Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? - Forum Games (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? (34009 Views)

Who Can Interprete This Picture? / Brain Teaser: Can You Solve These Riddles? / As A Detective, How Do You Solve These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by spartan117(m): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 2 obviously
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
MrWondah:
Man 1. He can see two men which means he knows their colors. So all he has to do is use his head
His guess would either be White or black. He's still in trouble but stands a chance of guessing it right. grin
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by dayleke: 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man no 4...
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by babadee1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
Answer is Man 2. From what he can see he has a 2 in 3 chance of guessing correctly that he is wearing a white hat. Man 1 from what he can see only has a 1 in 2 chance of guessing correctly that he is wearing a black hat. Man 3 and Man 4 cannot see anything.
Also, Man 2 knows if he and Man 1 are wearing the same colour then it would have to be white cos there are two whites remaining. If they are wearing different colours and he is wearing black then definitely Man 1 would have immediately shouted out. Therefore Man 2 knows he has to be wearing white. QED.

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by daywalker12911(m): 9:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 2 will shout first.

If man 1doesnt shout man 2will take a clue that it is because himself and man 3 are wearing different colours

3 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by OBAGADAFFI: 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2017

None of them can see Man 4.

So Man 4 can remove his hat and shout the color.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by kodded(m): 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2017

no one can see him cheating wink
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Oblongata: 9:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
Obinoscopy:
@Mega411 you are too much. I doff my hat.

Let's see if others will get it too
egbon it taf tayed o

I had to think it well, here is my genius answer

The answer is

Since there are only two hats of each color, 1 is able to deduce his color when 2 and 3 are the same color. Though, in this situation 2 and 3 are different, so 1 doesn't shout. 2, not hearing 1 shouting, deduces that his hat is of the opposite color of 3 and shouts!

*I am oblongata

2 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by alasco1(m): 9:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
First man should first take the risk...
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 2.
Reason:
He can see man 3's hat and He knows man 1 can see the hat of man 3 and himself. So if their hats were of the same colour(e.g black black) Man 1 would have guessed his own to be white since their are two whites and two blacks, but the fact that he has not spoken means that there hats were not of the same colour.

So Man 2 now knows that the colour of his hat will be the opposite of man 3's hat.

I hope my explanation was quite understandable.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by MisterB13: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Will the shadow show colors? I am not understandijg

vivie01:
Man 3; because he can view number 1 and number 2 through their shadows on the wall, can also see his own shadow reflected so much so that he would see resemblance in his hat and that of the 1st man
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Apina(m): 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Weldone @daywalker12911 & @Lesky3, you guys too are correct. Much respect smiley
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by DeKen: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
4 because he has no hope of guessing right, so he would just decide to try his luck. It's a 50/50 chance.
The rest also have a 50/50 chance of guessing right but being in the same segment, their minds will play on them that they can reason it out.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by crownedprinz(m): 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2017
Answer is man 2...here is why..man 3 and 4 cannot see each other's hat. man 2 sees a black hat..and if he wears a black hat also it would be obvious to man 1 that both wear black hat so man 1 would have shouted white hat..so since man 1 didn't shout man 2 concluded and shouted that he is wearing a white hat

3 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by FESPO(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
1st man, he can see 2 and 3 so he can easily kw the color of the hat he is wearing
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Oblongata:
egbon it taf tayed o
Yes o. Wetin dey shele bros
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 1, he can see 2 and 3 so he uses the sequence
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by kalvoken(m): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:

Why dont you talk your own and just let my own answer be now

No be aproko you dey do so sad , if I like, I will pick number 4, na me get my choice, e no concern you. F99 ko 4-1-10 ni

grin grin angry

But woman, that your answer no follow at all.
Haba, shadow reflecting colour of an object.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by ademasta(m): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
AbaNgele:
Man 4, because he can easily move or remove his hat, nobody will see him do that because the brick is blocking him.
Weldon... You quickly modified your comment after reading mine... O shey! grin
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Kokaine(m): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2017
9jajoseph:
F99, if you are putting on White or black dress(in this case hat) would you know the difference with ur shadow reflection?
az innn
when i saw that comment ehn, i almost weeped like jesus for that persons brain. hmmm
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
ademasta:

Weldon... You quickly modified your comment after reading mine... O shey! grin
See as you dey feel like one pro grin. You no get am tongue grin

Go ask @Mega411, @daywalker12911 & @Lesky3. They are the pros cool
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by asawanathegreat(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
May God judge the judge
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by CivilianJTF(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
ademasta:
Very simple logic...
It's number 4 jare...

Why?
Because he is in a secret place, he has been protected by an obstructing wall which makes him not visible to others. So he can easily violate the rule, remove his hat and check it grin

Having done that, he communicates the colour and gets pardoned.

Ademasta has spoken!
I trust u bro

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by uche77zero(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2017
Criminal 3 and Criminal 4 are not able to tell what color hats they wear since they can see none of the others.

Criminal 1 can see Criminal 2 and Criminal 3 but is not able to tell what color hat he wears because Criminal 2 and Criminal 3 wear different color hats. So Criminal 1 will not shout out.

Then from Criminal 1's reaction, Criminal 2 is able to interpret that he (Criminal 2) and Criminal 3 wear different color hats. Since Criminal 3 wears black color hat, so Criminal 2 knows he himself wears white color hat.

So the first one to shout out the hat color is Criminal 2
Any Prize?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by daemeyer(m): 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
nastycgolden:
Four criminals are caught and are to be punished.The judge allows them to be freed if they can solve a puzzle. If they do not, they will be hung. They agreed.
The 4 criminals are lined up on some steps (shown in picture). They are all facing in the same direction. A wall separates the fourth man from the other three.
So to summarise :
Man 1 can see Man 2 and Man 3.
Man 2 can see Man 3.
Man 3 can see none of the others.
Man 4 can see none of the others.

The criminals are wearing hats. They are told that there are two white hats and two black hats. The men initially don’t know what colour hat they are wearing. They are told to shout out the colour of the hat that they are wearing as soon as they know for certain what colour it is.

They are not allowed to turn round or move. They are not allowed to talk to each other. They are not allowed to take their hats off.

Who is the first person to shout out and why?
to my understanding man 1 sees 2 people wearing white and black hats which means all he can do is guess, man 2 sees just one man wearing black hat and knowing there are 2 black hats and two white hats so definitely they can't gift man 1 with two people up front wearing 2 black hats so he's rest assured he's wearing a white hat, man 3 can see jack and man 4 can see jack as well
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2017
None
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by ademasta(m): 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
Obinoscopy:
See as you dey feel like one pro grin. You no get am tongue grin

Go ask @Mega411, @daywalker12911 & @Lesky3. They are the pros cool
grin cheesy

You mean am?
Lol
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2017
Weldone @uche77zero. You are also right!
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
ademasta:

grin cheesy

You mean am?
Lol
Yes o. I hide their posts make other people no copy am tongue grin

But I'll unhide it soon for all to see.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Noblewhiz(m): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
none

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Names Abbreviation. / One Of These Padlocks Will Unlock This Lock, Which One? / Who Can Crack The Code And Unlock The Padlock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.