Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety (28149 Views)

Why I Can No Longer Be Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety – Abaribe / Nnamdi Kanu's Surety, Enyinnaya Abaribe Appears Before Abuja High Court / Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by anonymuz(m): 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
andyanders:
In fact, Enyinnaya Abaribe is a disgrace to himself, family, community he represents and the house of assembly that he is a serving senator.

Is he now saying that he does not understand the gravity of the offence he has committed by standing as a guarantor to a criminal known as Nnamdi Kanu that nature has deformed, walking like a ghost with a walking stick at his age?

Abaribe should be arrested by the authorities and MUST produce Nnamdi Kanu whether dead or alive. He signed his bail bond and should produce him. He should have known the implication of his action before signing for him. I believe that the school he went to did not pass through him as he lacks knowledge.

Abaribe should be arrested. He should be arrested anywhere he is even when he is at the national assembly premises.
what is this one saying
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by msld: 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
adanny01:

Your common sense needs prayers.

Anyone who signs surety for the person he cannot produce has signed away his hard earned money and reputation. It is imaterial that the Army raided his house. As long as the army didnot officially say they have arrested Kanu, no court can free his sureties. If Kanu is dead, his death certificate will free Abaribe. If Kanu is with DSS, Army, Prison, Police or any lawemforcement withing Nigeria, Abaribe can get free.

But even if Kanu speaks on radio, appears on TV, grant interviews to news media without showing up in court, Abaribe cannot get away.

Its either the FG has Kanu or have Ababribe's 100m. That was what Abaribe signed, no going back.

When my mum signed surety for our neighbour to get roofing sheets on credit from an Igbo trader even after our warning, she was compeled by the court to pay for the roof over our neighbours head. There was no going back and the court agreed with that Igbo trader.

Its no different with Abaribe's case, dont ever sign surety for what you cannot guarantee. Let this episode teach you a vital lesson.

Modified

Let me add this definition of surety

In other words, Abaribe is legally reponsible for Kanu's obligation to appear in court and becomes liable that Kanu has not oblidge to his summons. His liability is forfeiture of the bail bonds, 100milly.

Go get a chair and have some rest and let the lawyers talk.

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by PDPGuy: 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2017
msld:

As a lawyer you are, you do not know that exigent circumstances prevails as a precedence. The invasion of his house by armed men, absolves all bail sureties from any liability. Is for Nigeria army to explain the reason of the invasion, to destroy evidence, to carry out extra judicial killing or to manipulate justice process. First year law student will thrash that ruling in a higher court easily.
Till Nigeria army present Kanu, sureties can sleep fine, the judiciary does not listen to sentiments or news.

Well, if the Nigerian Army has Kanu in custody, it would have been announced to the public.
After all, his group is now legally recognized as a terrorist organization (which I disagree with), and thus, the Nigerian Army has the authority to go after the leader of the said terrorist organization.

Moreover, it will hr tough to prove, in court, that the alleged invasion of Kanu’s home by the Army is the actual and/or proximate cause of Kanu’s failure to appear before the FHC.

So, the FG could argue that exigent circumstances does not apply here.

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by blacknp(m): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
msld:

Oga, backyard lawyer, the lady of justice is blindfolded because sentiments and emotion have no place in a law court. As long as the army invaded his house and he has not been seen since then, it is the prosecutor job to provide Kanu now.
Keep massaging your false ego,same way you were bragging some weeks ago that the Federal Government was afraid of kanu and cannot touch him,now you are crying about his whereabouts?Mr lawyer you should know that proving the army allegedly invaded kanu's house and violated his fundamental rights is another court case that has nothing to do with the present suit in front of Justice Nyako and as you rightfully said justice is blindfolded so she is not aware of any army invasion.

If you disturb and breach the peace irrespective of whether you are on bail for another crime committed,you will be investigated and arrested if need be without recourse. Only a Fool will think a Federal High Court will rule against the Federal Government and The Military when it comes to cases of national security.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by billyG(m): 9:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
person wey agst all common sense go bath pig,#100m don vanish kpokum!

