Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. (21784 Views)

Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister / Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas / Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 10:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
YORUBAS SHOULD NOT TAKE OUR KIND CHRISTIAN SENSE OF FORGIVENESS AS A WEAKNESS.

WE WILL NOT ALWAYS READILY FORGIVE.

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 10:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
FIRST PICTURE YORUBA MUSLIM KING IN A LAGOS PART REJECTS OONI OF IFE BECOS HE THINKS THE OONI IS CHRISTIAN, BUT SEE HOW AN IGBO KING WELCOMED HIM.

THAT IS BECOS US IGBOS ARE VERYING WELCOMING OF PEOPLE.

YORUBA SHOULD NEVER PERCEIVE OUR CHRISTIAN VALUES AS WEAKNESS.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2017
Alcatraz005:

It is now a law that would be implemented. Where were the igbos when the bill was passing through 1st - 3rd reading and committee stage?

don't worry about all that.
op just raise this..maybe folks have not actually been informed..
time will correct the anomaly..

is not just right.. the way the west goes about some issues eh kwa.. like they think other nigerians are jokers.. andwhen you accuse them of tribalism and all sort.. they come up with strong insults and unreasonable reasons.

this internet and it never forgets.. people read this posts.. not only igbos or nigerians..

the way we present ourselves is how the worlsd sees us.. it might not matter to you..but it really matters..
not now to you..but definitely someday.. you will wake and understand what "nigerians " has done to themselves.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Klinee: 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
Guestlander:

Igbo is not indigenous to Lagos. This is simple logic, you are also free to make Igbo mandatory in Abia or Ebonyi and the rest.
So long as they reside,do business and pay taxes in Lagos, they have every Constitutionally right to be recognized as integral part of Lagos. And they must also share equivalent right with the so called indigenous.

We are talking about Lagos and your are bringing Abia and Ebonyi into the matter, what concern both States here?
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by PVision2020(m): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:
[s][/s]

DIDN'T READ DAT TRASH!

NOTHING WILL MAKE MY CHILDREN LEAVE THEIR STUDIES AND START LEARNING A USELESS LANGUAGE LIKE YORUBA.
oga you can't help it, hardly will you find an Igbo kid that has spend up to 3years in Lagos that will not understand Yoruba.
From Church to street to school to club/entertainment, Yoruba ti take over. Its the language of culture, business and most importantly MUSIC.

This is just the beginning of the yoruba domination agenda. LOL

5 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
Klinee:
So long as they reside,do business and pay taxes in Lagos, they have every Constitutionally right to be recognized as integral part of Lagos. And they must also share equivalent right with the so called indigenous.

We are talking about Lagos and your are bringing Abia and Ebonyi into the matter, what concern both States here?

SO IS LAGOS FIST NOW BEFORE NIGERIA?

I JUST LIKE THE WAY YOU YORUBAS ARE UNSTABLE.

THAT IS Y I WANT BIAFRA BECOS I AM CONFIDENT THAT IN UNDER 12HRS, U WILL TEAR EACH OTHER LIMB FOR LIMB.

FIRST THEY TELL US NIGERIA BEFORE TRIBE.

THAT IS WAT THEY LIKE TO TELL IGBO GIRLS.

U ARE NIGERIAN BEFORE IGBO, NOW IT IS LAGOS BEFORE NIGERIA. grin
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by PVision2020(m): 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
Klinee:

So Igbo's don't reside or pay taxes in kano? why don't you object to Hausa being taught up north?
When I served in rivers state we (corpers) were all made to learn the indigenous languages (kalabari, ikwere, Ogoni etc) in camp despite Rivers being a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.
Disrespect is when you fail to honour the people you meet in a place and also trying to impose your will on them.
The law has been passed, you guys can do you worst.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
Klinee:

Continue speaking grammar there. We shall go ahead with implementation of the law.

5 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by aribisala0(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
In the UK the Welsh language is compulsory in Wales the skies are still upstairs

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
Klinee:

[/s]Trash, go and give them the right na. Who even get time to waste arguing with you people. Go to your land and make your own decision. This is Yoruba land and the bill has been passed. Anyone who doesn't like it can kindly hit the road to the east and north. West gives no damn.

