Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] (52386 Views)

We Need Factories The Size Of Ibadan NOT Churches- Daddyfreeze Replies Pastor A / Video: Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches - Femi Falana / “adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches” – Femi Falana (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2017
There are so many comments on this thread leading to so many pages withing a short time which shows it appeals to those people.

Falana only repeated what his Eminence the Cardinal said some days ago which was also posted on nairaland. It seems these people never commented then as they belong to one of the religious sects or affiliations.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2017
babaolofin:
There are so many comments on this thread leading to so many pages withing a short time which shows it appeals to those people.

Falana only repeated what his Eminence the Cardinal said some days ago which was also posted on nairaland. It seems these people never commented then as they belong to one of the religious sects or affiliations.

The intelligent man said a lot and only made reference to what the Cardinal said but everything has been fanaticized.
What a sick country!

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Lumig: 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
THE TOPIC IS MISLEADING, INSTEAD IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN "CARDINAL OKOGIE:"Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches". But some pple have been insulting the wrong person. But as much as I try to find a soft landing for our Modern Churches, the more I keep on realizing the truth in Cardinal Okogie accusation. The more the religious centers, the more atrocities, crimes and corruption have been befalling our society, why? Our Churches relegate the main issue, that is Contentment,spirituality, holiness and reigning with God at the end of our earthly sojourn and elevate materialism, money, position and other trivial things. And the whole society is suffering from it, whenever I read about ritualists, fraudsters and other criminals, I usually ask myself what the men-of-God of such criminals tell them every Sunday they go to worship God. Cos those criminals are products of one church/mosque or the other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
Letslive:
The intelligent man said a lot and only made reference to what the Cardinal said but everything has been fanaticized.
What a sick country!
Bros,
I have not opened the video. It was the topic that attracted me. I remembered I saw a topic like that some days ago from his Eminence
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Slaveman343: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2017
Gozbrown:
didn't expect dis from u Femi, u jex lost a fan
No be only u no like truth mesef join. see as truth dey taste...

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Slaveman343: 3:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
Eenee:
[color=#000099][/color]some of the prmature death in people family is because of the way they attack men of God. why not leav God to judge them?
who is this one. Many people that die "prematurely" are Pastor worshippers like u. Pray sey u go get sense before...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Codims82(m): 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
dowjones:

I can bet a million dollars you didn't watch the video
and wat are u waiting for. Is he ur uncle?
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by bettercreature(m): 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2017
clevvermind:
OGA, HOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU? MIND YOUR BUSINESS.
He actually talked about someone like you if you watch the video

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Ovamboland(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2017
Eenee:
[color=#000099][/color]some of the prmature death in people family is because of the way they attack men of God. why not leav God to judge them?

Are you worshipping God or a Demon zombie?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by 9ja2: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
Myself2:
Which monkey goes by the name Femi Falana, I'm sure it must be the same shameless opportunist who will twist facts and take briefs that are immoral and wicked to the common man for the sake of money.
Falana, bow down and worship Adeboye, he is a blessing to millions while you Falana are a curse to the animal kingdom

Dey der, your man of god is enjoying his life in a private jet on your tithes and you are here defending him.

Abeg Africans mumu no be small,first oyinbo come pack slaves last century and now these fraudsters today.

https://www.nairaland.com/2601368/pastor-adeboye-buys-gulfstream-jet
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
austonclint:
I love ❤ this man's speech especially the corruption aspect but this one he said about a Man of God ......

Hmmmm my hand no dey oooo...

But in common sense... Lets say is a business centres as u claim but this business centres has changed lifes of many (spiritually , physically and economically) in Nigeria and beyond

Business centres changes only the lives of the owners.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Slaveman343: 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
musicwriter:
The man is historically conscious!. This is the type of ideas and discussion that would change Africa. Not just about Adeboye, he said other things that deals with the philosophy of our backwardness. Example; he talks about what constitutes stealing in the eyes of western law and how it doesn't rhyme with African philosophy of what ought to be stealing. I was saying the same thing on this forum few days ago, that the legal system we inherited from white people doesn't serve us well. As he rightly said, when a serious theft occur, we call it "money laundering" when in reality this is simply stealing as far as an African mind is concerned. Our African mind left unpolluted would simply treat a "money launderer" as a common thief with exactly the same stigma attached to being a thief that gets mob lynched on the street.

I've researched the whole African continent, and the Yoruba's have a higher type of thinking than every other tribe, they're the only people ready to be free. Lagos state have just made study of Yoruba language compulsory with hefty fine for any school that violates the law. This's what all free people had done in Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea, e.t.c many years ago. If there was any way I could change my ethnicity to a Yoruba man, I'll do that this very moment, cause I want to be free.