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
adanny01:

Anyone who signs surety for the person he cannot produce has signed away his hard earned money and reputation. It is imaterial that the Army raided his house. As long as the army didnot officially say they have arrested Kanu, no court can free his sureties. If Kanu is dead, his death certificate will free Abaribe. If Kanu is with DSS, Army, Prison, Police or any lawemforcement withing Nigeria, Abaribe can get free.

But even if Kanu speaks on radio, appears on TV, grant interviews to news media without showing up in court, Abaribe cannot get away.

Its either the FG has Kanu or have Ababribe's 100m. That was what Abaribe signed, no going back.

When my mum signed surety for our neighbour to get roofing sheets on credit from an Igbo trader even after our warning, she was compeled by the court to pay for the roof over our neighbours head. There was no going back and the court agreed with that Igbo trader.

Its no different with Abaribe's case, dont ever sign surety for what you cannot guarantee. Let this episode teach you a vital lesson.

Modified

In other words, Abaribe is legally reponsible for Kanu's obligation to appear in court and becomes liable after Kanu did not oblidge his court summons. His liability is forfeiture of the bail bonds, 100milly.

More blessing follow you!

3 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by maasoap(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2017
anyebedgreat:
Hahahahaha.
It's just like betting on a game and then going to cancel your bet like 5 minutes to the end of the match because you are loosing.

In response, the judge said: “Even if you apply from today till next year, this court will only have one of these three options for you: produce the defendant, pay the bond or demand for time to come and explain to court.”
Many think that he has already paid but no. Well, it is going to be interesting because his accounts may be frozen and properties confiscated if judge should decline the request and deadline to produce Kanu expires.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by kcmichael: 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
Chai wailing wailer,abaribe don enter one chance

3 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Icecream4U(m): 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
This is a simple case na.

Senator Abaribe should promise to give 10million Naira to anyone that can help him get nnamdi Kanu.

I tell you, In a twinkle of an eye, ipob will produce nnamdi Kanu in this manner:

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Streetgent: 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2017
Palaver:
N100m don go be that o.

Something wey e for use stake
Feyenoord v shakter Donetsk - 0 2.5
ManCity v Napoli - 0 2.5
Maribor v Liverpool - 0 2.5
Leipzig v Porto - 0 2.5

Use am win N1bn angry
I must confess,your comment na comment of the year! angry cool angry cool

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by msld: 9:10pm On Oct 17, 2017
adanny01:

Your comment seem to be ambiguous but if i get it well, you really do not expect a surety to be free when he signed an undertaking to produce the accused.

Abaribe needs to bring Kanu and ask the court to free him. No judge will refuse that.

If Abaribe goes, who will be held to produce Kanu? I am shocked you can even think in that direction.

For sure, you are not a lawyer, if you are a lawyer, return your certificate because you do not deserve it. Don't you know the difference between facts and sentiment? The fact is this, Nigeria army invaded his house and he has not been seen since then, the Federal government is prosecuting Kanu and Nigeria army is arm of the federal Government, it is now the duty of the prosecutor (FG) to present Kanu or tell the court what happened to the person that should stand before the court to answer for his crimes. There are up to 3 writs that can be issued to the FG to provide Kanu, Habeas Corpus being the first of it. The young man played the FG and FG fell for it.

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by msld: 9:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
PDPGuy:

Well, if the Nigerian Army has Kanu in custody, it would have been announced to the public.
After all, his group is now legally recognized as a terrorist organization (which I disagree with), and thus, the Nigerian Army has the authority to go after the leader of the said terrorist organization.

Moreover, it will hr tough to prove, in court, that the alleged invasion of Kanu’s home by the Army is the actual and/or proximate cause of Kanu’s failure to appear before the FHC.

So, the FG could argue that exigent circumstances does not apply here.

The reason you are not supposed to be a lawyer. "It would have been announced publicly" really?? I feel sad for your clients. The onus is not on the defence now, is on the prosecutor FG that invaded his house to prove that he is not in their custody but the facts speaks for itself and the fact is this, they invaded his house, they now must provide information on where he is.

