Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. (21783 Views)

Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister / Facts Emerge Non-yorubas Have Been In Lagos For Years Before Immigrant Yorubas / Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
here's chidinma......an Igbo girl, she schooled in Lagos. she's fluent in Yoruba
I even love her remix than reminisce' original. u n ur children should emulate her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zry77plzfnw&list=RDzry77plzfnw

4 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
omohayek:

[s]The OP is clearly suffering from deep-seated cultural and linguistic insecurity, and is fearful that the allure of Yoruba civilization is so strong that no Igbo child given a linguistic entry-way into our culture will be able to resist the desire to completely assimilate!

Nobody with the slightest self-confidence about the value and attractiveness of their own culture would be wasting so much time on an anonymous online forum, talking nonsense about filing lawsuits to block a policy that has already been implemented. I actually spent several years of my youth living in the north, during which time I picked up quite a bit of Hausa in school (which I've since forgotten), but it never occurred to me or my parents that I was somehow endangering my Yoruba identity by doing so: it's simply common sense, as well as a show of respect for the natives of where one lives, to learn the indigenous language. If Igbos are so scared that learning to communicate with the majority in their language will destroy their children's "Igboness", then maybe they should be asking how to make that Igbo identity more attractive, instead of wasting time tilting against windmills - there's simply no chance of this law being reversed in the future.[/s]

NO AMOUNT OF NAIRALAND GENERATED FAKE LIKES OR SIGNING IN WITH MULTIPLE MONIKER THAT WILL STOP ME FROM SPEAKING MY MIND.

I RATHER LEARN HAUSA AND BECOME A MUSLIM THAN YORUBA.

US IGBOS ARE VERY CLEAR AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT ABOUT WAT WE WANT AND ARE ALWAYS PREPARE TO MAKE THE SACRIFICE.

WE GOT TIRED OF SHARING NATIOANLITY, WE REQUESTED A SEPARATE COUNTRY U REFUSE.

NOW U WANT TO FORCE OUR CHILDREN THAT EVEN WE AS THEIR PARENTS HAVE NOT FORCE TO SPEAK IGBO TO SPEAK YOUR YORUBA.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
I REPEAT, I RATHER LEARN HAUSA AND BECOME A MUSLIM THAN YORUBA.

I HATE EVERYTHING YORUBAS STAND FOR, BETRAYAL, COWARDICE AND DISHONESTY.

IF HAUSA DONT LIKE SOMETHING DEY SPEAK UP, IF IGBOS DONT THEY SPEAK UP.

THERE IS NO NEED TO PRETEND TO URSELF, LIFE IS TOO SHORT.

THE WORLD BELONGS TO NO MAN AND NOTHING IS PERMANENT

SAY IT AND BE FREE.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by zurielsam(m): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:

I KNOW U ARE NOT STUPID.
you can say i am
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Ioseph(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ioseph:

Don't you see the irony of trying to force Yoruba language upon someone when everyone on this forum is using pidgin and english?

If someone wanted a language with more national identity, Pidgin could be used - it's much less unfair than Yoruba enforcement. Remember that French was once pidgin Latin and only used in conversation until the French became proud of themselves, stopped calling it pidgin and started calling it French. The same happened with Spanish and Italian. The original French languages were Frankish and Gaul, both of which were mixed into the Latin slang that became French. Wetin more unifying for naija, pidgin or Yoruba??

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by omohayek: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:

NO AMOUNT OF NAIRALAND GENERATED FAKE LIKES OR SIGNING IN WITH MULTIPLE MONIKER THAT WILL STOP ME FROM SPEAKING MY MIND.

US IGBOS ARE VERY CLEAR AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT ABOUT WAT WE WANT AND ARE ALWAYS PREPARE TO MAKE THE SACRIFICE.

NOW U WANT TO FORCE OUR CHILDREN THAT EVEN WE AS THEIR PARENTS HAVE NOT FORCE TO SPEAK IGBO TO SPEAK YOUR YORUBA.

Then why don't you move north to where you can adopt the Hausa Muslim identity you desire so badly? What is forcing you to stay amongst Yoruba people you hate and fear so much? Abi dem swear for una?

