Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,972 members, 7,956,629 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:54 PM

Overcoming Youthful Sexual Lust - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Overcoming Youthful Sexual Lust (1210 Views)

Spell of Sexual Lust - My Experience / Sex Slave | New Video Drop From The Transformas �� Sexual Lust Is The Major We / The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overcoming Youthful Sexual Lust by FaithfulServant(m): 5:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Just as the word of God has admonished us to flee from all youthful lust (2 Timothy 2:22) that can drag us into the sin of fornication and adultery which is against the commandment of God (Exodus 20:14) and a sin against our own body (1 Corinthians 6:18).

2 Timothy 2:22 KJV: “Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”

In recent times, lust has plagued not only the youth, but the children and elderly also and it’s a menace that is still eating deep into the society. I myself faced diverse youthful lust and the temptation to sin (Titus 3:3, Romans 3:23), but through Jesus and by His grace I overcame (Ephesians 2:8; 1 Peter 1:14).

With the increase in the inappropriate things the eye can see around us like indecent dressing (1 Timothy 2:9), inappropriate videos and pictures on various media outlet, sexual lust seems to be going out of control, but with God, it can be avoided and overcome.

To overcome sexual lust, first accept Jesus who came to save us from all works of Satan that can destroy us (John 3:17) and wash us from all unrighteousness and uncleanness which sexual lust may have done to our body and heart (Ephesians 5:3; Ezekiel 36:26). Studying the word of God and praying always will also help in subduing the flesh (Galatians 5:16; 1 Corinthians 9:27), but I will deliberate more on the eye-control technique.

The eye control technique was taught by Jesus Christ in Matthew 5:28:“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart”.

The verse makes us understand that we can sin by what we look and thus affect the heart, which affects the whole body thereafter. We may look coincidentally the first time, but the danger point is looking twice which can make us be looking till the eyes refuse to go off it completely (1 John 2:16).

The Lord Jesus has made us to understand that the light of the body is the eye (Matthew 6:22). Just like the mouth, whatever you take in through the eye affects the whole body (Luke 11:34). The eyes need proper care if we are to overcome sexual lust. Proper care has to be taken on what we look either online or offline.

When you come across a picture or video which you consider and know is inappropriate, don’t look twice and take your eyes off it. Practice they say makes perfect and when you practice this for some time consistently, in due time, it will become part of you and then after, the lust and sexual urge will be reduced to it barest minimum.

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2017/11/overcoming-youthful-sexual-lust.html?m=1

Re: Overcoming Youthful Sexual Lust by myboy2010(m): 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
g
Re: Overcoming Youthful Sexual Lust by Adaumunocha(f): 5:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
God's grace and determination.
Re: Overcoming Youthful Sexual Lust by FaithfulServant(m): 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
Adaumunocha:
God's grace and determination.
yeah, that's right

(1) (Reply)

Mention A Lady Who Needs This? / Mature Advise From Experienced People Needed / When Your Fiancee Is A Football Fan Pre-wedding Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.