Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,745 members, 7,831,379 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

"Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon (28454 Views)

Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast / Yakubu Gowon Salutes President Buhari (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 10:14pm On Oct 25, 2017
tishbite41:
well I'm happy u put d word coward in quotes. d ndigbo whom u claim dat Ojukwu made to suffer is adore him in Igbo land a trillion times more than d one nigeria zik or wateva he called or calls himself. as for Gowon's speech then, I'm nt surprised. if a man in his 80's can still lie against d dead, you can really tell what he said or did in his 30's. he's a failure like nigeria that is a failed state. Abraham Lincoln does not need to explain his role in d civil war, America is a success. Gowon is saying trash because nigeria is nothing to write home about so he has that burden of defending his stupidity(imagine his pple being killed on daily basis by d fulani who used him). u corroborated my facts on d other issues I talked abt. comparing a man whose corpse visited at least 6 countries to a man who was carried to zungeru and other nigerian cities is laughable. d sultan will show him respect because he was a good fulani slave. he neva worked for d Igbos. most Igbo problems can b traced to d faulty foundation he laid. Achebe n Ojukwu attested to this fact. Ojukwu neva went to his burial. d only person with a bigger burial in Africa is Mandela wen compared to that of Ojukwu. as for national honours, it is simple. if Ojukwu was looking for d type of honour u re listing, he would have sold out his pple. instead, he sacrificed all. as for murtala, I'm happy. if God had punished all those that spilled innocent Igbo blood as swiftly as He did to murtala, nigeria would have been a much better place and Biafra would have been a long forgotten issue.

Chairman, in your submission, you are still lying.... Ojukwu's corpse was not taken to 6 countries. He died in London and was brought to Nigeria and buried in Nigeria. There were plans to take his corpse to all the Countries that recognized Biafra then but it did not happen. The google is your friend bros. Yes, i agree Ojukwu is idolized amongst the igbos, and a lot still idolize him till date and that is the major mistake they keep making. Ojukwu fought a fraudulent and self centered war for his personal gains and vendetta. He lost. Now Nigeria that forgave him and still buried him in Nigerian colors and full Military burial so peace will reign and now you are boasting as if Ojukwu is deserving of it.... My friend you can choose how to live your life and what impact you want to make on humanity and mankind, it is your choice. You can choose to live the life of Ojukwu who was merely forgiven and granted pardon for peace to reign or you can be the legendary Zik that just like JFK has the Airport of Nigeria's capital city named after him Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport... or that is on the N500 in your wallet as we speak. The problem with all these IPOB runaway Nnamdi kanu like Ibos is you keep lying to yourselves and are far away from reality. The nationalistic Zik warned Ojukwu, but he stubbornly refused. You can say what you like beleive what you like keep hating the Fulanis or the North, but these things are certain my friend. 1. 100 years from now, Zik will continue to be a larger than life figure in Nigerian History, continue to be a national hero and will forever remain on the currency of the country with the largest population of blacks and the giant of Africa as well as his name on the Country's capital city airport while Ojukwu will fizzle out in 100 years from now and will remain a traitor because he fought a war to divide Nigeria. 2. I am not igbo, but, me personally i am ashamed that others closer to you in faith and tribe and geography will rather go with Nigeria than with a Biafra... i am talking about the Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Edo, Delta, Cross-River etc.... you know it and i know it, although as always you will deny and lie about it, but honestly its a shame taht an Ijaw man will TRUST an HAUSA man over an IGBO man. 3. God gave victory to nigeria over Biafra, God gave victory to Buhari's APC over your corrupt GEJ, God almighty gives power to whoseover he wills, he gave it to GEJ from nowhere just like that, he gave it to Abdul-Salam, but your lies, defence of corruption, hate, finger pointing has blocked your eyes and when credible people like Zik, Okadigbo, Ukiwe, etc comes out, you people abuse and insult and call hausa fulani slave, but you always support Ojukwu, Nnamdi Kanu etc and these people worsen the Igbo power keeps eluding you. Keep the lies, insults, hate, boasts etc coming, God almighty is the determinant and he has always and will always decide RIGHT.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by T9ksy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
gidgiddy:

So in other words, the great Yoruba nation was held captive in their own land due to the amount of Nothern Soldiers in their land at the time but the same Yoruba man thinks that Ojukwu who fought so that his people would not be held captive is a coward?