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by bakila: 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
MabraO:
I wonder the kinda lawyer that told him he can withdraw himself as surety from cownu case.
Next tine use ur head.
Go and produce that coward u dumb mother effer
You bring case, lawyer collect case and money. Wetin be lawyer fault? Law School fees is expensive and fools must atime help lawyers recoup their investment.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by zoedew: 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2017
adanny01:

Modified

In other words, Abaribe is legally reponsible for Kanu's obligation to appear in court and becomes liable after Kanu did not oblidge his court summons. His liability is forfeiture of the bail bonds, 100milly.

Not to worry. Nnamdi Kanu appears to be suffering from PPD and won’t keep quiet for long. Saddam Hussein screamed “mother of all battles” but was smoked of a foxhole where he hid in a manner befitting the coward he was. In like manner Muammar Ghadaffi in boxers was smoked out of the gutter where he hid. Adolfo Hitler was not man enough to stand in defence of his murderous ways and committed suicide. Osma bin Laden lived behind curtains for about a decade secretly keeping his children and wives from being suicide bombers while the pant bomber was on the prowl until it was no easy day when he died by the gun he lived by. Nnamdi Kanu’s trajectory will not be any different unless he repents and recants his PPD induced utterances etched on YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Mccullum: 9:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
He'll regret his standing for rebel.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Mccullum: 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2017
He'll regret his standing for rebel.
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by winningwinner(m): 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
MabraO:
I wonder the kinda lawyer that told him he can withdraw himself as surety from cownu case.
Next tine use ur head.

Did you write with your anus? You think you are wise. But wait, your generation is in a big trouble because you lack truth. Did the Senator Abaribe invite the military to invade Kanu's house; assuming they had killed him during the unfortunate raid in his house, now who produces him to face trial? Learn to recognize truth and speak it when you see it no matter who is involved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by anyebedgreat: 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
maasoap:

Many think that he has already paid but no. Well, it is going to be interesting because his accounts may be frozen and properties confiscated if judge should decline the request and deadline to produce Kanu expires.
Didn't he deposit the money already?
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by freshboi88: 9:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
msld:

As a lawyer you are, you do not know that exigent circumstances prevails as a precedence. The invasion of his house by armed men, absolves all bail sureties from any liability. Is for Nigeria army to explain the reason of the invasion, to destroy evidence, to carry out extra judicial killing or to manipulate justice process. First year law student will thrash that ruling in a higher court easily.
Till Nigeria army present Kanu, sureties can sleep fine, the judiciary does not listen to sentiments or news.

Guy y u no get brain

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by freshboi88: 9:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
ruffhandu:
Many of you guys don't understand what's playing out here, shown by your comments.

Abaribe is invariably saying : "FG, since you tagged the person I suretied a terrorist, I am no longer interested. Also, he went missing since the army went shooting in his house, let the army produce him".

His argument is logical.

But the army didn't stand surety for the man....senator did, he has to prove army abducted him

3 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by PDPGuy: 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
msld:

The reason you are not supposed to be a lawyer. "It would have been announced publicly" really?? I feel sad for your clients. The onus is not on the defence now, is on the prosecutor FG that invaded his house to prove that he is not in their custody but the facts speaks for itself and the fact is this, they invaded his house, they now must provide information on where he is.

As of now, I’m not a lawyer. But if the FG has Kanu in military custody, it doesn’t make much sense for the same FG to prevent his appearance in court.

Or is the government so desperate to forfeit Senator Abaribe’s N100 million, that it would play dirty tricks in this matter?

The issue, here, is that for some reason, Mr Kanu seems to have jumped bail. If he has been kidnapped, then the folks who posted bond would appropriately argue that exigent circumstances exist because, for all we know, he could even be dead.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by winningwinner(m): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
adanny01:

Your comment seem to be ambiguous but if i get it well, you really do not expect a surety to be free when he signed an undertaking to produce the accused.

Abaribe needs to bring Kanu and ask the court to free him. No judge will refuse that.

