Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? (7099 Views)

You Have Power Over Them: By Rev Dr Aroh, Aba. Psalm 62:11; Luke 10:19 / Can Men Do Whatever They Like? (do Men Have Freewill?) / I Have Power To Make A Woman’s Bum Bigger And Curvier – Bishop Obinim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
Angels eat.

They have emotions.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by deebrain(m): 3:36am On Nov 10, 2017
Originakalokalo:

How do I know the angel of God?

1. If he appears as an angel of "light" ie with lights.....that doesn't mean that he is of God.

When you are scared because of his Physical Nature,

He will tell you..." Fear not"

A demon in angel form will like you to be scared. Fear is reverence to them.

2. When an Angel of God appears, you will not display anything out of the ordinary. I.e like falling down, foaming, etc. You might be scared.

He will calm you down.

3. An Angel of God will not contradict God's word. Never.

A prophet said Gabriel told him that anyone who did not worship any other God except Allah will get to heaven..." Even if he commits sexual immorality"

You should know that that angel is not Gabriel.

Brilliant.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Osezua: 7:19am On Nov 10, 2017
stardragon:
how-can-we-judge-creature's-that-are-greater-than-us?:-And-does-it-mean-some-of-them-are-not-doing-their-work-properly-even-in-heaven?
For now in terms of appearance and strength they are higher than humans. But in time to come when by the grace of God we would have put on immotality we would be higher than them. But this does not change the fact that we are created in the image of God and angels are not. This makes us greater and Superior.

2 Likes

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2017
Osezua:
For now in terms of appearance and strength they are higher than humans. But in time to come when by the grace of God we would have put on immotality we would be higher than them. But this does not change the fact that we are created in the image of God and angels are not. This makes us greater and Superior.

Good one.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Finstar: 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
Greene66:

Oh you are so ignorant man..

Angels?? Dude those guys are badass giant dominant authorities. You are yet to experience. You only talking based on what you read in a book and what your Sunday school teacher said.

If a demon can posses you and destroy you is it now an Angel who can destroy the demon that cannot possess and finish you? You are saying you are above Michael? Michael will rip you to pieces without breaking a sweat.

You are nothing like them. We are nothing like them. We are nothing but little pets before them. They are big, dominant, powerful, authoritative, strong and wise. Regarding God himself, you think God will choose you over his own kids? Dude, God made you to worship him. You are designed to bow at His feet. He is capable of making stones do the job if men won't. Such a powerful God, obviously, wouldn't compare his Kids to stones. Angels are His kids. We are just His inventions.

So friend, wake up from that dream world where you think you are something special compared to Angels. Angels don't even minister to you. Trust me. They don't. They don't even like us. You think they weren't so happy to kill every first born in the land of Egypt? Why haven't Michael gone down for Lucifer since? Why is Lucifer still alive tormenting humans? They dont care man.. God alone cares.

God is the one I recognise. I don't do angels. I don't like them. I like God smiley

Don't ask me anything about scripture and save me the lines.. I'm speaking raw from life experience. Till date I'll never forget.

#Experience

Now this is the most intelligent comment on this thread.. Op is so ignorant to a fault.. I don't usually comment on such stale threads, but you my friend made me to. I'm someone who's very much awakened when it comes to spirituality, I have studied quantum physics to be able to grasp more about the other dimension and in these years of ultimate search for truth, I came across numerous extraterrestrials.. Angels on the other hand are our enemies.. But when it comes to power, we're much more powerful. At the core of man, unlimited power lies.. The only problem with humans is that they are yet to discover who they are hence, other small entities treating us like crap. When you take a journey to knowing SELF, only then will you know that angels are not that powerful
. To some of us who have advance through our spiritual pursuit, we are nothing but literal gods and they fear us. The Bible contains some truth, but it's just an atom of truth.. Every other thing is bull crap.

Thanks for your comment.. This shows that the world is awakening.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 4:38am On Nov 13, 2017
Greene66:

Oh you are so ignorant man..

Angels?? Dude those guys are badass giant dominant authorities. You are yet to experience. You only talking based on what you read in a book and what your Sunday school teacher said.

If a demon can posses you and destroy you is it now an Angel who can destroy the demon that cannot possess and finish you? You are saying you are above Michael? Michael will rip you to pieces without breaking a sweat.

You are nothing like them. We are nothing like them. We are nothing but little pets before them. They are big, dominant, powerful, authoritative, strong and wise. Regarding God himself, you think God will choose you over his own kids? Dude, God made you to worship him. You are designed to bow at His feet. He is capable of making stones do the job if men won't. Such a powerful God, obviously, wouldn't compare his Kids to stones. Angels are His kids. We are just His inventions.