Explain this one to me incase Im missing something. So Ojukwu is a coward for rising and fighting but ran away after 3 years...

But the Yoruba man is brave for being held captive and avoiding fighting those who held him captive in his own land?

Lol

Abeg swerve jo, I no get your time.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by dataking: 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
mgbadike81:
I can see the excellent manners your religion have taught you.

Yea. Drop dead,Liar.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by juman(m): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
Hiss

The senseless nigerian military side that could not build a sensible country.

Extremely greedy military of useless generation of people, nigeria became destroyed.

Shame on them.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Guestlander: 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
chinedu234:
Shame to this old masquerade that lacks wisdom. How convenient to talk after the demise of the great Ikemba who is still a ruling force and spirit in Igbo land. Unfortunately this speaking chameleon may not be in a position to influence even his immediate family. Judgment is already here for you Mr chameleon.

A ruling force who couldn't win an election to the senate? Is that how to reward the great Ikemba?
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

Now forgive my "perceived ignorance"...
Abeg, can u also answer those questions I asked him?
Thanks.

I did already as it pertains to what he is talking about. You need to have the agreement and then decide who reneged on their word. I cannot have a statement from Ojukwu or a book written by an Igbo man as evidence cos he can be biased. Where is Ojukwu's copy of the agreement?
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by juman(m): 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2017
After killed millions of biafra, those the same military generals started high level stealing of billions of dollar.

Today, nigeria can only be compared to war-torn countries.

The destroyed country, the people are dying of hunger.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by GoldNiagara(m): 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ojiofor:

The bolded said it all,The FG was not only unprepared but also very incompetent and was outsmarted by brilliant Oxford graduate in the person of Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu at Aburi.They came back from Ghana and reneged on the accord signed in Aburi and resorted to guns and bullets.
Gen.Gowon,God does not answer the prayer of the wicked and the reason why Nigeria is at this state of stagnancy.

He might be an Oxonian but definitely not brilliant. His actions reveals a man ruled by passion and not brain.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Ojiofor: 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
GoldNiagara:

He might be an Oxonian but definitely not brilliant. His actions reveals a man ruled by passion and not brain.

Your opinion though,so no wahala.no context.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by GoldNiagara(m): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
Ojiofor:

Your opinion though,so no wahala.no context.

But it resonate with cold bare facts about the Biafra runaway General.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by louwie(m): 11:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
Organs:

Chairman, in your submission, you are still lying.... Ojukwu's corpse was not taken to 6 countries. He died in London and was brought to Nigeria and buried in Nigeria. There were plans to take his corpse to all the Countries that recognized Biafra then but it did not happen. The google is your friend bros. Yes, i agree Ojukwu is idolized amongst the igbos, and a lot still idolize him till date and that is the major mistake they keep making. Ojukwu fought a fraudulent and self centered war for his personal gains and vendetta. He lost. Now Nigeria that forgave him and still buried him in Nigerian colors and full Military burial so peace will reign and now you are boasting as if Ojukwu is deserving of it.... My friend you can choose how to live your life and what impact you want to make on humanity and mankind, it is your choice. You can choose to live the life of Ojukwu who was merely forgiven and granted pardon for peace to reign or you can be the legendary Zik that just like JFK has the Airport of Nigeria's capital city named after him Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport... or that is on the N500 in your wallet as we speak. The problem with all these IPOB runaway Nnamdi kanu like Ibos is you keep lying to yourselves and are far away from reality. The nationalistic Zik warned Ojukwu, but he stubbornly refused. You can say what you like beleive what you like keep hating the Fulanis or the North, but these things are certain my friend. 1. 100 years from now, Zik will continue to be a larger than life figure in Nigerian History, continue to be a national hero and will forever remain on the currency of the country with the largest population of blacks and the giant of Africa as well as his name on the Country's capital city airport while Ojukwu will fizzle out in 100 years from now and will remain a traitor because he fought a war to divide Nigeria. 2. I am not igbo, but, me personally i am ashamed that others closer to you in faith and tribe and geography will rather go with Nigeria than with a Biafra... i am talking about the Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Edo, Delta, Cross-River etc.... you know it and i know it, although as always you will deny and lie about it, but honestly its a shame taht an Ijaw man will TRUST an HAUSA man over an IGBO man. 3. God gave victory to nigeria over Biafra, God gave victory to Buhari's APC over your corrupt GEJ, God almighty gives power to whoseover he wills, he gave it to GEJ from nowhere just like that, he gave it to Abdul-Salam, but your lies, defence of corruption, hate, finger pointing has blocked your eyes and when credible people like Zik, Okadigbo, Ukiwe, etc comes out, you people abuse and insult and call hausa fulani slave, but you always support Ojukwu, Nnamdi Kanu etc and these people worsen the Igbo power keeps eluding you. Keep the lies, insults, hate, boasts etc coming, God almighty is the determinant and he has always and will always decide RIGHT.

In a bid to be right, you have made some wrong submissions,

1. Ojukwu has a university named after him not quite sure where but i know i have heard of it sited in Anambara.

2. 100 years from now, Ojukwu will not fizzle, hate him all you want, sadly; won't change a thing. This is a truth you have to learn to live with

3. His people love him, you also can't change that, matter of fact, your tiny opinion is not sought for or regarded, I know them, They are like that.

4. Fourthly, You should cut the man some slack, He did what he thought was best for his people at the time after due consultation, I mean he was ready to dialogue, You accuse him of selfishness but what was discussed at Aburi was WAY FORWARD FOR NIGERIA AND NOT WAY FORWARD FOR BIAFRA

Dear friend, i know you must not like everyone but you hate this one a little too much. Take it easy and drink lots of water !
#louwie !

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by chipower: 11:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
Gowon should tell us the lies ojukwu told at least in details so that we can understand what he was talking about. He went unprepared. Maybe he left his brain at home before going to Ghana. That was exactly why he went against the agreement after he came back. Pathological liar. History is always very difficult to bend. That is exactly what gowon is trying so desperately to do. Ojukwu is late and all of a sudden gowon is calling him a liar.

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 1:04am On Oct 26, 2017
louwie:

In a bid to be right, you have made some wrong submissions,

1. Ojukwu has a university named after him not quite sure where but i know i have heard of it sited in Anambara.

2. 100 years from now, Ojukwu will not fizzle, hate him all you want, sadly; won't change a thing. This is a truth you have to learn to live with

3. His people love him, you also can't change that, matter of fact, your tiny opinion is not sought for or regarded, I know them, They are like that.

4. Fourthly, You should cut the man some slack, He did what he thought was best for his people at the time after due consultation, I mean he was ready to dialogue, You accuse him of selfishness but what was discussed at Aburi was WAY FORWARD FOR NIGERIA AND NOT WAY FORWARD FOR BIAFRA

Dear friend, i know you must not like everyone but you hate this one a little too much. Take it easy and drink lots of water !
#louwie !

