Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (54555 Views)

Daddy Freeze Criticizes RCCG On Tithe Banner "Don't Be A Robber! Pay Your Tithe" / "It Pays To Pay Your Tithe" - D'banj Stands With The "Sheeple" / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by GrandMufti: 11:51am On Oct 14, 2017
dingbang:
whatever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me.. Isn't the same Lord who said that?

You don't pay tithe to Jesus

Matthew 17:24-27

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Gwan2(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2017
Lemme leave what I wana type consigning tithe opponents for front page next time
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Benekruku(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2017
The brainwashed will still go donate to there "Daddy G.O`s"

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 14, 2017
Copied.

Tithing is a concept that has created great controversy inside and outside the church. Some people feel like tithing is a slick way for pastors and ministers to get rich. Others feel like tithing is a problem because they don't know what their church is doing with the money. However, both arguments are false. Tithing has nothing to do with your pastor or your church... tithing is between you and God. Tithing is a way for us to show God that we believe and trust in him. If you believe that your church is not spending the tithe correctly; then you are at the wrong church. If you think that your pastor is abusing his position with the tithe; then you are at the wrong church. I would not worship or give my tithes and offerings at a church where I felt that everyone was crooked. Also, every man of God who is not a good steward with God's provision will answer too God. If your pastor or church is abusing God's money; they will answer to God Almighty.

Abraham was the first account in the Bible of tithing that we have seen. Abraham met with Melchizedek, king of Salem and priest of the most-high God, after returning from the slaughter of the kings and they had communion. Melchizedek blessed Abraham; and Abraham paid him tithes of all. (Genesis 14:18-20) Abraham paid him tithes of all because he loved God and was grateful that he delivered him and his nephew Lot out of the hands of their enemies. This was before the Law of Moses. This is our first glimpse that tithing is about gratitude, faith, and love. The next account of tithing that we see was when Jacob, Abraham's grandson, made a covenant with God and said, "IF you protect me, bless me, and bring me back to my father's house in peace... you will be my God and I will pay you tithes of all."(Genesis 28:20-22) Jacob made a covenant with God to protect him and prosper him; In return for God's provision and protection... he would pay him tithes of all that he made. For those of you with ears to hear and eyes to see; Tithing is a covenant between you and God.

Observe: "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts." Notice what God said, he wants us to bring him our tithes and offerings into his storehouse, and he will bless us and open the windows of heaven and pour us out a blessing that we will not have room enough to receive. A covenant is a written agreement or promise usually under seal between two or more parties especially for the performance of some action (Mirriam-Webster). This sounds like a covenant to me. Look at the next verse when he said, "I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes."

This means he will keep different things from happening to your property. For example, he may protect you from making a bad stock investment and losing everything... or being taken advantage of by a crooked car salesman who is trying to sell you a lemon. He will also keep you from bearing fruit before time. For example, if you come into a lot of money and you don't have the wisdom to invest it properly; you will lose it all. He will allow you to get the blessings once you have the wisdom to manage it. Remember, a fool and his money will soon part. I don't know about you but I am glad that God is protecting my investments and property. Now look at the truth behind what you are doing if you don't pay your tithes and offerings.

Malachi 3:8 says, "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation." When you don't pay your tithes and offerings... you are robbing God. God gives us everything that we have and he asks us to pay him ten percent. If God is giving you 90% of his goods... do you steal the other 10. I certainly hope not! The tithe means a tenth. God said in Leviticus 27:32 "And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD." That's right, God only ask for ten percent. If you make $100.00; just move the decimal over one place to the left and you have the tithe. If you move the decimal point over one place to the left... you have $10.00. That is your tithe for that period. Also, God says that you are cursed with a curse. This is a result of you not giving your tithes and offerings to God. Even though this is true, God does not want us to give grudgingly or out of necessity; "For God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Corinthians 9:7) Remember the rich man who wanted to build new barns to keep all his fruits and goods in?

This is what happened; "And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." (Luke 12:16-21) See when you pay tithes and offerings, to help the kingdom of God, God creates a heavenly account for you. That's right; he makes fruit abound to your account.

