Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women (7907 Views)

Poll: Does divorce makes men more suicidal than women?

Yes: 48% (15 votes)
No: 51% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / Sexist Men More Likely To Prefer Women With Bigger Breasts / Are Married Men More Responsible Than Single Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 3:02am On Mar 14, 2010
Pweety4me:

4get it now edit my comment that u quoted.

pay me cool cool cool
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Pweety4me(f): 3:03am On Mar 14, 2010
na2day?:

pay me cool cool cool

You r breaking d rules if u don't see me here again don't cry oo. . . tongue
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by sistajay(f): 3:14am On Mar 14, 2010
To most, divorce is seen as a failure, most men can't stand losin, especially when they've given their all into the marriage.
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 3:43am On Mar 14, 2010
Pweety4me:

You r breaking d rules if u don't see me here again don't cry oo. . . tongue

what rules?

sista-jay:

To most, divorce is seen as a failure, most men can't stand losin, especially when they've given their all into the marriage.

true but for most it is more than that, the financial implication is way too heavy on the guy's side
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Pweety4me(f): 3:45am On Mar 14, 2010
Forum rules!check my profile.
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 4:40am On Mar 14, 2010
Pweety4me:

Forum rules!check my profile.

ok, will do that for u baby. arent u going to church? undecided
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Pweety4me(f): 4:43am On Mar 14, 2010
Wat church?i am a muslim remember? angry
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 4:51am On Mar 14, 2010
Pweety4me:

Wat church?i am a muslim remember? angry

since when? undecided
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Pweety4me(f): 4:53am On Mar 14, 2010
na2day?:

since when? undecided
I told u dat the other tyme derr brain. . . tongue
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 4:55am On Mar 14, 2010
Pweety4me:

I told u dat the other tyme derr brain. . . tongue

by chance is ur yahoo id got anything to do with a sanni? undecided
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by uniqued(f): 4:57am On Mar 14, 2010
na 2 day. wat u yarnin bout go to bed, grin grin
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 4:58am On Mar 14, 2010
uniqued:

na 2 day. wat u yarnin bout go to bed, grin grin

are u coming to meet me there? wink wink
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Pweety4me(f): 4:58am On Mar 14, 2010
na2day?:

by chance is your yahoo id got anything to do with a sanni? undecided
Huh?who is sanni?
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 4:59am On Mar 14, 2010
Pweety4me:

Huh?who is sanni?

sum1 IMed me and i was wondering who that was
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Pweety4me(f): 5:02am On Mar 14, 2010
I have no idea wat u r talking about?
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by uniqued(f): 5:02am On Mar 14, 2010
yep u knw i have bin waitin for u.  wink winksleep nw,  grin grin dis is four wen will we start our dream love. kiss
dats why i told u to quit all dis ur yahoo runs.
***** yawning******
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by uniqued(f): 5:10am On Mar 14, 2010
pweety4me dont mind him he is confusing you for one of his yahoo mates.  so dnt b confused
na2 day why u ignorin deal with u when u wake up. hisss smiley
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Pweety4me(f): 5:17am On Mar 14, 2010
Oh ok thanx.
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 6:30am On Mar 14, 2010
Pweety4me:

I have no idea wat u r talking about?

dont worry about it

uniqued:

pweety4me dont mind him he is confusing you for one of his yahoo mates.  so dnt b confused
na2 day why u ignorin deal with u when u wake up. hisss smiley

sorry was watching a show on TV. BTW what is ur take about the topic on divorce?
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by 9japikin: 2:18am On Mar 16, 2010
interesting topic
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Sagamite(m): 3:37am On Mar 16, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Oh well, the reverse is the case in developing countries where the man kicks the woman and even his kids out of the house. The western countries have laws that protect the wife and kids.

Thank God you know those are the only 2 parties it protects and in the case of wife, gives advantage. The man does not get any protection, he gets shafted, hence the suicide rate.