So friend, wake up from that dream world where you think you are something special compared to Angels. Angels don't even minister to you. Trust me. They don't. They don't even like us. You think they weren't so happy to kill every first born in the land of Egypt? Why haven't Michael gone down for Lucifer since? Why is Lucifer still alive tormenting humans? They dont care man.. God alone cares.

God is the one I recognise. I don't do angels. I don't like them. I like God smiley

Don't ask me anything about scripture and save me the lines.. I'm speaking raw from life experience. Till date I'll never forget.

#Experience

You claim you know God.

But your statements gave you away.

You know God, and you isolate the operations of Angels from God. They are his messangers.

Maybe you have had an encounter with an angel of darkness who transformed himself into angel of light.

The Angels of God do not act out of God's instructions.

Humans are created in God's image and likeness. Angels are not.

Men called angels sons of God. God himself calls humans his sons.

This makes us greater during our transformation after death.

Now, we are a little lower than them.

I will spear you biblical details since it is obvious you don't read the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 4:44am On Nov 13, 2017
Finstar:

Now this is the most intelligent comment on this thread.. Op is so ignorant to a fault.. I don't usually comment on such stale threads, but you my friend made me to. I'm someone who's very much awakened when it comes to spirituality, I have studied quantum physics to be able to grasp more about the other dimension and in these years of ultimate search for truth, I came across numerous extraterrestrials.. Angels on the other hand are our enemies.. But when it comes to power, we're much more powerful. At the core of man, unlimited power lies.. The only problem with humans is that they are yet to discover who they are hence, other small entities treating us like crap. When you take a journey to knowing SELF, only then will you know that angels are not that powerful
. To some of us who have advance through our spiritual pursuit, we are nothing but literal gods and they fear us. The Bible contains some truth, but it's just an atom of truth.. Every other thing is bull crap.

Thanks for your comment.. This shows that the world is awakening.

Angels of God are not my enemies.

Angel of darkness who transformed themselves to Angels of light are my enemies.

I hope when you have an encounter with an angel,
You will be able to know whether he is of God, or of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Finstar: 6:28am On Nov 13, 2017
Originakalokalo:

Angels of God are not my enemies.

Angel of darkness who transformed themselves to Angels of light are my enemies.

I hope when you have an encounter with an angel,
You will be able to know whether he is of God, or of the devil.

I'm not gonna argue with you cause you know nothing.. All you know is how to quote a book with no experience whatsoever. Thank You.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2017
Finstar:

I'm not gonna argue with you cause you know nothing.. All you know is how to quote a book with no experience whatsoever. Thank You.

Noted
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by judedwriter(m): 7:52am On Nov 13, 2017
Originakalokalo:
Content:

1. Arch Angels. Lucifer's Place in Heaven before his fall

2. Physical Structure of Angels

3. Do they have Powers?

4. What do they do?

5. Can I see An Angel?

6. What's their role at the end of the world.

Let's start immediately.

1. Arch Angels.

The highest rank of Angels are called Arch Angels.

There were 3 Arch Angels before. The third one misbehaved and was cast down to the earth.
Now, they are two.

The two Arch angels are Gabriel and Michael.

The third was Lucifer who is now Satan.

Lucifer was more powerful and attend directly to God more than Gabriel and Michael.

Lucifer was so close to God. He walked in the midst of the fire of God.

He was created for worship.Very Beautiful and full of splendor.

If he flaps his wings, musical instruments and wonderful songs of praise to the Almighty emerge.

Until He proposed to Lift his throne above God's.

And There was war in heaven. He was defeated and he took one- third of the Angels with him.

These are called demons.

Not all demons are fallen angels. Most demons were created when wandering angels had sex with women before the flood in the days of Noah.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Leviathan is an angel na. This secret is deep because they were gotten from men who worked with Satan.
satan Told That Story. Remember That Satan Is A Liar... A Bloody Liar...

2 Likes

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2017
judedwriter:

Not all demons are fallen angels. Most demons were created when wandering angels had sex with women before the flood in the days of Noah.

The union produced Giants and mutants"

And they were wiped out.these Giants were physical beings.

Demons are fallen Angels.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by judedwriter(m): 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2017
Originakalokalo:

The union produced Giants and mutants"

And they were wiped out.these Giants were physical beings.

Demons are fallen Angels.

