Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,296 members, 7,829,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

"Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon (28449 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast / Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by chineduemmao: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2017
PHIPEX:
And he waited For Ojukwu to die before saying this? You returned from Aburi and became sick to the extent you couldn't make a statement to a nation in tumult, isn't that the biggest lie and shows your level of irresponsibility?
just leave the craz man
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by naturalmikky(m): 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nobody should ask why Nigeria is still in bad shape since independence. The leaders we had till now are selfish and liars. If Gowon can say all these things then we the youth are in a big mess. Guys it is hopeless. Find your way out of Nigeria and the rest is history.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2017
Alexus23:

Men, you guys are too fuccking arrogant. Napoleon once thought himself invincible... You forgot that one element that is constant under the sun is "ChANGE"
Change? Next generation
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:
it is a pity your own terrorist group does not bite' they are only good in making empty threat' they can't even kill a fly' were is your leader that said no election in Anambra?,,,he even said no biafra no nigeria? shameless people" like it or hate it' we shall keep ruling u till u die

See the amount of hatred.
Where u go school? Abi u go sef?
Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by ERICOPLC(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
Mr Gowon, what do you have in mind by tell us this story?
You waited all this while, that Ojukwu lived only to tell us now . should we wake Ojukwu from the grave to defend himself or are deliberately instigating another war?
If people for whatever reason considered you as, an elder statesman, please talk and act like one.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

Smh
I no go,,,u wey go ' na u rich pass Otedola' poorest man in town
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by udeeze76: 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2017
BET TO A MAN OF YOURSELF..BET9JA BOOKING CODE?
TODAY FIXED MATCH BOOKING CODE IS AT YOUR DOOR
STEP"PLS STAKE HIGHER"
DONT MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY..WINNING IS GUARANTEED
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAY GAME

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ojiofor:

The bolded said it all,The FG was not only unprepared but also very incompetent and was outsmarted by brilliant Oxford graduate in the person of Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu at Aburi.They came back from Ghana and reneged on the accord signed in Aburi and resorted to guns and bullets.
Gen.Gowon,God does not answer the prayer of the wicked and the reason why Nigeria is at this state of stagnancy.

The bolded said it all. Ever wondered why Biafra called on Chukwu Okike Abiama and prayed, but God almighty gave victory to NIGERIA and biafra lost? Ever wondered why in Nigerian history, Ojukwu started a war boasted and ran away and returned after pardon from Shagari meanwhile another Igbo man, that never supported the war and Ojukwu's lies is on Nigeria's currency and has the airport at the Country's capital named after him... That is your history my friend.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

Smh

Professor, how many school Dangote go? Bill gates and Mr Facebook were both drop outs, they don't even have ordinary bachelors.... So begin blow all the oyinbo grammer wey dey your mouth, Nnamdi Kanu blow grammar well, well but at the end, Buhari with his thick hausa accent is your president and Commander in Chief. Hate him or like him, doesn't change till 2019 my friend.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by mgbadike81: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:
evry body knows ojukwu went to war unprepared' evey igbo man including me knows the truth" so don't just
insult a man old enof to be your grand father else u die young' this is nature not a bad wish
is that what Gowon said? what's the connection between that and the thread?

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
mmb:
The meaning of Gowon is: Go On With One Nigeria (GOWON)

The meaning of Naira is: Never Allow Igbos Rule Again(NAIRA)
Supported my dear' am igbo but igbos should not rule' selfish set of people
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Leez(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
Organs:

Professor, how many school Dangote go? Bill gates and Mr Facebook were both drop outs, they don't even have ordinary bachelors.... So begin blow all the oyinbo grammer wey dey your mouth, Nnamdi Kanu blow grammar well, well but at the end, Buhari with his thick hausa accent is your president and Commander in Chief. Hate him or like him, doesn't change till 2019 my friend.
dangote came from a lineage of rich men
bill gates was no dropout
mark zuckerburg left school after gaining enough knowledge and started fb by adding his friends without their knowledge
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Leez(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:

Supported my dear' am igbo but igbos should not rule' selfish set of people
mwahhahahahahaahaahaa
im igbo indeed
see d problem u guys have is dat u think igbos want power
we dont care
the average igbo person wants equality
dats why u can never see an Awo or Saraduna in igboland
over here respect is earned
QED
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by chineduemmao: 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:
evry body knows ojukwu went to war unprepared' evey igbo man including me knows the truth" so don't just
insult a man old enof to be your grand father else u die young' this is nature not a bad wish
trying so hard to portray yourself as an igbo man, do you know how many times you have contradicted yourself?
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2017
Leez:

mwahhahahahahaahaahaa
im igbo indeed
we dont care
QED
Why clamouring for biafra then? Confused people.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Ezi39: 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
Gowon signed the document headlong without considering the implications. He returned home only to be told that what he signed cannot favour the people of the north. They were congruous in their decision to adopt that Aburi accord, but Gowon reneged on that promise.
This singular act will forever hunt Gowon. His days may be long because sentencing an evil one takes a long time. It is now left for him to repent and do the needful.
He should be ashame that his nescience of events in Aburi caused a
civil war that reached a vitriolic level, killing over three million nationwide.
He is suppose to be issuing a mea culpa now. The dauntless late Ojukwu will be forever be remembered no matter the lies Gowon tells.
Gowon should know that he and the core northerners were allies in that war, but since their friendship has turned to mistrust when that war ended.

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2017
why are you saying it now, you should have said it when the man was still alive. .ok see ur statement, you were sick wen you return from a Burk and could not make the statement. .sickness catch you for mouth? if you can't why didn't another of your deputies made the pronouncement after all its still the FG matter. .well n.a. you San I. .my own be say tell us the truth before you die o
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by osusuallstars: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
Gowon Pl let the sleeping dog rest. Stop opening old wounds. We know the truth. Face your herdsmen problem. Beside your mates are dead, what are you waiting for.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by rabzy: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
These old men should at least start speaking the truth now. They were unprepared and they tried pacifying ojukwu and therefore agreed to a lot of things and later realized, they have relinquished too much power to the regional governors.

THEN northern soldiers absolutely and totally were involved in the killing of southerners, though they hesitated initially but governor katsina unleashed the soldiers and restrained their commanding officer shuwa from stopping the soldiers
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
chineduemmao:
trying so hard to portray yourself as an igbo man, do you know how many times you have contradicted yourself?
Am a complete igbo man' i have not and will never contradict my self' am saying things the way it should be done,,,,anybody against your use less agitation you label him a nothener,,u called okorocha okorohausa simply because he was not on the side of IPOB, igbos are the problem of Nigeria' I hate them with passion
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by prelomo: 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
They have not stop lying. They claimed to be Christian regional part of the nation, but they live their life in lying both olds and youngs , with what I am seeing today I believe Ojukwu must have lied. If you listen to radio Biafra you will know what I am saying. Kanu and his Co - presenters just formulate lying which if care is not taken by this administration, another war would have exumed.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2017
Organs:

Look at your statement... mtch
Who's talking about riches and presidents?
You lost the plot.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:
I no go,,,u wey go ' na u rich pass Otedola' poorest man in town

Oga i rather dey poor than be like you...
For the records, Otedola go school.
By the way, wetin i dey try point out to you but u no see na, stop the hatred. Shikena
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Master19: 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2017
He was sick at the time of his return indeed.
somebody should tell this old man that it was his cowardice that lead to the civil war.

He knew it was a matter of national security and couldn't let any of this deputies make the announcement when he was supposedly ill?

It would have been better if he had kept his mouth shot.