As for your Biafran ranting rubbish, you should have checked my posting history before spewing your verbal diarrhea, as I have always supported giving you lot a referendum over your Biafran paradise, which I hope you win fair and square, so that we can then legally be rid of idiots like you who are clearly going crazy over the fact that Lagos was, is, and always be solidly Yoruba territory. If it were up to me, you'd be on your way to Nnewi or wherever this very night to start building your own Lagos, leaving us in peace in our fathers' land.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2017
IMAGINE MY KIDS JOINING A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHOSE POLICY IS DISHONESTY AND FRAUD.

TELLING LIES AND BETRAYAL.

I REJECT IT.

I RATHER JOIN HAUSAFULANI AND BECOME A MUSLIM.

WAT DO I HAVE IN COMMON WITH THE ABOVE, BRAVERY, SACRIFICE AND SPEAKING UP WEN U DONT ACCEPT OR LIKE A PARTICULAR THING.

WE DONT PRETEND AND BACKBITE, IF WE DONT LIKE U, U WILL KNOW OF IT.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by ALOWONLE419(m): 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Are you in Lagos? I want us to meet so you can kill me cos I am Christian. Should I give you an address? You would tell me if as a Muslim you have craze in your head.
I DONT HAVE ANY BUSINESS WITH XTAINS
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by ALOWONLE419(m): 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
GaggleNSwallow:

Madness!
IPOD PIG
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2017
omohayek:

[s]Then why don't you move north to where you can adopt the Hausa Muslim identity you desire so badly? What is forcing you to stay amongst Yoruba people you hate and fear so much? Abi dem swear for una?

As for your Biafran ranting rubbish, you should have checked my posting history before spewing your verbal diarrhea, as I have always supported giving you lot a referendum over your Biafran paradise, which I hope you win fair and square, so that we can then legally be rid of idiots like you who are clearly going crazy over the fact that Lagos was, is, and always be solidly Yoruba territory. If it were up to me, you'd be on your way to Nnewi or wherever this very night to start building your own Lagos, leaving us in peace in our fathers' land.[/s]

SHUT UP! U CANNOT HAVE UR CAKE AND EAT IT.

BIAFRA IS A COUNTRY AND IT IS THE IGBO COUNTRY.

WE ARE NOT MOVING ANYHWERE, OTHER THAN BIAFRA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2017
Sorry to say this, if you are still replying the OP, who believes Lagos is not a state and he and his group are out to hijack Lagos gov in his imaginary law suit? Then you are as crazy and delusional as the OP.

Lmao grin

7 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Guestlander: 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:
IMAGINE MY KIDS JOINING A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHOSE POLICY IS DISHONESTY AND FRAUD.

TELLING LIES AND BETRAYAL.

I REJECT IT.

I RATHER JOIN HAUSAFULANI AND BECOME A MUSLIM.

WAT DO I HAVE IN COMMON WITH THE ABOVE, BRAVERY, SACRIFICE AND SPEAKING UP WEN U DONT ACCEPT OR LIKE A PARTICULAR THING.

WE DONT PRETEND AND BACKBITE, IF WE DONT LIKE U, U WILL KNOW OF IT.

The fact that you expend so much time and energy on this subject tells me one thing; you are deeply insecure about your own identity.
You are practically begging Yoruba to accept you. It looks so pathetic, you need to stop.

6 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
totit:
Sorry to say this, if you are still replying the OP, who believes Lagos is not a state and he and his group are out to hijack Lagos gov in his imaginary law suit? Then you are as crazy and delusional as the OP.

Lmao grin

HONESTLY, YORUBA PEOPLE ARE CURSED AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN AN OBSTACLE TO THEMSELVES AND ANYBODY THAT ASSOCIATES WITH THEM.

DO U KNOW Y? BECOS THEY ARE UNSTABLE AS WATER AND NEVER COMFORTABLE IN THEIR OWN SKIN.

