Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance (11874 Views)

Cheating In A Relationship Is Youthful Exuberance; Blame No Party! / Must Read: Dangers Of Sleeping With A Married Woman / Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
It's disheartening to note that youthful exuberance supercedes rational thinking amongst growing youths. It is an obstacle hindering the development and productiveness of growing youths.

Youthful means an early period of existence which i'll classify as between 15 to 25 years of age. Exuberance is the uncontrolled search for great excitement and happiness. Therefore, youthful exuberance is the uncontrolled quest by youths to seek things that will stir up their liveliness in order not to remain still or bored.

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by babyfaceafrica: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hmmm
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2017
There are different causes of youthful exuberance. They include: peer pressure, poor parenting, the quest for ''civilization,'' obscene media messages amongst other things. It's sad to note that the aforementioned causative factors have led to different dangers to the individual involved and the society at large.

Some youths tend to be easily moved by what they see their friends do. In a quest to meet up to their standard/lifestyle, turn to either armed robbery, fraud, truancy or prostitution. parents are failing in their primary task of moulding their wards in the right path. They are too busy attending to work to pay close attention. The media (print, mass and online) has also joined in exacerbating the situation. Youths are too eager to key into what they see on T.V. They now become drug addicts, sex maniacs, become carefree, punt, take to crime, lose cultural values and so on. These influences have left dire consequences of either death or health implication (i'm a victim).
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by mikejj(m): 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
grin rod is for the back of those that is void of understanding
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2017
in conclusion, i'll profer some solutions. Parents should stop using the excuse of trying to meet up with the economic difficulties of the time as a yardstick to neglect their duties. The government should streamline what goes into the media and introduce punitive measures in order to sanitize the society. Finally, we should apply moderation in what ever we do. Before we do certain obnoxious things, we should think introspectively if it would be beneficial to all concerned (you, your family and the society). Whatever we do today can either make or mar us in the future.

I hope the MODs find this useful. Cc... Lalasticlala ishilove dominique farano

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Hmmm
sober reflection I guess?
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2017
mikejj:
grin rod is for the back of those that is void of understanding
hmm... You seem to know somethiing I don't

Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by mikejj(m): 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2017
frustratedrat:
hmm... You seem to know somethiing I don't
what is it bro
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2017
mikejj:
what is it bro
i said that because i don't understand Your previous comment
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
I agree with the points raised..

Peer pressure is the major prob..
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 17, 2017
LogoDWhiz:

well... It depends. Mine was the media kind of
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:23am On Dec 17, 2017
frustratedrat:
well... It depends. Mine was the media kind of
Okay bro. Hope ynu are better now?
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
LogoDWhiz:
Okay bro. Hope ynu are better now?
situation is static, exasperating and pesky. All the same, i'm grateful to still be alive smiley
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2017
frustratedrat:
situation is static, exasperating and pesky. All the same, i'm grateful to still be alive smiley

That's positive.

It will get better!
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
LogoDWhiz:

Peer pressure is only for the weak minded, I have never succumb to it especially if its not good.
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
Rolex67:
Peer pressure is only for the weak minded, I have never succumb to it especially if its not good.

At times even the strong succumb. The main thing is that, do you let it weigh you down for long or you shrug it off as they come.

You can't tell me you don't have things you wish you can have, you don't envy someone else?
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2017
LogoDWhiz:

At times even the strong succumb. The main thing is that, do you let it weigh you down for long or you shrug it off as they come.

You can't tell me you don't have things you wish you can have, you don't envy someone else?
I do wish I have what some people have but then am contented with the one I have, hoping to God for better, nevertheless I don't go out of my way to get what I don't have, it's not my thing.
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
Rolex67:
I do wish I have what some people have but then am contented with the one I have, hoping to God for better, nevertheless I don't go out of my way to get what I don't have, it's not my thing.

Well, that's nice.
But you'll agree with me that there were some challenging situations where you wanted to change who you are or what you're doing due to pressure from friends.

It's nice to put solace in God and all that but you should know that you have your life to live. Take charge. Trust God to guide you.
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by geedup(m): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2017
well said frustratedrat
Re: The Dangers Of Youthful Exuberance by QuietHammer(m): 9:45am On Dec 23, 2017
Abi he don kill himself? So long, brother. So long.

(1) (Reply)

........ / I Just Found Out She Did Abortion Twice Before We Met. / The Disrespect Of Black Men By Black WOMEN!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.