Only a foolish, risk-loving or poor man does not sign a pre-nup if he lives in the West.
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 4:02am On Mar 16, 2010
Sagamite:

Thank God you know those are the only 2 parties it protects and in the case of wife, gives advantage. The man does not get any protection, he gets shafted, hence the suicide rate.

Only a foolish, risk-loving or poor man does not sign a pre-nup if he lives in the West.

amen brother! even if she is richer than me, we must sign a pre-nup so when sh.1t hits the fan every1 goes home with what each other has earned themselves period
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Nobody: 4:05am On Mar 16, 2010
Sagamite:

Abegi, thatz not being foolish jare. Thatz being loving.

My rich husband must not sigh prenup. . . . rubish and nonsense. He must understand that its only okay if I take half of his possessions to take care of his children.

@post
Its only understandable. . . .
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Sagamite(m): 4:23am On Mar 16, 2010
FL Gators:

Abegi, thatz not being foolish jare. Thatz being loving.

My rich husband must not sigh prenup. . . . rubish and nonsense. He must understand that its only okay if I take half of his possessions to take care of his children.

@post
Its only understandable. . . .

No child needs like 200K (in cases of wealthy people) a year to be taken care of.

No way would you spend that on a child, and no one is going to monitor how you spend the money, and since no child needs it, it is going to your pocket and that of your new lover.

No man should be funding an ex (and her lover in some cases), except he deems it fit himself that she is worth it, not if some stuuupid judicial system sees it acceptable.

If a man feels it is OK to take half his possesions to fund his kids, then let him make that decision himself and expense it himself.

Loving ko, shoving ni! When women love you, they will do anything for you. When they stop loving you, they will care for their own poo more than they care for you. If you are rich, protect yourself for when the "loving" stops.

Otherwise, he will be funding a woman he is not interested in anymore and her lover. A man that does that in this day and age of horror stories is a dumbass!

It is lovely to share when you are together, when you are no more together, I aint sharing my sweat anymore and it should stop. I will be sharing with someone new.
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 16, 2010
*death* I see your point. . . . but oga, na joke I dey joke with you sha. kiss
Naija men fear me with their animosity towards marriage nowadays grin grin
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 4:30am On Mar 16, 2010
Sagamite:

No child needs like 200K (in cases of wealthy people) a year to be taken care of.

No way would you spend that on a child, and no one is going to monitor how you spend the money, and since no child needs it, it is going to your pocket and that of your new lover.

No man should be funding an ex (and her lover in some cases), except he deems it fit himself that she is worth it, not if some stuuupid judicial system sees it acceptable.

If a man feels it is OK to take half his possesions to fund his kids, then let him make that decision himself and expense it himself.

Loving ko, shoving ni! When women love you, they will do anything for you. When they stop loving you, they will care for their own poo more than they care for you. If you are rich, protect yourself for when the "loving" stops.

Otherwise, he will funding a woman he is not interesting in anymore and her lover. A man that does that in this day and age of horror stories is a dumbass!

It is lovely to share when you are together, when you are no more together, I aint sharing my sweat anymore.

e don tey wey i know say that head wey dey for ur bodi dey function properly. u be beta persin jare, tell the truth, they need to hear it! wink
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Sagamite(m): 4:46am On Mar 16, 2010
na2day?:

e don tey wey i know say that head wey dey for your bodi dey function properly. u be beta persin jare, tell the truth, they need to hear it! wink

Thanks, bruv.

FL Gators:

*death* I see your point. . . . but oga, na joke I dey joke with you sha. kiss
Naija men fear me with their animosity towards marriage nowadays grin grin

The WEST have destroyed marriage. It is one thing to correct a wrong (women being shafted in divorce), but it is another thing to transfer the wrong.

It is not nice (or romantic, as chics would say) to be doing the whole pre-nup thing, but with the risk to men (financial destruction or injustice) involved nowadays in the West, it is a MUST for any one with his wits with him.

