Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN (7951 Views)

Buratai Relocates To North-East, To Lead Soldiers Against Boko Haram / The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The North East Nigeria / Boko Haram Still Controls 3 LGAs In Nigeria - UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by shallysgirl: 1:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
Rabbish, not interested as far as there is no pipe borne water, electricity, good roads, hospitals, social security...... Then, you are just like me and your state ain't better than mine, and you my dear are a noise maker.
XXLDICK:

Oil; Ondo has more oil than the entire Southeast put together

Lagos and Ogun are the most industrialised states in Nigeria

Lagos has the highest IGR

Ondo and Osun are blessed with so many rocks
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by GoodiOG(m): 1:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
Princedapace:

And still south east got rebuilt and remains among the top cities in nigeria.. That shows u the spirit of the igbos..

I must confess, igbos are hardworking.. The fact that as huge as onitsha and Aba markets are, the economy of those markets are controlled by the igbos is a great point.. The fact that some main markets in many other states outside south east is influenced largely by the igbos is a sign of magical spirit of that same igbos..

What that means is that the igbos run their own economy in their own region and still control the economy of many other regions.. That is a huge success.. The average igbo man hates laziness.. He go hustle am any how..

Yorubas too dey try for human resources.. Southern nigeria is blessed with human resources.. Something north lacks. No matter what they try, they lack it.. Take FG supports from north, the region will collapse.
Thats why am totally against secession. We dont need another country to become a greater economy. What we need is full autonomy in our region just like Kurdistan, Catalina, Scotland etc. A situation where by we can elect out own president and still be a member of Nigeria. Nigeria fears the facts that the igbos will see it as an opportunity to Import weapons in to the region once they are given that autonomy.
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by XXLDICK(m): 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
sanpipita:

Do you have anything to back this claim of ondo having more oil than SE, oil is pretty useless these days wonder why its a big issue, Lagos has a high IGR cos FG made it viable nothing else, Lagos is not doing better despite the revenues they get, osun is close to liquidation but you will only SE leaders are bad.
Oil is pretty useless but Nigeria gets most of it's revenue from oil and can't survive without it.

Yes, Lagos has a very high IGR because of FG. Their luck.

All Governors all useless especially the southsouth and Lagos.

Pictorial evidence below

Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by XXLDICK(m): 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
shallysgirl:
Rabbish, not interested as far as there is no pipe borne water, electricity, good roads, hospitals, social security...... Then, you are just like me and your state ain't better than mine, and you my dear are a noise maker.
You made a wrong statement and I told you the truth and you claim not to be interested, why
It doesn't favour you, right? A dent to your ego

For your information, I'm Igbo too. I'm just rational and detribalised
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by XXLDICK(m): 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
Princedapace:

I just pointed out mensins to u as an example.. How will it benefit igbos..?

The igbos I know are hardworking.. That igbos are in other regions doesn't mean south east is not working.. The point is.. Igbos run their own economy in south east.. South east is not the poorest in Nigeria.. And south east as it stands is controlled by the igbos.. That is a great point.. I mentioned to u Aba, Onitsha, etc. They are markets that are very huge.. They are controlled by the igbos with little influence of other tribes there.. Now unlike many other regions where igbos have significant influence on their economy. I gave u examples of Ibadan, Jos, Markodi, I av been to these places.. We all know how important small scale and medium scale businesses are to any economy. The market is very important. Igbos are in other parts of Nigeria does not mean that they are not in the east..

Go to Enugu, people are making millions on their business and they are mainly igbos, go to Aba, same thing, go to Onitsha, billions are made yearly from businesses and industries mainly by igbos, same in Owerri, Asaba, etc. These markets are ruled by igbos. U know, when u people say igbos leave their region, it sounds like south east has no working business.

But south east is full of businesses that re successful.. Just that an average igbo man doesn't like to rest or beg up and down. He has conquered his own region and had to go to other regions and conquer the economy too.

How restructuring will benefit south east?

No more free money right? Fine, states in the east will know that they need to work harder to earn. Those contesting will also know that there are no more excellent packages for governors.. So, corrupt policians too will pay their attention somewhere else. Only leaders who have the passion can contest.

Indonesia makes a lot from palm fruit and red oil. We have a lot of them in the east. Now what makes country great is not resources found therein but what they can make out of that resources..

Igbos can begin to hustle on what they can produce with palm fruit products.. Nothing is impossible with science.

Tourism is another sector in the east that can earn for that region. Tunisia is a small country but earns a lot from tourism and has better electricity than Nigeria.

Fashion industry creates a lot of jobs and Aba can make billions for the state from this. Fashion is huge and has generated billions for Japan, Milan, Paris, etc. Aba has what it takes to earn from that sector. Remember that there is human resources. That is the most important.

Sand in river areas are source of market too, stones are needed in industries, these things are found a lot in the east. They can be used for production more and export them less.