Look at what Paul says to the Philippians, "Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account." (Philippians 4:15-17) Paul was letting the Philippians know that their church was the only church that operated with this type of love and faith. Paul also let them know that God was making note of their faithfulness and that he was going to bless them for it. Think of the story of the rich man according to money and a bank account. See most of us are not farmers so we may not fully understand this parable but if you compare it to having money and opening more bank accounts to store it all; you will understand. God doesn't just store up wealth for us but he stores up all kinds of precious promises and blessings. This is a spiritual account. "Although, make sure you do your charitable deeds in secret and your Father who sees you in secret; will reward you openly." (Matthew 6:2-4)

Look at what David did, "Then David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly: "O LORD, the God of our ancestor Israel, may you be praised forever and ever! Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. Riches and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and it is at your discretion that people are made great and given strength. O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! But who am I, and who are my people, that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give you only what you have already given us! We are here for only a moment, visitors and strangers in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a shadow, gone so soon without a trace. O LORD our God, even these materials that we have gathered to build a Temple to honor your holy name come from you! It all belongs to you! I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there. You know I have done all this with good motives, and I have watched your people offer their gifts willingly and joyously." (1 Chronicles 29:10-17)

Lastly, lets take a look at giving and tithing at its best. Look at Luke 21:1-4, "And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury. And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had." Jesus allows us to see that giving and tithing has nothing to do with how much it is. It has to do with your heart motive. Jesus said that the poor widow gave more than them all because she gave out of poverty in faith. Faith pleases God. It is impossible to please God without faith. "For whatsoever is not of faith is sin." (Romans 14:23b) The poor widow gave out of faith and love. See it is easy to give out of abundance but it takes faith to give out of lack. Imagine if you had only $100.00 left to your name and God told you to bless someone with it; Would you be able to do it? If you have faith in God you will, but if you don't love God or trust him; you will not. Tithing and giving has nothing to do with anyone but you and God. Just like Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek, king of Salem and priest of the most-high God... we must pay our tithes to the King of kings and Priest forever; the Lord Jesus Christ. I challenge you to give God your tithes and offerings in faith. If you do, he will bless you beyond measure. Please try it out and write us and let us know how the Lord Jesus Christ blessed you!!!!!

Article from "Faith Talk Blog," written by the Lover of Words...

4 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by nairanaira12: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2017
winternationals:
ok Mr Lecturer, Mr Wiser than Bible and God combined together, God ask me to tell you that His ways are different from your own way , and Proverbs 21 vs 2 says Every way of a man is right in his own eyes

Between your pastor with several private jets and that old woman with no home, who do you think need your money more?

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Karleb(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2017
This message is for tithe payers. As for me, I gave up on tithing a long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by arigold1304(m): 11:55am On Oct 14, 2017
90% of the congregation pays tithe to a pastor, to himself not for church project..... Why can't they build mansion, and buy jets in the name of their family member.... Church is business because they hardly help the poor...

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Zeydah(m): 11:55am On Oct 14, 2017
Tosinex:
Unmhmm.. Its a good move. But haven't you heard of pay your self also, when you get your salary pay yourself, pay your tithe, pay the needies (widows and orphans), pay your family (parents and siblings), pay your wife, pay your children, infact pay your friends too that are in lack, one shouldn't be substituted for the other except its insufficient, you are not born by your self, so you shouldn't live for your self alone. Give what belongs to Ceaser to Ceaser and give what belongs to God to God.
what belongs to God is what that man has already did...stop enriching your pastors...they are rich through your own hardwork...and they'll just be there brainwashing you #smh

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 11:55am On Oct 14, 2017
he should have use the money to give her food, the widow is near to her grave.. the gesture is not necessary... well better than enriching jet owners
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by ugo147: 11:58am On Oct 14, 2017
Why are people so against tithe.......are u giving it to man or God.......cause u feel its a man that will spend it u have gotten your reward.......whatever the pastor does to it is between God and him...........when judgement day comes he will account for it........it is foolishness to expect man to open heaven for you............
Christianity is a one man race if you don't want to obey keep it to yourself when you die only you will know whether you were wise or NOT

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Zeydah(m): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2017
Gbadegesin19:
Copied.

Tithing is a concept that has created great controversy inside and outside the church. Some people feel like tithing is a slick way for pastors and ministers to get rich. Others feel like tithing is a problem because they don't know what their church is doing with the money. However, both arguments are false. Tithing has nothing to do with your pastor or your church... tithing is between you and God. Tithing is a way for us to show God that we believe and trust in him. If you believe that your church is not spending the tithe correctly; then you are at the wrong church. If you think that your pastor is abusing his position with the tithe; then you are at the wrong church. I would not worship or give my tithes and offerings at a church where I felt that everyone was crooked. Also, every man of God who is not a good steward with God's provision will answer too God. If your pastor or church is abusing God's money; they will answer to God Almighty.

