Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (17939 Views)

My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? / The Significance of Tithing and Firstfruits for Believers / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Ohanaka295: 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
victorazyvictor:

I don't care how holy u r, if u don't pay or respect tithe I can't make heaven.

Another big lie. Making heaven is by God,s grace. So if you rob, kill, fornicate, have evil mind against your neighbor, and pay tithe you will make heaven? You and I don't know who will make heaven or hell. That is left for God to judge. Even your pastors, bishop, pope and priest Don't know who will make heaven or hell.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Iamzik: 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
Khaliyah:

Of course I ll settle the bills with my tithe and when I have I pay the same tithe back. I don't believe onces d money Is gone I won't tithe again nope,

Exactly. Just like the parable of the good Samaritan.

Christ emphasis is on the people. The emphasis of most Church organizations is on money. Christians have abandoned the responsibility of helping each other. Some are thought to ignore a brother in desperate need and rather fund the church in the name of tithing while the church collects and look away.

Tithing is good but it's not as high a priority as our ministers make it look. The early church loved each other so much that they shared everything in common and there was no need to collect tithes.

Shalom

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Ohanaka295: 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
Iamzik:

Christ emphasis is on the people. The emphasis of most Church organizations is on money. Christians have abandoned the responsibility of helping each other. Some are thought to ignore a brother in desperate need and rather fund the church in the name of tithing while the church collects and look away.

Tithing is good but it's not as high a priority as our ministers make it look. The early church loved each other so much that they shared everything in common and there was no need to collect tithes.

Shalom

Thumbs up man. Christians don't get this tithe a thing. They lay more emphasis on money. If I harvest yam and bring one tenth of it, that is my tithe.

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by somehow: 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
You mean all you know about tithing is in mal 3:10? What if I told you mal 3:10 was talking to the priests and not the other 11 tribes nor the levites as a whole?
victorazyvictor:

sorry o! I know say u were there when the law was made.

my friend go and read Malachi 3:10

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by solz007(m): 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
onuhabel1:
still a student

That's no excuse, sure you get those chop money monthly?? 10% goes a long way..

#GottaMakeSacrifices
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by coputa(m): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2017
OtemSapien:
you are required for your own safety majorly, then the armed forces are required for your safety too, then bodyguards if you can afford to pay them their wages. Medical check ups are necessary as well as meditation. You don't need a god to be safe.
You can't safeguard yourself because your intuitive knowledge is limited neither can paid bodyguards who are susceptible to the environment,ditto medical check up and medications.These has failed humans since the time of Adam.Human safety and Good health are determined by unseen forces.Don't be deceived.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by OtemSapien: 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
coputa:
You can't safeguard yourself because your intuitive knowledge is limited neither can paid bodyguards who are susceptible to the environment,ditto medical check up and medications.These has failed humans since the time of Adam.Human safety and Good health are determined by unseen forces.Don't be deceived.
Unseen forces are not safeguarding you from physical occurrences like accidents, sicknesses, disease, robbery attacks etc. They might be saying you from something else. If you want to know whether what I am saying is true or not, go and stand in front of a speedily vehicle, touch an ebola patient, stay where mosquitoes are many and as well go and attack armed robbers in their hold, then come and share the testimonies of how the Unseen forces safeguarded you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by coputa(m): 4:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
OtemSapien:
Unseen forces are not safeguarding you from physical occurrences like accidents, sicknesses, disease, robbery attacks etc. They might be saying you from something else. If you want to know whether what I am saying is true or not, go and stand in front of a speedily vehicle, touch an ebola patient, stay where mosquitoes are many and as well go and attack armed robbers in their hold, then come and share the testimonies of how the Unseen forces safeguarded you.
It's only a mad man that will stand in front of a moving train..have you not seen an accident where the occupant came out unhurt
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by victorazyvictor(m): 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ohanaka295:

Another big lie. Making heaven is by God,s grace. So if you rob, kill, fornicate, have evil mind against your neighbor, and pay tithe you will make heaven? You and I don't know who will make heaven or hell. That is left for God to judge. Even your pastors, bishop, pope and priest Don't know who will make heaven or hell.

out of context. what are those people you aforementioned going to do in heaven?
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Nnamdiojukwu: 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
davo90tico:

ABRAHAM - CHAPTER 14

Gen 14:18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out
bread and wine; he was the priest of God
Most High.
:19 And he blessed him and said:
"Blessed be Abram of God Most High,
Possessor of heaven and earth;
:20 And blessed be God Most High, Who has
delivered your enemies into your hand."
And he [Abram] gave him a tithe of all.

