Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,622 members, 7,816,563 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (54581 Views)

Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" / "It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by SatsuinoHado: 2:32am On Oct 15, 2017
chiteny:

Just a question sir. If you have N10,000 as the only money you can "give out" having spent every other dime for family needs, would you rather give this sum as a tithe (being the on tenth of your income) or you would use it to rescue a poor dying neighbor (probably rushed to the hospital for emergency or does not have any food to eat)?
So on point bro! Mark 7:11-13 comes to mind. Without a doubt! God PREFERS it much more that we help folks in dire need with what one thinks He (God) requests of us.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by paabakp: 5:17am On Oct 15, 2017
The most popular chapter quoted for defense of compulsory tithing is mal 3. But can we all kindly start the studying of Malachi from chapter 2. U will discover that the people God was talking to was the levites, because it was there work to bring food to the store house. Also tithe is not money and can never be money, it is food, In the bible times silver was used as money and God instructed the levites to bring food to the store house (not silver or gold). The people only bring food to the gathering point chosen by a levite, it is the levites that carry food to the store house. In the bible times there where levites and priest, the levites (ordained by God, and a tribe of ishrael) collect from the tithe from the people and give to the priest that is in charge of the store house. My questions are:
Are pastors levites (ordained by God, and a tribe of ishrael) to collect tithe?
Is money a tithe offering? If yes kindly quote the verse that specify money as tithe
Did the apostles pay tithe?
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by mapist(m): 6:49am On Oct 15, 2017
olaboo123:
Nigerian man says people should do this with their tithes "instead of giving out money to those who already have a private jets"

Nigerian Facebook user Donatus has advised Christians to channel their tithes into helping people in need, especially the elderly.

few weeks ago, one Chief Charles Nzechi built a new home for Mrs Onyemechi, Nwanmo, an old homeless widow in Abia State, who had been living in a dilapidated mud house for decades. Read here.

He shared photos of the old woman, nothing how young she looked since her life changed for good.

"This is how to pay your tithes and not giving out money to those who already have a private jet, this young man changed the life of this old widow by giving her a new home. One thing touched me when I saw this post. Can you see how that old woman (may be your mother) will look young when you start talking care of her just observe the two pics and you will see the difference. May God bless you young man for such a charity work. I know some heartless people will ignore this but remember one day...

source : http://loveandgizt..com/2017/10/nigerian-man-says-people-should-do-this.html

Very commendable.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by mapist(m): 6:50am On Oct 15, 2017
mccoy47:
(Matthew 25:40 KJV) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
A statement by Jesus himself.

Feeding, clothing, sheltering and helping the poor/needy IS GIVING TO GOD! Which is paying your tithe!

Tiri gbosa for you,abeg.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by mapist(m): 6:51am On Oct 15, 2017
mccoy47:
(Matthew 25:40 KJV) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
A statement by Jesus himself.

Feeding, clothing, sheltering and helping the poor/needy IS GIVING TO GOD! Which is paying your tithe!

Tiri gbosa for you abeg.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by mapist(m): 6:52am On Oct 15, 2017
winternationals:
ok Mr Lecturer, Mr Wiser than Bible and God combined together, God ask me to tell you that His ways are different from your own way , and Proverbs 21 vs 2 says Every way of a man is right in his own eyes

Just as you think yours is right.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Hilaskee(m): 7:01am On Oct 15, 2017
What he did is highly commendable and ought to be emulated by all but this is not tithe.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 7:02am On Oct 15, 2017
jibs4lv:
another brainwashed spotted .......my question is who and how that tithe spent ,of cux to buy PJ for me I prefer to change some1s life for better then leave the rest for God.

Are you giving your tithe to your pastor or God? Moreover, how many lives have you changed since you've been born undecided
Another stingy and unrealistic fellow spotted
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 7:19am On Oct 15, 2017
mccoy47:

Giving to the NEEDY is PAYING YOUR TITHE!

A private jet owner is not "needy"

How many" needy" have you given too, how many people have you helped?
If only you know how many needy run to the church for help everyday, you be amazed.

Anyways, stop being a hypocrite, giving your 10% doesn't stop you from still helping people with the remaining 90%
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Topgainer: 8:14am On Oct 15, 2017
Hilaskee:
What he did is highly commendable and ought to be emulated by all but this is not tithe.
If he took the money he used for that building assuming it represented 10% of his monthly earnings, to a Church, registered and operated by a Gentile Bishop Daddy Papa, it is still not Tithe.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by mccoy47(m): 8:35am On Oct 15, 2017
Scatterscatter:

If only you know how many needy run to the church for help everyday, you be amazed.

