Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? (6889 Views)

Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Apostle Suleman: Christians Pray For Donald Trump Over Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 22, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

WHY SHOULD CHRISTIANS PRAY AT ALL WHEN GOD ALREADY KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR EVERYONE?

GOD ALREADY MADE OUT HIS PLANS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME, SO PRAYING AND ASKING FOR THINGS IS SIMPLY YOU TELLING GOD TO CHANGE HIS ALREADY MADE DIVINE PLANS JUST FOR WHAT YOU WANT,
AND THAT IS VERY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL.

PRAYING IS JUST AN ACT OF DISBELIEF AND DOUBTS, AND THEREFORE A LACK OF FAITH.

PS: YOUR PASTOR, WHOEVER HE IS, IS JUST A CONMAN WHO PROBABLY DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE IN GOD. BUT YOU'RE HIS MONEY MAKING MACHINE SO HE HAS TO KEEP TELLING YOU THOSE STORIES ON THE PULPIT.

HE ASKED ME TO THANK ALL OF YOU ON HIS BEHALF, HE'LL BE ROCKING A NEW SUIT THIS SUNDAY BECAUSE OF YOUR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS. THANKS.
wink

Laugh won kill be die
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by RoyalBoutique(m): 11:30am On Oct 22, 2017
ruffDiamond:
shut the fuuvk up there and go finish your indomie? Stephen paddock, a CHRISTIAN ,killed and wasted the lives of close to 60 INNOCENT Americans! Some of whom might be Muslim victims !what is peaceful about Christianity Bunch of Pharisees and hypocrite lot! For yr info, not all Muslim are violent, let alone being a terrorist .I was a Christian once but their hypocrisy and double standard way of life stink to high heaven!same issues even Jesus faced the Pharisees and Sadducees with.guy try reason logically pls.when Muhammad Ali (born and raised in a christian home)died,thousands of CHRISTIANS were there to attend his funeral .a true religion isn't by sight but heart

You just dey make plenty noise, how many Christians can you name?

I can name more than a million Muslim terrorists while you can name a finger full of Christians

Buzz of

Muslim terrorist
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Homebaked: 11:35am On Oct 22, 2017
edwinho:
Don't really understand that part of the Bible, some portions of the Bible says suffer not the witch to live, anyway make we dey watch shaa
The suffering the witch not to live part is old testament. The order of the new testament is love. If you are a Christian, you will do well to pay attention to what Jesus says.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by 2morogobeta(f): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2017
Why pray at all? There is no God its a waste of time
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by rottenPussy: 11:51am On Oct 22, 2017
Mavrick2012:
bros, what are you insinuating?
What do you have to say about Steven, who, at the point of being stoned, prayed God forgive those stoning him?
[b]Read your Bible, [/b]stop reading papas lips
@the bolded, I guess all those I said are not associated with bible teachings cheesy
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by rottenPussy: 11:58am On Oct 22, 2017
DreamSonInlaw:

There is good & there is evil ( And of course consequences that accompanies our choices) Lucifer chose his.

Christ on the cross in between the two Robbers is the classic example why Christians forgive/pray for their enemies
so can we say Bible teachings contradicts?
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by rottenPussy: 11:59am On Oct 22, 2017
wilsonreuben:

As your username says, you are rotten!
how about you be a man and talk in the direction of the topic? That’s not so hard to do, I believe!
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
The bible encourage us to do that
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
Its not easy but thats what God wants

So we've got no choice
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by ImFortress(m): 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2017
I am a Christian... love your neighbour as you love yourself. King Solomon in Proverbs and Paul (I think) said if we repay evil with good, is like heaping coal on the head of those that hate us.

By the way I have a phone for sale

Xperia C5 Ultra Dual 2016
50k call or WhatsApp 08037134819

Neatness 85-89%

Usage 7 months

Battery 100% top shape. If you're looking g for a looking lasting battery, this is the phone.

