Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? - Forum Games (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? (34008 Views)

Who Can Interprete This Picture? / Brain Teaser: Can You Solve These Riddles? / As A Detective, How Do You Solve These? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by franklingud(m): 6:24am On Nov 13, 2017
vivie01:

Why dont you talk your own and just let my own answer be now

No be aproko you dey do so sad , if I like, I will pick number 4, na me get my choice, e no concern you. F99 ko 4-1-10 ni
Lolzzzzz!
Una no go kill me for nairaland.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Kokaine(m): 7:24am On Nov 13, 2017
vivie01:

OMG! undecided Why evils now, Weed? All the ones I was getting right, you guys didnt see them ohhh. cheesy ....You didnt read a place where Jesus said 'weep for urself'

Quit that weed, forum games section needs you to come and be exercising your brain. Better to try than to make no effort at all. Dont be afraid of failure, it can only make you come out a better person man!

Shervy where are you? These pple wan finish me with yabbing here ooo angry undecided sad

how did you manage to see my comment even when i didnt quote you.
but seriously if you can know colours from shadows, you are a witch lol. hope youre not from edo state sha.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by adanny01(m): 7:36am On Nov 13, 2017
1 will shout out first.

Reason is that, 1 knows for sure 2 out of 4 answers and the last 2 answers is just him and 4. He is more likely to logically know that he just has a choice to choose black or whites and he will certainly choose black since the order is 2-white, 3-black so 1 must be black and 4 must be white. Others may delay because they may not conclusively decide based on facts the right answer in good time but 1 knows almost instantly the logical answer.

3 cannot see anybody either but can hear 1 and 2. He may likely delay his answer trying to get a clue from answers of 1 and 2.

2 will likely want to hear from 1 so he will delay his answer.

4 knows there is a wall behind him, so he cannot see or hear the others behind him. He is more likely to ponder for a minute and just guess without any fact to his choice.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by excel101(m): 8:11am On Nov 13, 2017
Man 2 will shout first. Reasons are;

man 1 should have shouted first cos he can see both colours of man 1&3, but he couldnt,

Man 2 thoughts, man 1 not shouting first meant that him (man 2) & man 3 are having ifferent colours and since he (man 2) can see man 3 colour of hat (black) it meant that his (man 2) colour will be white. So man 2 will shout first.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by excel101(m): 8:16am On Nov 13, 2017
AbaNgele:
Man 4, because he can easily move or remove his hat, nobody will see him do that because the brick is blocking him.
Wayo man
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by vivie01(f): 8:20am On Nov 13, 2017

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by rubenic(m): 8:41am On Nov 13, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Same argument is applicable to man 1 though even moreso
I don't think so sir.
Man 1 can see the hat on man 2 and man 3
Man 2 has a white hat while man 3 has black
The two remain hats has to be a black and a white
So, man 3 has a probabability of 1/2 to choose either of the hats
Man 2 on the other hand has a higher chance ( 2/3 ) of guessing the right hat (white).
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by vivie01(f): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2017

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by vivie01(f): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2017
freeman95:

U sound pained grin
Not at all! Just catching fun and trying to pull his legs! tongue
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by freeman95(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2017
vivie01:

Not at all! Just catching fun and trying to pull his legs! tongue

tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by jobbers: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2017
I just did
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by 9jajoseph: 9:27am On Nov 13, 2017
MrSea:

she is thinking like them ooh
#SlayQ
hahaha, her mouth bad ooo
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by vivie01(f): 9:32am On Nov 13, 2017
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by vivie01(f): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2017
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by NnamdiCheges(m): 9:34am On Nov 13, 2017
Man 1
because he's bn informed there're 2 whites & 2 blacks. He sees Man 3 dat wore one of d black.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by wissenschaften(m): 9:35am On Nov 13, 2017
mega411:
man 2 will shout first.
Reason: he knows man 1 can see his hat and that of man3, so if him and man 3 are wearing thesame colour of hat man 1 would have shouted since there are just two blacks and two whites. Man 1's silence will mean him and man 3 are wearing different colour of hat and he can see man 3's hat.
YOU ARE THE "WORSHIPFUL MASTER". YOU HAVE MY RESPECT. DAMN!!!
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by freeman95(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2017
vivie01:

cool cool tongue

See tongue grin

Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Emmaxmusic(m): 9:52am On Nov 13, 2017
9jajoseph:
F99, if you are putting on White or black dress(in this case hat) would you know the difference with ur shadow reflection?
do we now have coloured shadow
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Tellemall: 10:08am On Nov 13, 2017
9jajoseph:
F99, if you are putting on White or black dress(in this case hat) would you know the difference with ur shadow reflection?

ask her please
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Tellemall: 10:08am On Nov 13, 2017
9jajoseph:

Imagine shadows telling colors. And what is shocking is the twenty or so other people who reason that way, too.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 13, 2017
Man 2. He knows that if he had a black hat on like man 3, then Man 1 would have known the colour of his own hat. The fact that Man 1 did not shout out, proves that Man 2 ans Man 3 have different coloured hats, and since Man 2 can see that Man 3 has a black hat, he will know that his is white.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Alohaa: 10:35am On Nov 13, 2017
man four will shout out first
because he can't see the rest but with his idea that the other three are behind him wearing their caps, with him wearing his own cap he has the highest probability to guess
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Horlufemi(m): 11:07am On Nov 13, 2017
4 can't see the other three due to the wall so he can't guess. 3 also can't see due to the wall. I eliminate 4 and 3. For 2, he knows 3 is wearing white hat. But how could he knows he is wearing black? For 1, if 2 hat is white then 1 hat is black. But if 1's is black and 2's is white then, he would be able to know. If the two in front have white hats then, he will answer first and say 'Mine is black'. But properly, 2 is aware of 1's hesitation , 'Ah~ 1 is also white'.Then, 2 will answer 'Mine is black'. So the answer is 2.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Kokaine(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2017
vivie01:

angry angry embarassed undecided

Okay, its like some are not been realistic and also thinking much deeper here!!!!! Please know that there could be more than one answer to a riddle sometimes.

Now, firstly, there was no mention in the riddle about the type of demarcation or wall in-between the 4th criminal and others; it could be a wall all made of transparent glass, and secondly, no mention of the time of the day in which the criminals were arraigned, it could be a sunny period of the day.

Now let's imagine these two scenario, is it not possible for the third criminal to be the first to shout here sad . I thought we have science students and great thinkers here? undecided tongue

Sad enough, many that quoted my mention did not even attempt the riddle at all, but were very quick to pass judgement. I leave you all to your conscience! Afterall, I attempted it, even if its not right now, it can only make me better! sad

If you like yab me till tomorrow, na you get your MB wey you dey waste tongue
no you said shadow. please lets not argue. we are only humans we make mistakes.
lets be friends.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Chyxki: 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2017
HERE IS THE ULTIMATE REPLY cool cool

MAN 2

This is because man 2 is thinking why man 1 has not yet shouted despite seeing the colours of two different hats (of man 2 and of man 3).Then man 2 would say to himself:

"Man 1 cannot determine the colour of his own hat because his chance at it is still 50/50. The only reason his chance remains 50/50 is that I and man 3 are wearing different coloured hats. However, for me I think I know the colour of the hat that I am wearing because the guy right in front of me is wearing black, and the guy right behind me is not shouting because he clearly sees that I and man 3 are wearing different coloured hats; which has made it impossible for him to tell the colour of his. So, since man 3 is wearing black, I take my chance - WHITE is the colour of my hat!"

Then he's 100% correct, and therefore saves the day!
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Psoul(m): 12:29pm On Nov 13, 2017
AbaNgele:
Man 4, because he can easily move or remove his hat, nobody will see him do that because the brick is blocking him.

So you never leave this expo wey you dey do back den in school.

Exam says, don't move, don't remove your hat. Nawaa for you ooo.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by adanny01(m): 12:43pm On Nov 13, 2017
rubenic:

I don't think so sir.
Man 1 can see the hat on man 2 and man 3
Man 2 has a white hat while man 3 has black
The two remain hats has to be a black and a white
So, man 3 has a probabability of 1/2 to choose either of the hats
Man 2 on the other hand has a higher chance ( 2/3 ) of guessing the right hat (white).

Have you forgotten that they are not supposed to look back? Man 2 cannot turn and see man 1 and man 3 cannot turn and see botb 1 and 2. Only man 1 can see 2 criminals at the same time guess his own colour due to logical reason.
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by kiddapunk: 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2017
mega411:
man 2 will shout first.
Reason: he knows man 1 can see his hat and that of man3, so if him and man 3 are wearing thesame colour of hat man 1 would have shouted since there are just two blacks and two whites. Man 1's silence will mean him and man 3 are wearing different colour of hat and he can see man 3's hat.
your explanation is wrong cos he still won't know his colour
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
9jajoseph:

You be olodo , person get the riddle you still dey castigate am
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2017
kiddapunk:
your explanation is wrong cos he still won't know his colour

of course he knows his colour. Maybe be didn't explain well , Man 1 would have shouted if he had seen either 2 black hats or 2 white hats , if he sees two black hats that means he and Man 4 are wearing white ( since there are 2 white hats and 2 black hats ) , the same goes if he had seen 2 white hats which in turn means he's wearing a black hat definitely. Do you get it up to here ?. This can only mean he sees a white hat ( which is on Man 2 ) and a black hat ( which is on Man 3 ) , not knowing which colour he's wearing he keeps quiet. Man 2 picks up on this and realises Man 1 is seeing two different colours , seeing Man 3 has a black hat on he concludes he can only be wearing a white hat so he speaks up.
Very easy to solve
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by 9jajoseph: 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2017
neoapocalypse:

You be olodo , person get the riddle you still dey castigate am
Guy go appeal to your village people, them dey gamble with your sense
Re: Can You Solve This Picture Riddle? by makky555(f): 1:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
You didn't choose to ignore me embarassed.... Cuz If you did you won't quote me... tongue tongue tongue

I choose to ignore you ! Think girl and come up with your own answer!
[/quote]

Well I think my answer is 1... smiley

Learn to be nice. Everything is nor fight wink

Funny Names Abbreviation. / One Of These Padlocks Will Unlock This Lock, Which One? / Who Can Crack The Code And Unlock The Padlock?