Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety (28154 Views)

Why I Can No Longer Be Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety – Abaribe / Nnamdi Kanu's Surety, Enyinnaya Abaribe Appears Before Abuja High Court / Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by ruffhandu: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
freshboi88:

But the army didn't stand surety for the man....senator did, he has to prove army abducted him

He doesn't have to prove that. Rather, the army would have to prove that they didn't abduct him, the whole world saw what they did to his home.
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
mcquin:
Let me hear IPOB label him an afonja.

Python dance was a master stroke.
No it wasn't, Buhari merely fell inside Nnamdi Kanu's trap grin
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by mcquin(m): 10:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
GoroTango:
No it wasn't, Buhari merely fell inside Nnamdi Kanu's trap grin

Rotflmao. I can feel the zoo burning, abeg pour water for my body.

I hope Kanu's trap gets Buhari in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Tunbolity(m): 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
anonymuz:
very logical
BTW, Abaribe's application is an abuse of court process, you have not produced the person you stand surety for in court and you want to withdraw your suretiship, it is like setting the cart before the horse. He should first ensure the attendance of Kanu in court, and therefore inform the court even orally without any written application that he wishes to withdraw, the court has no choice at that stage to grant his wish, and would revoke Kanu's bail immediately

3 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Torylanez(m): 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
fabiano09:
It will be a shame for any learned individual whether for or against the federal government to support the judges decision not to grant their prayers,to be honest partisan politics by our learned judges have all but ruined this old profession of law in naija,out judicial system has become a joke,justice Binta nyako is a disgrace to the profession, history will judge them.

where's kanu?

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Tisham20(m): 11:43pm On Oct 17, 2017
I don't give a puck if i do i don't
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by adanny01(m): 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
winningwinner:

I'm more than shocked that you are threading on the path of vendatta. Did the Senator invite the military to raid Kanu's house? Assuming that Kanu is dead, who produces him? Reason with your head and not your anus!

So because a senator has signed surety for him, he now becomes untouchable, abi?

Assuming Kanu is dead, death certificate will be issued, dumbass.

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by adanny01(m): 11:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
msld:

For sure, you are not a lawyer, if you are a lawyer, return your certificate because you do not deserve it. Don't you know the difference between facts and sentiment? The fact is this, Nigeria army invaded his house and he has not been seen since then, the Federal government is prosecuting Kanu and Nigeria army is arm of the federal Government, it is now the duty of the prosecutor (FG) to present Kanu or tell the court what happened to the person that should stand before the court to answer for his crimes. There are up to 3 writs that can be issued to the FG to provide Kanu, Habeas Corpus being the first of it. The young man played the FG and FG fell for it.

FG fell for it mean while Abaribe is about to lose his 100milly while you are posting "Habeas Corpus".

And they judge doesnt seem to buy into you Hebeas what?

Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday ordered Senator Eyninnaya Abaribe, and two others standing as sureties for the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, to explain the IPOB leader’s whereabouts. Kanu who was granted bail by the judge on April 24, 2017, was absent from court on Tuesday when his trial was billed to commence. But his three co-defendants were produced in court by prison officials.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by MabraO: 11:59pm On Oct 17, 2017
winningwinner:

Did you write with your anus? You think you are wise. But wait, your generation is in a big trouble because you lack truth. Did the Senator Abaribe invite the military to invade Kanu's house; assuming they had killed him during the unfortunate raid in his house, now who produces him to face trial? Learn to recognize truth and speak it when you see it no matter who is involved.

When the coward was spewing trash why didn’t this dumb man call him to order?
Now garri don pass water he is talking if withdrawing. Cownu must come out from his hiding place.
I lol support the military to decapitate him

3 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by One4me: 12:28am On Oct 18, 2017
jstbeinhonest:
Did Abaribe just call Kanu a terrorist?

YES

He said the court should not expect him to produce a terrorist in court.. grin grin

What l think would happen next is that the coward will continue to hide and thus put all his sureties in problem.
The Sureties in turn, can leak the whereabouts of Kanu to the Nigerian Govt who will them look into crating him to court.
If they fail to produce him in court, the Sureties will forfiet their Bail Bonds and cannot stand surety for another criminal in future.

In addition, the defendant ( Coward, Nazi Nnamdi kanu) will be declared wanted and a Bench Warrant issued for his summary arrest, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME he is located.
Nigerian Govt can then put his name on the INTERPOL wanted list such that if he travels anywhere, he will be flagged by InterPol and arrested as a fugutive from the Law.

You see why it is not good to start what you cant finish?
Pride goes before a Big Fall.