Ok. I am not arguing with you as as a christian brother, BUT church history and the book of Enoch records that the spirits of these giants became evil spirits or demons we have today! Research it yourself, i used to believe that demons were just the fallen angels until i researched the real origin of demons.
Note# the book of Enoch is not heresy like the 6 and 7 book of Moses, but is very true and was used by the early apostles.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2017
DeadRat:
satan Told That Story. Remember That Satan Is A Liar... A Bloody Liar...
I forgot to tell that Leviathan's agent now in Christ reveal it. There are deeper things that you can't never comprehend until you're willingly to learn.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 13, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I forgot to tell that Leviathan's agent now in Christ reveal it. There are deeper things that you can't never comprehend until you're willingly to learn.
I Am A Paranormal investigator... you Have Been Lied to... I Read That Book... So You Believe What Lucifer said Was The Truth... You Ought To Know The Devil Better... You Have Alot To Learn
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Mikechinos(m): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2017
There are seven Archangels who stand in the presence of God. Point of correction angels are made in the image of God too. How can they be called sons of God if there aren't made in his image. And I don't think Lucifer was an archangel. He was a cherub. Please where was it mentioned in the Bible that we are greater than Angels?
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by marttol: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2017
sKeetz:
Fairy tales
alaye mi,there's nothing like fairytale
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Greene66: 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
Originakalokalo:

[s]You claim you know God.

But your statements gave you away.

You know God, and you isolate the operations of Angels from God. They are his messangers.

Maybe you have had an encounter with an angel of darkness who transformed himself into angel of light.

The Angels of God do not act out of God's instructions.

Humans are created in God's image and likeness. Angels are not.

Men called angels sons of God. God himself calls humans his sons.

This makes us greater during our transformation after death.

Now, we are a little lower than them.

I will spear you biblical details since it is obvious you don't read the Bible.
[/s]

Bullshit.

Messengers don't fight wars.. But hell, they do fight wars. Angels are our enemies. They act outside his instructions(Rebellion).. At least Lucifer did. If Lucifer could, who else can't? undecided

An angel will destroy you if he is bored.

Wake up dude, you were not made in God's image. Have you seen God to confirm this?
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 6:53pm On Nov 14, 2017
Greene66:

Bullshit.

Messengers don't fight wars.. But hell, they do fight wars. Angels are our enemies. They act outside his instructions(Rebellion).. At least Lucifer did. If Lucifer could, who else can't? undecided

An angel will destroy you if he is bored.

Wake up dude, you were not made in God's image. Have you seen God to confirm this?

Noted.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2017
Mikechinos:
There are seven Archangels who stand in the presence of God. Point of correction angels are made in the image of God too. How can they be called sons of God if there aren't made in his image. And I don't think Lucifer was an archangel. He was a cherub. Please where was it mentioned in the Bible that we are greater than Angels?

1 Corinthians 6:3

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

You only Judge someone you are higher than.

We are a little lower than them now.

After ressurection, we shall be greater.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Mikechinos(m): 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
Originakalokalo:

1 Corinthians 6:3

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

You only Judge someone you are higher than.

We are a little lower than them now.

After ressurection, we shall be greater.

lolz you got it wrong bro. judging someone Does not necessary mean that you are greater than them. angels are ministering spirit created in the image of God. it was after God created the earth and animals that he said to himself that he should create man in his own image and likeness. even when we die we are called saints and our sole purpose is to praise God. angels are fierce spirit created with fire and wind.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Paulscholari(m): 3:27am On Nov 15, 2017
Angels are ministering spirit meant to serve we the heirs of salvation. I can still recall that we all have a guardian Angel, and these angels grow more powerful as we grow more stronger in the spirit. Archangels belongs to the creator or to whomever He disposes them to, so you don't have to compare your self to how stronger you are compare to an Archangel except you want to compare yourself in terms of strength to the creator, i just hope you are getting the details. Angels are strong and powerful because they weren't created in human frailties unlike humans, the mortals, but that doesn't mean when we finally assume our spirit form we will still be how we are looking now, No! We will be different. Not only Angels will be judged, the whole world will be judged, for judgment has been committed unto the SON and he willed it to whomever he wants. Demons are not fallen Angels, they are the spirit that came out of the Nephilims and their offsprings, the fallen are held in chains because they are very powerful to destroy the whole earth in a matter of days, they only send these demons on errands to the earth, and these are spirits that poses as gods for the traditional worshippers, evil spirits that possess the possessed, etc. Do Angel's hate us as humans, No! They don't, as long as the FATHER loves us, He also admonishes them to love and guide us and anyone that is found disobeying HE dealt with. We don't worship them neither do they worship us, we both worship God and they fight for us against the enemy, I've seen a situation where two powerful angels came to fight out a stubborn demon out of a man's home, this they do according to the will of the Father.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by nnamdiosu(m): 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
Paulscholari:
Angels are ministering spirit meant to serve we the heirs of salvation. I can still recall that we all have a guardian Angel, and these angels grow more powerful as we grow more stronger in the spirit. Archangels belongs to the creator or to whomever He disposes them to, so you don't have to compare your self to how stronger you are compare to an Archangel except you want to compare yourself in terms of strength to the creator, i just hope you are getting the details. Angels are strong and powerful because they weren't created in human frailties unlike humans, the mortals, but that doesn't mean when we finally assume our spirit form we will still be how we are looking now, No! We will be different. Not only Angels will be judged, the whole world will be judged, for judgment has been committed unto the SON and he willed it to whomever he wants. Demons are not fallen Angels, they are the spirit that came out of the Nephilims and their offsprings, the fallen are held in chains because they are very powerful to destroy the whole earth in a matter of days, they only send these demons on errands to the earth, and these are spirits that poses as gods for the traditional worshippers, evil spirits that possess the possessed, etc. Do Angel's hate us as humans, No! They don't, as long as the FATHER loves us, He also admonishes them to love and guide us and anyone that is found disobeying HE dealt with. We don't worship them neither do they worship us, we both worship God and they fight for us against the enemy, I've seen a situation where two powerful angels came to fight out a stubborn demon out of a man's home, this they do according to the will of the Father.

