Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (44003 Views)

Does God Answer The Prayers Of Yahoo Boys And Call Girls? / Where Did Jesus Say, “i Am God, Worship Me ”? / Please Show Me In Your Bible Where Jesus Says I Am God And You Should Worship Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Superman30(m): 11:24am On Apr 01, 2018
Guys check out these videos

Jesus is not God - 36 proofs from the New Testame…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yn-6OW5K8c

The Truth About JESUS' CRUCIFICTION By Dr. Shabir…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZck3Xx9lzo

Did Jesus create his mom? Funny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJ4JN8E9_c

Original Teaching of Jesus - Christian Program Re…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqjejD5x6SM

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Doerstech(m): 11:25am On Apr 01, 2018
Glorious...beautiful... wonderful...marvelous....
Be blessed by the Father... the Son and the Holyghosr thou OP,...
You're blessed...

Thank you Jesus.....
Thank you Father...in Jesus Name.....Amen

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by musicwriter(m): 11:26am On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

It is common these days to see people posing a question to Christians on social media and even in debates with the question always in one same manner. The question usually comes from Atheists, Jews, Muslims and even heretic Christians. They wonder why we see Jesus as God and worship him.

So they ask "Show me Where Jesus said "I am God worship me?" in those exact words.

You might become confused at this moment if you are not smart. Yes, you know you can't find anywhere in the Bible where Jesus said such in those exact words, so you might be quick to quote some classical verses that show Jesus Christ is God.

Well, the person asking that question has been trained in such a way that no matter the amount of verses you quote, he won't believe you unless you show him where Jesus said "I am God worship me" in those exact words. Now he has boxed you in the "exact words" corner. The only way you can get out is to pull him into the corner to make him see how stupid it is dealing with exact words. I bet you, he will be the one to open the door for the both of you to leave the corner once he realises how stupid it is. How do you do that? You flip the question back at him. You say...

"I'll be willing to show where Jesus said 'I am God worship me' in those exact words only if you can show me where he said 'I am only a prophet, do not worship me' in those exact same words. At that moment, he will start to realise the error of requesting for exact same words. To stamp it on him, if he's a Muslim that believes according to the Quran that Jesus was born of a virgin, then ask him to show you in the Quran or Bible where Jesus said "I am born of a virgin" in those exact same words. If he can't, then it means his belief that Jesus was born of a virgin is false.

The idea behind the above is to ensure you are not dealing with exact words. If the Jew, atheist, Muslim or heretic Christian can't show you anywhere in the Bible or Quran or any book where Jesus said these exact words "I am only a prophet, do not worship me" or "I am born of a virgin", then it means he shouldn't require of you to show him where Jesus said the exact same words "I am God worship me".

Once you have passed that, you can now ask a more reasonable question.

WHERE AND HOW DID JESUS CLAIM TO BE GOD?

According to the Jews, Christians and Muslims, there are certain claims only God can make. All 3 religious beliefs hold the same view about God in that regard. That is why I am going to use the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Quran to see if Jesus made claims that only God can make.

1. Who is the "First and the Last"?

Let's start by quoting the Quran

Sura 57:3
He is the FIRST and the LAST, and the Outward (His signs appear on all His creatures) and the Inward (Hidden). And He is the All-Knower of everything.

Now let's read from the Old Testament

Isaiah 44:6
New International Version
"This is what the LORD says-- Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the FIRST and I am the LAST; apart from me there is no God.

Since both the Quran and the Bible agree that God is the First and the Last, should a prophet refer to himself as such? But that is what Jesus Christ did in the verse below.

Revelations 1:17-18
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the FIRST and the LAST. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Can you tell us what Jesus meant when he took a title that can only be applied to God and applied it to himself? If he wasn't claiming to be God, then what was he doing?

Even if you find somewhere in the bible where Jesus says "I am God worship me" that doesn't make it true.

The bible was written from over 40 years after Jesus died. Jesus did not write a sentence in the bible. Rome wrote it based on a construct to place you in the predicament you are today whereby LOGIC would be suspended in favour of dogmatism.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by wisdomsnr(m): 11:28am On Apr 01, 2018
ZestAri:
And have you ever research on the origin of Trinity? Is it Biblical or church doctrine? Who proposed it?

