Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria (3207 Views)

Chief Justice Of Nigeria Just Saved Nigerian Judiciary / Which Is The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria ? / US Firm, General Electric, Accuses Nigerian Judiciary Of Corruption In US Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by shutmouth(m): 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2007
The Judges and courts in Nigeria are the worst offenders when it comes to corruption, bribery and impartiality.

Criminal politicians are aware of the flaws in the court and take advantage of it.

The EFCC has not yet started investigating our Judges and the court. This election period is not the appropriate time to investigate the Judges and the courts as it will be regarded internationally as an attempt by the FG to interfere in the Judiciary.

Ribadu will take on the Judges at the appropriate time after the elections.

I have no iota of trust in Nigerian Judiciary as they are probably the most corrupt institution in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by bindex(m): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2007
D grin grin grin why all the crying now that Obasanjo has lost at the court? the judges are just trying to make sure that the nation does not fall apart and that OBj does not become a little god like robert mugabe i believe u wouldnt want nigeria to be like that(zimbabwe)?
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by mowapa(m): 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2007
Am sure there are people who obviously feel disappointed at this verdict, believe me I'm not one of them grin .The judiciary has risen to the rescue of the nation again. We the people as voters should be the last decision maker on whether Atiku becomes our President. Nigerians are wise enough to make that call.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by Mariory(m): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2007
Weather in your little wonder land or in reality. Atiku will never be president of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by mowapa(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2007
My allegiance is to the country of Nigeria and its constitution. Ever since this brawl started b/w OBJ and Atiku the country has known no peace,they both belong in jail as far as am concerned, but the truth is Atiku has won his case at the court and I do believe in our judiciary as the last hope of Nigerians. until the court pronounce him guilty of a crime, he has a fundamental right to vote and be voted for, and we as Nigerians have the privilege to vote or reject him at the poll.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by IykeD1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2007
Could very well be that the Judiciary is very corrupt. Nevertheless, we have to accept their rulings
even if it doesn't jive with our wish today.

Having said all that, Atiku is indicted and is not qualified to run in the presidential elections. If we
must follow the rule of law and adhere to court rulings, then the clause in the constitution which
stipulates that anyone indicted can not contest, MUST BE applied here. You can't pick and choose.

If these ruling mean anything, its that Atiku is still a free man for another couple of months. I am sure
even before its May 26th, he will be invited by the Canadian Parliament/Congress to deliver a speech
regarding his struggles for true democracy in Nigeria - of course, you and I know that these are just
political refugee seeking or "save my ass" trips grin
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by ugodaniel(m): 7:12pm On Feb 20, 2007
Whoever made that original posting is da dumbest asshole in da world!

and i cannot belittle myself by exchanging fracas with you over your assertions, am off now to drop someone off, when i come back i'll respond to your post,
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by lewa(m): 7:16pm On Feb 20, 2007
I tend to agree, so also are the other arms of government !
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by ugodaniel(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20, 2007
Why have you pipo decided to pick on da judiciary now Atiku is winning all his court cases and every governor Obj helped to remove from office is being re-instated.

The judiciary is out to help the democracy survive adn now we're berating them just becos baba is losing all his cases in court.

Let me tell you one thing Atiku started playn politics long before Obj ever came to da scene, True or False? grin
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by IykeD1(m): 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2007
@ugodaniel,

Your man Atiku is very corrupt and unfit to govern Nigeria. You can say the same thing about
Obasanjo if you want but he is not our concern right now - he is not running for any office.

We accept that the courts have been dishing it to Obasanjo lately, but I disagree with their
ruling on this one because its plain per the constitution. Even Gani, who is not a friend of
Obasanjo concurs because its what the constitution states. However, we can live with the
court's decision. Win some, lose some.

But like I said earlier, your man is not going anywhere because he has been indicted by the
"only recognized government" we have in Nigeria today, and as a result, he stands disqualified.
What, you guys don't believe in the constitution any more?

The constitution is crystal clear on the issue of indicted persons and elections - it didn't state
"unless the person indicted is Atiku" or "unless the head of the government is Obasanjo"?
If you guys can not accept this aspect of the constitution because it doesn't favor Atiku, then
we could care less about this ruling too, you get?

Finally, lets hope it doesn't get to the use of force because you know Obasanjo will unleash hell
on Atiku and his mis- guided followers to enforce this part of the constitution. And guess what,
a majority of Nigerians including me will lend their full support to preserving the constitution by
force if need be.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by shutmouth(m): 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2007
Thanks Iyke-D,

Atiku has won many court cases which are unrelated to corruption indictment (my main interest not politics), and we accept the verdict as it is legal and constitutional. No questions!!!

Why can't Atiku and his followers just accept the part of the Constitution that disqualifies him and seek redress at the court to determine his qualification or resign and relinquish his immunity to face prosecution for public trust.

