Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood (59066 Views)

Father Ezeaka Felix Sunday Celebrates 5 Years Of Priesthood In Cameroon (Photos) / Patrick Henry Edet To Wed After Resignation From Catholic Priesthood / Rev Father Gospel Inalegwu Is Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by rhektor(m): 6:53am On Oct 23, 2017
Coldfeets:
Good news.

Let the veil of organized religion keep on falling off the eyes of the minions.

So that more and more people will come to see organized religion for what it really is: MIND CONTROL and TOTAL FALLACY.

How is it total fallacy explain this please or apologise for your inerrancy
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by philfearon(m): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2017
SpecialAdviser:
Well, what more can I say? I wish him well on his decision. It doesn't in any way make him condemned.

One fact is that the gate of hell cannot prevail against the church Christ himself established
We Catholics should learn to love our priests. These guys are really trying and their vow of celibacy is just very difficult in this sex age. They are all human beings like us with body and blood. They suffer to fetch souls in a most difficult conditions.

PLEASE STOP CONDEMNING PRIESTS. STOP GOSSIPING ABOUT THEM AS WELL. PRAY FOR THEM DAILY.
Celibacy my foot.
99.9% of them have girlfriends and Fûck!
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by SalC: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2017
adetayo234:
is that the lie that tell you in the camp of Satan you belong to? Read 1Cor 7, especially verses 1,7 and 8. Maybe those verses can cure You of your annoying stupidity

I suppose you are a Catholic bro. I shiver when I see my brothers descend so low as to insult this much, pls you can pass your massage without name calling. Thanks
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Andy2274: 8:53am On Oct 23, 2017
talk2percy:
guy, a boy of Twelve to thirteen years knows nothing about celibacy, and that is exactly the time one enters the seminary. And all through his stay in the seminary, they are formed to live fake and pretentious life till either one decides to live a real life by bowing out or going into the priesthood just not to disappoint his family or the community or the society(societal pressure) and live the rest of his life pretending or in regrets most often, that is why apparently 99.9 percent of catholic priests are not virgins. So this guy apparently wants to live a free and normal life devoid of self deceit. There's no such thing as living a celibate life amongst priests and they know that...
. Devil will always punish liars like you. Just because you want to criticize what you did not know you will be saying nonsense. No priest enter the seminary at 12 or 13yrs because you must finish secondary school and have your 5 credits. Even now in some diocese you must pass your JAMB. After that you go for one year SPIRITUAL YEAR before going into major seminary. If you don't know something keep quiet. It's not by force. You can decide to leave the seminary anytime before your ordination and you have 9yrs to do that. Don't turn yourself to liar because you want to win cheap argument.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by marooh: 8:56am On Oct 23, 2017
meezynetwork:
OK oh

He thinks say to follow christ na small tin

Na only kidnapping he come dey shiver!

He purposely sent to carry out his delusion action
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Maryfwesh: 9:12am On Oct 23, 2017
Still can't believe it....bt God knows d best...
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Pringlez: 9:38am On Oct 23, 2017
jonnytad:
Only God knows what happened to him, maybe He was made to defile himself, maybe He was setup to do something He couldn't live with, maybe the person responsible is in His congregation and He can't continue looking at him knowing he can't talk...... Only God can tell.
Let us continue to pray for all this pastors, priests and reverend. Even the imams and alfas bcoz they their actions and inactions affect us directly or indirectly.

My thoughts exactly; God bless you for this sensible comment!!

1 Like

Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by djoe21(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2017
babaolofin:

Then, they should not stop them from leaving. Even Jesus did not force his apostles to remain with him. In fact after 3 yrs, when all Jesus disciples left remaining only the 12 Apostles, he asked them if they also want to leave.

It is not a cult. If you said if they know they will leave they shouldn't have joined priesthood , then, you are turning it to cult & making the oath of priesthood a secret society oath which it is not.

Nobody is preventing any one from leaving.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by djoe21(m): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2017
Penalty82:

You didn't read to verse 12 to know that Paul was only talking on his own not as commanded by God.

St. Paul was speaking as someone filled with the Holy Spirit bro. I believe you know what that means.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2017
Jonathan:
How can we pray for d0lts?
Where did you people get that idea of celibacy to worship God from? Nonsense
from the Bible, you should read it sometimes.

1 cor 7;32
I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the

have a nice day
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 10:06am On Oct 23, 2017
philfearon:

Celibacy my foot.
99.9% of them have girlfriends and Fûck!
you are God who sees men's heart or you are lying about something you don't know about.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Penalty82(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2017
djoe21:

St. Paul was speaking as someone filled with the Holy Spirit bro. I believe you know what that means.

Did God himself discouraged marriage?.