LoL the bible was inspired by the holy spirt is that true? (not God According Un Your Fact)

now after the fasting for forty days and night and tempted by the devil he was fill by the holy spirit......then he went to river jordan and was baptised by john
(not filled with God referencing your line)
young man the idea of the holy trinity was imposed by christ himself when he said he will send you an advocate...... get inspired

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by mrdogood900: 11:28am On Apr 01, 2018
Useless post, how can you say Jesus is God. check Isaiah 43:10-11 and tell me who is God. Jesus is a servant of God act 3:13 (RSV and Gideon international).

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by goodmanjustice: 11:29am On Apr 01, 2018
CeoNewshelm:
To cut the long story short: Jesus Is God!!!

I just hope we all know on judgement day, the wisdom which God has given us will be used against us; Cos somethings we twist with our own hands will end up putting us in trouble...

I pray we all have the best explanation to back up our religious decisions on earth on the day of accountability!!!

Let me start by teaching you s few rules of grammar, or should I say reminding you. You should say, " to cut a long story short", not " to cut the long story short". Again, the colon you put after short ":" is not required since you are not providing a list of items. "!", this is an exclamation mark, not a tribal mark, use it sparingly. After the word "trouble" you used an ellipsis"...", it is a misfit in that position. Now to the crux of the matter. Jesus is not God almighty and this is not a rocket science. Jesus said in John 14:28 that the father is greater than he. You would recall that on a number of occasions Jesus prayed, to whom was he praying if he is God? Whose voice was heard from heaven when Jesus was baptized, it certainly won't be Jesus'. We don't have to wait for the last days to get these points, they are all in the bible. I pray this meets you well.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by HerXLNC(f): 11:35am On Apr 01, 2018
GOD exist in three forms: God the father, God the son, God the holyspirit.... TRINITY : The trinity is a mystery....during the water baptism of Jesus by John... There was a voice from heaven saying : Matthew 3:17 KJV
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

U can't unravel the mystery behind the TRINITY

in the old testaments...sacrifice involves blood and for the sin of the world to be forgiven and grace to abound there's a need for sacrifice of blood.... only one person blood can be shed for that cause hence God the son (Jesus) needed to come in human form to pay the price

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Shafiiimran99: 11:35am On Apr 01, 2018
But why did your god beg another God to save him from death when they came to arrest?

7 Likes

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Ahsat: 11:38am On Apr 01, 2018
Quran verse 3: 84 Say, "We have believed in Allah and in
what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham,
Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Descendants, and in what was
given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord.
We make no distinction between any of them, and we are
Muslims [submitting] to Him."

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Kotodoctor: 11:38am On Apr 01, 2018
God does not require us to know he is God. He knows himself enough for the both of us. Christ himself settled the question about his divinity while he was here on earth. He at times refered himself as the highest authority while men tried to bring him down (which is the place of exalrationis op is ..God).

He also at other times will refered to himself as " son of man" so according to scriptures weather you say he is God or man you are absolutely right.

Morever, don't try to convince people this way. It's just mare intellectual sparing. Outgrow that.

Focus on love and inteprestation through work. When people can see your work of love kindness or compassion, all debate stop.

Happy easter all.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Shafiiimran99: 11:42am On Apr 01, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL...I PRAY, THE DOUBTERS WILL STOP DISBELIEVING AND START BELIEVING, FOR THEIR GOOD AND WELLBEING...GLORY TO MY JESUS NOW AND FOREVER. AMEN!
Why did beg for his life to be saved then since he is god?

3 Likes

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Olifiz(m): 11:53am On Apr 01, 2018
Originakalokalo:

The child of a lion is a lion.
The child of a human is human.

The child of God is God.

How many times are we going to say this?

Jesus is the manifestation of God in the Physical.

He referred to the Unseen, Invincible and Almighty God .

He is HIS physical form. He is God.

I understand it so easily. Without stress, without bias, without an iota of doubt.

