Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (17919 Views)

My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ohanaka295:

In the Law, which God gave to Moses, certain statutes required a tithe from every person that belonged to the tribes of Israel (Jacob). They were to set aside a tenth of their crops, herds, and fruit, and then bring their tithe to the Levites; this is how God made provision for the Levites, the lone tribe that comprised the priesthood. The reason God made provision for the Levites is that they were not allotted a land inheritance as their counterpart Israelite brethren were given. So to compensate them (the Levites) for fulfilling their priestly duty, God made provision in the Law in this manner. However, you MUST understand and factor into your consideration is that the Levites, who were the priests, were also commanded by God (in the Law) to pay their own 10% as a tithe.

There was also measurable difference between the quality of the tithe that God required the Levites to give versus the quality of the tithe that God required the average Israelite to pay. The average Israelite was allowed by God in the statutes of the Law, to give any one of ten apples harvested, or any one of ten bushels of wheat, or any one of ten cattle, sheep, or goats raised, etc. The tithe required of the Levites by God in the statutes of the law required a much better quality 10%. In fact, the tithe required of the Levites judged according to the top 10%. This meant Levites had to tithe the very best of the best 10% of whatever they had received from the people of Israel. If you read Hebrews 7:4, you’ll find Abraham gave Melchizedek the “choicest goods” as tithe.

Talking of tithe. Are you a discendant of the tribes of Israel? You are a Nigerian.

You seem to agree with me as well as the Bible on the instruction given by God to the Israelites on.tithing.

During the time of Josiah, the Levites, temple singers and gate keepers left the temple to seek their daily bread as the Israelites had stopped paying their tithes as required by God. The book of the law was found during this era and read after which Josiah wept, repented and ordered the Israelites to resume tithe payment at once thus they all resumed their previous duties as they now had abundance

I'm mentioning the above situation to emphasize the need for paying tithe to the church, the most important being that there will be enough food and other material necessities to ensure that men and women of God do not abandon their call due to lack of provision. This law remains permanent even though no one forces us to do this in the new testament but don't forget that Jesus was also a beneficiary of free will offerings given by the women who accompanied Him. Every ministry requires funding to be effective

Yes, i am an Israelite by virtue of the fact that I am an adopted daughter of Abraham.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by frankfab(m): 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
Paying tithes to the so-called Men of God is not in my diary. When people are dying of hunger, why not give it to the needy, orphans and street beggars

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by mayorola(m): 3:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
OtemSapien:

You only mentioned one out of the twenty occasions you gave and received. What about the other times you gave and same day nobody gave you back? What about the days you didn't give in the church and you received from people?
I have received more financially since I stopped paying tithes. How can you explain that?
I dey feel u bro

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by OtemSapien: 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
mayorola:
I dey feel u bro
Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by ikorodureporta: 3:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
Prayer, just like curse, works. One secret of success in tithe payments is the altar prayer. My take is that, i doesnt hav to be the whole 10%....jst make yr way to dat altar for blessing. You may use the balance to take care of yr siblings & parents' needs or charity. God knows u did charity & d prayer'll be effective. Some pay tithes & cant even care for the people around them......is that Christianity??
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by dalass(f): 3:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
OtemSapien:

You only mentioned one out of the twenty occasions you gave and received. What about the other times you gave and same day nobody gave you back? What about the days you didn't give in the church and you received from people?
I have received more financially since I stopped paying tithes. How can you explain that?
That should be the result of the ones you have sown. Also possible that you are receiving the blessings of other forms of sowing.. Tithing is for God to rebuke devourers
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Khaliyah(m): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
Iamzik:

You are going to church tithe in hand and you encountered a wounded man desperately in need of medical care. You managed to take him to hospital (want to assume you are compassionate) but you need to deposit money for blood immediately. Your tithe is the only spare money you have left.

Let's even assume this is a distance relation of family.
Will you take out of your tithe cash to save that life or proceed to give the tithe in church??