WE WILL SURELY FIGHT IT OUT IN COURT NOT BECOS WE CARE WHETHER YORUBA IS AN OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN SOUTH WEST BUT BECOS, THE BILL CROSSED THE LINE INTO OTHER GROUPS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO CULTURAL AFFILIATION WITH THE YORUBA LANGUAGE.

WE ARE NOT YORUBAS.

WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR CHILDREN, NOT THAT WE GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR YORUBA CHILDREN.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
months:

HONESTLY, YORUBA PEOPLE ARE CURSED AND WILL ALWAYS REMAIN AN OBSTACLE TO THEMSELVES AND ANYBODY THAT ASSOCIATES WITH THEM.

DO U KNOW Y? BECOS THEY ARE UNSTABLE AS WATER AND NEVER COMFORTABLE IN THEIR OWN SKIN.

WE WILL SURELY FIGHT IT OUT IN COURT NOT BECOS WE CARE WHETHER YORUBA IS AN OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN SOUTH WEST BUT BECOS, THE BILL CROSSED THE LINE INTO OTHER GROUPS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO CULTURAL AFFILIATION WITH THE YORUBA LANGUAGE.

WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR CHILDREN, NOT THAT WE GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOUR YORUBA CHILDREN.
[/s]

7 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by aribisala0(m): 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
Says the impotent loser who will not contribute a kobo when court case starts

8 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
totit:
[s][/s]

LONELY MAN LOOKING FOR IGBOS DAY AND NIGHT, NOW U WANT TO CLAIM OTHER TRIBES CHILDREN IN BROAD DAY LIGHT AND FORCE YORUBA LANGUAGE ON THEM.

LET US SEE HOW DAT HAPPENS.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
Guestlander:

The fact that you expend so much time and energy on this subject tells me one thing; you are deeply insecure about your own identity.
You are practically begging Yoruba to accept you
. It looks so pathetic, you need to stop.

Proud to be yoruba, a great tribe that them them survival depend on to survive and breathe.

God bless SW, God bless yoruba race. grin

10 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
ALOWONLE419:
I DONT HAVE ANY BUSINESS WITH XTAINS

I do have a few Muslim friends though but I don’t really fancy Islam and you won’t see me exhibiting hate like you did earlier. As for your boasts about Islam and yorubaland, we Christians await the start of Islamic terrorism from your ilk. You would be shocked that we shall defeat you and rid you of extremism.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by PapalsBull(m): 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
months:

[/s]
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by totit: 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
months:

LONELY MAN LOOKING FOR IGBOS DAY AND NIGHT, NOW U WANT TO CLAIM OTHER TRIBES CHILDREN IN BROAD DAY LIGHT AND FORCE YORUBA LANGUAGE ON THEM.

LET US SEE HOW DAT HAPPENS.
[/s]

Cry cry baby grin

7 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by omohayek: 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:

But that's exactly where I want you to go, this very minute if I could help it! Oya, leave Lagos to its owners and go back east to start erecting your paradise.

You won't do it, of course, and you'll come up with more idiotic excuses about "ur cake and eat it", even though I've already said twice now that I fully support your cause, because ultimately all you Biafran ranters are nothing but empty barrels using online forums like Nairaland as psychological counseling for your mental issues (explaining your all-caps screeds). Here's a newsflash for you: it's not the fault of Yorubas or the Lagos State government that you're a failure in life who is scared senseless that Yoruba language and culture will overpower his own if his people are exposed to it while in school.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:

So quit whining and go buy Yoruba textbooks for your children in our schools else they would be penalized.

8 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
Alcatraz005:

So quit whining and go buy Yoruba textbooks for your children in our schools else they would be penalized.

LET ME JUST ASK YORUBAS, WAT WILL U DO IF U WAKE UP ONE MORNING AND ICC ORDER REFERENDUM FOR BIAFRA?

WILL U GO AND CARRY THE HAUSAFULANI TO GO AND KILL ALL THE IGBOS BEFORE THEY LEAVE U TO BIAFRA?

LAGOS IS A GLORIFIED GHETTO, NOBODY WILL FIGHT U FOR IT. THE BOLDNESS OF THE BIAFRA AGITATION IS PROVE THAT LAGOS IS NOT SIGNIFICANT.