My brother yoruba and Hausa people smart o, dem dey preserve their language na igbo people and other sub igbo groups still dey enslave themselves like me dey copy oyinbo. Dey form "educated" on top another man language. Chai
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by forray(m): 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
Sulukag:
This is the beginning of Falana's problem. You don't talk against an annointed man of God. What a pity for Falana

Am a Christian, but to see a fellow Christian wish problem on another man for airing his opinion, shows u how far we have falling from the teaching of Christ. It's such a shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Slaveman343: 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
watchwoman:

Oga Femi, why don't you create your own ,if that is honestly what you think
Watch woman for mouth. People dey thief ya money and you no know but you dey claim watch woman. Watch woman wey blind, bounce!
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by BluntBoy(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
GREATESTPIANIST:
The devil.has blind folded your eyes making you think.he is winning... i reiterate, the devil is failing... i will build my church and the gates of hell will.not prevail against her!!!!! quote me a million times , the devil has failed and will keep failing..........

Yes, delusion of an average Christian. Look around you and you would see that the Devil is winning. Listen to the doctrines and practices gaining grounds among billions of Christians, from the Catholics who bow down to images to the pentecostalists who worship money and pastors to the pastors who have abandoned the gospel for material gains and tell me if the Church is winning.

If you feel the number of those who call themselves Christians and the mighty cathedrals is what it means to be victory over the Devil, then "your confidence is slightly deluded" (Cowell, n.d.).

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by critic9ja: 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
O.P IS DUMB, Femi Falana merely agreed with cardinal Okogie's opinion on pastor Adeboye's statement.
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
atleast people are employed, worked in Gods vineyard and sometimes get paid for serving jehovah. .how many have you created?
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
Nukilia:

grin Don't get angry because its not necessary. Imagine somebody like Adeboye, Oyedepo, and Oyakhilome are lecturers in the university... I picture them going through the same system like others. These people have done something good with their lives but will not come out like your traditional politician who donates motorcycle to party faithfuls and make so much noise about it. I am sure they are helping people all over.
did I sound like I get angry here, lol. Far from it. I'm just trying to let you know what you didn't seem to understand about these people you worship like God. Don't get it twisted, i'm also a Christian and I belong to a pentecostal fold. Those you mentioned above don't have any company of their own. They made it through the church. God called them and rewarded them though the blessed members of the church ok? My argument is, none of them made it via their personal sweat. Those huge edifices you see aren't built by them. God owns the church and not them. Members built it with their money and donations. My church gave birth to the pentecostal denominations you see today. Our founder didn't have a house he could call his own. He didn't even own a private jet in his time even though he could afford one through the donations of members of his church. He was going from one village to another, preaching the Gospel and and impacting lives. The schools founded by the church were highly subsidised for both members and non-members alike, unlike those you mentioned above. Google online and ask how much students pay in the universities their churches founded. Many of them visit our founder's resting place to pray till date. They always talk about him, wish to have his type of spiritual power to wake somebody who is dead for 4 days and already stinking as our founder did in Ibadan in those days, but how many of them can be like him? Unfortunately, God doesn't use material things as criteria to reckon with people, we're all equal before God. Go to US and other western countries, missionary churches are heavily subsidised. The reverse is the case in Nigeria. Where are they taking the money to? God have mercy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Solomonudofia(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Business centres changes only the lives of the owners.

So Which side are you on.... That he is creating buz centres or churches ....
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Johnrake69: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2017
austonclint:
I love ❤ this man's speech especially the corruption aspect but this one he said about a Man of God ......

Hmmmm my hand no dey oooo...

But in common sense... Lets say is a business centres as u claim but this business centres has changed lifes of many (spiritually , physically and economically) in Nigeria and beyond

How please? Are you aware that less than 3% of contributions that goes to religious bodies is utilised for humanitarian purposes. The rest (97%) goes into the internal operations of these organisations
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by kabillion(m): 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2017
Sir, you should have compose this vituperation in lyric so ur son can rap it.
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
How many churches can even make their financials public? Let's even say not public but atleast to the members of the church. Anything that is secretive and involves money often is fraudulent.
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by judedwriter(m): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Tuats good if it's true. Most churches are only good at collecting forgetting that the early Christians gather what they had and then share it among themselves so that the rich and the poor can feed equally well
Truth they say, is bitter...blunt truth you just mentioned.
Many churches today in Nigeria just want more members and money but don't care enough for the poor in their midst like the early church did.
I guess the reason was that then the early church leadership were more concerned about the 2nd coming of Jesus more than anything else including their prosperity...