Why they don't see it as I do beats my imagination.

The holy Spirit helps in this case. If you don't have him, you will never understand Spiritual things.

Jesus said,. I have a lot of things to tell you.but you can't bear them now

. When the Spirit comes, he will guide you in all truth and teach you. He said this to his disciples.

I guess that's why something that is this clear is still vague to a lot of people.

Foolishness is the gospel to the thinkers.according to the scriptures.

I cannot help you or anyone else beyond this.

Everyone just keep opening threads upon threads on the same subject matter.

If you don't understand,

I pray that God will give you understanding.

Pls Jesus Christ is not God. They are two spirit beings. Jesus is the son of God. If Jesus was God while on earth he wouldn’t have prayed to God, he wouldn’t have called someone else he prayed to father. Also read Philippians 2:5-9
“5 Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God. 7 No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human. 8 More than that, when he came as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake. 9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name”

Now if Jesus was God himself would he need someone else to exalt he’s name?

Verse 6 says “ although he was existing in Gods form he have no seizure to be equal to God”. The phrase “existing in Gods form” alone depicts there’s a superior being. Then it continues to say he never considers himself equal to God. So how can u come and say Jesus is God. Remember the Bible is not contradictory.

God and Jesus might have a common goal but not the same being.

Now u might want to argue. Jesus exists in Gods form. The form there depicts they are both spirit beings, same as the the angels n even Satan. So because Jesus exists in Gods form doesn’t make him God. In revelation Jesus who is the word of God is described as the firstborn of all creation meaning he has a beginning, and every other thing was creation through him and for him. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by wisdomsnr(m): 11:58am On Apr 01, 2018
i personally get upset when people quote the bible from one point.......just go and read john1:1 and ask your spirtual director to help you on the explanation
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by ollah2: 12:05pm On Apr 01, 2018
Religion of confusion .

4 Likes

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Olifiz(m): 12:07pm On Apr 01, 2018
shadeyinka:

GOD is the Father (who wills everything to be)
GOD is the Word (who spoke everything into being)
GOD is the Spirit (who makes things to be/expression of Power)

The word “trinity” is not found in the Bible or in the holy scriptures. Jesus did not preach trinity the first century Christians (apostle Paul, Timothy etc) didn’t preach trinity as a doctrine. Jesus disciples didn’t preach trinity so why on earth are Christians today doing so. As Christians which means Christ-like we are to follow the steps on Jesus Christ closely. Trinity which from origin means a triad god or 3 god head. Go and do ur research. It started during the era of Ham till the time of the Babylonians, used in their pagan worship.
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by ibtz: 12:09pm On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

2. Who can forgive sins?

Jews, christians and Muslims all believers that it is only God that can forgive sins. We see that in the Quran verse below

Sura (3:135) These are the ones who, when they commit any indecency and wrong against themselves, instantly remember Allah and implore forgiveness for their sins - for who will forgive sins save Allah? - and who do not wilfully persist in the wrong they did.

Now, if it is only God that can forgive sins, should a mere Prophet claim to forgive sins also? In the Bible verse below, we see the religious leaders startled when Jesus forgave the sins of a crippled man. They were startled cos they knew it is only God that can do such, so they said he was blaspheming. Jesus made it clear to them that a mere human can open his mouth to say I forgive you of your sin, but only a God can forgive you and restore what your sin deprived you of.

Mark 2:5-12
When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves,
“Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

You see Jesus forgave sins, something the Quran says only God has the authority to do. Isn't this Jesus showing that he is God?

3. Who is our final judge?

Old Testament

Joel 3:12
"Let the nations be roused; let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit to judge all the nations on every side.

More

Psalm 9:7-8
The LORD reigns forever; 7
he has established his throne for judgment.
He rules the world in righteousness 8
and judges the peoples with equity.

Quran
22:56) On that Day all sovereignty shall be Allah's and He will judge among them. Then those who believed and acted righteously shall be in Gardens of Bliss.
(22:57) A humiliating chastisement awaits those who disbelieved and denied Our Signs.