Abraham was the first account in the Bible of tithing that we have seen. Abraham met with Melchizedek, king of Salem and priest of the most-high God, after returning from the slaughter of the kings and they had communion. Melchizedek blessed Abraham; and Abraham paid him tithes of all. (Genesis 14:18-20) Abraham paid him tithes of all because he loved God and was grateful that he delivered him and his nephew Lot out of the hands of their enemies. This was before the Law of Moses. This is our first glimpse that tithing is about gratitude, faith, and love. The next account of tithing that we see was when Jacob, Abraham's grandson, made a covenant with God and said, "IF you protect me, bless me, and bring me back to my father's house in peace... you will be my God and I will pay you tithes of all."(Genesis 28:20-22) Jacob made a covenant with God to protect him and prosper him; In return for God's provision and protection... he would pay him tithes of all that he made. For those of you with ears to hear and eyes to see; Tithing is a covenant between you and God.

Observe: "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts." Notice what God said, he wants us to bring him our tithes and offerings into his storehouse, and he will bless us and open the windows of heaven and pour us out a blessing that we will not have room enough to receive. A covenant is a written agreement or promise usually under seal between two or more parties especially for the performance of some action (Mirriam-Webster). This sounds like a covenant to me. Look at the next verse when he said, "I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes."

This means he will keep different things from happening to your property. For example, he may protect you from making a bad stock investment and losing everything... or being taken advantage of by a crooked car salesman who is trying to sell you a lemon. He will also keep you from bearing fruit before time. For example, if you come into a lot of money and you don't have the wisdom to invest it properly; you will lose it all. He will allow you to get the blessings once you have the wisdom to manage it. Remember, a fool and his money will soon part. I don't know about you but I am glad that God is protecting my investments and property. Now look at the truth behind what you are doing if you don't pay your tithes and offerings.

Malachi 3:8 says, "Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation." When you don't pay your tithes and offerings... you are robbing God. God gives us everything that we have and he asks us to pay him ten percent. If God is giving you 90% of his goods... do you steal the other 10. I certainly hope not! The tithe means a tenth. God said in Leviticus 27:32 "And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD." That's right, God only ask for ten percent. If you make $100.00; just move the decimal over one place to the left and you have the tithe. If you move the decimal point over one place to the left... you have $10.00. That is your tithe for that period. Also, God says that you are cursed with a curse. This is a result of you not giving your tithes and offerings to God. Even though this is true, God does not want us to give grudgingly or out of necessity; "For God loves a cheerful giver." (2 Corinthians 9:7) Remember the rich man who wanted to build new barns to keep all his fruits and goods in?

This is what happened; "And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God." (Luke 12:16-21) See when you pay tithes and offerings, to help the kingdom of God, God creates a heavenly account for you. That's right; he makes fruit abound to your account.

Look at what Paul says to the Philippians, "Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account." (Philippians 4:15-17) Paul was letting the Philippians know that their church was the only church that operated with this type of love and faith. Paul also let them know that God was making note of their faithfulness and that he was going to bless them for it. Think of the story of the rich man according to money and a bank account. See most of us are not farmers so we may not fully understand this parable but if you compare it to having money and opening more bank accounts to store it all; you will understand. God doesn't just store up wealth for us but he stores up all kinds of precious promises and blessings. This is a spiritual account. "Although, make sure you do your charitable deeds in secret and your Father who sees you in secret; will reward you openly." (Matthew 6:2-4)

Look at what David did, "Then David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly: "O LORD, the God of our ancestor Israel, may you be praised forever and ever! Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. Riches and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and it is at your discretion that people are made great and given strength. O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! But who am I, and who are my people, that we could give anything to you? Everything we have has come from you, and we give you only what you have already given us! We are here for only a moment, visitors and strangers in the land as our ancestors were before us. Our days on earth are like a shadow, gone so soon without a trace. O LORD our God, even these materials that we have gathered to build a Temple to honor your holy name come from you! It all belongs to you! I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there. You know I have done all this with good motives, and I have watched your people offer their gifts willingly and joyously." (1 Chronicles 29:10-17)

Lastly, lets take a look at giving and tithing at its best. Look at Luke 21:1-4, "And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury. And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites. And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had." Jesus allows us to see that giving and tithing has nothing to do with how much it is. It has to do with your heart motive. Jesus said that the poor widow gave more than them all because she gave out of poverty in faith. Faith pleases God. It is impossible to please God without faith. "For whatsoever is not of faith is sin." (Romans 14:23b) The poor widow gave out of faith and love. See it is easy to give out of abundance but it takes faith to give out of lack. Imagine if you had only $100.00 left to your name and God told you to bless someone with it; Would you be able to do it? If you have faith in God you will, but if you don't love God or trust him; you will not. Tithing and giving has nothing to do with anyone but you and God. Just like Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek, king of Salem and priest of the most-high God... we must pay our tithes to the King of kings and Priest forever; the Lord Jesus Christ. I challenge you to give God your tithes and offerings in faith. If you do, he will bless you beyond measure. Please try it out and write us and let us know how the Lord Jesus Christ blessed you!!!!!

nice try...go and tithe it to poor people that is between you and God Mr man

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by cosby02(m): 11:59am On Oct 14, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:
Good gesture.