well said. thanks for the info

2 Likes

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by zion32(m): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2017
Paulscholari:
Fantastic Reply, God bless you real good.

2 Likes

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by zion32(m): 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2017
according to hebrews 1:14, angels are ministering spirit sent forth to minister for them who shall become heirs of salvation. Angels are sent to MINISTER FOR, in other words angels wait upon heirs of salvation for instruction or assigment to carry out. A born again christian is higher than the angels. If you read psalm 8 vs 4-6 and hebrews 2 vs 6-7 you can see how the psalmist wonderd sayin 'what is man that thou has made him a little lower than the angels. how can the psalmist be wowed that man was lower than the angels, that would have been normal, but the word translated angels in that verse really means 'elohim'. When The Psalmist Learnt This Truth, he was wowed and he began to say what is man that GOD made him a little lower than himself. man was also set over all the work of God's Hand, And That Include The Angels, Man lost his position When He Sin Againt God In The Garden And He Became Less Than The Angels, But Jesus came and paid with his life to restore man to his position of dominion over all things. if any man accept jesus he becomes a new man with dominion because he now share the life of christ, which is 'zoe' meaning the life of God. For Every One Who Is Truly Born Again, This Life Of God Flows In Them As A Son Share The Dna Of His Father. This Is Gopel Truth. With This You Can See That A Child Of God Is Not In The Class Of Angels But In The Class Of God The Father, The Son, And The Holy Spirit. We Are Part Of The Trinity Through Christ The First Begotten. In John 3: 16 Jesus Was The Only Begotten But After His Death And Resurection In Hebrews 1 Vs 6 He Became The First Begotten, If There Is A First Begotten Then There Is A 2nd And A 3rd And So On. We Are Sons, Glory To God
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by walket(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2017
@kalokalo, pls continue i am enjoying the message.
Is a messenger(angel) greater than a heir(humans) of the father to be enthroned ?. The ans is no!

1 Like

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:46am On Nov 24, 2017
I was away for a while.

I just finished my Course work for a master's degree.

Now, I am back.

We are sitted far above Principalities and Powers.

Because Christ is sitted there.

And we are his body. Even if you are part of the toe of Christ,

You are still sitted far above Principalities and Powers.

This means in the ranking of God in heaven,

Humans are higher than the Angels after death.

We are created in his image and likeness.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 12:10pm On Jan 05, 2018
Angels also watch over Children.

They intercede on their behalf

1 Like

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by OutOfTheAshes(m): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Lucifer was a Cherub (Singular of Cherubims. A classification we shall deal with later)

Precious stones were his coverings. Sardius, topaz, diamond, Beryl, Sapphire, emerald, and Gold.

He was created for the service of the Most High God.

He walked in the midst of fire of God. Ordinary Angels could not come this close.

Only the Cherubims.
Lucifer was a SERAPH: The burning one; the morning star.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
OutOfTheAshes:

Lucifer was a SERAPH: The burning one; the morning star.

Ezekiel 28:14

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy

mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Annoited Cherub.

1 Like

Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
walket:
@kalokalo, pls continue i am enjoying the message.
Is a messenger(angel) greater than a heir(humans) of the father to be enthroned after his father?. The ans is no!

That's it my brother.
Re: Angels: What Do They Look Like? Do They Have Power? by Originakalokalo(m): 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
Some Angels (demons) are under chains in darkness.

They are waiting for the judgement day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Should Pray Well Before Serving God In A Church / My Experience With Olumba Obu(ooo) / Is It Right For One To Be Angry With God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.