WE WILL DEMAND A TIME SCALE WITHDRAWAL OF OUR ASSET AND PEOPLE AND THEN U CAN HAVE LAGOS WHILST WE BUILD SOMETHING OF OUR OWN STANDARD IN THE EAST BUT WE KNOW U WILL DIE OF PAIN WEN THAT TIMES COMES.

IT WILL, JUST THAT SOME OF US ARE A LITTLE IMPATIENT AND WANT IT NOW.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Unik3030: 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:
No member of my family and never will my children go to School to waste their time learning a language that is useless in commerce, science and technology.

I sent them to school to develop themselves and contribute to human development.

How is my Igbo son/daughter learning Yoruba useful?

All this yoruba attempt to convert other tribes to yoruba is doomed to fail.

Go and teach your yoruba children their language, culture and heritage, leave other tribes out of it.

We will not hesitate to drag Lagos state government to court and get that Bill by Lagos State Assembly struck out as unconstitutional.

Just leave our children that are not yoruba out of your tribalistic ethnic domination agenda of other tribes residing the the Commercial capital of our Country Nigeria.
lagos is Yoruba land n anybody can decide to do whatever pleases him on his land, y don't u go back to your biafran paradise instead of ranting online. the earlier d better u realize that your ranting will not change anything, the best thing is to relocate to biafra

7 Likes

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
Unik3030:
lagos is Yoruba land n anybody can decide to do whatever pleases him on his land, y don't u go back to your biafran paradise instead of ranting online. the earlier d better u realize that your ranting will not change anything, the best thing is to relocate to biafra
[/s]
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
DIDN'T READ THAT TRASH!
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by PapalsBull(m): 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
Alcatraz005:

Are you in Lagos? I want us to meet so you can kill me cos I am Christian. Should I give you an address? You would tell me if as a Muslim you have craze in your head.
[/s]
Get the fvckk outa here. You have been beaten and your imagine bartered here on several occasions.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2017
months:

LET ME JUST ASK YORUBAS, WAT WILL U DO IF U WAKE UP ONE MORNING AND ICC ORDER REFERENDUM FOR BIAFRA?

WILL U GO AND CARRY THE HAUSAFULANI TO GO AND KILL ALL THE IGBOS BEFORE THEY LEAVE U TO BIAFRA?

LAGOS IS A GLORIFIED GHETTO, NOBODY WILL FIGHT U FOR IT. THE BOLDNESS OF THE BIAFRA AGITATION IS PROVE THAT LAGOS IS NOT SIGNIFICANT.

WE WILL DEMAND A TIME SCALE WITHDRAWAL OF OUR ASSET AND PEOPLE AND THEN U CAN HAVE LAGOS WHILST WE BUILD SOMETHING OF OUR OWN STANDARD IN THE EAST BUT WE KNOW U WILL DIE OF PAIN WEN THAT TIMES COMES.

IT WILL, JUST THAT SOME OF US ARE A LITTLE IMPATIENT AND WANT IT NOW.

This post proves that highly cerebral sons and daughters have wast d time arguing with a numbskull all night over a done deal. I advise all Yorubas to ignore the OP henceforth.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
Alcatraz005:

This post proves that highly cerebral sons and daughters have wast d time arguing with a numbskull all night over a done deal. I advise all Yorubas to ignore the OP henceforth.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]
Get the fvckk outa here. You have been beaten and your imagine bartered here on several occasions.

I didn’t know I was that famous here. Who are you? I don’t know you.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by months: 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
ANOTHER TRASH FROM A CONFUSED WHOORE... DIDN'T READ DAT.
Re: It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. by PapalsBull(m): 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
Alcatraz005:

I didn’t know I was that famous here. Who are you? I don’t know you.
[/s]
So, being 'famous' on an anonymous forum is now an achievement to you grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

I’ve Served Three Governors In 30 Years - Sanwo-olu / “I Was Beaten By EFCC Operatives” - Orji Uzor Kalu Denies Stealing Abia N7.2b / President Buhari lands in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.