Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? (6892 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by ElDaIllest(m): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2017
To keep the enemies alive long enough so you can kill them with your success.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by saraki2019(m): 9:12am On Oct 22, 2017
mh
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Flashh: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2017
Too many unnecessary threads moved to front-page on Sunday mornings.

7 Likes

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by nowpresence(f): 9:13am On Oct 22, 2017
most people don't understand the concept of love.
Love breaks boundaries of hate. it is the most powerful energy. it also heal us from the pain someone afflicted on us.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by davbaba: 9:19am On Oct 22, 2017
When u get to heaven you ask God
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by ruffDiamond: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2017
RoyalBoutique:
Because Christianity is the true religion of peace ... We let our God fight for himself and fight for us

Unlike Islam that doesn't know what peace means
shut the fuuvk up there and go finish your indomie? Stephen paddock, a CHRISTIAN ,killed and wasted the lives of close to 60 INNOCENT Americans! Some of whom might be Muslim victims !what is peaceful about Christianity Bunch of Pharisees and hypocrite lot! For yr info, not all Muslim are violent, let alone being a terrorist .I was a Christian once but their hypocrisy and double standard way of life stink to high heaven!same issues even Jesus faced the Pharisees and Sadducees with.guy try reason logically pls.when Muhammad Ali (born and raised in a christian home)died,thousands of CHRISTIANS were there to attend his funeral .a true religion isn't by sight but heart

2 Likes

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by ruffDiamond: 9:25am On Oct 22, 2017
Christianity is a scam cool

Dazzal
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2017
rottenPussy:
Don’t be fooled man! Looking at the Bible from a logical aspect, it is infact a sin to pray for your enemy.

A case in point, if it was normal and Godly to pray for ones enemy, why didn’t God forgive and pray for lucifer? Why has he made his current existence a temporal purnishment, because the Bible tells us that he (God) has a special retirement home of purnishment for lucifer (the lake of fire)?

Another instance is seen in the case of Jesus Christ. Do you think if he, Jesus was not choosen, he would have tolerated all the pain bestowed on him? Remember at some point, he said Eli Eli lamasabachtani (God please spare me of this sacrifice/purnishment). Then again he said, God forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

At the bolded, if all the pain inflected on Jesus were not in fulfillment of the Godly sacrifice, do you think he would have begged for forgiveness on their behalf, or have you forgotten what happened to all those who attempted to kill Jesus before he learnt about his purpose

I don’t want to argue this seriously undecided

If you are really a christian, the Almighty shall visit you with the spirit of understanding
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 22, 2017
Omooba77:
Sometimes I feel like taking my own pound of flesh when people offends me, why must I not pay back! Alas the word of God will caution me and I feel strong pain for sometimes; later the peace of God overflows my heart. Matthew 5: 44-45

The colonialists used religion to weaken their subjects after taking territories. Those excerpts in the Bible were repeated again and again and again to our colonial great grand parents to make them docile for easy take-overs. There is no reason to hate your enemies, but I see something wrong in being stupid. If someone comes to your place of worship and kill. By all means you need to be alive and you must fight to stay alive. The Gods of religions are mere existing in the Bibles but the hard truth is they have moved on and there are billions of planets in the Cosmos for them to colonize and personally, my investigation shows that those Gods lived as long as 10,000 each. They are by now and no longer interested on Human project or may have died.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Obaf1(m): 9:30am On Oct 22, 2017
corz is natural to be good, beside i am my own enemy, me myself, why, corz no one make dicision for me, if u offend me and i show mercy i make the decision base one or two thins, if u insult me and i fight back am the one making the decision, so y envy GOD?
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by rottenPussy: 9:30am On Oct 22, 2017
JoeArmsD1:
If you are really a christian, the Almighty shall visit you with the spirit of understanding
I wish I can see you right now so I can shoot your left leg with a pistle and watch you pray that God should give me some more money to buy even a better gun undecided
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by ivolt: 9:36am On Oct 22, 2017
Because prayers don't work.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Obaf1(m): 9:36am On Oct 22, 2017
JoeArmsD1:
what kind of spirit if i may ask? The finest thing GOD has given a man is BRAIN......use it
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by enilove(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2017
This is to remove the sin of hatred and revenge from your soul.
When you pray for them , you are simply saying "he is not my enemy, but a friend ", so then, it is not a case of two fighting.