My friend read my earlier comments, yes a university or Polytechnic i believe in Anambra is named after Ojukwu, that my friend is a State school. I am talking about national honour like University of Ife, a National Univ named after AWO. Ojukwu will fizzle out does not mean he will be forgotten but his name and influence will diminish because he was not a Nigerian national Hero. Case in point, those that fought the American civil war on the Confederates heros statues and emblems are being removed as we speak. I, for example as a northerner and many northerners will not agree for Ojukwus name to be on anything Nigeria, but for ZIK, everyone will agree on it based on history, this will carry on and on and on forever. Yes i agree Ojukwu is loved by his people but i am entitled to my opinion. Yes i will cut him some slack, he was a graduate and joined the army through the ranks until his graduate status was recognised, also, i agree that the Govt promise him that he is forgiven but they still will not trust him, that was wrong on the govt side and that is still a challenge and cause of concern for Ndigbo and Nigeria. Also, the any amount you have you cannot get more than 20 pounds was just totally wrong and Nigeria govt needs to compensate Igbos for that, i agree totally. Also, I wish Ojukwu had made a statement that he regreted Biafra and that he lay a curse on anyone that decides to go that route before he died, he wouldve been a hero then. Aburi is dem say dem say. At the end Nzeogwu murdered innocent people cos he thought they were stealing money. Ironsi did not punish him as he's supposed to, Igbos jubilated in Kaduna, Zaria etc to the slaughter of innocent Northerners, there were songs and taunting etc, they made it look like its not an igbo coup, yeah right, the North did the same and innocent people died, Ojukwu decided to go to war after ZIK, Ifeajuna etc all adviced him against it, he refused for his selfish gains of becoming presdient and the we are better than them ideology. God gave Nigeria victory and Biafra lost. Nigeria did not fulfil all its promises to Biafra and Biafra as well are still holding on to Biafra.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 26, 2017
chidiebere2020:
otu Nne gi there
Ogonogo Amu papa nke gi there.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 26, 2017
Organs:

My friend read my earlier comments, yes a university or Polytechnic i believe in Anambra is named after Ojukwu, that my friend is a State school. I am talking about national honour like University of Ife, a National Univ named after AWO. Ojukwu will fizzle out does not mean he will be forgotten but his name and influence will diminish because he was not a Nigerian national Hero. Case in point, those that fought the American civil war on the Confederates heros statues and emblems are being removed as we speak. I, for example as a northerner and many northerners will not agree for Ojukwus name to be on anything Nigeria, but for ZIK, everyone will agree on it based on history, this will carry on and on and on forever. Yes i agree Ojukwu is loved by his people but i am entitled to my opinion. Yes i will cut him some slack, he was a graduate and joined the army through the ranks until his graduate status was recognised, also, i agree that the Govt promise him that he is forgiven but they still will not trust him, that was wrong on the govt side and that is still a challenge and cause of concern for Ndigbo and Nigeria. Also, the any amount you have you cannot get more than 20 pounds was just totally wrong and Nigeria govt needs to compensate Igbos for that, i agree totally. Also, I wish Ojukwu had made a statement that he regreted Biafra and that he lay a curse on anyone that decides to go that route before he died, he wouldve been a hero then. Aburi is dem say dem say. At the end Nzeogwu murdered innocent people cos he thought they were stealing money. Ironsi did not punish him as he's supposed to, Igbos jubilated in Kaduna, Zaria etc to the slaughter of innocent Northerners, there were songs and taunting etc, they made it look like its not an igbo coup, yeah right, the North did the same and innocent people died, Ojukwu decided to go to war after ZIK, Ifeajuna etc all adviced him against it, he refused for his selfish gains of becoming presdient and the we are better than them ideology. God gave Nigeria victory and Biafra lost. Nigeria did not fulfil all its promises to Biafra and Biafra as well are still holding on to Biafra.
U are an idiot, u want to blame Nigeria for not fulfilling the promises made to igbos' all the promises u made to people around u' have u fulfilled them all? 'any person against nigeria unity must die premature" and your biafra u shall never gate. Igbo are monkey' nde nwuru anwu naga ije.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by thinkmoney(m): 5:47am On Oct 26, 2017
the fever Gowon contacted that delayed his much anticipated national address on the aburi accord is suspicious. Ojukwu too must have run out of patience by going to the radio station to address the issue after Gowon's hesitation.
one can imagine he could have polished his points on the aburi accord to suit his interpretation of things more.
and I think Gowon didn't have the mind to abide by the accord especially when he returned to the capital, and this might be because if pressures that he met when he returned. this must explain his 'sickness' and reluctance to address the nation.
my conclusion is that our leaders then didn't have enough honesty and patience and maybe coolheadedness and humility to avoid the war.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by louwie(m): 7:54am On Oct 26, 2017
Organs:

dear friend you have given a level headed and rather interesting response. This is rare on this forum. I will not forget your moniker.