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
judedwriter:

Truth they say, is bitter...blunt truth you just mentioned.
Many churches today in Nigeria just want more members and money but don't care enough for the poor in their midst like the early church did.
I guess the reason was that then the early church leadership were more concerned about the 2nd coming of Jesus more than anything else including their prosperity...
That's true. Then, Christians preached Christ. We had Christians and not church goers who defend their daddies called men of God the defending Christ. They would prefer to do what their pastor says than study the bible to know what it says. Their pastors are holy and anointed while they are not anointed.
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Daeylar(f): 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

Sorry, I quoted you wrongly.

No need to apologize,
I've seen your meñtion, I will keep that in mind next time, thanks smiley
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by BluntBoy(m): 6:16pm On Oct 20, 2017
Daeylar:

No need to apologize, I've seen your meñtion, I will keep that in mind next time, thanks smiley
You are most welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by GREATESTPIANIST: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

Yes, delusion of an average Christian. Look around you and you would see that the Devil is winning. Listen to the doctrines and practices gaining grounds among billions of Christians, from the Catholics who bow down to images to the pentecostalists who worship money and pastors to the pastors who have abandoned the gospel for material gains and tell me if the Church is winning.

If you feel the number of those who call themselves Christians and the mighty cathedrals is what it means to be victory over the Devil, then "your confidence is slightly deluded" (Cowell, n.d.).

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (2 Timothy 4:3-4)

Thats your belief bro...... no matter what might be happening around you, Jesus is winning and will keep winning.... .. true christians dnt glorify the devil...... i dnt care what you say.....no matter what goes on around me, am not peturbed, i will keep living for Jesus cus i represent him soooool well......... yes i agree things are being twisted here and there but my dear bro, should the real children of God be downtrodden No brother, we will keep praying for the church because Jesus cant fail..
......... quote me again....... i repeat, THEIR PLANS HAVE FAILED
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by BluntBoy(m): 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
GREATESTPIANIST:
Thats your belief bro...... no matter what might be happening around you, Jesus is winning and will keep winning.... .. true christians dnt glorify the devil...... i dnt care what you say.....no matter what goes on around me, am not peturbed, i will keep living for Jesus cus i represent him soooool well......... yes i agree things are being twisted here and there but my dear bro, should the real children of God be downtrodden No brother, we will keep praying for the church because Jesus cant fail..
......... quote me again....... i repeat, THEIR PLANS HAVE FAILED

Yes, you will keep living for Christ. But you are not the Church. You are just a part. I am also a part of the Church. However, my calling is not to remain unperturbed in the midst of atrocities and perversions of the Word. My calling is to expose false teachers. Wolves have infiltrated the body of Christ and billions are being led astray and yet you still think the Church is winning?

Now, don't get me wrong. I wish that the Church would grow stronger but how many Christians even know the Bible well enough to counter a false teacher? Remember the Bible says the false teachers would perform miracles and lead many astray. How would they be able to lead many astray? Because many do not understand the Word which is a sword. If the false teachers who are children of Satan would lead many astray (a prophesy which has been fulfilled and is still being fulfilled), how can you then say that the Devil is losing? Instead of us pretending using faith to believe that the Devil is losing, why can't we be realistic enough that the Devil is winning and we need to turn back to the Word of God and the counsel of the Holy Spirit?
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Nukilia: 6:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
fairfora:
did I sound like I get angry here, lol. Far from it. I'm just trying to let you know what you didn't seem to understand about these people you worship like God. Don't get it twisted, i'm also a Christian and I belong to a pentecostal fold. Those you mentioned above don't have any company of their own. They made it through the church. God called them and rewarded them though the blessed members of the church ok? My argument is, none of them made it via their personal sweat. Those huge edifices you see aren't built by them. God owns the church and not them. Members built it with their money and donations. My church gave birth to the pentecostal denominations you see today. Our founder didn't have a house he could call his own. He didn't even own a private jet in his time even though he could afford one through the donations of members of his church. He was going from one village to another, preaching the Gospel and and impacting lives. The schools founded by the church were highly subsidised for both members and non-members alike, unlike those you mentioned above. Google online and ask how much students pay in the universities their churches founded. Many of them visit our founder's resting place to pray till date. They always talk about him, wish to have his type of spiritual power to wake somebody who is dead for 4 days and already stinking as our founder did in Ibadan in those days, but how many of them can be like him? Unfortunately, God doesn't use material things as criteria to reckon with people, we're all equal before God. Go to US and other western countries, missionary churches are heavily subsidised. The reverse is the case in Nigeria. Where are they taking the money to? God have mercy.