If both the Bible and the Quran agree that God is the final judge of humans, should a mere prophet claim to be the final judge? That is what Jesus Christ did in the verse below. He made it clear that he will be the one to judge.

Matthew 25:31-32
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
After all dis, the bible yet still contradicts itself in the following verses.

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but ONE that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew:19:17 (jesus himself confirming one God).

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
Mark:12:32

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark:12:29 (this cannot get any better "OUR LORD OUR GOD IS ONE"wink

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
John:17:3

You say jesus is God, one question for u
Can satan tempt GOD.
Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Matthew:4:1

satan wud not dare tempt God or a part of God.
pls respond

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by DavidEsq(m): 12:10pm On Apr 01, 2018
Vecto:

God shares titles with men. I can mention at least three people in the bible who are designated with the title "King of kings".
Those person described as "king of kings" are world powers. American government today is one of such. They have strong authority and power to demote, suppress or even destroy oda kings (rulers). Daniel 2:37 clearly describes Nebuchadnezer as such. Besides, sharing title with anoda does not amount to having the same authority as dat oda

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Empiree: 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

It is common these days to see people posing a question to Christians on social media and even in debates with the question always in one same manner. The question usually comes from Atheists, Jews, Muslims and even heretic Christians. They wonder why we see Jesus as God and worship him.

So they ask "Show me Where Jesus said "I am God worship me?" in those exact words.

You might become confused at this moment if you are not smart. Yes, you know you can't find anywhere in the Bible where Jesus said such in those exact words, so you might be quick to quote some classical verses that show Jesus Christ is God.

Well, the person asking that question has been trained in such a way that no matter the amount of verses you quote, he won't believe you unless you show him where Jesus said "I am God worship me" in those exact words. Now he has boxed you in the "exact words" corner. The only way you can get out is to pull him into the corner to make him see how stupid it is dealing with exact words. I bet you, he will be the one to open the door for the both of you to leave the corner once he realises how stupid it is. How do you do that? You flip the question back at him. You say...

"I'll be willing to show where Jesus said 'I am God worship me' in those exact words only if you can show me where he said 'I am only a prophet, do not worship me' in those exact same words. At that moment, he will start to realise the error of requesting for exact same words. To stamp it on him, if he's a Muslim that believes according to the Quran that Jesus was born of a virgin, then ask him to show you in the Quran or Bible where Jesus said "I am born of a virgin" in those exact same words. If he can't, then it means his belief that Jesus was born of a virgin is false.

The idea behind the above is to ensure you are not dealing with exact words. If the Jew, atheist, Muslim or heretic Christian can't show you anywhere in the Bible or Quran or any book where Jesus said these exact words "I am only a prophet, do not worship me" or "I am born of a virgin", then it means he shouldn't require of you to show him where Jesus said the exact same words "I am God worship me".

According to the Jews, Christians and Muslims, there are certain claims only God can make. All 3 religious beliefs hold the same view about God in that regard. That is why I am going to use the Old Testament, the New Testament and the Quran to see if Jesus made claims that only God can make.

He is the FIRST and the LAST, and the Outward (His signs appear on all His creatures) and the Inward (Hidden). And He is the All-Knower of everything.

"This is what the LORD says-- Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the FIRST and I am the LAST; apart from me there is no God.

Since both the Quran and the Bible agree that God is the First and the Last, should a prophet refer to himself as such? But that is what Jesus Christ did in the verse below.

When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the FIRST and the LAST. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Can you tell us what Jesus meant when he took a title that can only be applied to God and applied it to himself? If he wasn't claiming to be God, then what was he doing?
But Jesus didn't speak English. This rubbishes and dismisses nonesense you put up shocked

When a language is translated to another, the later loses its strength, hence corrupts the original. How can you be sure Jesus said those words. Try harder again with your copy paste

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by ibtz: 12:13pm On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

2. Who can forgive sins?

Jews, christians and Muslims all believers that it is only God that can forgive sins. We see that in the Quran verse below

Sura (3:135) These are the ones who, when they commit any indecency and wrong against themselves, instantly remember Allah and implore forgiveness for their sins - for who will forgive sins save Allah? - and who do not wilfully persist in the wrong they did.