JACOB - CHAPTER 28

Gen 28:22 "... and of all that You give me I will surely
give a tenth to You."
Jesus also said give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God. And tithes belong to God more grace

What Abraham gave to the king was a spoiled of war and not 10% of his earning and how on earth what Jesus said translates to tithes?
How many times Abraham paid tithe?
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Lamiri(m): 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
PotatoSalad:
I stopped paying tithe and started helping people around me, Never been happier.
Whatever you do to the least of my brothers...
No need to give it to someone who's already self sufficient.
Look at that your neighbor's daughter that wears tattered clothes everyday, buy her some clothes.
That girl down the street that sells okpa every morning, pay her school fees.
If the world can have more people like you, it will become a better place.
Pastors gotta eat and you're the prey.
how fa pepper soup or beer you deserve it wink
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Lamiri(m): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
kevoh:
Christianity has turned to nairabet and bet9ja, stake N5000 tithe for example, and hope earnestly to double or triple your stake. if you you get nothing in return, keep staking/tithing and be quiet about the losses, if you get something after countless staking and losses, post your betslip/do a testimony in church. What a joke! undecided undecided
CONFAM THATS IT, EXACTLY
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by PotatoSalad(m): 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lamiri:
how fa pepper soup or beer you deserve it wink
Baba na wetin I chop this evening hehe grin
A bottle of ice cold Smirnoff will do wink
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
solz007:

That's no excuse, sure you get those chop money monthly?? 10% goes a long way..

#GottaMakeSacrifices
am nt collecting any income pls
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by davo90tico(m): 7:50am On Oct 24, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
What Abraham gave to the king was a spoiled of war and not 10% of his earning and how on earth what Jesus said translates to tithes?
How many times Abraham paid tithe?
Read ur Bible and see what was stated and stop arguing what u can see there
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Andrew3(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2017
36STATES:

Bloody liar. Evil scammer. You sound like 419 Adeboye himself.

May God forgive you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Nnamdiojukwu: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
davo90tico:

Read ur Bible and see what was stated and stop arguing what u can see there
Bros,Abraham paid tithe from the spoiled of war which he fought against enemies of his brother, before and after that there is nowhere in the bible where he Abraham paid tithes.

Jesus Christ never paid tithe,what he sent peter to the river to catch fish and removed the coin for was not tithe.

Don't twist the bible OK.
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by davo90tico(m): 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:
Bros,Abraham paid tithe from the spoiled of war which he fought against enemies of his brother, before and after that there is nowhere in the bible where he Abraham paid tithes.

Jesus Christ never paid tithe,what he sent peter to the river to catch fish and removed the coin for was not tithe.

Don't twist the bible OK.
Thank God u accepted that he paid tithe, and mind u I was answering the statement made by another user who said Abraham never paid tithe. Pls understand well before u comment and say what is not related to my post. Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 02, 2017
tyup:

not at all bro the pastor prophesied any amount you give God will return it in 10 times

And the pastor can see the future right?

Could he tell me the winning premiership games for next weekend?

Africans no dey ever gree get sense
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by shadeyinka(m): 9:14am On Nov 02, 2017
pacretus:
I noticed that 3 in 5 persons,are against tithing or giving in church and 1 out of this 3 persons that're in favour don't give.

OP
I am not against tithing but I think it has been blown out of priority. The most important duties of Christians are
1. Preaching to the Lost (when last did you do that)
2. Loving others: through giving of everything that makes the life of the other person beautiful
3. Using our Spiritual gifts to Serve and Build others in Gods Vineyard.

These three go with eternal reward.

The rewards of tithing is limited to this earth (I was hungry, you fed Me...).

Were is your Treasure: there your heart will be (Heaven or Earth)
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Theophinio(m): 11:20am On Nov 03, 2017
anitapreeti:
The moment you stop paying your tithe, your salary would seem insufficient for you...

And for those of u saying its now all about giving! Maybe you stopped reading your Bibles.
Giving is a principle which would work for anyone, even pagans. "Give, it shall be given unto you......"

Peace!
WORD OF WISDOM
Spoke like a BLW member
#PEACE
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Theophinio(m): 11:33am On Nov 03, 2017
Iamzik:

Shalom
ABSOLUTELY
MORE GRACE UNTO YOU SIR

Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by Theophinio(m): 11:50am On Nov 03, 2017
Ohanaka295:

In the bible Abraham, Isaac, Adam, etc did not pay tithe, they only give offering. Tithe was a command God gave to the other tribes of Israel to support the children of Levi. The discendants of Levi were poor, God instructed other tribes of Israel to bring one tenth of their proceeds to the temple to be used for the feeding of the Levites.

The issue of the verse in Malachi talking of robbing God in tithe, was the priest of the temples not giving the children of Levi the complete proceeds of tithe.

Offering is what is important to God. Give your offering to him in good heart and he will bless you. You can give your tithe to the poor and less privilege because they are the Levites among us.

Cheers.
YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND THE RELMA OF THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT
GOD BLESS YOU SIR
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by tyup(m): 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
og2711:

And the pastor can see the future right?

Could he tell me the winning premiership games for next weekend?

Africans no dey ever gree get sense

from what i can read up here your the one whos the senseless idiot here. Go get some sense before you quote me again
Re: Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? by nadel: 9:56am On May 18, 2023
emelda86:
Last month I didn't pay my tithe & I experienced shaky business no customers like before I prayed to God for forgiveness & I'm believing him for a massive turn around, cos I'm gonna pay my tithe this month.#blessed

If u like give if u like no give,u no EPP anyone, its your personal choice.
hello how is business now

Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols / Samurai's Prophetic Thread. Drop A Post And I Will See A Vision For You. / Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53