Anyways, stop being a hypocrite, giving your 10% doesn't stop you from still helping people with the remaining 90%
Sheeplee spotted! Happy Sunday! cheesy
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by MEILYN(m): 9:41am On Oct 15, 2017
makky555:

Dude I'm neither... I'm sure the "comforter" you were referring to in your profile is telling you that pastors deserve to suffer...

Better erase that mentality from you mind
Ohhh, Pastors cannot work anymore? Where have you seen that the sheep take care of the shepherd? Are you blind or something? We are telling you that paying tithes to your pastor is a scam and you are still arguing.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Student125(m): 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
Permit me to say without proper research but based on sampled opinion.
That truly there are gullible people in all facet of life but the gathering with the highest gullible is the Christendom. Don't get me wrong, there are great thinkers there too.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by ERCROSS(m): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2017
Tosinex:
Unmhmm.. Its a good move. But haven't you heard of pay your self also, when you get your salary pay yourself, pay your tithe, pay the needies (widows and orphans), pay your family (parents and siblings), pay your wife, pay your children, infact pay your friends too that are in lack, one shouldn't be substituted for the other except its insufficient, you are not born by your self, so you shouldn't live for your self alone. Give what belongs to Ceaser to Ceaser and give what belongs to God to God.

Does God spends money
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by shurlermoz(m): 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
GrandMufti:
Even Jesus paid tithe

Matthew 17:24-27

That passage talks about tribute not thithe, they are quite different from each other.
Meanwhile, read up Deuteronomy 14:22-29 and share your opinion on the passage.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by shurlermoz(m): 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
Scatterscatter:

Please share the bible verse that expressly instruct us to pay tithe to pastors.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by 9japrof(m): 3:46pm On Oct 15, 2017
Eldee54321:
read d new testament also...Tithing is also there

gimme a quotation please, please note that contributions are different from tithing
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by deebrain(m): 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
Topgainer:

You must be a Pentecostal Pastor, for it to pain you like this.
How has the feelings been since more people are beginning to realize that there are no tithe laws extended to Christians and that tithe laws were not 10% of people's wages/salaries submitted weekly/monthly to you and your fellow tithe crusaders?

You must be a compound idiot for your assumptions.

I'm anti religious. And even we love to pay tithe -and even understand the benefits more than you rogues.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by deebrain(m): 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
akeensbussy:

look at this...why would u give money to a pastor because u believe in his message? does pastors have message of his own...is this not the same bible he is preaching from. why should I give him money for telling me that God loves me, that I should accept Christ...what has he done that will warrant giving him money. for what purpose?

I still can't wrap my head up with this giving pastor money for believing in his message.. The word of God is yeah and Amen...What is special in what the pastor is doing...besides, who made him pastor? just came out from thin air and said he is a pastor and you believed him and give him money for telling you what is in your bible. I don't get this.

is Christianity a one man show...You only give pastor only....what about choir, ushers, Deacons, instrumentalist. and other vital people in the church who are also ministers.

it is now obvious....

Truly, Religion is a scam...

Don't only wrap your head. break it instead.

I'm anti religious. But I do pay tithe to pastors that their messages bless me.

And I always get remarkable blessing practically for it, financially.

I don't do all these your Bible arguments of stupidity. Obedience to what your Bible told you, I think you Christians should start learning it.

Shior.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by akeensbussy(m): 8:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
deebrain:

And I always get remarkable blessing practically for it, financially.

I don't do all these your Bible arguments of stupidity. Obedience to what your Bible told you, I think you Christians should start learning it.

Shior.

Lol..how many of the instructions have u obeyed, including the pastor?

God will open your understanding...
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by akeensbussy(m): 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
deebrain:

I'm anti religious. And even we love to pay tithe -and even understand the benefits more than you rogues.

Stop the lies...you are not anti religion. you are beneficiary of it. You just founded a church and you are looking forward to buying your own jet and build mansion using the bible to scan the gullible..

No problem...I know it all about hustling. but always remember the consequence of your actions. Enjoy your loot while it last.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Topgainer: 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
deebrain:

Surely, You are a Pastor. No group is pained so much like those who felt threatened by the truth on Jewish Tithe laws, than the very few who have been living large and in stupendous wealth at the expense of a larger Christian population. Can you name the Levite you paid the Tithe to and the tribe in Israel you belong to ?

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Topgainer: 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
deebrain:

And I always get remarkable blessing practically for it, financially. I don't do all these your Bible arguments of stupidity. Obedience to what your Bible told you, I think you Christians should start learning it.
Shior.
You are in dire need of the most important blessings- salvation. When you get it, you shall know the value of the Pearl compared to the illusion of the money doubling scheme you promote for Christians. Besides, you have NEVER paid tithe, because 10% of your little salary and wages given before/to a Gentile Pastor is not Tithe.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by deebrain(m): 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
akeensbussy:

Lol..how many of the instructions have u obeyed, including the pastor?

