlatans while others suffer.

If all that money that is wasted on tithes were put to good use Nigeria would be in a much better place.
U just teach me a new word I like: moral relativity. Thanks. Meanwhile, not all tithes are wasted. Some churches put their own to good use by using it to help the needy. My church even have scholarship program for members and welfare program for the needy.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by AlanSugar(m): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
Tosinex:
Unmhmm.. Its a good move. But haven't you heard of pay your self also, when you get your salary pay yourself, pay your tithe, pay the needies (widows and orphans), pay your family (parents and siblings), pay your wife, pay your children, infact pay your friends too that are in lack, one shouldn't be substituted for the other except its insufficient, you are not born by your self, so you shouldn't live for your self alone. Give what belongs to Ceaser to Ceaser and give what belongs to God to God.

Mr scripture interpreter, pls interpret for me. Does money belong to God re "give to Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser" ? If not, pray tell, why do pastors constantly demand money from their gullibles? In the Holly book, Jesus had asked a desciple which image the piece of silver he showed up was engraved on it and the desciple had answered "Ceasers", hence your quote. Pls tell me if you quoted out of context or if Christ was talking nonsense?

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Khaliyah(m): 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
mccoy47:

Giving to the NEEDY is PAYING YOUR TITHE!

A private jet owner is not "needy"
Sorry bro but do you pay tithe to a pastors personal acct or to the church u fellowship cus am confused?
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Josephamstrong1(m): 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
...Nice.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by delexy123: 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
dingbang:
whatever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.. Isn't the same Lord who said that?
Yes but he wasn't referring to tithe in that statement, rather he was talking about doing good to people as they are also God's image which is quite different. Stop twisting the Bible for your selfish interest.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Yoshy: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
9japrof:
the tithing arrangement done in the Old testament has ceased, it is no longer necessary.

anybody collecting tithing in this modern day is robbing you and more especially robbing God and would pay dearly in the last day for looting and deceit .

Pastors all over the world that collect tithes are rogues in church robes. QED

The fact is people don't understand what was said in the old testament, tithes are meant to be for you to eat and use in the house of God, the poor and the Levites (servants of God)

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by NigPatriot(m): 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
GrandMufti:
Even Jesus paid tithe

Matthew 17:24-27

Wrong understanding of the scriptures, that verse wasn't referring to Jesus paying tithe. That's tribute. More like your tax in Today's world.

3 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by nairanaira12: 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
winternationals:

my pastor need not my money, I pay to God and am fulfilled, I am experiencing open heaven, am experiencing abundant blessing

you do both together , giving to the needy and paying your title

not paying title is tantamount to stinginess

Ladies if your guy doesn't pay title run for your life

have come to discover that paying title simply portrait you as a disciplined person

So, the private jets, it is God that bought them and using them?

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by delexy123: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2017
AlanSugar:

Mr scripture interpreter, pls interpret for me. Does money belong to God re "give to Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser" ? If not, pray tell, why do pastors constantly demand money from their gullibles? In the Holly book, Jesus had asked a desciple which image the piece of silver he showed up was engraved on it and the desciple had answered "Ceasers", hence your quote. Pls tell me if you quoted out of context or if Christ was talking nonsense?
Oga, the last instance where Jesus made a statement regarding tithe was when he commended the widow for giving with all her heart and told others to do likewise. There is no instance in the Bible where giving of tithe stopped. Yes, giving to the poor is a good gesture but that should not be interchanged with giving of tithe. That there are false prophets and 419's every where doesn't change God's stance concerning tithe. Shalom.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by bejeria101(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
You are just a dullard! Who told you that its them i give it to? You sef get mouth to spew rubbish. These so call jet owners why couldnt they afford it in the 80,s and 90,s money no dey that time? Olodo!

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by imagrg(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
horia:
Tithe is not charity to God it's a command. What It's used for is not your business. Just obey and if what THEY do is wrong, judgment is God's business not yours undecided

Bob Nesta Marley once said in his song "Redemption Song", "emancipate yourself from mental slavery; none but yourself can free your mind".
You have been warned! The 1/10 harvest referred to in the Bible is meant to help the poor. It was made mandatory because people were refusing to give to the poor. Giving to the church nowadays, is giving to fraudulent pastors who set up churches to make money. You will realise that most churches today have gone commercial. They now establish schools and hospitals not meant for the poor.
Give your money to the beggars on the streets or to that poor neighbour that is not related or connected to you and God will bless you abundantly!
Forget the book of Malachi 3:8-10. That is the Bible reference used to brainwash you!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Never Skip These Before You Marry As A Christian / Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.