I now get you.
Where is your church?
Do they still engage in all that you have listed up there?
What is the name of your founder who raised the dead in Ibadan?

I support the fact that Schools should be made cheaper for both the rich and the poor, it sounds a bit challenging when you're funding such schools without support from the government.

I feel the Churches in Nigeria are doing their best, but the government has not been doing their own part in making life easy for the people.

The new churches most times do not sound it to the media whenever they give back to the people, this makes the society feel like the church is not helping the people.

The church is really trying their best. A situation where the church decides to announce how they give to the poor, needy, widows e.t.c the whole world will blame the church again for Showmanship.

Can we look at it from this angle, We as Nigerians elect leaders into public offices so that they can represent us and bring the dividend of democracy to the citizenry; the sad part is that the political office holders end up deceiving the people and they do not deliver the dividends of democracy to the masses.

Now the masses are transferring the aggression of a failed political system to the religious leaders instead of demanding accountability from those we chose to represent us.

Roads are bad, we have ministers and local government chairmen, but we prefer to visit the church and pray for our roads to be fixed. Graduates are half baked and we all rush to church to pray for them to be fully baked. Most people sleep in darkness every night and they blame their preachers instead of demanding accountability from the people who are representing them.

In conclusion, I hope your church is still helping people out, I hope they still have subsidized school for their members, I hope they are providing opportunity for the youths, I hope they are putting their funds into housing the homeless if they are still doing all that now, that is nice of them.

I will be glad if you can invite our people on this forum who have lost hope in the church so that they can benefit from the social intervention your church is providing.

Shalom
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by Nukilia: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
Lumig:
THE TOPIC IS MISLEADING, INSTEAD IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN "CARDINAL OKOGIE:"Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches". But some pple have been insulting the wrong person. But as much as I try to find a soft landing for our Modern Churches, the more I keep on realizing the truth in Cardinal Okogie accusation. The more the religious centers, the more atrocities, crimes and corruption have been befalling our society, why? Our Churches relegate the main issue, that is Contentment,spirituality, holiness and reigning with God at the end of our earthly sojourn and elevate materialism, money, position and other trivial things. And the whole society is suffering from it, whenever I read about ritualists, fraudsters and other criminals, I usually ask myself what the men-of-God of such criminals tell them every Sunday they go to worship God. Cos those criminals are products of one church/mosque or the other.

grin
Guess what? I love Christians because they're very blunt and they come out on social media to criticize anything bad within the religion. This cannot be said of other religion which hardly condemn the bad folks among them. You hardly read them condeming the evils but they'll keep managing them.

The OP was trying to attack Christians that's why he left every other thing discussed by Faalana and picked what he wanted on a Friday like this. I will like to remind him and his supporters that: not until we all come together and collectively challenge the government by demanding accountability from them, we will all continue to heap blames on our religious leaders who haven't done anything wrong.

The citizens are suffering from failed leadership at every level.
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

Yes, you will keep living for Christ. But you are not the Church. You are just a part. I am also a part of the Church. However, my calling is not to remain unperturbed in the midst of atrocities and perversions of the Word. My calling is to expose false teachers. Wolves have infiltrated the body of Christ and billions are being led astray and yet you still think the Church is winning?

Now, don't get me wrong. I wish that the Church would grow stronger but how many Christians even know the Bible well enough to counter a false teacher? Remember the Bible says the false teachers would perform miracles and lead many astray. How would they be able to lead many astray? Because many do not understand the Word which is a sword. If the false teachers who are children of Satan would lead many astray (a prophesy which has been fulfilled and is still being fulfilled), how can you then say that the Devil is losing? Instead of us pretending using faith to believe that the Devil is losing, why can't we be realistic enough that the Devil is winning and we need to turn back to the Word of God and the counsel of the Holy Spirit?
.......... My dear bro, i know things are going wrong in the world today........ we are not ignorant of His devices.... .. we wnt stop fighting for the truth........ it might look like the devil is winning, he knows his end........ he and his followers will all be destroyed...... There is enough evidence to pin point the scams and lies of satan everywhere....... nevertheless we will keep praying for the church and also keep magnifying Jesus power .......... .........oya no more arguements brotherly........ u sabi argue.....lol......oya u don win
Re: Femi Falana: "Pastor Adeboye Creating Business Centers, Not Churches" [video] by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
it is well with Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stephanie Otobo’s Mother At Omega Fire Ministry To Beg Apostle Suleman (Pics) / Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister / See The Hilarious Prayer Request Of Lady During Live Prayers Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.