Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians (27268 Views)

Phone Thieves Caught In Port Harcourt, Beaten To Pulp / Suspected Phone Thieves Stab Final Year ATBU Student To Death In Bauchi / Two Suspected Phone Thieves Beaten To Pulp In Jos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Akious2k2(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2017
seedsower:
You should have a personal saving account which will either not have an ATM at all or[b] if they enforce it on you then you must bury or destroy it.[/b]

When you have need for money in that account, go to banking hall and use transfer form to transfer to your running account.
grin grin grin
Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
Bullhari007:
you need my grand mum finger print to change and default my mobile banking .. only if they are willing to trace the old woman to the village and do that...
lol...This is funny
Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by udeeze67: 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
BET TO A MAN OF YOURSELF..BET9JA BOOKING CODE?
TODAY FIXED MATCH BOOKING CODE IS AT YOUR DOOR
STEP"PLS STAKE HIGHER"
DONT MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY..WINNING IS GUARANTEED
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAY GAME

Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Rick9(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2017
brimoknight:

I dont think so
thank you
Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by JuanDeDios: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
Touchey:

It is even impossible to save your card pin on an online platform.
No website would encourage such.
Ivolt clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about
He knows what he's talking about. You people are holding what is called a dialogue of the deaf. You're talking of Nigerian transactions while he's talking of foreign ones.

1 Like

Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by JuanDeDios: 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
seedsower:
You should have a personal saving account which will either not have an ATM at all or if they enforce it on you then you must bury or destroy it.

When you have need for money in that account, go to banking hall and use transfer form to transfer to your running account.
Lol. I like bury or destroy it. GTB forced ATM and 737 on my client account which I opened for cheques only. I think I will go find my shovel now.

1 Like

Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by seedsower(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
JuanDeDios:

Lol. I like bury or destroy it. GTB forced ATM and 737 on my client account which I opened for cheques only. I think I will go find my shovel now.

More-so, your regular phone line should be different from your banking gsm number.
Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Justiceleague1: 11:38am On Oct 28, 2017
Daboomb:

I have been using ATMS now for over 18yrs (internet banking too) and yet, not a penny has been stolen from me or my account so l wonder how all these stpries l hear about happen?

I carry my ATM and Phone around and l have only lost a mobile phone, once in 1998 (just bought it first time then).
I guess people need to reappraise how security conscious they are.

No one can withdraw your cash, using your lost ATM, without knowing your PIN..... except if you have not changed the bank-given default PIN and a bank staff is helping the frauds to leak the default PIN.

I beg, anybody interested in hacking me should please go ahead, l need to experience it.

hmmm life is gud o,thanks to technology,agberoes now use gsm grin

they now transack money made from chasing danfo n molue and from pikpoc....g thru atm grin
Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by Mzperry(f): 12:33am On Oct 30, 2017
ivolt:

It doesn't, I have purchased items countless of time online and my pin was never requested
just the card name, number, and Security.
Do you mind you share where online with me
Don't ever let someone have your card, they do not need your pin for purchases.
Re: How ATM & Phone Thieves Defraud Unsuspecting Nigerians by cbngov01(m): 11:16am On Nov 19, 2017
ivolt:

They don't need to withdraw.
Online purchases require no pin and the fraudsters can
buy as much as they want.

I read that there is this "card cloning" technique that fraudsters use to make
withdrawals possible without pin, I don't know if it is true.

Still needs OTP and the message will go back to the recipients number

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Bullion Van In Ondo, Kill Two Policemen / Husband And Wife Declared Wanted For Absconding With Company's N5million. Photos / Police Arrest Ex-banker, Undergraduates For Kidnapping And Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.