We are not fools
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
Leez:

dangote came from a lineage of rich men
bill gates was no dropout
mark zuckerburg left school after gaining enough knowledge and started fb by adding his friends without their knowledge

Bros, you know the #1 problem for naija? People say things they dont know, and that beats me, GOOGLE and YAHOO is your friend.

Gates, who dropped out of Harvard and co-founded Microsoft Corp. to become the world’s richest person, stopped off at his former stomping grounds to collect an honorary law degree.

“We recognize the most illustrious member of the Harvard College class of 1977 never to have graduated from Harvard,” said Harvard University Provost Steven Hyman. “It seems high time that his alma mater hand over the diploma.”

Dangote's uncle was a business man, his father was poor. Mark dropped out of harvard, again use google.... MKO became a richman selling firewood then he sent himself to school. It depends on what "SUccess" is to you? If it means $$, so many Onitsha market traders and farmers in the North are Billionaires and they cant even speak english.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Ojiofor: 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:
it is a pity your own terrorist group does not bite' they are only good in making empty threat' they can't even kill a fly' were is your leader that said no election in Anambra?,,,he even said no biafra no nigeria? shameless people" like it or hate it' we shall keep ruling u till u die

Who are the 'we' you mentioned?
Have anybody from your lineage tasted leadership before, even a local government chairman?
I know you are hungry and unemployed and you are here boasting of ruling over me.
For your information,if you are not a relative of one of the morons and looters who have ruined these country in the name of leadership just shut up.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by chineduemmao: 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:

Am a complete igbo man' i have not and will never contradict my self' am saying things the way it should be done,,,,anybody against your use less agitation you label him a nothener,,u called okorocha okorohausa simply because he was not on the side of IPOB, igbos are the problem of Nigeria' I hate "'""them"""" with passion
check the bolded... its a reflex man u can't hide it! have a nice day.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
Leez:

mwahhahahahahaahaahaa
im igbo indeed
we dont care
QED

My brother, u too get sense.
That is what they fail to see.
They think the igbos are agitating because they want the presidency.
Mtch
They don't know that it's all about equality which other cheated tribes will gain from.
Instead, they go around spewing hatred
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Leez(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=Organs post=61762616]

Bros, you know the #1 problem for naija? People say things they dont know, and that beats me, GOOGLE and YAHOO is your friend.

Gates, who dropped out of Harvard and co-founded Microsoft Corp. to become the world’s richest person, stopped off at his former stomping grounds to collect an honorary law degree.

“We recognize the most illustrious member of the Harvard College class of 1977 never to have graduated from Harvard,” said Harvard University Provost Steven Hyman. “It seems high time that his alma mater hand over the diploma.”

Dangote's uncle was a business man, his father was poor. Mark dropped out of harvard, again use google.... MKO became a richman selling firewood then he sent himself to school. It depends on what "SUccess" is to you? If it means $$, so many Onitsha market traders and farmers in the North are Billionaires and they cant even speak english.[/quote
funny u mentioned google
now google dantata
bill gates myth has been busted time after time
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

Look at your statement... mtch
Who's talking about riches and presidents?
You lost the plot.

Oya explain what you're referring to in your own statement here

Smh
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ojiofor:

Who are the 'we' you mentioned?
Have anybody from your lineage tasted leadership before, even a local government chairman?
I know you are hungry and unemployed and you are here boasting of ruling over me.
For your information,if you are not a relative of one of the morons and looters who have ruined these country in the name of leadership just shut up.
like i said earlier' u will remain a Nigerian till your last day on earth.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Guyman02: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
Its a shame that Gowon is admitting going for an important to another country with tax payers money 'unprepared' and then comes back and did not make an announcement because he had fever when he had subordinates to deputize for him embarassed
No be today e start, we have been having leaders unprepared for leadership and we expect to make progress as a country embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obiano, Ifeanyi Ubah And Bianca Ojukwu Strike A Pose In APGA Outfits / At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb / I Certified Buhari's WAEC Result Not The One From Cambridge - Deputy Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.