Accepting some part of the Constitution to push his political agenda and trash his enemies (I support) and rejecting some part of the Constitution which his enemies (as he claims) use against him in a corruption indictment is an inconsistency I find difficult to understand.

I like Atiku for his ability to maneuver the laws but I hate him because he acts like a coward. When you are caught in a web of lie,  don't try to hide because the truth will come back to hunt you. Atiku knows that Ribadu has some concrete evidence and he simply wants to continue a fight using his immunity status to buy time.

How long?
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by creamdream: 11:26pm On Feb 20, 2007
Leave the judiciary alone, he who asserts must prove, show your proof!!
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by IykeD1(m): 12:24am On Feb 21, 2007
What proof are you looking for? you mean the proof that is only good enough for the Atiku
people?

The constitution states "those indicted by the government" because it has faith that the
indictments comes with proof! That you disagree or believe that there might be a
political motive doesn't mean there are no proof or the indictments are bogus.

If the federal government is empowered to form other panels whose actions and decisions
are binding on the entire nation on issues of commerce, education, economy, security, etc.,
then the decisions reached by an indicting panel that is also constituted by the same federal
government is good enough and also carries the full weight of the constitution.

I ask you guys again, do you have a problem with the constitution as it pertains to Atiku?
Should we amend it retroactively to accommodate Atiku simply because the president is
out to get him?
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by adconline(m): 4:14am On Feb 21, 2007
shutmouth,
you have just shown your bias and naivety.OBJ has virtually lost all his cases. What's democracy without judiciary? Naija constitution prevailed over OBJ wishes.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by ibkn(m): 9:10am On Feb 21, 2007
we sholud note that the decision by nigerian judiciary is sound. if obasanjo can wakeup one day and say that he doesnt want his veepee to be veepee forgetting laid down procedure, then we need someone to remind him of the procedure.
whether atiku is corrupt or not we need to follow due process
let me also use this oppurtunity to welcome atiku back to office.
we need more respect for the judiciary
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by Mariory(m): 11:09am On Feb 21, 2007
Let us also use this opportunity to welcome the disqualification of Atiku from contesting in the next elections. In accordance with the constitution and due process.

Bye Bye Atiku. Your retarded dream to rule Nigeria by any means is now over. Enjoy what little time you have left as a free man in the UK. In 2-3 months you will find your true home.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 21, 2007
The Judiciary is definetely not the most corrupt Institution.

It is the abilities of the lawyers that enable a judge to make a correct Judgement. . If all the facts are not before him/her and all the procedures are not followed cases will not go right at all.

There are many bad eggs in the judiciary but it cannot be the worst institution.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by Radiant(f): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2007
Whatever the ruling body and law making bodies of Nigeria are called, they're still Nigerians and VERY CORRUPT!!!

Nigeria is beyond 'repair'! We'e just managing ourselves there and until we face the real truth, we'll remain as we are or get worse.

Nigerian Judiciary my ass! Like there's freedom of speech in Nigeria. angry
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by mowapa(m): 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2007
I see we have some LAW SCHOOL REJECT in this forum. People making a layman judicial pronouncement. The truth is William Jefferson(D) that started the whole issue was still allowed to contest and reelected despite being investigated and indicted.Only the court can pronounce you guilty of such crime not EFFC or OBJ. And to Atiku haters who are venting their anger here, if the guy gets elected, I bet your PARENT will be running to ABUJA either with their RESUME or looking for a CONTRACT. To them nothing spoil.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by omofineboy(m): 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2007
@ shutmouth

I doubt you know anything about rule of law and democracy, your comments were most unfortunate,

@IYDE

There is a wide difference between an opinion and interpretation of the constitution, the fact that Gani made a statement didnt translate same into law. I hope you understand.

The Courts are now better, in this dispensation Judges are left to their conscience and the truth.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by omofineboy(m): 6:24pm On Feb 21, 2007
@ shutmouth

I doubt you know anything about rule of law and democracy, your comments were most unfortunate,

@IYDE

There is a wide difference between an opinion and interpretation of the constitution, the fact that Gani made a statement didnt translate same into law. I hope you understand.

The Courts are now better, in this dispensation Judges are left to their conscience and the truth.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by stanech: 6:40pm On Feb 21, 2007
Democracy my ass. Please my fellow country men, dont let these guys decieve una with thier politricks and magumagu they are all the same wether ATIKU,OBJ,IBB they are all the same no difference all they are doing now is letting you believe that they are really enemies and at nght they make phonecalls and console each other with words like

Atiku: Hello sir,

OBJ:  Boy how na

Atiku: Oga I dey Oh

OBJ:  U try for that comment oh

Atiku: Oga I am always loyal to you sir

OBJ:   Leave those people them go suffer tire,

Atiku: Yes oh this is just the beginning

OBJ: so wetin we go do be say we go let this comment issue turn headline for like 3days so that make we go take am divert thier attention from the last oil Wind fall money issue becos I no wan go jail after 2007

Atiku: Me too oh

OBJ: Thats my boy: I don tell Iweala make she wire 3billion naira go your account for swiss

Atiku:  Thank u Oga

OBj: Ok na later

Atiku: What of the senators them no go chop

OBJ:   We go send ghana must go to them tommorrow during sitting

Atiku:  Ok sir bye bye , wait wait sir  Wait. if this headline tire the media which one we go bring

OBJ: No worry,  u no trust me ?