May the good Lord Bless you abundantly.
Amen
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by horia: 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
mccoy47:
(Matthew 25:40 KJV) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
A statement by Jesus himself.

Feeding, clothing, sheltering and helping the poor/needy IS GIVING TO GOD! Which is paying your tithe!
Tithe is not charity to God it's a command. What It's used for is not your business. Just obey and if what THEY do is wrong, judgment is God's business not yours undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by YelloweWest: 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2017
mccoy47:
(Matthew 25:40 KJV) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Feeding, clothing, sheltering and helping the poor/needy IS GIVING TO GOD! Which is paying your tithe!
Very true. But I pay tithe to support my church by spreading the gospel
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by winternationals(m): 12:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
nairanaira12:

Between your pastor with several private jets and that old woman with no home, who do you think need your money more?

my pastor need not my money, I pay to God and am fulfilled, I am experiencing open heaven, am experiencing abundant blessing

you do both together , giving to the needy and paying your title

not paying title is tantamount to stinginess

Ladies if your guy doesn't pay title run for your life

have come to discover that paying title simply portrait you as a disciplined person
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by mccoy47(m): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
horia:
Tithe is not charity to God it's a command. What It's used for is not your business. Just obey and if what THEY do is wrong, judgment is God's business not yours undecided

(Matthew 25:41 KJV) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
(Matthew 25:42 KJV) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

If charity wasn't a commandment den, why are dey being purnished? undecided

Stop being a sheeplee and read the bible yourself!
Don't let any con man interpret the bible in the best way that suits him!

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
mccoy47:

... The best comment so far, God bless you my broda

2 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Gmart22: 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2017
study your bible..i don't mean you should read it.
winternationals:
ok Mr Lecturer, Mr Wiser than Bible and God combined together, God ask me to tell you that His ways are different from your own way , and Proverbs 21 vs 2 says Every way of a man is right in his own eyes

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
Tosinex:
Unmhmm.. Its a good move. But haven't you heard of pay your self also, when you get your salary pay yourself, pay your tithe, pay the needies (widows and orphans), pay your family (parents and siblings), pay your wife, pay your children, infact pay your friends too that are in lack, one shouldn't be substituted for the other except its insufficient, you are not born by your self, so you shouldn't live for your self alone. Give what belongs to Ceaser to Ceaser and give what belongs to God to God.
I did not see "pay your tax" no wonder Nigeria is rotting away in infrastructure. No be only tithe na talkum.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Iamzik: 12:11pm On Oct 14, 2017
Gbadegesin19:
Copied.

Bros this your epistle is too long....

Few questions for you:

Was Abraham's paying tithe every month to Melchizedek perpetually after that first encounter?

Why did Jacob ask God to bless him first before he gives ten percent? Wasn't that more like a vow? Did he continue giving tithe monthly till he died?

Where in the account of the early disciples and 12 apostles was tithe commanded or received? They shared all things In common.

Why the double standard. You tell a business owner to remove his expenses and tithe only the profit while you tell the salary earner to pay 10% on his gross monthly earning (before tax) in some instances?

why do pastors turn a blind eye to all other Old Testament guideline on tithing except mal 8 .Tithe is mentioned in Deuteronomy, numbers etc but those don't seem to matter. Why?

Finally The reason for tithing In mal 8 is that there may be meat in the house of God. Why has the church changed the priority from meeting the need of people in the local churches to remitting money to one hq for building mighty cathedrals and buying expensive cars when members are struggling?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Mpanyi: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
Please allow people to decide for themselves. Don't make yourself enemy of God because of attitudes of some wolves in sheep clothing in the name of pastors. In my church, tithe is never emphasized but you can give if you want.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Desyner: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
olaboo123:
Nigerian man says people should do this with their tithes "instead of giving out money to those who already have a private jets"

Nigerian Facebook user Donatus has advised Christians to channel their tithes into helping people in need, especially the elderly.

few weeks ago, one Chief Charles Nzechi built a new home for Mrs Onyemechi, Nwanmo, an old homeless widow in Abia State, who had been living in a dilapidated mud house for decades. Read here.