God cannot vindicate you if you see him as an enemy and he also sees you as an enemy. Meaning enemy plus enemy = 2 enemies. The two are guilty.

By praying for the enemy , you are seeking for peace.
This also creates joy within you.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Obaf1(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2017
rottenPussy:
I wish I can see you right now so I can shoot your left leg with a pistle and watch you pray that God should give me some more money to buy even a better gun undecided
nice one, some people need brain format
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Mavrick2012: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2017
rottenPussy:
Don’t be fooled man! Looking at the Bible from a logical aspect, it is infact a sin to pray for your enemy.

A case in point, if it was normal and Godly to pray for ones enemy, why didn’t God forgive and pray for lucifer? Why has he made his current existence a temporal purnishment, because the Bible tells us that he (God) has a special retirement home of purnishment for lucifer (the lake of fire)?

Another instance is seen in the case of Jesus Christ. Do you think if he, Jesus was not choosen, he would have tolerated all the pain bestowed on him? Remember at some point, he said Eli Eli lamasabachtani (God please spare me of this sacrifice/purnishment). Then again he said, God forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

At the bolded, if all the pain inflected on Jesus were not in fulfillment of the Godly sacrifice, do you think he would have begged for forgiveness on their behalf, or have you forgotten what happened to all those who attempted to kill Jesus before he learnt about his purpose

bros, what are you insinuating?
What do you have to say about Steven, who, at the point of being stoned, prayed God forgive those stoning him?
Read your Bible, stop reading papas lips
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Daboomb: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2017
Omooba77:
Sometimes I feel like taking my own pound of flesh when people offends me, why must I not pay back! Alas the word of God will caution me and I feel strong pain for sometimes; later the peace of God overflows my heart. Matthew 5: 44-45

If truly you are a Christian, then you will OBEY the COMMANDS of JESUS, as stated in the Bible:

PRAY FOR YOUR ENEMY.

For example, you can pray like this: God, let all my enemies fall into any Pit they dig for me. shocked shocked shocked

Prayer na Prayer, right
? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Daboomb: 10:00am On Oct 22, 2017
ruffDiamond:
shut the fuuvk up there and go finish your indomie? Stephen paddock, a CHRISTIAN ,killed and wasted the lives of close to 60 INNOCENT Americans! Some of whom might be Muslim victims !what is peaceful about Christianity Bunch of Pharisees and hypocrite lot! For yr info, not all Muslim are violent, let alone being a terrorist .I was a Christian once but their hypocrisy and double standard way of life stink to high heaven!same issues even Jesus faced the Pharisees and Sadducees with.guy try reason logically pls.when Muhammad Ali (born and raised in a christian home)died,thousands of CHRISTIANS were there to attend his funeral .a true religion isn't by sight but heart

How reasonable is it that you use just one person (Steven What sef?) to justify a religion of over a Billion People?
Does that make any sense at all?
Who in hell even told you that th elunatic was a Christian or you think it is everyone that is not a Muslim, that is a Christian?

SMH
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by correctguy101(m): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Billyonaire:

The colonialists used religion to weaken their subjects after taking territories. Those excerpts in the Bible were repeated again and again and again to our colonial great grand parents to make them docile for easy take-overs. There is no reason to hate your enemies, but I see something wrong in being stupid. If someone comes to your place of worship and kill. By all means you need to be alive and you must fight to stay alive. The Gods of religions are mere existing in the Bibles but the hard truth is they have moved on and there are billions of planets in the Cosmos for them to colonize and personally, my investigation shows that those Gods lived as long as 10,000 each. They are by now and no longer interested on Human project or may have died.

#fact

Each time I say this to people who pester me to know why I don't take their worship and slaving serious, they'll say it's either I'm devilish or I'm going crazy. undecided

I'll just be like​: I told you, you really don't want to know for you can't stomach it.