Now, if it is only God that can forgive sins, should a mere Prophet claim to forgive sins also? In the Bible verse below, we see the religious leaders startled when Jesus forgave the sins of a crippled man. They were startled cos they knew it is only God that can do such, so they said he was blaspheming. Jesus made it clear to them that a mere human can open his mouth to say I forgive you of your sin, but only a God can forgive you and restore what your sin deprived you of.

Mark 2:5-12
When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves,
“Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”

You see Jesus forgave sins, something the Quran says only God has the authority to do. Isn't this Jesus showing that he is God?

3. Who is our final judge?

Old Testament

Joel 3:12
"Let the nations be roused; let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit to judge all the nations on every side.

More

Psalm 9:7-8
The LORD reigns forever; 7
he has established his throne for judgment.
He rules the world in righteousness 8
and judges the peoples with equity.

Quran
22:56) On that Day all sovereignty shall be Allah's and He will judge among them. Then those who believed and acted righteously shall be in Gardens of Bliss.
(22:57) A humiliating chastisement awaits those who disbelieved and denied Our Signs.

If both the Bible and the Quran agree that God is the final judge of humans, should a mere prophet claim to be the final judge? That is what Jesus Christ did in the verse below. He made it clear that he will be the one to judge.

Matthew 25:31-32
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

in others again, i believe u may have seen dis in previous threads dat u were a part off.

Jesus neva said to worship him but thy lord thy God in heaven. Again d following verses:

And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but ONE that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
Matthew:19:17 (jesus himself confirming one God).

And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
Mark:12:32

And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mark:12:29

Now lets look at jesus christ as d son of god
What is d definition of son?

'A male child, a boy or man in relation to his parents; one's male offspring".
"A male person who has such a close relationship with an older or otherwise more authoritative person that he can be regarded as a son of the other person."
"A male person considered to have been significantly shaped by some external influence."

There are also many verses in d bible dat call ppl son of God: KJV
Read 1 Chronicles 22:10
Luke 3:38
Romans 8:14
Job 38:7

Frm dis bible verses above we can call various ppl as d son of God
Frm dis we can conclude dat christians falsely believe christ as a biological son of God instead of as a man influenced and guided by God

Lets even luk at dis, God dat destroyed nations for ppl worshipping anytin other than him will now turn around
and present his son for ppl to worship, is dat not accusing God of Double standards, not to even to mention fathering his own biological son from one of his creations isn't dat accusing God of incest.Glory be to God. There is no other God except Allah

Please respond because in the oda threads i posted dis u ran like u always do

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by amodu(m): 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
OP, attend to this.

2 Likes

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Bahddo(m): 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
Trinitarians matter tire me. How can one accept so many contradictions?

4 Likes

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by efficiencie(m): 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2018
Isaiah 48:12-16  Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last . Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together. All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans. I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous. Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Rev 1:17-18  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The same title The first and the last spoken of by the prophet Isaiah and later John and the title belongs to he who once lived, died and is alive again forever more...who else is the person these verses speaks of? Yeshua Ha'Mashiach.

Rev 22:12-16 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 

Jesus keeps saying HE is the first and the last, the Alpha and Omega...who else has the right to use these titles if not GOD?

Philipians 2:5-8  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus did not consider it ROBBERY to be equal with GOD...What else do the naysayers need to see?

John 10:30-33  I and my Father are one.  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Why did the Jews take up stones to stone Jesus? Because HE, JESUS, YESHUA HA'MASHIACH, OPENLY DECLARED HIMSELF TO BE GOD, BY DECLARING THAT HE AND THE FATHER ARE ONE

What other proof, do the naysayers want? No matter how explicit the bible is, they will always choose to believe what they want to believe...

Jesus was WORSHIPPED even as a baby

Matthew 2:11  And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him : and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Matthew 8:2  And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him , saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matthew 14:33  Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Matthew 28:9  And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Joh 9:35  Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

JESUS The Christ, was worshipped as the Son of God...and If He is the Son of God then He is the only begotten of God and thus He is GOD!