Funny that all his boastful supporters have refused to show face at the Court today! Na so the fear don reach? shocked shocked shocked
Even on Nairaland, no one is brave enough to claim membership of IPOB, as they use todo in the past! grin grin

This Python sabi dance Skelewu too much
. undecided undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by toloskhati(m): 12:32am On Oct 18, 2017
The most unlearned judge will certainly grant his prayers. This also is a litmus test for the judiciary. It is the magic mirror through which Buhari will be tried in relation to his 1983-84 government. Too bad for my great party to defend in the next electioneering campaign.
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by One4me: 12:37am On Oct 18, 2017
ruffhandu:

He doesn't have to prove that. Rather, the army would have to prove that they didn't abduct him, the whole world saw what they did to his home.

Only an illietrate talks like this!

If you make an assertion or accusation (Army killed or abducted Kanu), you have to prove it in court otherwise, it is called false accusation.

Saying the Army invaded kanus house (which we all knwo is not even true) is NOT PROOF that the Army abducted or killed him.

Army has nothing t prove.
They were doing their normal "exercise" on the streets when the Kanu and his IPOB supporters attacked the Army.
The PROOF of this is in many recorded video of the attack

Now, show us a Video of the Army "handling, beating, abducting or killing Kanu", then you would have proved you rpoint.

Law is not about Emotions or Sentiments, it is about HARD FACTS.

5 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 18, 2017
Am surprise most Nigerians don't know when their called law is being twisted.....it not u today....it might tomorrow....what is bad is bad no matter whose it's been done to.....BINTA SAID HE DON'T CARE TO HEAR ABOUT INVASION OF ARMY IN KANUS HOUSE....INSTEAD OF ASKING TYE QUESTION WHERE IS KANU AFTER ARMY INVADED HIS HOUSE..... KNOWING FULLY WELL KANU WAS IN HIS HOUSE AND NEVER WAS SEEN AFTER THE ARMY SHOOTING IN HIS HOUSE....I have realise there's no god of justice.....we serve the justice our selves.....SOON BIAFRA WILL START SERVING THAT JUSTICE
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by One4me: 12:50am On Oct 18, 2017
msld:

For sure, you are not a lawyer, if you are a lawyer, return your certificate because you do not deserve it. Don't you know the difference between facts and sentiment? The fact is this, Nigeria army invaded his house and he has not been seen since then, the Federal government is prosecuting Kanu and Nigeria army is arm of the federal Government, it is now the duty of the prosecutor (FG) to present Kanu or tell the court what happened to the person that should stand before the court to answer for his crimes. There are up to 3 writs that can be issued to the FG to provide Kanu, Habeas Corpus being the first of it. The young man played the FG and FG fell for it.

fabiano09:

if u are a lawyer plz burn your certificate,you are among the problem of Nigeria, I do not support biafra for your info,our problem is bad leadership,but common sense applies in law,a man is expected to appear in court so so date, the federal government invades his house and he hasn't been seen since,what does your mind tell you? why do u think lawyers have lost all respect in naija? because of things like this

I hope two of you are not claiming to be Lawyers otherwise, Law School must close down ASAP! grin grin grin
The law is blind, deaf and a statue. Now tell me if anyone in such state can be assumed to have or use "COMMON SENSE"? undecided undecided grin grin
That is why it is said that 'The law is an Azz, you can ride on it'.

Th duty of PROOF, lies on the accuser.

If anyone accuses the Fed. Govt or arresting, beating, abducting or killing, LET THE PERSON SHOW PROOF.

Without PROOF, any other thing said falls into the realm of "commentaries and sentiments".

4 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by One4me: 12:52am On Oct 18, 2017
ezenwajosh:
Am surprise most Nigerians don't know when their called law is being twisted.....it not u today....it might tomorrow....what is bad is bad no matter whose it's been done to.....BINTA SAID HE DON'T CARE TO HEAR ABOUT INVASION OF ARMY IN KANUS HOUSE....INSTEAD OF ASKING TYE QUESTION WHERE IS KANU AFTER ARMY INVADED HIS HOUSE..... KNOWING FULLY WELL KANU WAS IN HIS HOUSE AND NEVER WAS SEEN AFTER THE ARMY SHOOTING IN HIS HOUSE....I have realise there's no god of justice.....we serve the justice our selves.....SOON BIAFRA WILL START SERVING THAT JUSTICE

You see what we say about you people being too emotional?
How can you say or PROVE that the Judge knew that Kanu was in his house during the Army search?

Just prove it here and right now or forever remain silent
. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by freshboi88: 5:14am On Oct 18, 2017
Yuji:

Very funny! Videos and pictures of the invasion of his home by the army is all over the net. So what is there to prove?

