Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? (3021 Views)

Should I Propose To Her Or Have A Rethink? Help! / Is It Compulsory To Get A Valentine's Gift? / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Midget Lady And Her Tall Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by randirandor(m): 8:29pm On Oct 21, 2017
Pls i need to know if I'm allowed to change my dicession after a lady has accepted my proposal.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by haywire07(m): 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
Referee fit blow offside after match don end?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by selfmadeOLX(m): 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
How old are you.? undecided

3 Likes

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by IAMSASHY(f): 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
undecided more like calling off a wedding after sharing invitation cards, u no it hurts real bad.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2017
just one question brov, why did you propose in the first instance

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by sorextee(m): 8:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
Seems this is a valid question..

It depends on what u re proposing to her for.
U can propose for her to be ur girlfriend. Then u can break up with her later.

Then propose to anoda, to become ur wife, which u can still call it off.

1 Like

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by phintohlar(f): 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2017
Are you alright?
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
Lol cheesy

Seriously op, are u sure, u are OK?
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by biggace(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2017
what is the essence of the proposal without marriage

I just don't understand

1 Like

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by mofeoluwadassah: 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
so your brain left you when you were proposing right undecided
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
Please I need to know if you seeked our opinions before you propose. undecided

1 Like

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by NwaAmaikpe: 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2017
shocked

If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her?

Of course not,
I'd give you one trick I and most wise men have successfully used countlessly in the past.

Because most women are marriage-centered;
Marriage is such a trophy to them and the promise of marriage is the master key into their 'lunchbox'

Propose to as many as you can,
Conquer them,
Taste it all,
Leave no stone unturned in their field.
And when you've had your full..
Call it off with the golden reason of 'irreconcilable differences'

And top it off with the quote, "a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage".

Thank me later

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by AlexCk: 9:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
Oi vey,

1 Like

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
grin
How do you propose to a girl to be your girlfriend

Let me guess, will you be my girlfriend grin cheesy grin cheesy

Hollywood movies stuff
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by OwoKolaChuks: 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
Op, kindly check the dictionary on your phone for the meaning of proposal.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2017
Silly, silly question.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Vivly(f): 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her?

Of course not,
I'd give you one trick I and most wise men have successfully used countlessly in the past.

Because most women are marriage-centered;
Marriage is such a trophy to them and the promise of marriage is the master key into their 'lunchbox'

Propose to as many as you can,
Conquer them,
Taste it all,
Leave no stone unturned in their field.
And when you've had your full..
Call it off with the golden reason of 'irreconcilable differences'

And top it off with the quote, "a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage".

Thank me later
Na only God go fit punish devil for this world

3 Likes

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
Why propose when you are not sure of the lady?
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by divinehand2003(m): 9:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
Vivly:

Na only God go fit punish devil for this world

Anty, abeg why you dey vex like this now?
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by divinehand2003(m): 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2017
MaritzaNL:
Why propose when you are not sure of the lady?

What if after proposing to her, she messes up afterwards. Can't one call off the proposal again? Even inside marriage, there is divorce.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
Lol. No! Op, you are not allowed to change your decision. Once she has accepted your proposal and knocks the table two times, it's over: You must marry her.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by divinehand2003(m): 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
Differential:
Silly, silly question.

I think it's a valid question. Many engagements get broken nowadays and this makes the question relevant.

1 Like

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
divinehand2003:

What if after proposing to her, she messes up afterwards. Can't one call off the proposal again? Even inside marriage, there is divorce.
You can call off the proposal but you have to be subtle about it, different girls react in different ways, some can even go as far as killing you sef for going that far and calling it off.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by divinehand2003(m): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2017
MaritzaNL:
You can call off the proposal but you have to be subtle about it, different girls react in different ways, some can even go as far as killing you sef for going that far and calling it off.

Yea, you are right my dear. Unfortunately, most break-up end in hostile ways that are neither on friendly terms nor subtle. We pray against any divisive circumstances after proposals have been made and accepted.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
divinehand2003:

I think it's a valid question. Many engagements get broken nowadays and this makes the question relevant.
He asks if he can change his mind about marrying a lady after proposing to her and I said it is, because it is. Proposing to a woman means you're ready to be with her through thick and thin, are ready to spend the rest of your life with her and are sure she's the one for you. If you haven't reached certainty with any of those, then don't do it. Otherwise you're rendering yourself silly and confused by changing your mind later.

Unless you later find out she's a criminal or have any other tangible reason for not proceeding with the marriage...

Other than that, simply changing your mind is silly. That's why you've to be sure before doing it in the first place.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Greenbullet(m): 10:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
So this kind person dey exist ?
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
divinehand2003:

Yea, you are right my dear. Unfortunately, most break-up end in hostile ways that are neither on friendly terms nor subtle. We pray against any divisive circumstances after proposals have been made and accepted.
Many have been poisoned and killed cos of these kind of things. Don't play with people's heart. Some people handle emotions well while others don't.
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by sorextee(m): 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
One person don gbagaun up there. If I correct her naw, wahala go burst. So make I just mind my business..

Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by uniqueren(f): 10:23pm On Oct 21, 2017
If you are asking this question already, abeg go and take your ring and come and be going
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by divinehand2003(m): 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
Differential:
He asks if he can change his mind about marrying a lady after proposing to her and I said it is, because it is. Proposing to a woman means you're ready to be with her through thick and thin, you're ready to spend the rest of your life with her and are sure she's the one for you. If you haven't reached certainty with any of those, then don't do it. Otherwise you're rendering yourself silly and confused by changing your mind later.

I honestly understand your point. What if after proposing to her and after she had accepted the proposal, many things you never knew about her begin to unfold? Is he not allowed to think twice about marrying her?
Remember, a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage..
Re: If I Propose To A Lady And She Accepts, Is It Compulsory I Marry Her? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
divinehand2003:

I honestly understand your point. What if after proposing to her and after she had accepted the proposal, many things you never knew about her begin to unfold? Is he not allowed to think twice about marrying her?
Remember, a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage..
The only way that would happen is if he rushes the proposal, like proposing shortly after meeting someone. People should date for at least a year or two (2 years is ideal) before running to the altar. During that period you're bound to see things about him/her alerting you that perhaps you should think twice before proposing (or accepting a proposal). I understand people are good at being secretive, but that's why intuitions exist and you've to utilize them while dating someone to make an informed decision for yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Costly Mistakes Women Make In Relationships / Boyfriend Sleeps With Side Chick At Party While Looking For Charger / Ladies Please Why Do You Suffer Us Before Consenting To Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.