Though i am tempted to further engage you especially on the nzeogwu led coup' i will resist it.

Do have a pleasant day ahead ! #louwie

2 Likes

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 10:44am On Oct 26, 2017
Organs:

I did already as it pertains to what he is talking about. You need to have the agreement and then decide who reneged on their word. I cannot have a statement from Ojukwu or a book written by an Igbo man as evidence cos he can be biased. Where is Ojukwu's copy of the agreement?

U can get a copy of the accord online.
Well i read the Achebe's book, but before that i read a book from FREDERICK FORSYTH a former BBC reporter; The Biafra Story.
If you won't believe the word of "an igbo man" because he could be sentimental, then i bet you would believe a British reporter who worked for the BBC and also as an MI6 spy during the war.
Look for that book my brother. The Biafran Story: The Making of an African Legend. At least he was was unbiased in his criticism.
But guy, ask yourself o, how would a head of state go for a meeting without preparation?
I'm not even saying he was going to face an Oxford graduate, no, but mehn, Gowon was the head of state going for a meeting that concerns the whole nation and he went "unprepared". I also read the interview of the perm sec (the benin man) and he was saying Ojukwu took them by surprise with his delegates and plans. I mean forget sentiment. Check this whole thing out.

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 3:05pm On Oct 26, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

U can get a copy of the accord online.
Well i read the Achebe's book, but before that i read a book from FREDERICK FORSYTH a former BBC reporter; The Biafra Story.
If you won't believe the word of "an igbo man" because he could be sentimental, then i bet you would believe a British reporter who worked for the BBC and also as an MI6 spy during the war.
Look for that book my brother. The Biafran Story: The Making of an African Legend. At least he was was unbiased in his criticism.
But guy, ask yourself o, how would a head of state go for a meeting without preparation?
I'm not even saying he was going to face an Oxford graduate, no, but mehn, Gowon was the head of state going for a meeting that concerns the whole nation and he went "unprepared". I also read the interview of the perm sec (the benin man) and he was saying Ojukwu took them by surprise with his delegates and plans. I mean forget sentiment. Check this whole thing out.

That is how our Nigerian leaders are my bros. Imagine GEJ wanted to go celebrate Nigerian Independence ceremony in London, how stupid can you be, or Buhari, that i like and support that is receiving treatment abroad. Also, Gowon went there to settle quarrel, have a discussion and not to sign agreements. Also, Ojukwu went there alone, Ojukwu had ulterior motives in mind. That is why they don't trust him. He was cunning. Ever dealt with an average Northerner?? An average Northerner is direct and straightforward, he wants to co-exist and lets live life. An average Easterner is competitive, he wants to compete and ensure he is not cheated. If for example I and you are in a room, and maybe an European comes in now and gives I a northerner and you an Easterner an envelope and we both open it and find money inside, i will be happy and start thinking about how to spend it. You on the other hand will quickly count yours and will now be engrossed on how much was in my envelope and if i got more than you. These are the different mentalities that we both have and carry with us in our routines and interactions.

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Organs:

That is how our Nigerian leaders are my bros. Imagine GEJ wanted to go celebrate Nigerian Independence ceremony in London, how stupid can you be, or Buhari, that i like and support that is receiving treatment abroad. Also, Gowon went there to settle quarrel, have a discussion and not to sign agreements. Also, Ojukwu went there alone, Ojukwu had ulterior motives in mind. That is why they don't trust him. He was cunning. Ever dealt with an average Northerner?? An average Northerner is direct and straightforward, he wants to co-exist and lets live life. An average Easterner is competitive, he wants to compete and ensure he is not cheated. If for example I and you are in a room, and maybe an European comes in now and gives I a northerner and you an Easterner an envelope and we both open it and find money inside, i will be happy and start thinking about how to spend it. You on the other hand will quickly count yours and will now be engrossed on how much was in my envelope and if i got more than you. These are the different mentalities that we both have and carry with us in our routines and interactions.

