Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,444 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

"Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon (28429 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast / Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
naturalmikky:
Nobody should ask why Nigeria is still in bad shape since independence. The leaders we had till now are selfish and liars. If Gowon can say all these things then we the youth are in a big mess. Guys it is hopeless. Find your way out of Nigeria and the rest is history.
even your state governor is a thief and a liar' is buhari your state governor?
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Leez(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:
Why clamouring for biafra then? Confused people.
confused?who?us? like i always say u cant be in akure and tell someone in onitsha how to think how does the clamour for biafra affect you? except there's something u aint telling ndigbo

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
Leez:

confused?who?us?
like i always say u cant be in akure and tell someone in onitsha how to think
how does the clamour for biafra affect you?
excpt there's something u aint telling ndigbo
igbo enwe eze' igbo enwe uche' they act before the think.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Leez(m): 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

My brother, u too get sense.
That is what they fail to see.
They think the igbos are agitating because they want the presidency.
Mtch
They don't know that it's all about equality which other cheated tribes will gain from.
Instead, they go around spewing hatred
bro sumone has to make em understand dat dis is 2017 not 1966
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Leez(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:
igbo enwe eze' igbo enwe uche' they act before the think.
i think u are misunderstanding dat saying and achebe's there was a country can help u on that
act b4 we think?igbos?lmao not in ds world
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by petchi: 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
prelomo:
They have not stop lying. They claimed to be Christian regional part of the nation, but they live their life in lying both olds and youngs , with what I am seeing today I believe Ojukwu must have lied. If you listen to radio Biafra you will know what I am saying. Kanu and his Co - presenters just formulate lying which if care is not taken by this administration, another war would have exumed.

Mr Integrity since you have never lied before, why don't you allow this lying people to go and be on their own. Why do you still want them to remain in your Zoo country.

2 Likes

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2017
[quote author=Leez post=61762698][/quote]

What do you mean Bill Gates myth busted? Una go just dey talk nonsense, what myth? Abeg, i no get time to argue "verifiable information" Please do your research and update your knowledge.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nnabugwu8590: 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2017
iamlegitimate:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/10/25/biafra-ojukwus-lies-caused-civil-war-gowon/amp/

Every tribe in Nigeria has bad and good history but when you twist history to turn the good history of a tribe to bad history, then it is no longer a history but a story-Nnabugwu Kingsley Okwudili
When you want to talk about history, talk it in totality of impartiality not in partiality of un-totality-Nnabugwu Kingsley Okwudili
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by PDJT: 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2017
Old fool. Who takes this habitual lying idiot, serious? Not me or my family.
A genocidist without shame. May whatever god you (Gowon) worship destroy you and your entire generation! Anuofia!
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Leez(m): 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
Organs:

What do you mean Bill Gates myth busted? Una go just dey talk nonsense, what myth? Abeg, i no get time to argue "verifiable information" Please do your research and update your knowledge.
as u wish
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nnabugwu8590: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:

Supported my dear' am igbo but igbos should not rule' selfish set of people

My dear, are you sure? Or do you wanted to write Igbos are the most selfless set of people?
Who made the statement " on Aburi Accord We stand"?
Why no one/international body countered the statement "On Aburi Accord We Stand" in1967?
Do you know that it is the inability of implementing the "on Aburi Accord We Stand" that is the root cause of Nigeria's leadership ripples?
Every tribe in Nigeria has bad and good history but when you twist history to turn the good history of a tribe to bad history, then it is no longer a history but a story-Nnabugwu Kingsley Okwudili
When you want to talk about history, talk it in totality of impartiality not in partiality of un-totality-Nnabugwu Kingsley Okwudili
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by tishbite41(m): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2017
Organs:

The bolded said it all. Ever wondered why Biafra called on Chukwu Okike Abiama and prayed, but God almighty gave victory to NIGERIA and biafra lost? Ever wondered why in Nigerian history, Ojukwu started a war boasted and ran away and returned after pardon from Shagari meanwhile another Igbo man, that never supported the war and Ojukwu's lies is on Nigeria's currency and has the airport at the Country's capital named after him... That is your history my friend.
ever wondered why Ojukwu made millions in Ivory Coast? ever wondered why he was 'pardoned'? ever wondered why he recovered all his properties seized by u afonjas? ever wondered why obasanjo restored him to d military, promoted him and paid him all his entitlements till d date he was supposed to retire? ever wondered why his party won two states in d zoo? ever wondered why his wife was made an ambassador of d zoo? ever wondered he was made a posthumous general of d monkeypox militia? ever wondered why he was given a national burial by d zoo and its militia? ever wondered why awolowo, azikiwe, adekunle etc were not honoured like him? keep on wondering bro. d truth has no hiding place. u see d way adekunle ended. u see d way shuwa ended. God is not deceived, God is not mocked, whatever a man sows that shall he reap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by GreenCap: 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
Jack, Jack, Jack,
with all due respect, General,
the slogan in the East before the war is "On Aburi We Stand"
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Dainfamous: 5:08pm On Oct 25, 2017
tishbite41:
ever wondered why Ojukwu made millions in Ivory Coast? ever wondered why he was 'pardoned'? ever wondered why he recovered all his properties seized by u afonjas? ever wondered why obasanjo restored him to d military, promoted him and paid him all his entitlements till d date he was supposed to retire? ever wondered why his party won two states in d zoo? ever wondered why his wife was made an ambassador of d zoo? ever wondered he was made a posthumous general of d monkeypox militia? ever wondered why he was given a national burial by d zoo and its militia? ever wondered why awolowo, azikiwe, adekunle etc were not honoured like him? keep on wondering bro. d truth has no hiding place. u see d way adekunle ended. u see d way shuwa ended. God is not deceived, God is not mocked, whatever a man sows that shall he reap.
you said it all
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nnabugwu8590: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:

Am a complete igbo man' i have not and will never contradict my self' am saying things the way it should be done,,,,anybody against your use less agitation you label him a nothener,,u called okorocha okorohausa simply because he was not on the side of IPOB, igbos are the problem of Nigeria' I hate them with passion

Sometimes a sentimental rooted and habitual liar does not know when he/she condems his/herself in his/her lying statement .
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by jumobi1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
Dead men can't defend themselves. They should publish documents from Aburi so we can decide who to forgive and who to praise.

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
giftq:
They packed a bunch of dullards to go discuss with Oxford graduate at Aburi.
Them think say na beans grin grin
at d end who surrender 4 d war? grin
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Ekotech1980: 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that Baba Gowon still leads/heads the Nigeria Prays;
If he still does, I doubt that Nigeria Prays still prays for the unity and peace of this country;
If it still does, I doubt that this Baba still wants God to answer the prayer; and
If he still does, then I recommend him for rehab!
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2017
MichaelSokoto:

at d end who surrender 4 d war? grin
LMAO
The dullard party needed the support of Britain, USA, Russia, Egypt, Syria, Turkey, Algeria, France, Germany, Canada, Cameroun etc etc etc

Igbo amaka grin grin grin

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by excel4us: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2017
Buh is it by force to be together?
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nnabugwu8590:

Sometimes a sentimental rooted and habitual liar does not know when he/she condems his/herself in his/her lying statement .
ojukwu a habitual lie' gowon confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
Leez:

i think u are misunderstanding dat saying and achebe's there was a country can help u on that
act b4 we think?igbos?lmao not in ds world
can was come bk to reality? biafra was a country' it is dead and buried.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
petchi:

Mr Integrity since you have never lied before, why don't you allow this lying people to go and be on their own. Why do you still want them to remain in your Zoo country.
U came out of zoo and in zoo u shall die" in the same zoo u shall be buried' u and your house hold.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 25, 2017
Nnabugwu8590:

Good u talk like a man' let's not be tribalistic.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
Organs:

Oya explain what you're referring to in your own statement here

See the amount of hatred.
Where u go school? Abi u go sef?
Smh

Why the amount of hatred/bile?
Look at the root comment...
If u no fit answer? Bye bye
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
Leez:

bro sumone has to make em understand dat dis is 2017 not 1966
It's sad though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Ojiofor: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:
like i said earlier' u will remain a Nigerian till your last day on earth.