What do you think God will be pleased with: obeying law of tithing religiously or helping save a man?
Of course I ll settle the bills with my tithe and when I have I pay the same tithe back. I don't believe onces d money Is gone I won't tithe again nope,
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by jice(m): 3:27pm On Oct 22, 2017
OtemSapien:

Participating in Tithes and offerings orders of the church is not trading activities with God.

You are at your own prerogative to do or not to do. Note very well that God will not accept your giving what belongs to Him to the needy because you want to care. Jesus said give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Ohanaka295: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

You seem to agree with me as well as the Bible on the instruction given by God to the Israelites on.tithing.

During the time of Josiah, the Levites, temple singers and gate keepers left the temple to seek their daily bread as the Israelites had stopped paying their tithes as required by God. The book of the law was found during this era and read after which Josiah wept, repented and ordered the Israelites to resume tithe payment at once thus they all resumed their previous duties as they now had abundance

I'm mentioning the above situation to emphasize the need for paying tithe to the church, the most important being that there will be enough food and other material necessities to ensure that men and women of God do not abandon their call due to lack of provision. This law remains permanent even though no one forces us to do this in the new testament but don't forget that Jesus was also a beneficiary of free will offerings given by the women who accompanied Him. Every ministry requires funding to be effective

Yes, i am an Israelite by virtue of the fact that I am an adopted daughter of Abraham.

If you have read my other posts you will see that I am not against paying of tithe, giving offering, donations etc because they are used to run the activities of the temple of God which is the church in New Testament.

Talking about if Abraham paid tithe. If you read that Genesis 14 :18-20 of kjv

18. And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.

19. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

20. And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

It meant that Abraham received tithe from mechizedek King of Salem ( Jerusalem). Other editions of bible referred to "he gave him tithes of all" to Abraham giving tithe to merchizedek.

The issue I have is that our pastors are not doing according to what God commanded concerning tithing this days.

They are after forcing and cajoling you to drop money. Tithe is not limited to money.

Tithing is an Old Testament practice just like in aspect of offering. In levictcus, God commanded the priest on how to offer oblation to him.

He instructed that the priest should wring the neck of the pigeons and sprinkle the blood round the alter and offer the burnt offering whole to him. That is the same thing our traditionalist I.e native doctors practice.

In fact, the bottom line is give in truth, good mind and freely whether offering, tithe, donation without being cajoled. God loves a cheerful giver as the son of God has told us.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by OtemSapien: 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
jice:

Participating in Tithes and offerings orders of the church is not trading activities with God.

You are at your own prerogative to do or not to do. Note very well that God will not accept your giving what belongs to Him to the needy because you want to care. Jesus said give unto Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God

I don't give physical money to GOD Almighty, maybe you do that, I don't care. Whoever/whatever book told you to give physical money to God is a scam. Note, I'm not talking about Yahweh, Allah, etc here. God Almighty is the creator of those beings I just mentioned and he won't demand more than the use of your brain from you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by OtemSapien: 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
dalass:
That should be the result of the ones you have sown . Also possible that you are receiving the blessings of other forms of sowing.. Tithing is for God to rebuke devourers
Eh eh eh, Yahweh have deceived many heads o shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by OtemSapien: 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
tyup:

not at all bro the pastor prophesied any amount you give God will return it in 10 times
oh it was even pastor's prophecy sef. Now I'm getting a clearer picture. Can you pls explain exactly how you got the 10 times amount and who gave it to you? Bros, certainly the pastor had a hand in your getting of 10times that day. This is one of the strategies of early Krishtanite.