7 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2017
PVision2020:

So Igbo's don't reside or pay taxes in kano? why don't you object to Hausa being taught up north?
When I served in rivers state we (corpers) were all made to learn the indigenous languages (kalabari, ikwere, Ogoni etc) in camp despite Rivers being a cosmopolitan state like Lagos.
Disrespect is when you fail to honour the people you meet in a place and also trying to impose your will on them.
The law has been passed, you guys can do you worst.
They have no worst to do. Who cares about their rant. They should go back to east if e dey pain them.

6 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 11:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
legitnow:

If we allow u force langauage that is useless on us, tomorrow the Hausafulani will force islam on us.
Y not just accept that u feel the same way kanu and IPOB feel and call referendum, u can make Yoruba ur official language and only speak yoruba. grin
So, Hausa will come to your land to force Islam on you. You sound stupid. How did Lagos forces Yoruba language on you in their own land? Do they go to amambra or abia to make Yoruba language compulsory. Lagos is Yoruba land, if you can't learn the language, then fashy. Go and tell German not to make their language compulsory na .

7 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 12:02am On Oct 21, 2017
aribisala0:
In the UK the Welsh language is compulsory in Wales the skies are still upstairs

Lagos is not southwest. My children will not speak YORUBA.

Kiss the truth.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 12:13am On Oct 21, 2017
months:
[s][/s]

IT IS TOO LATE, ONCE A REFERENDUM DATE IS AGREED FOR BIAFRA, I SWEAR U HAVE MY BLESSING TO MAKE YORUBA UR OFFICIAL LANGUAGE.

SEE IF I CARE, BUT FOR NOW IN ONE NIGERIA, I DO CARE ABOUT U PEOPLE FORCING A LANGUAGE THAT IS NOT OURS ON MY CHILDREN.
Mtchewww. Blessing my foot. You are mad with your blessing.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 12:18am On Oct 21, 2017
months:

Lagos is not southwest. My children will not speak YORUBA.

Kiss the truth.
Ok, Lagos is not south west. Lagos is south east. Hope your are okay now. Nobody cares if your kids speaks Yoruba or not. If your children like, they can speak egun. That one is you and your kids palava. All we know is Yoruba is now a must in Lagos schools simple. Ebonyi road is very much opened.

8 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 12:24am On Oct 21, 2017
ALOWONLE419:
MAJORITY CARRIES THE VOTE BRUH... YOU INFIDELS ARE INCONSEQUENTIAL WHEN IT COMES TO WHO DICTATE WHAT HAPPENS IN YORUBA LAND
Mtchewww, Your rant in ondo is a child play. Islam is useless In Yoruba land. We don't want people who can't see the moon until their northern master decides for them.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by knowledgeable: 12:27am On Oct 21, 2017
totit:

Could please point out or prove where ibo children was targeted in the said law or info provided so far? Are ibos the only tribe/people in Lagos?

I don tire of this lamentation and victim mentality abeg.

Igbo children are your target primarily. We know Yorubas to well. Igbos are specifically endowed.....dominating sports, entertainment, beauty contests and etc. It's only a matter of time when awards and shows will be conducted in Yoruba language in lagos. This will give the outside world the impression that all these talented and beautiful people are Yorubas.

Unity beggars in other to promote Yoruba tribe only.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 12:27am On Oct 21, 2017
months:

4 yoruba children. u cannot force it on the non yorubas.

my kids will not be wasting their time on a useless language.
Olay, take them back to ebonyi where they can learn a useful language. Not here in Lagos, Eko tiwa. OR ebonyi dey chase you?

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 12:28am On Oct 21, 2017
knowledgeable:

Igbo children are your target primarily. We know Yorubas to well. Igbos are specifically endowed.....dominating sports, entertainment, beauty contests and etc. It's only a matter of time when awards and shows will be conducted in Yoruba language in lagos. This will give the outside world the impression that all these talented and beautiful people are Yorubas.

more like inferiority complex mental paralysis.

igbo natural endowment have drove dem mad with envy, make dem come collect my children now make i dey see.

Ndi ara.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 12:31am On Oct 21, 2017
knowledgeable:

We don hear you. But all these igbo dominate this and that won't stop what we want. If you like, kill yourself, we care not. If you like you can dominate Atlantic or Pacific Ocean. We don't care. Yoruba language is compulsory in Lagos. If you don't like it. Hit the road to aba.

7 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 12:36am On Oct 21, 2017
months:

more like inferiority complex mental paralysis.

igbo natural endowment have drove dem mad with envy, make dem come collect my children now make i dey see.