Your answer to this question will show you the Apostle Paul was speaking based on his own understanding.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by talk2percy(m): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2017
Andy2274:
. Devil will always punish liars like you. Just because you want to criticize what you did not know you will be saying nonsense. No priest enter the seminary at 12 or 13yrs because you must finish secondary school and have your 5 credits. Even now in some diocese you must pass your JAMB. After that you go for one year SPIRITUAL YEAR before going into major seminary. If you don't know something keep quiet. It's not by force. You can decide to leave the seminary anytime before your ordination and you have 9yrs to do that. Don't turn yourself to liar because you want to win cheap argument.
and for ur dull mind, junior seminary doesn't exist? What do u think u know? How old were u when entered secondary school? I am telling u of the system I know and that I passed through u are here saying trash. Shut ur mouth and don't quote me if u have nothing to say...I don't argue with those that knows nothing about the church.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by djoe21(m): 10:55am On Oct 23, 2017
Penalty82:

Did God himself discouraged marriage?.

Your answer to this question will show you the Apostle Paul was speaking based on his own understanding.

No one discouraged marriage. Not God, not St. Paul and not the catholic church.

St. Paul gave an admonition as someone with Christ's authority who was very much filled with the Holy Spirit. So invariably God is the one speaking.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Penalty82(m): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2017
djoe21:

No one discouraged marriage. Not God, not St. Paul and not the catholic church.

St. Paul gave an admonition as someone with Christ's authority who was very much filled with the Holy Spirit. So invariably God is the one speaking.

If it was God speaking why did Paul say this?.

1Corinthians 7:12
But to the rest speak I, not the Lord:
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Andy2274: 11:11am On Oct 23, 2017
talk2percy:
and for ur dull mind, junior seminary doesn't exist? What do u think u know? How old were u when entered secondary school? I am telling u of the system I know and that I passed through u are here saying trash. Shut ur mouth and don't quote me if u have nothing to say...I don't argue with those that knows nothing about the church.
. Keep quiet! You didn't pass through any system. You are absolutely lying and you are not even a Catholic. There is no junior seminary. You only have MINOR SEMINARY and it is a secondary school. That you attend a MINOR SEMINARY does not mean you must be a priest or an automatic ticket to MAJOR SEMINARY. Many priest didn't even attend MINOR SEMINARY yet they went straight to SPIRITUAL YEAR and then MAJOR SEMINARY. Even in MAJOR SEMINARY your first degree in philosophy is like a normal university degree because it is affiliated to some university. SS PETER AND PAUL MAJOR SEMINARY at BODIJA IBADAN is affiliated to UI because your first degree in philosophy bears UI if you decide not to go further you can go for NYSC with the certificate. ALEX USIFOH the actor is an example go and confirm so also with many others. ALL SAINTS MAJOR SEMINARY EKPOMA is affiliated to UNIBEN or so. So also with other MAJOR SEMINARY across Nigeria. The church will not admit you into MAJOR SEMINARY if you don't have 5 credits and did not finish secondary school and if you are above 25yrs. Stop lying that you are a Catholic or passed through the system because if you do you will know all these simple things. Maybe you are one of the sit down look Catholics or bench warmers. Make findings before taking trash. Visit your initial write up to see how confused you are.

2 Likes

Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by philfearon(m): 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ubenedictus:
you are God who sees men's heart or you are lying about something you don't know about.
See you... I have a girlfriend who is a girlfriend to one even. And i knew already even before i met her!!
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by djoe21(m): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
Penalty82:

If it was God speaking why did Paul say this?.

1Corinthians 7:12
But to the rest speak I, not the Lord:

Yes he said that because there was no direct teaching/command from Christ about the issue he was addressing (like the questions asked about the unmarried 1Cor 7:25-28). So he taught based on his understanding and what he believed was right. Now St. Paul being an apostle, having all authority in Christ, filled and influenced by the Holy Spirit, we believe that it is most likely the right teaching. And we ought to adhere to it as christians.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Penalty82(m): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2017
djoe21:

Yes he said that because there was no direct teaching/command from Christ about the issue he was addressing (like the questions asked about the unmarried 1Cor 7:25-28). So he taught based on his understanding and what he believed was right. Now St. Paul being an apostle, having all authority in Christ, filled and influenced by the Holy Spirit, we believe that it is most likely the right teaching. And we ought to adhere to it as christians.

djoe21
What do you have to say about this?.

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife:and they shall be one flesh.

Genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by daveP(m): 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2017
gemale:

So if RCCG moves their headquarters from ebute metta elsewhere, they have stopped being RCCG. Does that invalidate the late pa akindayomi as their founder? Constantine might have playing a role in institutionalising the church but that doesn't mean it didn't exist before him. There was a church before the Nicene council. The council didn't found a new church. It was just a forum to streamline doctrines & do away with teachings that were not compatible.
(claps) i see that the aim is to prove that the 'church' that existed then was catholic!!(just like telling a judge to overlook strong, irrefutable evidence) i rest my case.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by adetayo234: 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2017
Penalty82:

You didn't read to verse 12 to know that Paul was only talking on his own not as commanded by God.