Videos and pictures all over the net of the army in his home doesn't prove the army abducted him....he could have escaped or wasn't even home wen d army got to his home......in court u prove beyond reasonable doubt...I have raised two other possibilities that that ur video ur claiming as evidence puts forward... He could have escaped or wasn't even home in d first place

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by tobiasbeecher: 5:19am On Oct 18, 2017
adanny01:

Your comment seem to be ambiguous but if i get it well, you really do not expect a surety to be free when he signed an undertaking to produce the accused.

Abaribe needs to bring Kanu and ask the court to free him. No judge will refuse that.

If Abaribe goes, who will be held to produce Kanu? I am shocked you can even think in that direction.
And I more shocked that people like you are plenty in this useless country. So after reading what Abaribe said your mind didn't tell you he was cashing in the confusion of Kanu's whereabouts as caused by the military. Read what he said again, but slowly and carefully you will see he has indicted the federal govt and shifting the responsibility of producing Kanu to them. The Army invaded his house, there was a shootout, people were killed and the govt consequently labelled Ipob a terrorist organisation and you still want him to produce somebody that may have been killed or in the custody of the security agencies? His responsibility of producing Nnmadi Kanu was forfeited immediately the army invaded his house and shot people indiscriminately and the federal govt labelling Ipob a terrorist organisation or do you want an ordinary senator that doesn't have any army or police to go and catch a leader of a terrorist organisation? The law is not emotional as most of you are wont to be, it works on logic.
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by tobiasbeecher: 5:23am On Oct 18, 2017
blacknp:

Even if they produce kanu today senator abaribe has lost that his 100 million naira he put up for bail,the court will sit on the money for a longtime and use the money to yield interest,it is probably senator abaribe's children that will collect the money after numerous court cases in future

Anyone that associates with that clown of a miscreant nnamdi kanu risks dragging their names into the mud,anyway whenever the court sets it's eyes on Kanu his bail will be revoked and he will be going back to Kuje prison Abuja from wherever the Department of State Security is holding him today
Oh, you know the DSS is holding him and you still expect the surety to produce him? shocked shocked Chai, we are finished in this country!
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by freshboi88: 5:29am On Oct 18, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

And I more shocked that people like you are plenty in this useless country. So after reading what Abaribe said your mind didn't tell you he was cashing in the confusion of Kanu's whereabouts as caused by the military. Read what he said again, but slowly and carefully you will see he has indicted the federal govt and shifting the responsibility of producing Kanu to them. The Army invaded his house, there was a shootout, people were killed and the govt consequently labelled Ipob a terrorist organisation and you still want him to produce somebody that may have been killed or in the custody of the security agencies? His responsibility of producing Nnmadi Kanu was forfeited immediately the army invaded his house and shot people indiscriminately and the federal govt labelling Ipob a terrorist organisation or do you want an ordinary senator that doesn't have any army or police to go and catch a leader of a terrorist organisation? The law is not emotional as most of you are wont to be, it works on logic.

This one nah story, judge gave him three options, u either produce the man, or forfeit your 100mil or ask for more time to produce him, wen his lawyer said he can't take any of those options, because of the military invasion...the judge threw that thrash excuse...his lawyer had to take d third option....so ur talking rubbish

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by tobiasbeecher: 5:29am On Oct 18, 2017
ruffhandu:
Many of you guys don't understand what's playing out here, shown by your comments.

Abaribe is invariably saying : "FG, since you tagged the person I suretied a terrorist, I am no longer interested. Also, he went missing since the army went shooting in his house, let the army produce him".

His argument is logical.
OMG, at last somebody with a sense of reasoning! The fools that have been spewing trash all over the place didn't even understand the prayers of the senator. He has smartly shifted the responsibility of producing Kanu to the federal govt and the army after the invasion of his house and tagging ipob as a terrorist organisation. Thank you so much for your understanding.
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Whaliy(m): 5:39am On Oct 18, 2017
Abeg discharge this senator.....let anoda person come stand for d useless kanu. And charge #500m this time. We are saving I think.....