I think you should just stop at your first point. The ineptitude. The rest? Not a valid excuse. He was going to discuss peace and how to move everyone ahead, from the north down south, and he went unprepared. And my brother, Discussions normally ends in agreement or disagreement. Discussions are bringing our ideas together. So are you and him (Gowon) saying he went to discuss the Present and Foundation for the future of a young nation without plans; unprepared?
See my brother, it's just the ineptitude of these men.
He even said that "days" later was when he heard of Ojukwu's speech through an aide because he was ill. Ill? Nawa o
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
FreeTraining:

U are an idiot, u want to blame Nigeria for not fulfilling the promises made to igbos' all the promises u made to people around u' have u fulfilled them all? 'any person against nigeria unity must die premature" and your biafra u shall never gate. Igbo are monkey' nde nwuru anwu naga ije.

Chairman, you call me an idiot for all you care. Let me ask you, why are so many Igbos still holding on to Biafra, why do they feel disenfranchised? How can we have PEACE with all the sentiments? You dont know right. Ok, Nigeria Govt promised Ojukwu that they will not hold the war against him and that he can come back peacefully and all for peace to reign, he believed them and gave Nigeria a chance but they still did not trust him and that cascaeded down to Ndigbo, you hear statements like do not make an Igbo man your chief of Army staff etc, that my Friend is WRONG. Igbos are part of Nigeria and an Igbo man can be anything in Nigeria as long as he is a Nigerian. Also, after the war, Millionaires with Biafra currency become poor from the stupid policy of conversion, that is big cheating on the part of Nigeria, how can you say 1Million Biafran money can only convert to 20 Nigerian money? That was wrong and if we don't address it, and compensate Ndigbo, we all will not have peace. Conclusively, bros weather you accept it or not, like it or not, if Nigeria does not address the issues raised by Ndigbo, we all, Nigeria, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, all will not have peace. So we better address it now.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Organs(m): 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
Chinexd22nd:

I think you should just stop at your first point. The ineptitude. The rest? Not a valid excuse. He was going to discuss peace and how to move everyone ahead, from the north down south, and he went unprepared. And my brother, Discussions normally ends in agreement or disagreement. Discussions are bringing our ideas together. So are you and him (Gowon) saying he went to discuss the Present and Foundation for the future of a young nation without plans; unprepared?
See my brother, it's just the ineptitude of these men.
He even said that "days" later was when he heard of Ojukwu's speech through an aide because he was ill. Ill? Nawa o

Well, Ojukwu had the finese and structure of an Oxford graduate. Gowon is a Nigerian soldier. In a game of wits, Ojukwu will defeat him hands down. Yes, i agree Ojukwu is smarter than Gowon wit for wit, but in leadership you need more than that. Gowon is a Nigerian to the core, hence he is more of a Nigerian leader than Ojukwu. IBB is very smart but he is very very corrupt and the reason why we are were we are today. So would Ojukwu had made a good Nigerian President? I doubt it, Why, because, i might be wrong, i think he was tribalistic (like Ahmadu Bello in the North) and i think he was egocentric as well.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
Organs:

Chairman, you call me an idiot for all you care. Let me ask you, why are so many Igbos still holding on to Biafra, why do they feel disenfranchised? How can we have PEACE with all the sentiments? You dont know right. Ok, Nigeria Govt promised Ojukwu that they will not hold the war against him and that he can come back peacefully and all for peace to reign, he believed them and gave Nigeria a chance but they still did not trust him and that cascaeded down to Ndigbo, you hear statements like do not make an Igbo man your chief of Army staff etc, that my Friend is WRONG. Igbos are part of Nigeria and an Igbo man can be anything in Nigeria as long as he is a Nigerian. Also, after the war, Millionaires with Biafra currency become poor from the stupid policy of conversion, that is big cheating on the part of Nigeria, how can you say 1Million Biafran money can only convert to 20 Nigerian money? That was wrong and if we don't address it, and compensate Ndigbo, we all will not have peace. Conclusively, bros weather you accept it or not, like it or not, if Nigeria does not address the issues raised by Ndigbo, we all, Nigeria, Hausa, Yoruba, Ibo, all will not have peace. So we better address it now.
Even if our families most time we don't have peace, igbos deserves what ever that comes their way,, why would they go to war at the first place,,,when they know they dont have enough weapon to fight the federal might' the day Nigeria was created till today igbo are the only tribe calling for break up,,every day maginalization' are they only tribe in Nigeria? if I were Gowon i will give them 5 naira to start up life',the 20 naira given to them was too big' dialogue is the best way to resolve any disagreement' trouble runs in our blood, we igbos like trouble, that is the simple truth
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Igboid: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
Organs:

Ojukwu had transcended the realm of immortality in the uncorrupted Igbo hearts, he will fizzle out only in your dreams.

American war is justified, seeing as America is a great first world nation today, and there was no post war efforts made by the North to strangulate the Confederate, who had gone on to produce many American presidents, there after.
It's easier for confederate states to give up on future secession because of those two factors.
In case of Nigeria, there is no justification for Nigeria unity.
Nigeria is a failed Third World country, and many post war policy aimed at strangulation of Igboland was made by the victors.
The combination of these two factors would ensure that Ojukwu and Biafra will live till eternity in Igbo minds until his dreams is brought into reality.

Ojukwu made no such curse. Ojukwu was there during Uwazuruike Biafra agitation with MASSOB and never condemned Uwazuruike.

Nzeogwu, together with people like Adegbomeya plotted a coup.
Never mind that Nzeogwu was from a part of Igboland (Anioma) that many people tell us today are no longer part of Igboland.

The entire Nigeria, not just Ndiigbo rejoiced when the news of Nzeogwu coup broke out.
No such taunting song was made by Ndiigbo. "Ewu na ebe Akwa " crooner was not even Igbo, and the song had nothing to do with dead Northern rulers.

Ojukwu decided to go for peace.
Once he negotiated for peace with Northerner leaders and resent Igbos that returned from the North to Igboland, back to the North, assuring them of their safety. But they were all massacred again by Northerners with tacit support of their rulers.
Then he went to Aburi to negotiate for peace again, but Gowon on advise of Nigerian senior civil servants , reneged on all agreements reached at Aburi, and instead issued out a decree.

Ojukwu declared Biafra, and not war on Nigeria. It was Gowon and Nigeria that brought war to Biafra at Northern Cross River border called Gakem.

Biafra will live on. The ideology will be passed from father to son, and the strategies towards achieving it will continuously be modified until we get it right.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
Organs:

Well, Ojukwu had the finese and structure of an Oxford graduate. Gowon is a Nigerian soldier. In a game of wits, Ojukwu will defeat him hands down. Yes, i agree Ojukwu is smarter than Gowon wit for wit, but in leadership you need more than that. Gowon is a Nigerian to the core, hence he is more of a Nigerian leader than Ojukwu. IBB is very smart but he is very very corrupt and the reason why we are were we are today. So would Ojukwu had made a good Nigerian President? I doubt it, Why, because, i might be wrong, i think he was tribalistic (like Ahmadu Bello in the North) and i think he was egocentric as well.
Bros, you are dragging me into another square; leadership. No. My own is why was Gowon not prepared for a meeting that would go on to play a role in building the foundation of the country. About being a better or not, you said tribalism. Lol. At the end of the day, we all are tribalistic, so leave that one. Ojukwu, egocentric? Show me a leader who isn't.
Thing is, with this statement from Gowon, I just realized how stupid - yes, stupid - he is. Knowing the state of the country, is he trying to promote peace or open wounds that are not totally healed. And to think as an old man he would have sense.
Me sha I'm tired of seeing so much hatred on NL, and I ask na with this kain hatred we wan lead? No wonder this old men still dey use us play okoso. 2019 come now na Atiku, Buhari or any criminal go come out. We as youths no go reason future. Mtch
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Igboid: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
FreeTraining:

Even if our families most time we don't have peace, igbos deserves what ever that comes their way,, why would they go to war at the first place,,,when they know they dont have enough weapon to fight the federal might' the day Nigeria was created till today igbo are the only tribe calling for break up,,every day maginalization' are they only tribe in Nigeria? if I were Gowon i will give them 5 naira to start up life',the 20 naira given to them was too big' dialogue is the best way to resolve any disagreement' trouble runs in our blood, we igbos like trouble, that is the simple truth

"We Igbos "?

Lol! One minute you are referring to Igbos as any one else would refer to a group they are not part of, hoping out of your wicked heart that the worst fall on Igbos, and then the next, you are claiming to be Igbo grin

Igbos are not interested in breaking your third world failed country, we just don't want to be part of it.

The rest of you all, all loving and obedient groups can do better without the troublesome, drug pushing, chest beating, parasitic Igbos. One would think that you lots would jump at the chance of getting rid of such troublesome group that had refused to yield to your herd mentality.
But apparently, that's not the case. Instead, every mention of Igbo Seccesion awakens the beast in all of you.
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Chinexd22nd(m): 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
Organs:

Bros you too get sense, leave dis one, na lost sheep, neither Biafran nor Nigerian.
You are quite constructive and kinda fair.
Nice one. Keep the intelligent mind.

1 Like

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
Igboid:

"We Igbos "?

Lol! One minute you are referring to Igbos as any one else would refer to a group they are not part of, hoping out of your wicked heart that the worst fall on Igbos, and then the next, you are claiming to be Igbo grin

Igbos are not interested in breaking your third world failed country, we just don't want to be part of it.

The rest of you all, all loving and obedient groups can do better without the troublesome, drug pushing, chest beating, parasitic Igbos. One would think that you lots would jump at the chance of getting rid of such troublesome group that had refused to yield to your herd mentality.
But apparently, that's not the case. Instead, every mention of Igbo Seccesion awakens the beast in all of you.

U have now understood that igbo are confused,,,they don't even know what they want'""am sorry they will remain slaves for a long time' because they believed they are slaves from the bigining and slaves they shall remain,, u can not help it
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Igboid: 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
FreeTraining:

U have now understood that igbo are confused,,,they don't even know what they want'""am sorry they will remain slaves for a long time' because they believed they are slaves from the bigining and slaves they shall remain,, u can not help it

Incoherent rambling of an unstable mind.

Next!
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by Bbklopsy: 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Experienced liar.why didn't he say this rubbish when d man was alive
Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by PenSniper: 7:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
nairavsdollars:
The same way he lied to Bianca that he will rule Nigeria someday...now the poor lady is a widow giving the stuff to rabid dogs like FFK

Ojukwu inherited FFK's leftover. Don't try to rewrite history, liarm FFK enjoyed Bianca's youthful sweetness leaving the tokunbo for Ojukwu to marry.

2 Likes

Re: "Ojukwu's Lies Sparked Civil War In Nigeria" - Yakubu Gowon by dotun365: 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
tishbite41:
he was buried with national honours
good for him. I can only imagine how awkward it'll be when he gets to the great beyond and meets fellow Nigerians and Biafrans he led to the slaughter or whose death he caused with his terrible decision to fight 'marginalization' with violence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu Airport : President Buhari Deserves Commendations By All Nigerians - Kalu / Matawalle: Protests Against Buhari’s Medical Vacation Is An Attack On The North / Jibrin: Dogara Diverted FG Project To His Farm In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.