Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,337 members, 7,860,831 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House (5491 Views)

What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Who Holds The TV Remote Most In Your House? / Who Is The Commander-in-chief Of Remote Control In Your House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by tayoast(m): 11:33pm On Mar 16, 2010
chelseabmw:

When my girlfriend comes to my house its always a problem because she loves watching E!.because of her i missed chelsea and west ham last week, it was so painfull.today's match between inter and chelsea,i will simply unplug one of the cord at the back of the dstv decoder and tell her it.s bad connection or weather grin grin

smart boi!!

i do that tooo
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by mamagee3(f): 1:32am On Mar 17, 2010
How does this Change anything, they should both sacrifice each other's tv time for each other.
It's no big deal.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by sayso: 8:20am On Mar 17, 2010
guys 14" colour Tv is 12 - 14K in 9ja,extra one will solve all this wahala,can you imagin stopping you infant(s) from watching cartoon becos you want to watch live match.My visitors room have one TV and one decorder and whenever I want to watch a match,the kids will come running all around the sitting room so I move to the visitors room to watch,it is not expensive cos 20K will solve the problem of remote master.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by djcrucifix(m): 8:49am On Mar 17, 2010
i am the alpha and omega of the living room.lol. as per first born, i dey buga everybody but sometimes i behave nicely and allow my sister watch her shows.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by babniyen(m): 9:08am On Mar 17, 2010
My Son
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2010
@djcrucifix, lol
You remind me of my elder brother grin grin grin
Everyone was soooo relieved wen he went for further studies in the UK

Now its between me and ma Dad but at least Dad is more considerate
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by Sagamite(m): 10:22am On Mar 17, 2010
One of the greatest benefits of living on my own.

I can watch all the news channels, football, documentaries of life & struggles around the world, analysis of topical issues, widelife documentaries, documentaries on key events (e.g. financial meltdown, Zimbabwe, Micheal Moore likes, Louis Theroux ones), a select few series (e.g. Mad men, West Wing) and more news all day, without anyone moaning in my ears they want to watch Eastenders or Hollyoaks [Spits, out of disgust].  cheesy grin grin grin

Don't touch my remote control.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by BABAYD: 10:28am On Mar 17, 2010
smileysmileycheesy He who holds the remote control holds the power in family grin grin
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by AzukaO(m): 10:35am On Mar 17, 2010
Thank God for this topic. It is helping us to know who are teenagers, young adults and MEN and WOMEN on NL, so that when they comment on other serious national issues, we will know if a child is talking or an adult is.  grin
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by desthan(m): 10:37am On Mar 17, 2010
Azuka.O:

Thank God for this topic. It is helping us to know who are teenagers, young adults and MEN and WOMEN on NL, so that when they comment on other serious national issues, we will know if a child is talking or an adult is.  grin

Damn Straight cool
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by Stevo30: 11:18am On Mar 17, 2010
I remember years back during my NYSC, I terrorized my nieces to no end. Once their dad is not around, i am the lord of remote. They dont like it, because all i watch is sports and news, but do they have choice, almighty uncle. That was until I saved enough alawi to buy a "14" tv for my room in BQ.

Now my daughter and her mother has sole authority of over the living room remotes, while I do my thing in the bedroom.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by edogram1(m): 11:36am On Mar 17, 2010
Back then, everybody have is own remote, it’s a big fight watching TV the same time.
My brother holding remote and my sister pressing the TV itself until they ended up blowing the TV, Except my father is in and he watches news only, sometimes one with no remote will remove the light fuse outside of the house an move out with it,  there will be no light in watching anything. Trust my second brother he will find a cable wire to forge a fuse and reconnect it, and I will time the tv to off itself after 2mins and my sister or dad will not know how to do it. A big war then.