Atiku: All correct sir

OBJ :  Ok make I sleep now bye
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by stanech: 6:46pm On Feb 21, 2007
So that is how they make stories why you guys spend time making writeups on them.

THE ONLY ANSWER TO THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY IS REVOLUTION
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by debosky(m): 6:49pm On Feb 21, 2007
Revolution? explain yourself
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by stanech: 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2007
yea debosky revolution killing of all the past and present politicians in this country like wht happened in Ghana
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by IykeD1(m): 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2007
@omofineboy,

Please don't tell me that courts have not being known to interpret the laws upside
down. If that wasn't the case, then we should have the best legal and court system
in the world.

What precedence and kind of government are you planning on having if a sitting vice
president can leave the party that put him in power, join the opposition and yet refuse
to resign his office?

What kind of cordiality or effectiveness do you expect of such a government where the
president and the vice president do not even speak to each other or the vice president
feels he doesn't have to take any order from the president? Why should he if there are
no consequences?

With respect to succession, what is the use of having political parties field a joint ticket
when all it takes is the death of the president or governor for the ruling party to lose its
power to the party to which the vice president has bolted to. Knowing our over ambitious
leaders, they will help out the process too by "taking out" the presidents just to achieve
their dreams. As usual, people allow their hatred for Obasanjo or the PDP get the best of
them that they don't even realize how short-sighted this ruling presents.

Its only in Nigeria you can have such moronic rulings and issues to begin with. Its not an
issue of whether or not Obasanjo has the powers to sack the vice president, that is a NO,
but the vice president loses his claim to the office the minute he resigns from the political
party and ticket under which he was elected!
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by CrudeOil2(m): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2007
Atiku,is not a coward.He a victorious man.You guys are atikuphobic.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by shutmouth(m): 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2007
What precedence and kind of government are you planning on having if a sitting vice
president can leave the party that put him in power, join the opposition and yet refuse
to resign his office?

This does not happen anywhere in the world.

We are meant to understand that Atiku has a different constitution from us.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by IykeD1(m): 11:01pm On Feb 21, 2007
Atiku,is not a coward.He a victorious man.You guys are atikuphobic.

If being [b]atikuphobic [/b]means wanting the better or best for Nigeria, and a chance to
experience a clean break from extremely corrupt leaders of the past, then I am guilty
as charged.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by mowapa(m): 11:09pm On Feb 21, 2007
ITS THE DUTY OF THE JUDICIARY TO INTERPRET THE LAW! THAT'S WHAT WAS DONE HERE BY THE COURT. LET'S MOVE PEOPLE AND FOCUS ON OTHER THINGS. OBJ AND ATIKU ARE IN THEIR 60s. THEY MAY BE ON THEIR LAST LEG IF THE THIRD WORLD MORTALITY RATE COULD BE BELIEVED.

[center] NIGERIA IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND AND BIGGER THAN THEM
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
[/center]
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by stanech: 5:34am On Feb 22, 2007
It is a pity nobody here speaks ma mind

These guys are all the same

Birds of the same feathers

Them dey share the money Both Execu-thieves Legisla-shop and Judi-share-it
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by adconline(m): 6:44am On Feb 22, 2007
How come other senators and governors  who crossed over to other parties did not resign their positions. It looks like some folks here are bereft of some democratic procedures in a presidential system. So many governors have had problems with their deputies, Chris Ngige, Tinubu,Orji Uzo etc. They did not fire their deputies, but  they were impeached by their houses of assembly. OBJ thought that he was bigger than our constitution, unfortunately  this is not a parliamentary system where a prime minister can fire his/her deputy. OBJ sought for Nigerian  votes on the platform of OBASANJO/ATIKU ticket, so he cannot extricate  Atiku from his job.

Fellas, this is a president of illegality, Remember Fmr Justice Uwais said that he would have ordered for his arrest for contempt of the law. OBJ has lost all his cases. from Bakassi, Lagos vs FG, Oil producing states,Ngige,Oyo State, Peter Obi  to Atiku. I believe that  his legal team has  performed woefully. Charge and bail lawyers might have  done better.

We are not supposed to be commenting on this threat because the judiciary is not there to serve the purpose of Mr president. that's the only institution that can tell Mr president you are wrong without offending him, Mr Ali-PDP, and EFCC. Their onus is to interpret the law.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Teenager Wins British Parliamentary Debate / Pdp Strived To Field Fashola For The April Polls --kwankwaso / “I Was Surprised Over MKO Abiola’s Sudden Death” - Anyaoku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.