Does that now mean those who follow Paul's advice are going against the will of God?

Ask yourself this question and be sincere to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Penalty82(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
adetayo234:

Does that now mean those who follow Paul's advice are going against the will of God?

Ask yourself this question and be sincere to yourself.

Paul once told Timothy to take little alcohol b'cos of his stomach, today that instruction has bn misinterpreted by so many.

l leave you with this from the same Paul.

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry:for it is better to marry than to burn.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by djoe21(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
Penalty82:

djoe21
What do you have to say about this?.

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife:and they shall be one flesh.

Genesis 2:18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Good questions. But you see before the fall, PROCREATION was the most important thing for man so as to fill up the earth with his perfect offspring. But after falling through sin, while procreation is still relevant, gaining SALVATION has become the most important thing for man (Matt 6:33. 13:44-45. 19:12).

Infact man is not only expected to gain salvation for himself but to help others do so in anyway he can. He must also never be a stumbling block to anyone (1Cor 8:13), (Luke 17:1-3).

So as christians, we should understand that procreation (marriage) is not the ultimate anymore but making heaven and helping others to do so. Remember in heaven there will be no marriage because we shall be like the angels (Mark 12:20-24).

Jesus also made us understand in Matt 19:1-12 that marriage does not apply to all but to those whom God has called to it. Infact the apostles implied that being unmarried was better (Matt 19:10) and St. Paul shared similar sentiment in 1Cor 7:38

Which ever the call is (marriage or celibacy), we must remember that our first and primary call is to LOVE - love God and love humanity (Matt 5:44, 22:35-40), (Jn 13:34-35), (1Cor 13:1-13), (1Jn 2::7-11, 3:22-23), for in love there is no sin for God Himself is love -1Jn 4:8
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by adetayo234: 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2017
Penalty82:

Paul once told Timothy to take little alcohol b'cos of his stomach, today that instruction has bn misinterpreted by so many.

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry:for it is better to marry than to burn.

So, are you saying anyone who obeys the instructions /advices of Paul is working against the will of God? Answer in sincerity to your conscience.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by adetayo234: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2017
Penalty82:

Read 1Corinthians 7:38
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Penalty82(m): 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2017
adetayo234:

So, are you saying anyone who obeys the instructions /advices of Paul is working against the will of God? Answer in sincerity to your conscience.

Some instructions of Paul were directed to those concerned at that moment and he speaks based on circumstances on ground.

Paul said it is not good to marry and he later said to marry is better than to burn. The only way you can reconcile this is to check what God said concerning marriage which is the supreme.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by adetayo234: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
Penalty82:

Some instructions of Paul were directed to those concerned at that moment and he speaks based on circumstances on ground.

Paul said it is not good to marry and he later said to marry is better than to burn. The only way you can reconcile this is to check what God said concerning marriage which is the supreme.

How does your argument prove that it is a sin not to marry? You are not really interested in seeing from other people's perspective. Your intention is to sha win argument at all cost.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Penalty82(m): 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
adetayo234:

Read 1Corinthians 7:38
Read verse 39
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by adetayo234: 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2017
Penalty82:

Before, you kept on shouting that it is not in the Bible, deceiving people that lack scriptural knowledge. And now that we have shown you that it is in the Bible, you are looking for another excuse. May God save your soul from obstinacy.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Penalty82(m): 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2017
adetayo234:

How does your argument prove that it is a sin not to marry? You are not really interested in seeing from other people's perspective. Your intention is to sha win argument at all cost.

God said that it is not good for a man to be without a wife.

Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by adetayo234: 3:39pm On Oct 24, 2017
Penalty82:

Read verse 39

How does verse 39 have any import on verse 38? Calm down, remove the scale of bias from your eyes and mind, then read it with an unbiased mind bent on winning an argument, and you will discover that there is no import.
Re: Father Gospel Inalegwu Resigns From Priesthood by Penalty82(m): 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
adetayo234:

Before, you kept on shouting that it is not in the Bible, deceiving people that lack scriptural knowledge. And now that we have shown you that it is in the Bible, you are looking for another excuse. May God save your soul from obstinacy.

It is not biblical not to marry b'cos God didn't say we shouldn't marry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Gifts Ex-Prostitute House As Wedding Gift / Catholic Bishop And Priests In UK In Isi-Agu Igbo Attire During Mass / Lady Says She Woke Up On Her Way To The Mortuary After Being Declared Dead. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.