Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos (7059 Views)

Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist / Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image / Nnamdi Kanu: Yorubas Confess. 60% Real Estate In Lagos Owned By Igbos. Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 17, 2017
ofai:

My dear ignore the Yoruba idiot. He is really pained.
Very true.
Abeg lets keep posting useful ideas that will move the Igbo nation forward.
Igbo amaka

5 Likes

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by Leez(m): 9:03am On Oct 17, 2017
giftq:

Gbam
the name Olaudah Equiano has no possible meaning in Bini language.

They are all pained afonja people who have a history of submitting to slavery by any means necessary. grin grin

cc Leez
d gambaris really did a number on d afonjas
smh
Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by ofai: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2017
I opened a thread on the Yoruba and Edo thieves claiming equiano, the mods removed it....now a thread attacking igbos has gotten to 3 pages ....some mods are really biased.
Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 17, 2017
ofai:
I opened a thread on the Yoruba and Edo thieves claiming equiano, the mods removed it....now a thread attacking igbos has gotten to 3 pages ....some mods are really biased.
Just share this picture with all of them.
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by IamLaura(f): 11:30am On Oct 17, 2017
stonemasonn:
Jaja of Okpobo was neither Benin or Yoruba, but are saying that he was Igbo?

He was an igbo from Imo state but was sent to opobo as a servant where we later worked out and become successful in business then he was made king of opobo.
Ask around or read it up

1 Like

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 17, 2017
IamLaura:

He was an igbo from Imo state but was sent to opobo was a servant where we later worked out and become successful in business then he was made king of opobo.
Ask around or read it up
They always refuse to read

"Jaja of Opobo (full name: Jubo Jubogha; 1821–1891) was a merchant prince and the founder of Opobo city-state in an area that is now the Rivers state of Nigeria.

Born in Umuduruoha, Amaigbo, in Igboland, he was sold at about the age of twelve as a slave in Bonny. Jumo Jumofe later took the name "Jaja" for his dealings with the British."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaja_of_Opobo

2 Likes

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by IamLaura(f): 11:43am On Oct 17, 2017
giftq:

They always refuse to read

"Jaja of Opobo (full name: Jubo Jubogha; 1821–1891) was a merchant prince and the founder of Opobo city-state in an area that is now the Rivers state of Nigeria.

Born in Umuduruoha, Amaigbo, in Igboland, he was sold at about the age of twelve as a slave in Bonny. Jumo Jumofe later took the name "Jaja" for his dealings with the British."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaja_of_Opobo
The ignorance is alarming.
Read a book they won't read,even with the internet they're still ignorant as hell

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 17, 2017
IamLaura:

The ignorance is alarming.
Read a book they won't read,even with the internet they're still ignorant as hell
I blame quota system education that seeks to oppress Igbos by setting weirdly disparate cut-off marks.

3 Likes

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by IamLaura(f): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2017
giftq:

I blame quota system education that seeks to oppress Igbos by setting weirdly disparate cut-off marks.

The chickens have come home to roost grin
Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 17, 2017
IamLaura:

The chickens have come home to roost grin
LMAO
They will still find a way to blame Igbo people.

Zoogerians

3 Likes

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by Basic123: 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
ZaraGift:

He was Igbo no doubt but some Yoruba come carry the matter for head, even the Benins are not saying any on this matter.

You should ask why Yoruba is discussing this matter and arguing with the Igbos

Because the first person to comment started insulting the OP for no reason.By the way,those monikers you see as yorubas are actually the OP switching to his other accounts to comment!
Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by goldrushbooks: 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Your muslim anti-Igbo ewedu-dripping mouth can cry to Allah 100 times the truth remains that Olaudah in his book made it very clear he is Eboe (Igbo) without leaving a shred of doubt, he only passed through benin enroute to slavery. We know you this but can't live with the fact that the great Igbo man is being celebrated globally due to your prehistoric envy. Pls die if you want to. cheesy cheesy

Fact number 1.
He translated his name Ikwuano (Equiano) Olaudah (which mean loud voice in Igbo). What does Olaudah mean in Edo or yoruba (as you would like to claim by extension)?

Fact 2
He mentioned 'Esseke' which is a town actually spelt Iseke in Ihiala local government area Anambra of today. I am from Ihiala and today a 45 minute drive from Ihiala will get you into the region that was the old benin empire. You see the proximity? grin

Fact 3
In his book, he mentioned our Igbo for market days as 'Oye' (Orie) 'Ukwo' (Nkwo) 'Ah-for' (Afor) 'Ekeh' (Eke). Where does benin come in here?

