Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? (34010 Views)

Who Can Interprete This Picture? / Brain Teaser: Can You Solve These Riddles? / As A Detective, How Do You Solve These? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Afam4eva(m): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
I think man 2 will shout first. I don't just now how to explain it.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by haftob(m): 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 2 will talk first and he will guess right that he is wearing a white hat. He will guess right from the refusal of Man 1 to talk first. He will notice that since Man 3 is on a black hat, Man 1 dint talk because he is not sure and that is because he is seeing that Man 2 and Man 3 are not wearing the same hat colour. If they were, wearing the same colour, he would have knew that since there were 2 colours each, then his should be of the other colour.
It is from this that Man 2 will make his assumption that Man 1 is seeing that 2 and 3 are wearing different colours and he's confused, and seeing that 3 is wearing a black colour, Man 2 will definitely guess right that he is wearing a white colour hat.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by crownedprinz(m): 9:32pm On Nov 12, 2017
Afam4eva:
I think man 2 will shout first. I don't just now how to explain it.
you are right....go to page 2 and check for my explanation
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by hopexter(m): 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
AbaNgele:
Man 4, because he can easily move or remove his hat, nobody will see him do that because the brick is blocking him.

That's Kworuption cheesy
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by kullozone(m): 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:
Man 3; because he can view number 1 and number 2 through their shadows on the wall, can also see his own shadow reflected so much so that he would see resemblance in his hat and that of the 1st man

Yekpaaa!!! This one don finish me oh! I don die cheesy
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by hooklover: 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:
Man 3; because he can view number 1 and number 2 through their shadows on the wall, can also see his own shadow reflected so much so that he would see resemblance in his hat and that of the 1st man

Have u seen shadow with color befor
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Kronical(m): 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man #2.. Time lags as Man #1 tries to figure out what Man #4 is wearing. Man #2 use that time lag to decipher that if he's wearing a black hat alongside Man #3, Man #1 would have shouted the answer..
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by braimeddy: 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
These monikers name wey u dey shout anyhow so where u for see dem cos I no fit find any of these monikers for here o.

Anyway na Man 2 go first shout
Obinoscopy:
See as you dey feel like one pro grin. You no get am tongue grin

Go ask @Mega411, @daywalker12911 & @Lesky3. They are the pros cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by FarahAideed: 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 1 .. he is the only one that can see the complete color sequence
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by hooklover: 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:

Have u seen shadow with color before
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by ademasta(m): 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2017
Lol... Oya go back from page make u go read my post very well... U will have to end up hiding it also, cos I get am cheesy
Obinoscopy:
Yes o. I hide their posts make other people no copy am tongue grin

But I'll unhide it soon for all to see.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by dammieco(m): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:
wait o. Could a shadow be colourful? Shadows are dark mehn
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2017
ademasta:
Lol... Oya go back from page make u go read my post very well... U will have to end up hiding it also, cos I get am cheesy
lol, ok o.

I have unhid their posts. Many guys don dey modify their posts grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Suavepaschal: 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by ademasta(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2017
Obinoscopy:
lol, ok o.

I have unhid their posts. Many guys don dey modify their posts grin
Chai....
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Obinoscopy(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
braimeddy:
These monikers name wey u dey shout anyhow so where u for see dem cos I no fit find any of these monikers for here o.

Anyway na Man 2 go first shout
I hide their posts make nobody copy am. But I don unhide am back.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Mypeople2(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 1 is the answer.Looking at the sequence in which the colors are placed black white black white.He will simply say his own is black i.e since man 2 is white while man 3 is black
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by saabright(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2017
billionman:
If man one doesn't shout out immediately, it will send a message to man 2 that man 1 is seeing two colours in front of him. Man 2 will then know that his hat is coloured white since he can see man 3 putting on a black hat. So man 2 will shout first if none of them is stupid enuf to just guess a colour and shout out of guess work. I hope I'm explicit enuf.

very right
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by bilal4riid(m): 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
nastycgolden:
Four criminals are caught and are to be punished.The judge allows them to be freed if they can solve a puzzle. If they do not, they will be hung. They agreed.
The 4 criminals are lined up on some steps (shown in picture). They are all facing in the same direction. A wall separates the fourth man from the other three.
So to summarise :
Man 1 can see Man 2 and Man 3.
Man 2 can see Man 3.
Man 3 can see none of the others.
Man 4 can see none of the others.