Doctufos: Niklatians 5:1-12

CHAPTER FIVE 1. Now Filip came to Petra from Cilicia and said, I have known another means whereby we shall make the homos enrich us. And Petra said, by what means? And Filip said, when twenty of them give unto us, we shall give back to one of them in two-fold and say that it was a blessing from our god from giving. 2. And he who has received the two-fold shall testify of it in the congregation, saying, indeed god has rewarded me with this two-fold of what I gave. And this shall motivate others to give more. 3. And so shall we do to them continually. And Petra said, it is a good thing. For it shall help us to establish the churches. 4. Now Petra sent by the hands of Filip, saying, go and give this to Merog, whose house I have described to you. For he does not know you. And you shall make yourself like an angel. 5. And Filip went to the house of Merog. And Merog, being taught by Stevin that it was good to accomodate strangers, did welcome Filip into his house. 6. And Filip drank milk which he gave him. And Filip said, you have done this good to a stranger, therefore you shall be rewarded greatly. And Filip commanded him that he should touch the floor with his knees. And he did so. 7. And Filip put his right hand on his head and blessed him, saying, close your eyes. And Merog closed his eyes firmly. And Filip spoke the language of the Seriot and said to Merog, now sleep. And so Merog fell backward and slept. 8. And Filip left a little purse beside Merog and departed. And afterwards, Merog awoke from his trance. And he said, indeed the angel of the lord has visited me. 9. And when he found the little purse, he opened it and found in it thirty talents of silver. For he did give fifteen talents of silver in that same week. 10. And he said, indeed I have been rewarded in two folds. And when Merog went into the congregation of the Krishtens, he made a noise of that which had happened to him, saying, an angel did visit me and gave me double fold of that which I have given. 11. And many who heard him testify began to sell their things and bring the money to Petra and the other disciples, thinking that they shall have double also. 12. And Petra made sure this was done occasionally to make the homos give all they had. And the church grew in number, because of the tricks which were played on them.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by jice(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
Prudent5217:

I can’t remember the last I paid my title, But irrepesctive of that I aren’t broke and can never be broke. I instead prefer to give my title to those in need eg motherless babies home which I do

You give your tithes to the poor according to the Bible or according to your own scriptures?

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by VivaLaFrans: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
anitapreeti:
The moment you stop paying your tithe, your salary would seem insufficient for you...

And for those of u saying its now all about giving! Maybe you stopped reading your Bibles.
Giving is a principle which would work for anyone, even pagans. "Give, it shall be given unto you......"

Peace!
If tithe is used to pay ministers and temple keepers, out of which purse will the orphans and homeless be taken care of?
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
It has being a blessing to me. When certain situations arises I quickly remind God of my tithe and seed. I apply PUSH formula to it and things changes
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by anitapreeti(f): 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
VivaLaFrans:
If tithe is used to pay ministers and temple keepers, out of which purse will the orphans and homeless be taken care of?

Tho I didn't state that tithes should be used to pay ministers. I will give you the pleasure of addressing the issue you raised.

You give alms to the needy (orphans and homeless) and then you take your tithe to the temple to honor God. But well, it's a choice!
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by christemmbassey(m): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
pacretus:
I noticed that 3 in 5 persons,are against tithing or giving in church and 1 out of this 3 persons that're in favour don't give.

However, tithing and giving is one very important aspect of christianity. I pay my tithes, (not faithfully)give my first fruit, etc and i must say,God has been faithful in his own way towards me financially,health wise and otherwise.

A very good instance,was a day i entered a church and decided to empty all my financial substance to God, I mean my last kobo without the hope of what to eat the next day and miraculously the next day God provided, raw beans and some mighty onions,so that day was fixed up till now. This is just a little of my giving story.
God. is not money doubler , stuffs. like these are. the bane of Christianity.
Every thing we receive from God is through and because of Jesus Christ . Remember God is not a trader. read the following:

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
Romans 8:32 KJV
http://bible.com/1/rom.8.32.KJV

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Deprofessional(m): 7:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
asuustrike2009:
It has being a blessing to me. When certain situations arises I quickly remind God of my tithe and seed. I apply PUSH formula to it and things changes

The time you spend in PUSHing, apply it to work and your situation will not remain the same.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by rosalieene(f): 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
Even Jesus said, give to Caesar what belongs to ceasar and give to God what belongs to God.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by DozieInc(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2017
blunt:
I sow into the life of anybody that I have been moved to help and I count myself blessed!!!