It is pretty silly/risky to meet a woman for 18 - 48 months (of dating), and then put the ability to destroy your life in a her hands by not protecting yourself before marriage (the courts WILL not protect you, they will in fact f you up).

It might sound all loving, romantic, beautiful, heavenly, gorgeous, chivalrous, nostalgic, passionate, enchanting, idealistic to say "I love her and I trust her so I don't think I need a prenup". F that, go and ask dumbass Paul Mcartney and hundreds others. Women are biological inclined to think of only their feelings and needs in a relationship, hence their constant me me me in relationships (except that relationship is with a completely selfish male they are with to change, then they are all giving giving giving like mumus).

Very negligible number of women have the self restraint to not exploit the possibility of getting far more than they know they are entitled to from a man they do not love anymore. They are programmed biologically to think of only themselves and their own feelings, and culturally it is accepted for them to be that way.
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 16, 2010
Sagamite:

Thanks, bruv.

The WEST have destroyed marriage. It is one thing to correct a wrong (women being shafted in divorce), but it is another thing to transfer the wrong.

It is not nice (or romantic, as chics would say) to be doing the whole pre-nup thing, but with the risk to men (financial destruction or injustice) involved nowadays in the West, it is a MUST for any one with his wits with him.

It is pretty silly/risky to meet a woman for 18 - 48 months (of dating), and then put the ability to destroy your life in a her hands by not protecting yourself before marriage (the courts WILL not protect you, they will in fact f you up).

It might sound all loving, romantic, beautiful, heavenly, gorgeous, chivalrous, nostalgic, passionate, enchanting, idealistic to say "I love her and I trust her so I don't think I need a prenup". F that, go and ask dumbass Paul Mcartney and hundreds others. Women are biological inclined to think of only their feelings and needs in a relationship, hence their constant me me me in relationships (except that relationship is with a completely selfish male they are with to change, then they are all giving giving giving like mumus).

Very negligible number of women have the self restraint to not exploit the possibility of getting far more than they know they are entitled to from a man they do not love anymore. They are programmed biologically to think of only themselves and their own feelings, and culturally it is accepted for them to be that way.

woah, mo fun e ni 10 gbosa for that one. . . . but @the bolded, someone might just be walking along your wayand might just happen to beg to differ that opinionated point.

Do men not also care about themselves? You guys are so stuck up what she might take from you when she ends it and she might be trying to suck your pockets dry. Abegi, if anybody serious minded person goes into a relationship, the first thing they WOULD care about is "What will happen after. . . "

So far, I agree with all your points, but I'm still adamant about Prenup, I have a personal issue with it.
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by na2day2(m): 6:28am On Mar 16, 2010
Sagamite:

Thanks, bruv.

ha! i am beginning to think u read one of my books? did u? undecided wink wink wink
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Tinksh(f): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2010
I have tried to ignore commenting on this subject but i cant stand it anymore!! I am so sick and tired of hearing how poor men get done out of their money in a divorce, especially in the west!!! Not all are so innocent and loose everything. Some, in my case, are very sneaky and have put everything in his name. Even our business dealings and assets before divorcing me for greener pasture. I ended up with absolutely nothing after 12 years of marriage and building a business and giving him a child! So please stop crying over the men who lost everything cos some women spent the best part of there life trusting, loving, supporting, working hard to end up with nothing! My fatal mistake was trusting that he would never do that to me or our son! I was so wrong!!!

I am always grateful that i have my son but after 12 years of my life and working long hours, i had to start all over from nothing. My ex husband kept everything and all these years later i am still trying to get some maintenance out of him. So i am sorry i dont agree.
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by Tinksh(f): 6:53am On Mar 16, 2010
In the west, whoever can afford the better lawyer, wins!!!
Re: Divorce Makes Men More Suicidal Than Women by nairaAdmin(m): 6:59am On Mar 16, 2010
I think that is right! i is the same every where. we are all humans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why And How She Cheated On Her Husband; True Life Story. / How Much Can You Spend For A Wedding In Nigeria? / My Husband's Confession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.