The gods can be killed too, Romans of old were instrumental in the death of a number of gods. With skills and bravery.
Magic is simply science for those with an in-depth knowledge of nature. But courage is Lord. It can disarm a magician and makes him doubt himself thereby disabling his magical skills.

I'm just saying undecided
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2017
correctguy101:

#fact

Each time I say this to people who pester me to know why I don't take their worship and slaving serious, they'll say it's either I'm devilish or I'm going crazy. undecided

I'll just be like​: I told you, you really don't want to know for you can't stomach it.

The gods can be killed too, Romans of old were instrumental in the death of a number of gods. With skills and bravery.
Magic is simply science for those with an in-depth knowledge of nature. But courage is Lord. It can disarm a magician and makes him doubt himself thereby disabling his magical skills.

I'm just saying undecided

Sure, but the Gods can killed. I still doubt if Jehovah and Allah still have mortal existence, I feel they have moved on to the land beyond the beyond or moved on to other projects in the cosmos. But I am sure I will find out their whereabouts a share a beer with them.

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by donhils: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2017
Because Jesus told them to do so
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2017
rottenPussy:
hahahahahahah
Don't see me and be the first to say "Good day Sir"
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2017
Obaf1:
what kind of spirit if i may ask? The finest thing GOD has given a man is BRAIN......use it
okay
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by nosagold(m): 10:26am On Oct 22, 2017
9jakohai:

Because God commands it.

Romans 12:17-21 ESV

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Matthew 5:44 E

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32 ESV

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Luke 6:27 ESV

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

God bless you sir.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by edwinho: 10:52am On Oct 22, 2017
Don't really understand that part of the Bible, some portions of the Bible says suffer not the witch to live, anyway make we dey watch shaa
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by tete7000(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2017
Omooba77:

Jesus himself answered your question. If you pay evil back with evil, how are you different? You are as evil as the other person. Evil is evil irrespective of why we do it. So don't join the evil league, but be good at all times and allow no one provoke you into becoming evil.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 22, 2017
rottenPussy:

As your username says, you are rotten!
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by CHARLOE(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2017
win2kwire:
Forgiveness means that many criminals in society will never get justice and it encourages criminality.
You can see how useless Christianity is in 21st century!
So true, most xtians will say 'i live him for god instead of seeking justice, letting d criminal/fraudster go Scot free.
We also have same attitude to corrupt politicians, u hear things like: 'lets pray 4 our leaders, only god will punish them, their children are never do Wells etc', instead of fighting for our rights

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by TruthHurts1(m): 11:13am On Oct 22, 2017
ANBAKO:

You just show your bigotry, intolerance, shallow-mind and that you are brainwashed. No religion is better than the other.
And you'll now come to preach to me! Your Christianity is insanity.

BTW, I am a "Christian"

How is he a bigot for saying the truth? Read the Quran and the sunna of islam. Mohammed NEVER forgave any of his enemies. Even for simply disagreeing with him he would kill people.

Mohammed last words before he died were:

"May Allah's Curse be on Jews and Christians for they build places of worship at the graves of their prophets."

Sahih al-Bukhari Volume 4 Book 56 No 660

In the koran Mohammed said:

(9:30): The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded? (Surah At-Tawbah

Islam is built on a foundation of lies, intolerance and hostility. I doubt if you are a true Christian. You're a Muslim pretending to be a Christian.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by DreamSonInlaw(m): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2017
rottenPussy:

There is good & there is evil ( And of course consequences that accompanies our choices) Lucifer chose his.

Christ on the cross in between the two Robbers is the classic example why Christians forgive/pray for their enemies
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 22, 2017
ANBAKO:

You just show your bigotry, intolerance, shallow-mind and that you are brainwashed. No religion is better than the other.
And you'll now come to preach to me! Your Christianity is insanity.

BTW, I am a "Christian"

I agree with you. No religion is better than another
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 22, 2017
9jakohai:

Because God commands it.

Romans 12:17-21 ESV

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Matthew 5:44 E

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32 ESV

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Luke 6:27 ESV

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

You are entirely blessed. Just ask God one thing today He should do for you and it will done.

The peace of the Lord be with you now and forever. Amen!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? / Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.