The criminals are wearing hats. They are told that there are two white hats and two black hats. The men initially don’t know what colour hat they are wearing. They are told to shout out the colour of the hat that they are wearing as soon as they know for certain what colour it is.

They are not allowed to turn round or move. They are not allowed to talk to each other. They are not allowed to take their hats off.

Who is the first person to shout out and why?
Criminal 1 can see 2 & 3, so he is 50% sure that he's wearing black/white, then criminal 2 is 100% sure he's wearing black /white based on criminal 1 assertion, then criminal 3 is 50% sure wearing black /white finally criminal 4 is 100% sure wearing black /white based on criminal 3 assertion.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Suavepaschal: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Alexandri8: 9:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:

Your shadow is coloured right?
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 12, 2017
psalmson001:
Man 2 will shout first.

Man 3 and Man 4 will not be able to tell what colour hats they are wearing since they cannot see the other men.

Man 1 can see Man 2 and Man 3 but is not able to tell what colour hat he is wearing as Man 2 and Man 3 are wearing different colour hats. So Man 1 will not shout out.

Then based on Man 1’s silence, Man 2 is able to interpret that he (Man 2) and Man 3 are wearing different colour hats. Since Man 3 is wearing a black colour hat, so Man 2 knows that he is wearing a white colour hat.

Bro yu are a genius.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
no 1 has the most chance but unfortunately, 2 and 3 are wearing different colors.

The misfortune of no 1 is a blessing in disguise for no 2, if he is not overwhelmed by the treat of impending death.

no 2 can easily tell by the silence of no 1 that him (no 2) and no 3 are not wearing the same color.

No 2 is unarguably the first to scream shout
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Suavepaschal: 9:46pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Super1759: 9:50pm On Nov 12, 2017
The criminals are wearing hats. They are told that there are two white hats and two black hats. The men initially don’t know what colour hat they are wearing. They are told to shout out the colour of the hat that they are wearing as soon as they know for certain what colour it is.

nawa for una. this is very simple.
1, They were told they have 2 whites and 2 blacks
2, only man 1 can see two people
3, He can see the colours of man 2 and 3
4, He can pick the sequence to know
5, automatically, he will know his colour and the fourth man's colour

man 1 will shout first

1 Like

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
Man 2. Because he knows that he and man 3 cannot be wearing the same color. For if they they do, then man 1, who can see both of them, should readily know the color of his hat. Man 1's silence is all the clue man 2 needs to know that he and man 3 are not wearing the same color.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by FitnessDoctor: 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:

But they said the men should should the color of the hats they see and I know that if you are seeing a shadow, then you can't see the color, and they all know that they are wearing hats according to the story.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Suavepaschal: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2017
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by FitnessDoctor: 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
ademasta:
Very simple logic...
1 & 4 are in the best position to get the answer right.

Why?
1: Because he is in the best position to see the sequence with which the hats were arranged...(Black, White, Black and White). Since he is the first person, he has two people right in front of him standing in order of White, Black...from this he will surely know he is putting on black and the other guy at the back of the wall would be putting on White.

4: Because he is in a secret place, he has been protected by an obstructing wall which makes him not visible to others. So he can easily violate the rule, remove his hat and check it grin

Having done that, he communicates the colour and gets pardoned.

Ademasta has spoken!
Nice one, but according to the story the criminals (men) are being watched, so how could he violate the rule if those who set the rule are watching him.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by luvlyADESUWA(f): 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2017
Super1759:

nawa for una. this is very simple.
1, They were told they have 2 whites and 2 blacks
2, only man 1 can see two people
3, He can see the colours of man 2 and 3
4, He can pick the sequence to know
5, automatically, he will know his colour and the fourth man's colour

man 1 will shout first

Its true that man1 can see 2 and 3, what if man 2 is white and man 3 is black?

It automatically means he won't know his colour
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by MTKbudapest(m): 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
vivie01:

Does shadow reflect with color?
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by gracephysics(m): 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2017
scaramucci:
Man 2. Because he knows that he and man 3 cannot be wearing the same color. For if they they do, then man 1, who can see both of them, should readily know the color of his hat. Man 1's silence is all the clue man 2 needs to know that he and man 3 are not wearing the same color.
very good analysis I support this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Names Abbreviation. / One Of These Padlocks Will Unlock This Lock, Which One? / Who Can Crack The Code And Unlock The Padlock?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.