Cry till you die, grit your muslim teeth till you quench with hate. Everyone knows Olaudah remain IGBO as every true historian knows. Bitter pill for you right? grin

You conveniently corrupted the guy's name to claim him as Igbo, he wrote his autobiography meaning he is educated and therefore why would he corrupt his names. Your post is highly suspect!
Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by BudeYahooCom: 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
goldrushbooks:

You conveniently corrupted the guy's name to claim him as Igbo, he wrote his autobiography meaning he is educated and therefore why would he corrupt his names. Your post is highly suspect!

Olodo, how did the name 'books' find it's way to your username... I'm shocked.

I'm sure the whites were too educated and couldn't have corrupted word 'Igbo' as 'Eboe'. I'm also sure you only read arabic ile ikewu books. Odoyo! grin

2 Likes

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by goldrushbooks: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Olodo, how did the name 'books' find it's way to your username... I'm shocked.

I'm sure the whites were too educated and couldn't have corrupted word 'Igbo' as 'Eboe'. I'm also sure you only read arabic ile ikewu books. Odoyo! grin

You had to result to ad hominem and eloquence of dog. Focus wet fart, address the issue and not the issuer.

Now lets address your stupidity, ...Really don't have time, now piece this shit together: autobiography, eboe, corruption. Damn impatient with corn for brains.
Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by GoldNiagara(m): 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2017
goldrushbooks:

You had to result to ad hominem and eloquence of dog. Focus wet fart, address the issue and not the issuer.

Now lets address your stupidity, ...Really don't have time, now piece this shit together: autobiography, eboe, corruption. Damn impatient with corn for brains.

Pure and pinnacle of savagery
Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by BudeYahooCom: 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
goldrushbooks:
[s]

Now lets address your stupidity, ...Really don't have time, now piece this shit together: autobiography, eboe, corruption. Damn impatient with corn for brains.[/s]

Moronic twerps with the I.Q of a bowl of ewedu shouldn't try too hard to wallow in buffoonery by opening rotten gutters and vibrating their vocal cords to piece words together. Staying silent makes you dumb enough for the world and the milky way to tolerate.

Do this cosmos a favour, CASTRATE YOURSELF SO YOU DON'T CONTAMINATE THE REST OF THE WORLD. Gracias

2 Likes

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
The same Oyinbo told you that Mongo park discovered river Niger and you believed. They told you a killer pirate Christopher Columbus was a great man and you believed. Don't believe anything the white man tells you about your history
Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by mesoprogress(m): 8:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Your muslim anti-Igbo ewedu-dripping mouth can cry to Allah 100 times the truth remains that Olaudah in his book made it very clear he is Eboe (Igbo) without leaving a shred of doubt, he only passed through benin enroute to slavery. We know you this but can't live with the fact that the great Igbo man is being celebrated globally due to your prehistoric envy. Pls die if you want to. cheesy cheesy

Fact number 1.
He translated his name Ikwuano (Equiano) Olaudah (which mean loud voice in Igbo). What does Olaudah mean in Edo or yoruba (as you would like to claim by extension)?

Fact 2
He mentioned 'Esseke' which is a town actually spelt Iseke in Ihiala local government area Anambra of today. I am from Ihiala and today a 45 minute drive from Ihiala will get you into the region that was the old benin empire. You see the proximity? grin

Fact 3
In his book, he mentioned our Igbo for market days as 'Oye' (Orie) 'Ukwo' (Nkwo) 'Ah-for' (Afor) 'Ekeh' (Eke). Where does benin come in here?

Cry till you die, grit your muslim teeth till you quench with hate. Everyone knows Olaudah remain IGBO as every true historian knows. Bitter pill for you right? grin

Nice treatise. Olaudah Equino is from Isseke in Ihiala. His name could also mean Ola-edo (gold bangle), Equino could be a corruption of Ekwealuo (Ekweanuo in Anambra dialect)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by goldrushbooks: 7:13am On Oct 18, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Moronic twerps with the I.Q of a bowl of ewedu shouldn't try too hard to wallow in buffoonery by opening rotten gutters and vibrating their vocal cords to piece words together. Staying silent makes you dumb enough for the world and the milky way to tolerate.

Do this cosmos a favour, CASTRATE YOURSELF SO YOU DON'T CONTAMINATE THE REST OF THE WORLD. Gracias

This doddler is still gnawing about insensate some sort of rare idiocy. You don't even make sense, now I will not slang match with a pig.You really sound pained is this thing more than equiano.

Keep better traction your emotion, you are a mess really. Dumb bleeps every where.
Re: Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos by goldrushbooks: 7:15am On Oct 18, 2017
BudeYahooCom:

Now this p and I put a face to painment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Suez Canal Shows That 4 Out Of 5 South East States Has Access To The Ocean / IPOB: South Easterners Start Bringing Down The Nigerian Flag - Picture / Minister Of Information Labaran Maku Live On Ait Tune In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.