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by tobiasbeecher: 5:41am On Oct 18, 2017
baffylander:
Its quite sad un-informed peeps now straddle the cyberspace and say whatever they want...however we want to see it, Sen. Abaribe stood surety for a person who has flouted his bail conditions and not attended court.
Bail entails you standing trial for whatever you are charged for, however flimsy. Saying the army should produce him or that the operation carried out caused him to flee is an anomaly and same shouldn't be condoned by the courts.
The honourable Senator should produce him or forfeit his bond. Quote me and I won't respond, non-lawyers should not come here and cast aspersions on the legal profession.
If you're a lawyer and spew this rubbish then you have wasted the money used in training you. So what you're basically saying is that the senator should produce Kanu even if he is dead or being held by the security agencies in an unknown cell? You lack common sense for a lawyer! Lawyers are trained to analyze issues with logic and common sense but I'm afraid you have neither of them. An advice, if you're truly a lawyer and you want to make it in the profession, you better enrol for some remedial courses to brush you up.
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by tobiasbeecher: 5:46am On Oct 18, 2017
freshboi88:

This one nah story, judge gave him three options, u either produce the man, or forfeit your 100mil or ask for more time to produce him, wen his lawyer said he can't take any of those options, because of the military invasion...the judge threw that thrash excuse...his lawyer had to take d third option....so ur talking rubbish
Please which judge gave the judgement and in which case? Please give me a link to this court proceeding let me know if truly I'm talking rubbish.
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 18, 2017
Very brilliant Abaribe

A lot of nairalanders are kids.

Abaribe by this application is not saying he regrets standing as surety. But his being a surety has been overtaken by events and the Army have taken the law into their own hands.

I am sure the court will recognise Abaribe's position from a legal point of view

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by tobiasbeecher: 5:49am On Oct 18, 2017
Tunbolity:
BTW, Abaribe's application is an abuse of court process, you have not produced the person you stand surety for in court and you want to withdraw your suretiship, it is like setting the cart before the horse. He should first ensure the attendance of Kanu in court, and therefore inform the court even orally without any written application that he wishes to withdraw, the court has no choice at that stage to grant his wish, and would revoke Kanu's bail immediately
And I ask what if the said Kanu is in army custody or was killed during the shootout at his house, is the senator still expected to produce him? Please clear this for me.
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by maryamajibo(f): 5:51am On Oct 18, 2017
Hehe! kwantinue now. You have a very good cause
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by tobiasbeecher: 5:52am On Oct 18, 2017
adanny01:

So because a senator has signed surety for him, he now becomes untouchable, abi?

Assuming Kanu is dead, death certificate will be issued, dumbass.
See your reasoning and you're calling somebody dumbass! So you think if the army killed kanu they will leave his body there and later issue issue a death certificate right? grin grin grin Chai, people dey for this nairaland o
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by SexytorresE(f): 6:13am On Oct 18, 2017
Palaver:
N100m don go be that o.

Something wey e for use stake
Feyenoord v shakter Donetsk - 0 2.5
ManCity v Napoli - 0 2.5
Maribor v Liverpool - 0 2.5
Leipzig v Porto - 0 2.5

Use am win N1bn angry
you have forgotten that the least is 50milla? grin

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by naijalo: 6:30am On Oct 18, 2017
brainpulse:
grin So unfortunate that your money has entered voice mail. Next time you know Kanu is a scammer

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Akexstinger(m): 6:53am On Oct 18, 2017
Using the Army invasion as an excuse for Kanu's disappearance cannot be valid in the law court.
Kanu Was granted bail with stringent conditions which he carefully, systematically and knowingly flouted.
As if that was not enough, he still went on with his hate speeches on air and the worst was to go ahead and form a BSS (secret service' in a sovereign nation while still under bail.
There are a lot of video evidences with valid and recent dates showing Kanu inspecting guard of honor, giving charge to the secret service agents in a sovereign country.
The military of a sovereign nation had no option than to act fast in dismantling this secret service, which other nations would have done same. And to butteress the event, the federal went further and got a competent approval from the law court in proscribing IPOB and her BSS activities as terrorist organization with terrorist activities.
So the case of army invading his house and kanu not being found will not absolve Abaribe. Abaribe will forfeit his 100 million naira and must produce kanu or risk sentence

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by freshboi88: 6:54am On Oct 18, 2017
tobiasbeecher:

Please which judge gave the judgement and in which case? Please give me a link to this court proceeding let me know if truly I'm talking rubbish.

https://news.assure.ng/cannot-withdraw-surety-produce-kanu-court-judge-tells-abaribe/
Re: Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety by Pat081: 7:03am On Oct 18, 2017
Palaver:
N100m don go be that o.

Something wey e for use stake
Feyenoord v shakter Donetsk - 0 2.5
ManCity v Napoli - 0 2.5
Maribor v Liverpool - 0 2.5
Leipzig v Porto - 0 2.5

Use am win N1bn angry
abi he should have b billion naira by now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah: We Plan To Attend Amotekun Public Hearing On Monday / Picture Of Buhari, Osinbajo And Dogara Laughing Out Loud: Caption / Ben Murray-Bruce Drinking Palm Wine At Main Festival Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.