Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News (11343 Views)

2016 Budget: Heads May Roll As Presidency Uncovers More Infractions / Heads To Roll As President's Anti-Corruption War Kicks Off / Tinubu scores once again as Fashola emerge SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News by Oboma1(m): 1:23am On Mar 17, 2010
BRF you are really trying, I must admit, but Lagos needs more of this. The state is a small big city!.
Re: Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News by honeric01(m): 7:21am On Mar 17, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Some and not all, please. As for this, I wholly support.

yea, i wanted to say some, sorry.
Re: Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News by Otobroto(f): 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2010
Lagos really need a strong hearted man like BRF to sail through, though he is not a saint.
Re: Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 18, 2010
I had said I would reserve my comments until I visited the site of the demolished market to see things for myself.

I eventually went there this morning and I didn't know when tears started rolling down my cheeks. The scale of destruction was colossal, the impact was monumental.

Let me state clearly that it is one thing to read of bad news and it is another to be an eye witness

Though the demolition was done about 8 days ago, the traders can still be seen at the site counting their losses

While I must sincerely commend Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola for the good work he is doing in managing the affairs of the state and fully support his ambition of putting Lagos on the spotlight of the World map as being a Mega City of global standard, I must say that he was ill-advised on the procedure for the demolition of the Ajelogo market

It wouldn't have been too much for the Government of Lagos state (Ministry of Environment) with annual revenue running into billions of Naira to have put at least half page advert in 2 (two) national dailies and run jingles on radio giving the traders 1 (one) week notice to evacuate the market of their stock and personal effects

By doing this, it would be publicly evident that they were indeed given ample time to vacate the market, while erring parties would have found themselves to blame

In developed countries, when organizations, friends, relatives and the economy fail us, the government is seen as as a last resort of help and assistance to the poor masses but our case in Nigeria is the opposite

I do not support the erection of illegal structures or shanties they usually constituted environmental hazards to the society but some of the people that trade in these markets could not afford lock up shops while some rented the facilities ignorantly

PLEASE LET US BE BALANCED AND FAIR IN OUR COMMENTS

Cheers
Re: Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News by Kadejo(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2010
Please, can someone get me Fasola's email so dat I can speak to him.

Fellow Nigerians,

I want U to understand dat, transforming  Lagos State to a mega city has said is only bringing sorrow into peoples' life. I situation whereby people who so-called politicians who are headed upon are sad of their administration.
Remember TEJU-OSHO MARKET, can somebody selling pepper able to cope wit the transformation, A day, I was @ this market (teju) I was hungry immediately, I got Bread with bama. Now Somebody with dis petty trade is now required to pay MILLIONS to regain back her portion.
Now its d turn of Mile 12.

What ever Fasola is doing buying vehicle for the police, or provision of anything, I dont see it as an amazing thing, why, because that is what his ment to do & he is collecting his salary. Or can anyone tel me dat He is using is money to do all These? so why I we behaving like a Fool ! we are entitle of it.

Health sector is different from Food sector, likewise Environmental sector. One needs crucial advise to carry out things like what he (Fasola) is doing, if what u ar doing is affectiing peoples' life negatively u av to stop it.
Am 100% sure dat most things which FASOLA wil be using will be IMPORTED.
Look @ the recent crisis concerning pepper, look at bodies mention most who ar behind it, e.g LASMA, KAI, POLICE  and d called TAX FORCES.
Taxes which larger  percentage of the money goes on what can not be explain of.

FASOLA, OPEN your EARS AND LISTEN:[/b]
Are people going to eat flowers, trees or u,
Many Lifes are sorrowful, spirit of hunger children are against U. Because, U want to make NAME, innocient people must die of HUNGER.

U TENURE IS ONLY FOR D RICH PEOPLE LIKE U.
Everythings in Lagos are highly cost as if d State is only ment for d RICH.

[b]BUT NOTE: YOUR DAYS IN THAT GOVERNOR'S OFFICE ARE NUMBERED.

I AM NOT A LAGOSIAN, BUT EVERYSOUL LIVING IN LAGOS ARE MY FAMILY ESPECIALLY, THE MASSES.[/color]

Re: Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News by favouredjb(f): 7:50am On Mar 31, 2010
Oboma1:

Let Fashola worshippers catch you. You go know scores!.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News by selingel: 12:55am On May 22, 2010
babapupa:

While haters dey here dey vex, Lagos State dey move on accordingly.

http://happylagosian..com/2010/03/lagos-state-fire-dept-gets-new-gear.html

Eko o ni baje lai lai l'oju awon olote,

Well, I know one thing for sure, anyone can do all these, but the cost of doing them is what is killing Nigeria.
Re: Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News by osaxx: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Otobroto: Lagos really need a strong hearted man like BRF to sail through, though he is not a saint.
selingel:

Well, I know one thing for sure, anyone can do all these, but the cost of doing them is what is killing Nigeria.

EASY TO SAY because U ARE NOT AFFECTED........FASHOLA IS A THIEF PERIOD
Re: Tears And Anger Roll, As Fashola Destroys Mile 12 Market In Lagos - News by ba7man(m): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
osaxx:

EASY TO SAY because U ARE NOT AFFECTED........FASHOLA IS A THIEF PERIOD
Unintelligent folks just drop accusations without refering to any situation as proof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Appeal Court Declares Fayemi As Ekiti State Governor / Russia Demands Release Of Arrested Sailors / Financial Crisis Hits PDP, Debts Now N872 Million- Trail Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.