If Abaribe goes, who will be held to produce Kanu? I am shocked you can even think in that direction.
I'm more than shocked that you are threading on the path of vendatta. Did the Senator invite the military to raid Kanu's house? Assuming that Kanu is dead, who produces him? Reason with your head and not your anus!

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Yuji: 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
freshboi88:

But the army didn't stand surety for the man....senator did, he has to prove army abducted him
Very funny! Videos and pictures of the invasion of his home by the army is all over the net. So what is there to prove?
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by bladeAnders(m): 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
Icecream4U:

Senator Abaribe should promise to give 10million Naira to anyone that can help him get nnamdi Kanu.

I tell you, In a twinkle of an eye, ipob will produce nnamdi Kanu in this manner:

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Donkay82: 9:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
Icecream4U:

grin grin grin you nor go keep quiete for serious mata abi Nor kii me with laff abeg
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
MabraO:
Next tine use ur head.
i think u are d coward. .......you are in a country with nothing to b proud of, leaders misbehaving and nobody to correct dem.

Kanu came up with dis and u are calling him a coward.

#u are dumb
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Xionez(m): 9:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Icecream4U:

grin grin grin
Nigerians no get joy.

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by marv1: 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
fabiano09:
It will be a shame for any learned individual whether for or against the federal government to support the judges decision not to grant their prayers,to be honest partisan politics by our learned judges have all but ruined this old profession of law in naija,out judicial system has become a joke,justice Binta nyako is a disgrace to the profession, history will judge them.
You people will never cease to be funny. You are calling a justice name again after a document has been signed and entered into.
I dey laugh in Latin. I innhffccrddrgg. Blackmailing or name calling can't solve the problem on ground because these factors got this problem to where it is today. So get that straight..
So Kanu, his lawyer and the three sureties should be ready for a long battle in court. When you are looking for trouble while trouble sit down jeje you only know the beginning of the trouble but you may not know the end. So let them enjoy their stay in court.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by anyebedgreat: 9:53pm On Oct 17, 2017
msld:

Let me help you, first Kanu's father's house where nnamdi kanu lives was raided by the military i. e security operatives (a very legal act) and not criminals and they have made it clear that no one was shot and also, they don't have the guy in custody. If some hoodlums in arms had invaded the house, then it will have been that the government failed to provide security for him and then something happened to him. And mind you, men of the army are sworn officers of the law so whatever they tell the court, is what the court will go by.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Iolo(m): 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2017
msld:

Interesting argument on both sides.

While I agree that the Army’s invasion didn’t help, the onus does not shift automatically to the prosecuting team. The defense team must prove beyond reasonable doubt with evidence that (1) Kanu was present in that location when the Army invaded and (2) that the Army has possession of Kanu at the moment.

To the best of my knowledge the Army is yet to acknowledge they have him. They only mentioned searching his home sometime this week which is several days after the fracas preceding Kanus disappearance. The Judge would be wrong to absolve the sureties based on unproven conjectures, hence responsible for producing Kanu will continue to remain with the sureties.

5 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by MikkyT1(m): 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2017
Palaver:
N100m don go be that o.

Something wey e for use stake
Feyenoord v shakter Donetsk - 0 2.5
ManCity v Napoli - 0 2.5
Maribor v Liverpool - 0 2.5
Leipzig v Porto - 0 2.5

Use am win N1bn angry

Hahaha...you no well at all

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by QuestSeeker: 10:11pm On Oct 17, 2017
msld:

My brother I need not remind you that Nigeria judicial system operates on the basis of presumption of innocence!

Therefore, to hinge Kanu's non-appearance in court and discharge Abaribe from his liability would mean that Abaribe's team needs to prove beyond reasonable doubt that FG has Kanu's in her custody. That may be a tough call.

You and I know that legality differs from morality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Reasons Why Judgment Nullifying My Candidacy Won’t Stand — Adeleke / Senators Scheming To Oust Akpabio Hire Marabouts, Plot To Crush Tinubu's Govt / The Fear Of Buhari Whips Nigeria Into Shape, &Africa Just Might Be Carried Along

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.