Onitsha market can manufacture a lot of machine related parts.. It can be enhanced, people sent to learn skills from developed countries and return to practice what they learnt.. Sport is huge business too. The talent is there.. South east league for clubs alone can generate billions if well managed..

The point is when there is no free money, people will try other means.. The current system has made states lazy including south east..

But there is one thing south east has which is human resources.. That alone is a blessing.
I agree with everything you said and I share same view

I just wanted to point out why it isn't right calling the northern region a parasitic one.

#OneLove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by Princedapace(m): 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2017
sanpipita:

My brother forget these people most of them haven't crossed Benin - Ore road and they want to form opinion on Igbos, the way they say igbos should leave their place you will think its every Igbo that leaves outside igboland, they stupid enough not to realize Igbos have done well for themselves without FG support unlike their regions

It is really funny that they dont know that south east is controlled by the igbos. That igbos travel far does not mean that south east lacks igbos.. I spend time to educate them..

south east has many businesses running successfully for years. The sweetest part of this is that the igbos control over 95% if that economy in south east and still have significant influence in other economies in other regions. Igbos dont love to simply beg up and down. They prefer to try other territories and conquer.

The Aba and Onitsha markets are worth billions and are fully managed and controlled by the igbos even with little FG presence in that region.

1 Like

Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by Princedapace(m): 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
XXLDICK:

I agree with everything you said and I share same view

I just wanted to point out why it isn't right calling the northern region a parasitic one.

#OneLove

why they are called Parasite is just that they lack human resources. It is a fact. It is a natural order. They lack human resources.. they have population. Yes! But lack human resources.. This is why southern regions wishes to have complete control of their own resources.

It would be really hard for north if the current system fails. Their human resource capacity is poor. This is why the popular notion of their parasitic life is loud.
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by XXLDICK(m): 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
Princedapace:

why they are called Parasite is just that they lack human resources. It is a fact. It is a natural order. They lack human resources.. they have population. Yes! But lack human resources.. This is why southern regions wishes to have complete control of their own resources.

It would be really hard for north if the current system fails. Their human resource capacity is poor. This is why the popular notion of their parasitic life is loud.
I have met many northerners, many of them work for my Dad and I tell you they are far more hardworking than the Igbos I have met. They don't work smark like the Igbos but they work very hard. Blame it on their religion which sees Western education as haram
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by sanpipita(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2017
XXLDICK:

Oil is pretty useless but Nigeria gets most of it's revenue from oil and can't survive without it.

Yes, Lagos has a very high IGR because of FG. Their luck.

All Governors all useless especially the southsouth and Lagos.

Pictorial evidence below

How does oil barrel production translate to total amount of oil a state has, by your logic you are implying Akwa Ibom has more oil than Delta and Bayelsa which isn't true, having a better production doesn't mean one has a better total amount of oil, there are cases of militant bombing and oil bunkering which can reduce production capacity these things you need to take into considerations, your data is even a 2013 one until I see a better emphasized data this your ondo talk is pure fallacy.
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by Princedapace(m): 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
XXLDICK:

I have met many northerners, many of them work for my Dad and I tell you they are far more hardworking than the Igbos I have met. They don't work smark like the Igbos but they work very hard. Blame it on their religion which sees Western education as haram

they are the ones u met.. Nothing in life is 100% bro.. but we deal with majority of occurrence..Majority of them dont just work smartly.. just like u said.. hardwork and smart work are not the same wink Even if it's there religion that caused it.. it is still what we are saying,,

something must cause something.. Their United Arab Emirate is still a muslim country.. Something must cause the down fall of a man. grin They lack human resources..

take for example, take a look at Approved Complete List Of All The Educational Less Developed States In Nigeria - (ELDs) source: http://www.unnportal.com.ng/2016/11/approved-complete-list-of-all.html
- Adamawa
- Bauchi
- Bayelsa
- Benue
- Borno
- Cross River
- Ebonyi
- Gombe
- Jigawa
- Kaduna
- Kano
- Kastina
- Kebbi
- Koggi
- Kwara
- Nasarawa
- Niger
- Plateu
- Rivers
- Sokoto
- Taraba
- Yobe and
- Zamfara

u have just one eastern state there out of five. Not as if FG has done so much in the area of education in the south east.. These guys in the east worked this out by them selves.. North rules the list.. sadly, they av ruled more in Nigeria.. It is about human resources... they lack it...