He shared photos of the old woman, nothing how young she looked since her life changed for good.

"This is how to pay your tithes and not giving out money to those who already have a private jet, this young man changed the life of this old widow by giving her a new home. One thing touched me when I saw this post. Can you see how that old woman (may be your mother) will look young when you start talking care of her just observe the two pics and you will see the difference. May God bless you young man for such a charity work. I know some heartless people will ignore this but remember one day...

source : http://loveandgizt..com/2017/10/nigerian-man-says-people-should-do-this.html
The man is confused.
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by relevanteism(m): 12:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
How much go come remain for the salary?
Tosinex:
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
I know some will find it funny, but since I started giving to an orphanage my life has improved for good both financially and otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by makky555(f): 12:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
Metcheeeeeeeew the men is stupid.... Is he trying to tell us that he used 10% of his income to build that house

Lemme get my whistle I'm coming for you
angry

olaboo123:
Nigerian man says people should do this with their tithes "instead of giving out money to those who already have a private jets"

Nigerian Facebook user Donatus has advised Christians to channel their tithes into helping people in need, especially the elderly.

few weeks ago, one Chief Charles Nzechi built a new home for Mrs Onyemechi, Nwanmo, an old homeless widow in Abia State, who had been living in a dilapidated mud house for decades. Read here.

He shared photos of the old woman, nothing how young she looked since her life changed for good.

"This is how to pay your tithes and not giving out money to those who already have a private jet, this young man changed the life of this old widow by giving her a new home. One thing touched me when I saw this post. Can you see how that old woman (may be your mother) will look young when you start talking care of her just observe the two pics and you will see the difference. May God bless you young man for such a charity work. I know some heartless people will ignore this but remember one day...

source : http://loveandgizt..com/2017/10/nigerian-man-says-people-should-do-this.html
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Ceede: 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
tellwisdom:
I hope he wont go back and rent the house to the woman sad
grin
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by makky555(f): 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
radiokilla:
I know some will find it funny, but since I started giving to an orphanage my life has improved for good both financially and otherwise.

A blessing is naturally attached to giving.. No body is saying you shouldn't give to the orphanage but give to Caesar what is his and give to God what is His too... Period.

I'm not saying in righteous with my tithing but I don't joke with it when I have the slightest opportunity to give it
Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by jojo17(f): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
Iamzik:

Bros this your epistle is too long....

Few questions for you:

Was Abraham's paying tithe every month to Melchizedek perpetually after that first encounter?

Why did Jacob ask God to bless him first before he gives ten percent? Wasn't that more like a vow? Did he continue giving tithe monthly till he died?

Where in the account of the early disciples and 12 apostles was tithe commanded or received? They shared all things In common.

Why the double standard. You tell a business owner to remove his expenses and tithe only the profit while you tell the salary earner to pay 10% on his gross monthly earning (before tax) in some instances?

why do pastors turn a blind eye to all other Old Testament guideline on tithing except mal 8 .Tithe is mentioned in Deuteronomy, numbers etc but those don't seem to matter. Why?

Finally The reason for tithing In mal 8 is that there may be meat in the house of God. Why has the church changed the priority from meeting the need of people in the local churches to remitting money to one hq for building mighty cathedrals and buying expensive cars when members are struggling?
insightful.

1 Like

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Topgainer: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2017
horia:
It is a command to the Jews and the procedure is clearly spelt out. It is brought to the Temple once in 3 years and taken from the Jews every farming year and there is a free year - Jubilee. There must be a Levite who takes it to the temple every 3 years. The Jews don't take it to the Temple themselves but take it to the collection points from where the Levites take the other procedures.
Thoroughly brainwashed, can you go to the Bible and show where the command to pay money tithes was given to CHRISTIANS. Read your Bible yourself allowing, a man read it for you results in the ignorance you just displayed with your assumption that 10% money submitted weekly and monthly to your Gentile Papa Daddy is Tithe.

4 Likes

Re: Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) by Awoofawo(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2017
Much more better.........at least got value for the money spent.................. Papa God himself go approve this one bro! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy but no let your left hand know wetin the right one dey do.... keep your reward balance status with Olorun loke cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman On His Way To DSS Headquarters In Abuja (Photos) / Never Skip These Before You Marry As A Christian / MBA Victims Ask Oyakhilome To Return ₦1 Billion Donated By Maxwell Odum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.