While you remain a Canadian grin grin.
It seems your only consolation in life is having Igbos live with you as pellow Nigerians grin.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2017
PDJT:
Old fool. Who takes this habitual lying idiot, serious? Not me or my family.
A genocidist without shame. May whatever god you (Gowon) worship destroy you and your entire generation! Anuofia!
May arusi Okija strike u dead,, u lied against Mr president,,sorrow shall not depart from your house' u shall know no peace' your soul will know no rest until u die a suden death. idukatila over to u,,,shabeeee
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ojiofor:

While you remain a Canadian grin grin.
It seems your only consolation in life is having Igbos live with you as pellow Nigerians grin.
the pellow Nigeria president will continue to rule you and the ground u walk upon' even the grave u buried your parents...he will rule over you all dead or alive.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
tishbite41:

I laugh in Swahili, Bros FYI, Ojukwu in Nigerian history is a "coward". A general that led his people to an unjust and selfish war and ran away. You are not even ashamed to say he made millions in Ivory Coast, imagine, go again and watch what Gowon said during the surrender and how his conscience will judge him for all the sufferings of Ndigbo. Yes, his properties including the old Jamb office was returned to him because the govt seized it unjustly and he won his case in Nigerian court (even though Ndigbo will not be that sincere if it was a Biafran Govt). Yes he was paid his entitlements in the spirit of reconciliation and that we all won as one Nigeria. His wife, that your big mouth friend, FFK referred to as his "leftover" was made ambassador simply because of Nigerian's corruption and padi-padi govt (there are excellent Igbos that are more deserving of that position). His party won two States because of the population of Ndigbo amongst the voting population in those states, who made him posthumous general? never heard of that, if its true that again is the fact that Govt, then, said they will not hold the war against him, but they did, i admit, that is wrong on the part of the Govt, they just did not trust him. That is wrong. Burial, you compare his burial with that of ZIK OF AFRICA You must be smoking something. ZIK, whose corpse was taken all over naija in Tafawa balewa Square Lagos, Zungeru, Eagle Square Abuja, (with the Sultan of Sokoto, head of muslims in Nigeria getting in trouble for laying wreath). ZIK, AWO etc were not honoured like Ojukwu, bros, education is your problem. You have Zik, Awo on Nigerian currency and you talk about Ojukwu, a regional, i repeat regional leader and you talk about honour. You cannot even have a FEDERAL polytechnic named after Ojukwu and you talk about honour? I guess you live in Nnewi and you are talking about Nnewi honour and not NATIONAL HONOURS. About deaths, JFK and Abraham Lincoln were both murdered in office. That was how they ended, but they are larger than life in the history of America. So do not judge with how someone ended. In religion, John the baptist was beheaded and his head was presented on a plate to a lady, right, but he is a prophet in Islamic faith and the baptiser and an upright teacher and one that came to declare the coming of the messiah. Die in your sleep or die with bullets, it is what you lived for that matters my friend, Murtala died with bullets but he is larger than life in naija history.

2 Likes

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Alexus23: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
FreeTraining:

Change? Next generation
You got it all wrong dude. By the time you realise it, you're in the same shitty country with them sahel folks, down to sahara, where you can continue your dance of arrogance. It will happen in your generation.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
Alexus23:

You got it all wrong dude. By the time you realise it, you're in the same shitty country with them sahel folks, down to sahara, where you can continue your dance of arrogance. It will happen in your generation.
U are there clamouring for biafra while the real nd wise igbos are busy in Abuja working with buhari' some are contesting for govenorsip election' just keep waiting for your biafra" u will actualize it in the GRAVE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 / FG Declares Tuesday, Wednesday Public Holidays / Umahi: I No Longer Believe In Ohanaeze, They Betrayed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.