Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,272 members, 7,954,066 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:49 AM

Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria (3259 Views)

Chief Justice Of Nigeria Just Saved Nigerian Judiciary / Which Is The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria ? / US Firm, General Electric, Accuses Nigerian Judiciary Of Corruption In US Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by shutmouth(m): 7:09pm On Feb 22, 2007
I came to Nairaland to nail Atiku.

Mission Accomplished!!!

It's time to say "AU REVOUR".

Got other important work to accomplish.

Buh Bye, See Ya!!!

Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by sucess001(m): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2007
i think its rather unfortunate that we have let our emotions taken the better part of our argument, we all dont understand the issues at stake, the truth is that there is a lacuna(gap) in the constitution with regards to what will happen if a vice president crosscarpets, so that means until the constitution is amended, meaning cannot be read into the gap and things inserted, that will be disrespecting the constition, i wonder on what basis we ll say the judiciary is corrupt, we all hear allegations of corruption on the executive and the legislature but same is not replicated to the judiciary, discovered a lot of us placed these opinion cos we dont know the law, as per Gani, he did not make the constitution, he is not more versed than all other lawyers and he CAN NEVER!!! NEVER!!! know more than the learned justices of the court of appeal, its funny, does it now mean that if gani has a case in the court of appeal, cos he is gani, his stand has to be correct?he ahs to win?the thing is that he is like every other lawyer!!!

if u want a more detailed analysis of the legal isues, i ll let u have it, i am a lawyer
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by IykeD1(m): 12:19am On Feb 24, 2007
@success101,

I am not a lawyer but since you are, please share with us what you think the implication of such a
ruling means for a country's democracy especially party politics. If you don't think the ruling in
itself won't set off any precdence that could hunt the country in the future, please help none legal
minds likes us to understand why.

The Gore vs Bush supreme court verdict of 2000 is still faulted by a large number of Americans today,
as a matter of fact, a good number of Americans still believe that Gore was robbed. That the judges
are very learned, doesn't mean their interpretations of the laws can not be flawed.

You mentioned that there is a gap in the constitution with respect to the vice president cross-carpeting,
if that is true, isn't the fact that this was not in the constitution to begin with also mean that it was not
tolerated or sanctioned by the constitution because of the un-workability of such an arrangement? This
is more so considering the fact that cross-carpeting by others was addressed in the constitution. Please
enlighten us some more. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by adconline(m): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2007
iyke -d

Judges can deliver rulings based on certain situations, like precedent, national interest,security etc. Gore Vs Bush was purely on national interest just like the way the Supreme court ruled in favour of OBJ in his case with Buhari. The courts acknowledged there were malpractices, but ignored them so as not to create a political vacuum.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by IykeD1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2007
@adconline.

You echoed my sentiments exactly - If this ruling is not overturned it will be setting a
dangerous precedence that will not bode well for the country.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by dazangel11(f): 5:35pm On Feb 24, 2007
Iyke-D:

@adconline.

You echoed my sentiments exactly - If this ruling is not overturned it will be setting a
dangerous precedence that will not bode well for the country.

Nothing dey happen ATiku has been disqualified thats final.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by adconline(m): 8:16pm On Feb 24, 2007
Even if Atiku receives a clean bill of health from Almighty, I will be not be voting for him in a million years, because he is part of OBJ. My point is that ATiku cannot be more corrupt than OBJ. If Atiku is more corrupt as OBJ is making gullible minded fellows to believe, then ATIKU had been running the country. OBJ awarded 100% of the contracts, and controlled ministry of Petroleum not Atiku. The point is that stopping Atiku from contesting election will never stop corruption in Naija, but prosecuting him and all other politicians will to a great extent deter incoming politicians. The will to fight corruption is there, but there is no strength because OBJ has not practiced what he preached, that’s why other Govt officials/governors copied. If OBJ hands were not soiled in corruption, he would have had the effrontery to prosecute those politicians. How can they list ministers like Kwankwaso, and Agagu who served under OBJ and yet they are not prosecuted, while OBJ was able to prosecute Dr Fabian Osuji for offering bribes of about N 55 million to NASS, yet we cannot prosecute people who stole billions including OBJ
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by hammah(m): 12:16am On Feb 25, 2007
you are fucking dead wrong!!! a million times square for that matter!judiciary still honourable in terms of corruption.The 'EXECU-THIEVES' is the most corrupt and unaccountable institution in Nigeria headed by the great ALI BABA of Nigeria-OBJ.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by Ferlie(m): 12:17am On Feb 25, 2007
Nairalanders - the most corrupt institution on earth.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by saintchux(m): 8:45pm On Feb 25, 2007
The Judiciary ha done their job we are now crucifying them. The constitution was clear in how to remove an elected person, be it president vice, governor or deputy. Why not follow it.

That Joshua Dariye is corrput is not the reason he should be impeached by less than 2/3. If Atiku is corrupt, the constitution did not give OBJ right to fire him. Atiku is not his employee or his minister. Let us follow the constitution the way it is, after all there was an opportunity to amend it, to correct some of it deficient, but OBJ messed it up b/c of 3rd term.

OBJ is more corrupt than that all those he accuses of corrupt. the meddling in the EFCC list which Ribadu himself has confirmed is more criminal that anything.

Whoever wins the election, I don't care, but let OBJ go.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by sucess001(m): 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2007
havent been here in a while but i guess alot has happened and ve been proved right with regards to whether atiku can contest, the truth is that its a settled legal principle, u cannot nail a man on the report of a panel improperly constituted, "he who comes to equity must come with clean hands", the judgement of the supreme court was unanimous, i comment my reserve!!!
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by otokx(m): 9:50pm On Apr 21, 2007
The Nigerian Judiciary is one of the finest in the world.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by MP007(m): 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2007
The most corrupt? are u insane, !, they aint saints but i think its senseless to come unto this forum posting up sh^t,
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by MP007(m): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2007
The most corrupt? are u insane, !, they aint saints but i think its senseless to come unto this forum posting up sh%t,
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by BUSHFELLOW(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2007
the police and the phcn are the most corrupt institute in nigeria not the judiciary at least they have tried and we have seen some landmark judgement but what have we seen of the police and the phcn authority
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by fromuk(m): 7:30pm On Jun 25, 2007
otokx:

The Nigerian Judiciary is one of the finest in the world.
maybe u are OBJ or ATIKU's son or daughter.
Re: Nigerian Judiciary: The Most Corrupt Institution In Nigeria by angel101(f): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2007
Most corrupt = Police!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Street Begging Banned In Plateau / Fayose Campaigns With Helicopter In Lagos / Ending Political Tensions: What Nigeria Could Learn From Latin America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.