Screen protector available

Note: This is not refurbished or UK used
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Bogii: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2017
rottenPussy:
Don’t be fooled man! Looking at the Bible from a logical aspect, it is infact a sin to pray for your enemy.

A case in point, if it was normal and Godly to pray for ones enemy, why didn’t God forgive and pray for lucifer? Why has he made his current existence a temporal purnishment, because the Bible tells us that he (God) has a special retirement home of purnishment for lucifer (the lake of fire)?

Another instance is seen in the case of Jesus Christ. Do you think if he, Jesus was not choosen, he would have tolerated all the pain bestowed on him? Remember at some point, he said Eli Eli lamasabachtani (God please spare me of this sacrifice/purnishment). Then again he said, God forgive them for they know not what they are doing.

At the bolded, if all the pain inflected on Jesus were not in fulfillment of the Godly sacrifice, do you think he would have begged for forgiveness on their behalf, or have you forgotten what happened to all those who attempted to kill Jesus before he learnt about his purpose

I don’t want to argue this seriously undecided

I feel you bro[color=#006600][/color]]

1 Like

Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by godunia(m): 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
They are doing it in imitation of God who makes rain to fall on both wicked and righteous. Satan is the root cause of hatred so to have God's approval your love for your neighbour must surpasse your hatred.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
rottenPussy:
how about you be a man and talk in the direction of the topic? That’s not so hard to do, I believe!

9jakohai:

Because God commands it.

Romans 12:17-21 ESV

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Matthew 5:44 E

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Ephesians 4:32 ESV

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Luke 6:27 ESV

“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

That reply says it all.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by mechanics(m): 2:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
For them to repent
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by rottenPussy: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
wilsonreuben:

That reply says it all.

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. This is how you people misunderstand the Bible. The verse never said pray for your enemy. What the verse is saying is play along with good deeds, try to change him for better with your good doings.

Now onto the bolded. Logically it means irrespective of your good deeds, your enemy will still be purnished by the Lord himself. This is just a case of preaching against jungle justice, leaving the court to decide the faith of the suspect.

Vengeance is mine, says the lord. So it is your duty to be protective and be conscious of your safety while trying to change your enemy for better.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by rottenPussy: 2:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
wilsonreuben:

That reply says it all.

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

This is how you people misunderstand the Bible. The verse never said pray for your enemy. What the verse is saying is play along with good deeds, try to change him for better with your good doings.

Now onto the bolded. Logically it means irrespective of your good deeds, your enemy will still be purnished by the Lord himself. This is just a case of preaching against jungle justice, leaving the court to decide the faith of the suspect.

Vengeance is mine, says the lord. So it is your duty to be protective and be conscious of your safety while trying to change your enemy for better.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by orisa37: 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
Omooba77:
Sometimes I feel like taking my own pound of flesh when people offends me, why must I not pay back! Alas the word of God will caution me and I feel strong pain for sometimes; later the peace of God overflows my heart. Matthew 5: 44-45
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by DEmejioba1: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2017
Omooba77:
Sometimes I feel like taking my own pound of flesh when people offends me, why must I not pay back! Alas the word of God will caution me and I feel strong pain for sometimes; later the peace of God overflows my heart. Matthew 5: 44-45
I doubt this, why did they should fire fire where did they direct it?
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by DEmejioba1: 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
Omooba77:
I doubt this, why did they shout fire fire where did they direct it?
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by don89(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
Why don't we pray for the devil, may be to repent.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Apipia: 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
Muafrika2:
Should they?