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by vicardino(m): 12:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
The understanding of the concept of Trinity and law of interpenetration with the substitutionary work of Jesus would answer every and all these questions

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by alBHAGDADI: 12:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
lordlek:

Answer this
If a king goes to war with 30,000 soilders -
Then:
Who is the next person that watch over the affairs of that kingdom?
That shows you how an Awesome King our God is. Even if He's on Earth, He's still on His throne. He's everywhere, unlike the earthly king whose throne becomes vacant when he goes to war.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Topestbilly(m): 12:20pm On Apr 01, 2018
I like the fact that you confirmed the authenticity of the Quran.

But while you were doing your research you skipped some suras which i have helped you dug out.

Maybe you can give us further explanations.

Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I [/b]will take thee and raise thee to [b]Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute. (3:55, Yusif Ali)

The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was. (3:59, Yusif Ali)

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. (4:157,Yusif Ali)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Maximus85(m): 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Actually, it is you who needs to be taught. Did Jesus actually said he is God? When he was teaching his disciples to pray, How did he start? or Was he praying to himself? The night before he was killed, he was afraid and he went to a quiet place to kneel and pray to himself abi? Jesus said he didnt come to do his will but the will of the one who sent him. He said the father is greater than he is. Colossians 1:15 shows that Jesus has a beginning. He was referred to as the first born of all creation. God even GAVE him a name above all names. When Jesus returned to the heaven, he sat down at the right hand of someone, abi he was sitting at the right hand of himself? The bible refer to God as Almighty God and refer to Jesus as Mighty God. Abeg, when Jesus was about to die, who did he beg to remove the cup from his head? He was talking to himself abi?

See, dont come here and deceive people that all these is a misery. Cos that is your cheapest way out of you little or zero scriptural knowledge.

I don talk.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by aderinkola4(m): 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2018
[/quote][quote author=iamgenius post=61526320]

Did you hear yourself at all? You said Jesus is not a representation of God BUT GOD HIMSELF, and you are now saying JESUS IS NOT THE ENTIRE GID HIMSELF. Read what youwrite again and tell me if you made any sense.

If you say Jesus is part of God, now tell me God consist of how many parts?

[left][quote author=iamgenius post=61526320]

God is trio
God in form of father
God in form of son
God in form of spirit
its called trinity
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by ibtz: 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
efficiencie:
Isaiah 48:12-16  Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last . Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together. All ye, assemble yourselves, and hear; which among them hath declared these things? The LORD hath loved him: he will do his pleasure on Babylon, and his arm shall be on the Chaldeans. I, even I, have spoken; yea, I have called him: I have brought him, and he shall make his way prosperous. Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

Rev 1:17-18  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

The same title The first and the last spoken of by the prophet Isaiah and later John and the title belongs to he who once lived, died and is alive again forever more...who else is the person these verses speaks of? Yeshua Ha'Mashiach.

Rev 22:12-16 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 

Jesus keeps saying HE is the first and the last, the Alpha and Omega...who else has the right to use these titles if not GOD?

Philipians 2:5-8  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus did not consider it ROBBERY to be equal with GOD...What else do the naysayers need to see?

John 10:30-33  I and my Father are one.  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Why did the Jews take up stones to stone Jesus? Because HE, JESUS, YESHUA HA'MASHIACH, OPENLY DECLARED HIMSELF TO BE GOD, BY DECLARING THAT HE AND THE FATHER ARE ONE

What other proof, do the naysayers want? No matter how explicit the bible is, they will always choose to believe what they want to believe...

but jesus responded

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
John:10:33

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
John:10:34

If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
John:10:35

in dat verse john 10:34 "is it not written in your law that ye are gods " meaning why do u take my words literally when it is also in your law dat ye are gods and u do not take it in its literal sense.