Ndi ara.
Who is collecting your children hehehehehe. I love the pain you are going through now. Let me advise you, if you must die in yorubaland because ebonyi dey chase you. Then remove your children from Lagos schools because of Yoruba language. But it won't stop the language from being compulsory one.

6 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by otosa(m): 12:36am On Oct 21, 2017
The law of the land has spoken and it need two things from you which are obey the law or leeave the space of the law. And this is the reason why we need the restructuring, china said Language is power to achieve all thing thing in live. Does it means that since Lagos has join the union of so called Nigeria is should use her native language to pay for it. Meanwhile, if you don't know better add it to your app in your memory that this is the language of land.
months:
No member of my family and never will my children go to School to waste their time learning a language that is useless in commerce, science and technology.

I sent them to school to develop themselves and contribute to human development.

How is my Igbo son/daughter learning Yoruba useful?

All this yoruba attempt to convert other tribes to yoruba is doomed to fail.

Go and teach your yoruba children their language, culture and heritage, leave other tribes out of it.

We will not hesitate to drag Lagos state government to court and get that Bill by Lagos State Assembly struck out as unconstitutional.

Just leave our children that are not yoruba out of your tribalistic ethnic domination agenda of other tribes residing the the Commercial capital of our Country Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 12:38am On Oct 21, 2017
[s]
knowledgeable:

[/s]

I am fed with this victim mentality already.
If dominating online makes you happy, good for ya' all.
But make una stop crying all over the place.
Lool grin the rate as which ya delusional nitwits rape the word " dominate " can be quite annoying thou grin

Lmao.

10 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by aribisala0(m): 12:39am On Oct 21, 2017
Michael004:
We don hear you. But all these igbo dominate this and that won't stop what we want. If you like, kill yourself, we care not. If you like you can dominate Atlantic or Pacific Ocean. We don't care. Yoruba language is compulsory in Lagos. If you don't like it. Hit the road to aba.
Eboes c'est dominee

7 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by aribisala0(m): 12:39am On Oct 21, 2017
Michael004:
Eboes c'est dominez tout

5 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Michael004: 12:44am On Oct 21, 2017
aribisala0:
Eboes c'est dominez tout
lol
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 12:44am On Oct 21, 2017
How can such an irritating fellow with delusional mentality and dumb inferiority problem bear such a great handle/word " knowledgeable" What an insult and embarrassment on such a powerful word.

Seun should insert some sort of software that examine mental stability or state of mental analysis before approving new members for registration on here, abeg Seun do somebody we beg you cheesy cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 1:07am On Oct 21, 2017
totit:
How can such an irritating fellow with delusional mentality and dumb inferiority problem bear such a great handle/word " knowledgeable" What an insult and embarrassment on such a powerful word.

Seun should insert some sort of software that examine mental stability or state of mental analysis before approving new members for registration on here, abeg Seun do somebody we beg you cheesy cheesy grin

no amount of flattery will work, leave our children alone............................................................................................................................................................................................

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 1:11am On Oct 21, 2017
months:

no amount of flattery will work, leave our children alone............................................................................................................................................................................................

grin grin

What a miserable experience.

I guess it's too late now, anyway :

The bill was finally passed on Thursday with the Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa, ordering the Clerk of the House, Mr Azeez Sanni, to send a clean draft copy of the bill to the state Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode for his assent.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/lagos-house-assembly-passes-yoruba-language-bill-law/

Take heart by brother. grin and please, try to sleep and get well soon. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 1:16am On Oct 21, 2017
totit:

;[s]D grin

What a miserable experience.

I guess it's too late now, anyway :

Take heart by brother. grin and please, try to sleep and get well soon. cheesy[/s]

u are so daft.. dat u ratherr keep deluding urself on an impossibility.

my children will not learn yoruba becos it is a useless language kiss the truth. daft!

2 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 1:18am On Oct 21, 2017
months:

u are so daft.. dat u ratherr keep deluding urself on an impossibility.

my children will not learn yoruba becos it is a useless language kiss the truth. daft!

Thank you for the insult.
Can you please quit wetting my mention with a grown up, adult tears, now grin

cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

“I Was Beaten By EFCC Operatives” - Orji Uzor Kalu Denies Stealing Abia N7.2b / President Buhari lands in Nigeria / NECA Director-General, Timothy Olawale Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.