You pray for the success of your enemy. What if they are seeking to destroy you, then you will have prayed for your own destruction. God forbid!!
if you want a friend talk to your enemy, when your enemy succeeds, you have also succeed.
True Christianity had it foundation strictly based on love, a Christian hates the characters alien to bible principles, not the individual.
For example, you dont hate Mr Doe as person because he is an armed robber, but you hate his violent behaviors, and found a way to reach out to him, with good news of salvation based on God's kingdom which will eliminate all inequality, especially Satan the Devil, who is the principal driver behind all misbehavior.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by jacyhelen(f): 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
RoyalBoutique:
Because Christianity is the true religion of peace ... We let our God fight for himself and fight for us

Unlike Islam that doesn't know what peace means

Hahahhahahh..u nailed it...I just Pray they dont ban you cos Niaraland and Nigeria na muslim people get am..
Islamic forum and islamic country
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Apipia:

if you want a friend talk to your enemy, when your enemy succeeds, you have also succeed.
True Christianity had it foundation strictly based on love, a Christian hates the characters alien to bible principles, not the individual.
For example, you dont hate Mr Doe as person because he is an armed robber, but you hate his violent behaviors, and found a way to reach out to him, with good news of salvation based on God's kingdom which will eliminate all inequality, especially Satan the Devil, who is the principal driver behind all misbehavior.
I don't mind loving them, praying for their success is my problem. That robbers success is other peoples pain.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Apipia: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Muafrika2:

I don't mind loving them, praying for their success is my problem. That robbers success is other peoples pain.
If Mr Doe leaves his evil ways by cultivating spiritual qualities and live his life in accord with godly devotion, you can at least sleep with your two eyes closed. Mr Doe will become a respected member of the community.
Lets examine what the bible book of Ephesians chapter 4 verse 28 says `let the one who steals or robs, steals or robs no more, rather let him do hard work, doing good work with his hands, so that he may have something to share with someone in need`
Loving ones enemy is a command by the Grand commander of true Christianity Jesus Christ, the only begotten son of Jehovah, if one finds it too difficult to accept or obey this command,he or she has disown him as his master, and Jehovah God also from whom Jesus received the commandment. Matthew chapter 5 verses 44,45.
I keep using true christainity, because not all whom claim or professed to be Christians are real followers of christ, not all are godly, not all values spirituality, Majority has openly disobeyed Jesus christ and his father Jehovah. The skirt of false christianity is heavily soaked in hypocrisy and blood.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2017
rottenPussy:

This is how you people misunderstand the Bible. The verse never said pray for your enemy. What the verse is saying is play along with good deeds, try to change him for better with your good doings.

Exactly how many brain cells do you use to think? What is your brain activity when you think? I can't believe you!
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 23, 2017
rottenPussy:

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. This is how you people misunderstand the Bible. The verse never said pray for your enemy. What the verse is saying is play along with good deeds, try to change him for better with your good doings.

You are not understanding
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by rottenPussy: 8:06am On Oct 23, 2017
wilsonreuben:

Exactly how many brain cells do you use to think? What is your brain activity when you think? I can't believe you!
Man, don’t get bitter. Just go on and preach to a Boko Haram loyalist (a generally known enemy) when he is holding a daggar. Give home food and all, then pray that he get bestowed with success in all his doings. If you survive the stab he is going to give you while been good to him, then I will I av an atom of consideration for your gibberish.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2017
rottenPussy:
Man, don’t get bitter. Just go on and preach to a Boko Haram loyalist (a generally known enemy) when he is holding a daggar. Give home food and all, then pray that he get bestowed with success in all his doings. If you survive the stab he is going to give you while been good to him, then I will I av an atom of consideration for your gibberish.

I don't know why i bother with you. Anyways, i respect your say on the topic i just don't agree with you.
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by rottenPussy: 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
wilsonreuben:

I don't know why i bother with you. Anyways, i respect your say on the topic i just don't agree with you.
I like the way you argue, it’s quite mature! Nice meeting you smiley
Re: Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? by DreamSonInlaw(m): 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
rottenPussy:
so can we say Bible teachings contradicts?

Nope! Perhaps our knowledge is insufficient

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Selling Anointing Oil- What Do You Think? / Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.