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
Deprofessional:

The time you spend in PUSHing, apply it to work and your situation will not remain the same.
And you think I don't work? You think I didn't toil day and night or you expect me to steal or do yahoo yahoo?
I make use of my time very well
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by victorazyvictor(m): 10:31pm On Oct 22, 2017
somehow:
What do you know about tithing and the origin?

sorry o! I know say u were there when the law was made.

my friend go and read Malachi 3:10
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by victorazyvictor(m): 10:33pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ohanaka295:

that is not true bro.

I don't care how holy u r, if u don't pay or respect tithe I can't make heaven.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by victorazyvictor(m): 10:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
Ohanaka295:

that is not true bro.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by VivaLaFrans: 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2017
anitapreeti:

Tho I didn't state that tithes should be used to pay ministers. I will give you the pleasure of addressing the issue you raised.

You give alms to the needy (orphans and homeless) and then you take your tithe to the temple to honor God. But well, it's a choice!
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by VivaLaFrans: 11:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
victorazyvictor:

sorry o! I know say u were there when the law was made.

my friend go and read Malachi 3:10
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by coputa(m): 12:24am On Oct 23, 2017
OtemSapien:
Your safety has nothing to do with giving tithes. Tithe is a scam project.
what is then required for your safety.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by anitapreeti(f): 2:00am On Oct 23, 2017
VivaLaFrans:
But Malachi 3:10 says bring your tithes into God's storehouse so that there may be meat in His house.

Phew! cry
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 23, 2017
Ohanaka295:

In the bible Abraham, Isaac, Adam, etc did not pay tithe, they only give offering. Tithe was a command God gave to the other tribes of Israel to support the children of Levi. The discendants of Levi were poor, God instructed other tribes of Israel to bring one tenth of their proceeds to the temple to be used for the feeding of the Levites.

The issue of the verse in Malachi talking of robbing God in tithe, was the priest of the temples not giving the children of Levi the complete proceeds of tithe.

Offering is what is important to God. Give your offering to him in good heart and he will bless you. You can give your tithe to the poor and less privilege because they are the Levites among us.

Cheers.

I thought the levites were the priests? And tithes was paid to them because traditionally they don't inherit lands and consequently don't cultivate any crops. Please can you explain better?
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by victorazyvictor(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2017
VivaLaFrans:
Malachi 3:10 says bring your tithes into God's storehouse so that there may be meat in His house. Who is the meat (finance) meant for

I wasn't specific, read down if u won't see any where God says "proof me" meaning He is the one that have the command.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by OtemSapien: 10:54am On Oct 23, 2017
coputa:
what is then required for your safety.
you are required for your own safety majorly, then the armed forces are required for your safety too, then bodyguards if you can afford to pay them their wages. Medical check ups are necessary as well as meditation. You don't need a god to be safe.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Ohanaka295: 11:58am On Oct 23, 2017
SnowJay92:

I thought the levites were the priests? And tithes was paid to them because traditionally they don't inherit lands and consequently don't cultivate any crops. Please can you explain better?

Yes. The Levites were the tribe of isreal the priesthood falls on. They had no landed inheritance. All of them cannot be Priest at once, hence the issue of refering them to be poor.

The tithe is to be given to them to be presented to God in the temple for him(God) to bless the people that presented them.

God also commanded the Levites to pay tithe and their tithe is different from other tribes of isreal.

The Malachi 3:6-10 that talked of robbing God in tithe was refering to the priests not sharing the tithes accordingly and keeping some of the spoils for themselves and also not giving their tithe according to how God commanded.

Tithe is for the tribes of isreal. You and I are not Israelites or their discendants. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crash Of Okotie’s 2nd Marriage: We’re Shocked, Sad – Church Members, Celebrities / T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / Christmas: Apostle Suleman Gifts Church Workers, Staff N11m & Food Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.