God will open your understanding...

Yawns
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by deebrain(m): 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2017
Topgainer:

You are in dire need of the most important blessings- salvation. When you get it, you shall know the value of the Pearl compared to the illusion of the money doubling scheme you promote for Christians. Besides, you have NEVER paid tithe, because 10% of your little salary and wages given before/to a Gentile Pastor is not Tithe.

Let me care about that.....

Next....
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by deebrain(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2017
Topgainer:

Surely, You are a Pastor. No group is pained so much like those who felt threatened by the truth on Jewish Tithe laws, than the very few who have been living large and in stupendous wealth at the expense of a larger Christian population. Can you name the Levite you paid the Tithe to and the tribe in Israel you belong to ?

Looool at the being a pastor ..... Historian.

Won't join issues with any of you silly lot, saved ones.

Kill yourself.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by deebrain(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2017
akeensbussy:

Stop the lies...you are not anti religion. you are beneficiary of it. You just founded a church and you are looking forward to buying your own jet and build mansion using the bible to scan the gullible..

No problem...I know it all about hustling. but always remember the consequence of your actions. Enjoy your loot while it last.

You guys are funny.

If you believe in Satan, at least, a fraction of your income goes to him -He does not eat money, so as it where, someone that gives you revelation about him. For his upkeep. So called unbelievers seem to know how to honour clerics than you people do.

You Christians, for where?

Don't bore me.

You can use the lagoon tonight abeg..
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by chiteny(m): 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
chiteny:

Just a question sir. If you have N10,000 as the only money you can "give out" having spent every other dime for family needs, would you rather give this sum as a tithe (being the on tenth of your income) or you would use it to rescue a poor dying neighbor (probably rushed to the hospital for emergency or does not have any food to eat)?

Still waiting for answers. Probably a tithing sympathizer could answer.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
shurlermoz:

Please share the bible verse that expressly instruct us to pay tithe to pastors.

You pay your tithe to God in the church where you worship and being blessed. Stop finding excuses for being stingy and greedy
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Ovamboland(m): 10:56pm On Oct 15, 2017
bejeria101:
You are just a dullard! Who told you that its them i give it to? You sef get mouth to spew rubbish. These so call jet owners why couldnt they afford it in the 80,s and 90,s money no dey that time? Olodo!

They were mostly just starting out then, most church founders were more humble and responsible then and the hardship in Nigeria was not this bad that Christians completely lost their sense of reason and purpose as we have today.

Despite the explosion in church attendance today, our civil service and private enterprise many manned by Christians are actually worse off in moral standards. Many Christians think it's wisdom to partake in foul acquisition of wealth and give the testimony as favour in church next Sunday. They may give the excuse that we are so few in government to make an impact, but we are supposed to be salt of the earth, how much salt do you add to your food or soup to completely chnage the taste? With few numbers standing for what is right will straighten everybody up.

Imagine if the Christian banker refused to transfer illegal monies even at the pain of loosing his share, the job or even life? that will stop many looters in their track. Imagine the Christian civil servant ensuring that the public got their documents as at when due at no extra cost that standard? Life will move faster. One deaconess is sitting on my land registration unless i pay 1.5 million bribe, i don't want to go that way even though i have the money, the land is big and for farming purposes, the lives that would have been helped remain on hold for 1 year as we can't start off. I am sure some Christian reading this would be thinking you fool, pay the money and move on with your business.
the Deaconess will probably pay tithe and give testimony how she's been blessed at work in awesome ways if i pay the money.

There was less of the above then so no money was available to buy expensive cars and jets. I know because my parents were civil servants who followed the rules and were afraid to do business because the rules of employment forbade it. Those who breached it are living in enjoyment while those who complied are dying on pension queue.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by shurlermoz(m): 12:01am On Oct 16, 2017
Scatterscatter:

You pay your tithe to God in the church where you worship and being blessed. Stop finding excuses for being stingy and greedy

That's how you fail exams, the question was very clear but you chose to write stories. Read up Deuteronomy 14:22 till the end.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Charlesberry(m): 12:23am On Oct 16, 2017
Topgainer:

Instead of talking this way, you should busy yourself with research on Tithe Laws and Command to Christians. Find new Bible passages that can be twisted to mean that 10% of Christian monthly pay must be submitted to Papa Daddy. Better still make plans for a new Bible version that should include your ideas on how to extract money from believers because Mal 3:7-10 is no longer working, since more people are realizing the truth about these Jewish Laws.

Which one is new bible? So there's old bible?
See if you're not comfortable with the tithe stuff then stop paying it and allow others paying to pay na. Biko! Abi the tithe money ehn, na your money? Why border about me paying my tithe. Don't pay if you think otherwise
#peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Never Skip These Before You Marry As A Christian / Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.