Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,449 members, 7,958,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:48 PM

I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do (6478 Views)

I Almost Got Scammed On Jumia / I Was Duped By Someone Name Martha Annu Dara Who Posted A Phone On Jiji / Help!!! I Just Got Scammed On Jiji. What Can I Do To Recover My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by Mailthaddeus(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2017
gidimasters:

Smh for you... So I can just go to your bank and tell them to block all your accounts abi...

Yea, u can. So long as Money was paid from ur account into that account, u can request for a blockage or a reversal. Tell him d acct is used by a fruadster to defraud people. To make it easy, report d matter tp Police, request for a Police report, then wit that they can go to d bnk to instantly blk d acct

1 Like

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by gidimasters(m): 1:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
Mailthaddeus:

Yea, u can. So long as Money was paid from ur account into that account, u can request for a blockage or a reversal. Tell him d acct is used by a fruadster to defraud people. To make it easy, report d matter tp Police, request for a Police report, then wit that they can go to d bnk to instantly blk d acct

Now you are talking. You just going to the bank and telling them someone scammed you and you want them to block the account will never work... You need legal back up...

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by fowlyansh181(m): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2017
Mskrisx:
Pls pls what do I do? I want to buy a device from Jumia but the only problem here is they said there is no pay on delivery for that product. Now to purchase the item I have to pay on line with my master card which means I have to insert my card number and my pin....pls who has tried this before? I am sooooo scared!
scam. Stay off
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by Taiwo20(m): 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
Inehmesit:
It's 2017 Bro, do people still get scammed?

yes.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by Asebaba1(m): 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2017
They monkey one of my friend too, they gave him all the trust to see that all is well and he was later false transaction.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by sorextee(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
Johnnydon, long time o. grin
wetin carry u come phone section naw?
were u passing by?
take care mehn..

johnydon22:

the guy na confirmed mad man.. the fool ignored the warning in all caps then come here and start blaming jiji for his idiocy.... this type of nonsense get me pretty irked... blood idiot
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by ikemesit4477: 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2017
Bodeline:
this is the picture he uploaded to show he is a family man. this life sef...
so sad! And these might not even be his picture!
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by johnydon22(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2017
sorextee:
Johnnydon, long time o. grin
wetin carry u come phone section naw?
were u passing by?
take care mehn..

baba the post dey for trending o so as i was passing i jam am.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by bamac(m): 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
kenkool:

Sorry for your loss, what I have noticed from a scam victim is GREED, yes, no way in hell would you get an HP laptop of core i5, 5gb ram and 750hdd at that rate, even used one cannot go as low as #120k, you knew that but you thought it's an 'awuf'. I buy a lot of stuffs online, from Craigslist to eBay, and in many cases you will experience something like this especially on Craigslist, but one thing always keep me safe which is ; IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN BE VERY SUSPICIOUS, in about 90% of such 'Good deal' they are scam.
And lastly, never pay in advance by PayPal or bank transfer until you receive your stuff unless it's eBay or Amazon.
Good luck next time!
You are right though. But my own issue is that this kind of situation makes it hard for people to trust some online market consultants like me. I have gotten several people saying they cannot pay for what they are yet to receive from Jumia when after they try to order themselves requires pay before delivery. But it is all good sha, the OP should be guided againt such fraudulent transactions in future.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by kenkool(m): 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
bamac:
You are right though. But my own issue is that this kind of situation makes it hard for people to trust some online market consultants like me. I have gotten several people saying they cannot pay for what they are yet to receive from Jumia when after they try to order themselves requires pay before delivery. But it is all good sha, the OP should be guided againt such fraudulent transactions in future.
Yeah, I don't trust anybody online when doing transaction unless it's a platform like jumia, eBay or Amazon, those organisations are responsible for anything you pay for, your money cannot lost, but when using a platform like jiji or olx, you interact directly with buyer and you guys have to meet and see the stuff you buying before paying, it's safe that way and stay away from a ridiculously cheap products, that's their trap!
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by patfenda(m): 10:30am On Oct 21, 2017
eyaaa bro u make mistake but next time deal one on one....anyways

solid huawei y6 pro (g power)has crack but works perfectly, very very strong battery(charges other phones)2g ram 16g rom with sd card space ...28k...call or whatsapp 08025067398.dis one na physical deal o.lol
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by innobarca(m): 11:00am On Oct 21, 2017
There are Nairaland Members selling laptops and have shop addresses confirmed, Sometimes I wonder why people love to learn the hard way.
Re: I Think I Have Been Scammed On Jiji. What Do I Do by sinaj(f): 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
johnydon22:

baba the post dey for trending o so as i was passing i jam am.
ur car no get brake abi tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

•how To Stop Apps From Force Stopping/closing On A Rooted Android Phone• / How Do I Indentify A China Iphone? / Free 100mb From Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.