Now, imagine a country where the north is cut off and have no access to this kind of benefit? Just think about it.. They benefit more from the system and still are more backward.. it should tell u more about these people.
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by XXLDICK(m): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2017
sanpipita:

How does oil barrel production translate to total amount of oil a state has, by your logic you are implying Akwa Ibom has more oil than Delta and Bayelsa which isn't true, having a better production doesn't mean one has a better total amount of oil, there are cases of militant bombing and oil bunkering which can reduce production capacity these things you need to take into considerations, your data is even a 2013 one until I see a better emphasized data this your ondo talk is pure fallacy.
Here is a link for 2017
https://infoguidenigeria.com/oil-producing-states/
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by COCKCROW: 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
The picture is cloned, has nothing to do with North-east. This picture is biafra-nigeria war picture of Biafran children starved by Gowon and Awolowo. These suffering is laziness based. The have not seen war yet they are dying in droves. What will happen if there is real war. Boko Haram is the creation of the moslem north to islamise the whole country. personally I have no iota pity on them. Using UN is a scam to raise money for jihad."Attack on Boko Haram is attack on the north" Feeding these things in the north-east is against northern interest.
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
shallysgirl:

As far as you come to my region to eke out a living, you igbos are parasites!
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by sanpipita(m): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2017
XXLDICK:

Here is a link for 2017
https://infoguidenigeria.com/oil-producing-states/

You are still giving me barrel production stats, how much oil does Lagos have to be better than Edo or even Imo, if tomorrow Kaduna starts producing 100,000 barrels pd cos it was linked up with Delta oil pipelines does it mean they have total oil quantity than Delta? these stats doesn't tell the total quantity of oil in states, oil production can happen anywhere with proper facilities in place, I will end this here anyway
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by stanluiz(m): 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Lazy asshole.
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by shallysgirl: 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
Do the worst you can. This is Nigeria and anyone can live wheresoever he or she wishes.
Your lies have been busted.
Yorubas live in the south east. They have a community and even have a yoruba mosque. tongue

Oh Alcatraz the fake yoruba guy. The one without any self confidence. SMH.
Alcatraz005:

Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by shallysgirl: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
You are Igbo indeed.
XXLDICK:

You made a wrong statement and I told you the truth and you claim not to be interested, why
It doesn't favour you, right? A dent to your ego

For your information, I'm Igbo too. I'm just rational and detribalised
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
stanluiz:
Lazy asshole.

Hard working criminal minded igbos. Una matter no be here ooo.
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by stanluiz(m): 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Hard working criminal minded igbos. Una matter no be here ooo.
Ritualistic Yoruba skull miners una tire me.
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by raymexx: 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
XXLDICK:

You are very right, no doubt.

I'm Igbo too but I had a reason for making that comment.

- I hate it when Igbos call northernes parasites despite not being the one feeding them

- we are not interested in oil, but we keep trying to coarse Delta State and some other oil producing states into our agitation for Biafra.

- we are the ones clamoring for resource control even when resource control was stopped by one of our own.

- The Igbo region region benefits from oil money just like the so-called nothern parasites

- you know our Governors can't pay salaries without oil money?

- clamouring for resource control? Hope you kn ow that most Igbo businesses are situated outside the the Southeastern region And their taxes will be paid to the host states and not Southeastern Governors Believe it or not, restructuring will only favour southsouth and sothwestern regions.

We should be rational in our thinking
your ignorance is very pathetic, who told you south east don't produce oil. some states like imo and Abia produces oil more than enough to finance their budget. why are they included in Niger Delta? have you tried to find out the percentage of oil produced by each state and region. you can do better bro
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by raymexx: 5:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Please tell your brother ooo. We yorubas would never allow you feel at home in our land while you continue to hate us. Igbos should go back home!
and you think you will survive if Igbos leave. block head.
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by XXLDICK(m): 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
raymexx:
your ignorance is very pathetic, who told you south east don't produce oil. some states like imo and Abia produces oil more than enough to finance their budget. why are they included in Niger Delta? have you tried to find out the percentage of oil produced by each state and region. you can do better bro
I know man. The oil isn't enough, Bro

Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by raymexx: 5:29pm On Oct 23, 2017
XXLDICK:

The centre controlling everything is not the problem. In China, the centre controls everything but it's working for them.

I don't have a defeatist mentality. I need you to mention how restructuring will benefit the Southeast
who told you that the center controls everything in China? you don't hear of self admin provinces like macua and honKung
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2017
raymexx:
and you think you will survive if Igbos leave. block head.

I don’t understand you. Do you feed Yorubas or what? What is wrong with you igbos sef?
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by XXLDICK(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
raymexx:
who told you that the center controls everything in China? you don't hear of self admin provinces like macua and honKung
Very smart of you to compare provinces to regions
Re: 3.4 Million People Suffer Malnutrition In North-east Nigeria - UN by Justiceleague1: 2:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
Alcatraz005:

chatap dia! See person wey dey type from ijebu ode! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kano Mayhem: Soldiers, Police Killed Civilians, Not Boko Haram – Shekau / Enact Law For President To Attach Portfolios To Ministerial Nominees –PDP To NAS / Nigerian High Commission In Ghana Not Evicted – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.