Can u see d CONTRADICTIONS

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by ManirBK: 12:24pm On Apr 01, 2018
Superman30:
Guys check out these videos

Jesus is not God - 36 proofs from the New Testame…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yn-6OW5K8c

The Truth About JESUS' CRUCIFICTION By Dr. Shabir…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZck3Xx9lzo

Did Jesus create his mom? Funny:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJ4JN8E9_c

Original Teaching of Jesus - Christian Program Re…:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqjejD5x6SM
albhagdadi pls read well
Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by alBHAGDADI: 12:28pm On Apr 01, 2018
goodmanjustice:

I do not actually know the fulcrum of your argument, but I'll make some guesses to aid me offer a response. I reckon your argument is that Jesus is God almighty himself. But there is a structural lapse in your offering which puts a strain on the edifies of opinion you hold out. First your position shows you are discussing two entities. Whether you agree or not is immaterial, for Jesus says in John 14:28..You heard that I said to you...the father is greater than I am. In the account of Colossians 1: 15, apostle Paul referred to Jesus as the "image of th invisible God, the first born of all creation"...Jesus thus was created, hence, he who created him must be greater. Is it any wonder then that Jesus on a number of occasion while on earth said he had come to do the will of the one that sent him. In fact, on the night of his death, the pain was so much that he wished things changed, but as it was, it wasn't in his powers to change the tide. Prior to the selection of his disciples, Jesus was said to have prayed all night to make the right choice, to whom was he praying, if he had that much power, why did he need to be guided. Again, whose voice came down from heaven to confirm Jesus' sonship at his baptism, perhaps it was Jesus'own voice that said to Jesus" this is my son with whom I am well pleased"? During the transfiguration , the same voice boomed from heaven but with the addition "listen to him". Throughout Jesus ministry on earth, he made it clear that he was a messenger, he never arrogated powers to himself, he referred his listeners to a Being greater than he. .. Your argument obviously touches on the relationship between Jesus and God the almighty. Whether we accept it or not, Jesus himself has accepted his position as the second in command, a perfect representation of his father. He did not say "no one comes to me except through me" but no one comes to the father, we all are going to the father, Jesus is a means, hid father, the end...Happy Sunday brothers and sisters
He cast aside His heavenly glory and took upon Himself human form. Whenever He communicated in prayer, He was linking with that glory. The world won't have contained Him if He had come in His Full glory.

Luke 21:26-27
26 Men will faint from fear and anxiety over what is coming upon the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Now, in the case of God referring to Jesus as His Son, Jesus was the image of God who is invisible. That was why John called Him the image of the invisible God. He was one of God's manifestations, just as God manifested Himself to the Israelites as a pillar of fire, cloud and as a burning bush to Moses.

Jesus saying no one comes to the Father except through Him is another way of telling you that He is God. He is the path laid by God to Himself. God came down and showed Himself to us for us to believe He is real. He sacrificed that self cos that is the only way we could be reconciled with God. Without that sacrifice, we won't be able to have a relationship with him. Now, if you say for Jesus to say that you c an't come to the Father except through Him, it means you are saying that Jesus has positioned Himself to be greater than the Father for Him to be the one to allowed people come to the Father. This in itself shows that Jesus is still the same Father. But he was on earth as the lamb to reconcile us to the Father. Believe in that lamb, you believe in God. Reject the lamb, you reject God.

1 Like

Re: How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? by Olifiz(m): 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2018
wisdomsnr:

LoL the bible was inspired by the holy spirt is that true? (not God According Un Your Fact)

now after the fasting for forty days and night and tempted by the devil he was fill by the holy spirit......then he went to river jordan and was baptised by john
(not filled with God referencing your line)
young man the idea of the holy trinity was imposed by christ himself when he said he will send you an advocate...... get inspired

Pls o. Where and where did Jesus impose Trinity? Which kind inspiration you dey get?

From ur trinity Doctrine...if as u say Jesus is God and the Holy Spirit, who sent the Holy Spirit to him when he was baptized by John?
So you mean he sent the Holy Spirit to himself from heaven while he was on earth? Continue u hear. Just continue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Eba And Soup Used As Communion In Church (video) / Omowole Isaac: Self-Acclaimed "Jesus Christ" Appears In Lagos (video) - SR / Pope Francis Visits Iraqi Christians Who Suffered Under IS (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.