if my dad or brother is watching love firm and he turned back to see any body watching aswell he will quickly change it to news.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by ehie007(m): 11:38am On Mar 17, 2010
in my house, i control the remote, but am also very considerate, i rarely watch t.v cos of work, ;but wen am at home in weekends, am in control,
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by promkingzz(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
My puppsy na d presido once he's at home and to make matters worse, we still use d single-view dstv decoder. Once d man is at home its cnn or bbc world or sky news or euronews or aljazeera or cnbca! To makd matters worse when he's tired of news na TBN de take ova. Kai! Dstv used 2b fun o! Mk una hlp me beg d man! If no be say i nearly skatta d house 4d issue dey won't have bought me dis starcomms internet usb dat now seems to help in diverting attention from TV. but even sef! I go kill my self online? I used 2keep time-track of some TV shows and reality programs but now im so old skool because of my pale. Damn terrorists!
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
I hold the remote in my home. My mom doesn't have time for T.V each time she gets back from work, Pops is always gone and my sis only spends couple hours with the TV i.e Dr 90210 and Playboy mansion, that's about it!
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by elchux: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2010
i thought i was alone. my wife always want to be in control. allows me 30mins to watch news channnels .after that she sits on the throne till light out
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by Naijapikin(m): 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2010
After work and on weekends, the remote stays with me( we have agreement on that). I only watch 5 channels- News, Documentary, Hollywood, Cartoon and Sports. My wife has 2 channels- Bollywood and Nollywood.

For sake of our marriage, I take the pain to watch her channels, and I'm beginning to enjoy them!!
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by tipsy38(f): 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2010
My dad and my younger brother.my younger brother holds it as if ,its the key to his life.once,his at home,the remote is with him.we,the ladies love soccer & also loves listening to news.whenever,its 6p.m,my dad continues till 10p.m.we are all comppelled to listen 2 news(na by force)even if all the channels repeat same news,he doesn't mind.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by jamila10(f): 7:08pm On Mar 17, 2010
My father  is always in control and when he is out the fighting starts between my sister 19 yrs and our youngest brother 11 resulting in buying  a new remote control !! grin

i donut remember when was the last time i touched it!!  Thank God there is another invention called INTERNET!
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by Mhismole(f): 10:05am On Mar 18, 2010
Are you kidding??
in a house with more than 10 inhabitants
and three floors-
there are dozens of tv's and remotes mehn. else kasali go seriously bust!
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by iice(f): 10:38am On Mar 18, 2010
I hold it cool
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by mukina2: 10:53am On Mar 18, 2010
winch tongue kiss kiss
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by mufasa(m): 2:13pm On Mar 18, 2010
when people are talking about getting more than one TV set etc. But the max you can have is watch 2 different channels in 9ja and record a third. no be so? Say its a family of 6 now how will that work.
Me no send remote sha,i ve been weaned of my TV addiction, with sky plus HD, i can record all my fav programs and watch later when the kids are doing something else.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by iice(f): 3:35pm On Mar 18, 2010
mukina2:

winch tongue kiss kiss

Winch sister tongue kiss kiss
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by otukpo(f): 3:49pm On Mar 18, 2010
Men and sports.
If its not this championship it will be this club.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by MissViola(f): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2010
Truth be told, in my house,the first who gets the remote has power to watch what he/she likes. If another wants to watch something else,you simply have to politely request.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by tayoast(m): 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2010
Miss Viola:

Truth be told, in my house,the first who gets the remote has power to watch what he/she likes. If another wants to watch something else,you simply have to politely request.

yeah, more of wat happens ova here.

But wen popsy comes home, its d end.
its either NTA/AIT/Channels/Sky News . . . & d rest.
we get 2 enjoy it 2geda wen there's ANY spoorting event on TV
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by Chykason(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2010
We don't really care 'bout who holds it, but there is this unwritten constitution of sports first cool
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by Chykason(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2010
We don't really care 'bout who holds it, but there is this unwritten constitution of sports first cool
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by friendl: 12:39am On Mar 20, 2010
my wife does, because l hardly watch t.v
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by lastpage: 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2010
After the initial hiccups, everyone, including the kids have access to a TV with remote.
Our taste is so diverse, even my kids dont agree on the same program: One is Cartoon Network, Another wants to WWW Wrestling 24/7, Another one like that yeye channel that shows "Barbie Doll" (and l guess by now you know the gender!), wifey is always on Nigerian Movie channel, myself, l love footy and Discovery Channels!

So, you see, the only way to remain sane is to give everyone a chance and thank God, some 22" flat-screen cost less than 40K by in naira terms.

Such is what life has become but in my fathers days, "Daddy is in charge" and somehow, it brought a lot of balance into the family; everyone knows there level in the heirachy of things.
Re: Who Holds The Tv Remote Control In Your House by Nobody: 3:31am On Mar 22, 2010
LOL @ some of these comments. Cute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Want To Impregnant Her To Keep Her Away From Cheating / 8 Nigerian Women On Their Funniest Pregnancy Moments / Can You Fall In Love With Someone You've Never Met?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.