Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News (39185 Views)

What Is With All These Naija Girls And Tattoos All Of A Sudden? / 2 Lawyers Do The “oya Hit Me” Trademark Pose In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Cute Couple Do The “Oya Hit Me” Trademark Pose In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
[b][/b]
Philosophia:
Hello Romancelanders,

Please help me! I have a very serious issue on my hands. I opened this account because of this, for advice from you. It's actually a long story, but I will try to keep it short.

I have been in a relationship with my gf for 3yrs+ now. We had both not been ready for marriage at the time. She said she had things that she wanted to achieve so she would give herself 5yrs. I felt the same way too but I was looking at my age to settle down as 29 or 30. She was almost 21 at the time, I was 24 at the time.

When I met her she was a shaken, frightened, stubborn and love-starved young lady. Her parents were trying to force into marriage with a "family friend's" son whom she did not like plus she was not ready to settle down at the time. Her father is a retired military man and would use extreme measures like locking her up in a room for days. Anyways, I supported her in everyway I could at the time even at a time meeting the so-called "family friend's" son. I did not intend to get into a relationship at the time but certain things happened and I began to fall in love with her plus she needed love and care so badly. She is a very smart, motivated and beautiful young lady.

We got into a relationship and with time, the pressure as regards marrying the guy died or so I thought. From then till now, we have both been striving hard to make things get better. She was trying to run a business while I was working at a small magazine company. Unfortunately I admit, even though I was not earning much at the magazine, I was careless with my finances. I would spend on her, us and on a couple of mundane things but the bulk was on her and us.

Well, the financial crunch hit and I lost my job being owed several months in back-salary. I had very little savings. Things were not going too well with her in her business either. And so what little savings I had plus borrowed money from my parents joined with her own funds(including borrowed money), we started a business. We have been almost a year into the business now. Things are so dull. She hardly comes to the office anymore. I manage to go with little funds raised from teaching at minor places plus my parents support. We have been trying a "new" field though which seems a bit positive.

You have the back story now. Here is the problem.

Of recent, her body language and speech + whatsapp chat seemed to be dodgy, non-committal and atimes even coated with disdain. I knew something was wrong. I had wanted to talk to her and she said she wanted to discuss something with me as well, but she had basically refused to show-up when I call her out. Well, I was not so much a fan of going to her house because of chances of meeting her mum plus her several siblings But I braved it and showed up at her house on Sunday. I asked her what the matter was.

She told me of how her family was pressuring her and almost everyone she met was telling her to try and settle down. She said how she knows that I am not ready to settle down anytime soon. She said she had been praying about it and she has received an answer that she should settle down and that she do so before this time next year. She wants to get married before her birthday. People, she said several things and I said several things and I walked out angrily and dazed but I just gave the highlight of the issue. I could not wrap my head properly around it for a while but later I calmed down and I asked her a few questions.

It seems her mind is made up on marriage. She says she would prefer if it was me because she loves me, but if not, it is the will of God. She said some other things. I am just dazed and I don't know how to take it or how to act or what to do.

My life is not where I want it to be. I don't have the resources to turn things around right now. I am in a quagmire. Please Help!
[b]I initially didn't want to type anything but just read comments, but on a second thought I reconsidered you might need an extra advice. My father used to tell me every time I go home, he always sits me down and advised me on how to be happily married. He will say, if you like drinking, marry a girl who loves to drink too or doesn't have a problem seeing you drinking. If you love sex, marry a lady who loves it as much as you do. From my little experience in life, it's very rear to find a girl who is very compatible with your likes and believe these days. I ones lost a girl i love so much to another man who wanted to marry her, It took me about 6 years to find another girl I love and respect and is compatible with my personality. I'm not very financially stable yet, but I can take care of her needs and mine and assist her financially in her studies. We are getting married next year June, I've already introduced her to my family and her family has met mine. My dad is currently treating her dad for an illness (He is a doctor). And you might think I currently have over a million bucks in my account but you are wrong. I don't, but I earn a decent sum from my business to take care of a family of 3 in Lagos and have some savings. The problem with you is you, you think you are not ready and hence you cry and blame yourself and her. This is not the time for blame games if you know you love her and really need her then go get her. Double your hustle, restructure your business, if it's not lucrative shut it down and look for another or search for a job bro. All she needs now is a sense of security and assurance from you. Someone else is already doing that and I hope it's not too late. She doesn't need you spending on her, she wants to see you succeed and that will give her hope so she will wait for you. This is Nigeria, not Europe where no one cares about your marital status, the pressure is just too much on them. I hope my comment here helps you in making your final decisions, good luck bro.[/b]

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by 9japrof(m): 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:
Hey guys. Thanks a lot.

I don't want to seem like a stupid person or what not. But I am in a confusion like I have never been in.

I slept on this issue. And my mind was troubled through out the night. I find it hard to really believe or accept that she would be seeing another guy right now. The reason is that she has been in several situations where guys would try to hit on her and start up something but she'd shut them down and tell me about it and we would laugh over it.

I remember that atimes I would read stories off nairaland about relationship troubles to her and we would discuss it. She would always give sound and very mature advice. And I would thank my stars for having met such a wise and conscientious girl.

I am thinking, is it possible she just wants to wake me from my seeming "slumber" to take life more seriously and make things happen faster generally? Or Does she expect me to get my act together ASAP and step to the plate to fulfill her desire?

She's the type that would think up an idea this minute and 3 mins later, she's doing it while I would take a bit more time to think the idea through. She has gotten me to take decisions faster in past by pulling up some stunt. Some of the decisions were ok while some others, I still regret till date.

I don't want to be in a haste. I want to follow her as smartly as possible so I don't loose out unnecessarily. Sometimes I fear she is smarter than me in "things of the world". She obviously has more experience, as this is her third relationship and my first.

What do you think?

MrHistorian
Wristbangle
PrimadonnaO
People with experience

Abeg make una free this nigga oooo, all the advice wey una dey pour for this guy dey like water dem dey pour stone.

At least from the above statement, una go see say this girl don use pussy wire this guy's medula oblongata commot.

This nigga never see anything

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Philosophia: 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2017
I have heard you all. What a community!

Indeed, I need to take my life and destiny in my own hands and rediscover myself. It's a lesson well learnt and harshly taught, but I guess I have graduated from that class of experience.

Time to reassess myself and future and set new goals. I leave it all in the hands of God.

Thanks a lot people. May God bless you all abundantly and help you to make wise decisions about your lives. Amen!

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Bjrokenhear003: 6:37am On Oct 27, 2017
i am going through that same fate but mine is different

i have over 3 million cash in bank, i am worth over 80 million with inherited properties from my late dad and investment in real estate i love this girl, she knows all my investment, i believed her till today she broke up with me because she said she cant be in a unstable emotionally relationship..."when she asked for finance somewhere and she knew my money tied into a an investment at that period, so couldnt give her, she said she would ask somewhere else, FUNNY ITS JUST 2K ITEM, i kept shut and never said anything to avoid issues, she then told me they were able to help her, i called her and she's its just my bad mind that didnt allow the ITEM to be transfered, i expalined to her, she broke up, already saw the signs that when i ping, she no reply me, she read chat and even though not call me and i have done lots more for her just because i was low at that period.

i wanted her to feel pain and called her my friend and said she should come pack her things, how will somebody i risk for be treating me so foolishly because of i love, she told me of her tenant hitting on her and i saw the way he looks at her earlier.

its not been easy just less than 24 hours i have cried my eyes out, just within a month i dont have much finance, a month investment, which she knows about she called it quit she needed a stable relationship.

i feel pained as i type this because somebody u feel u can go through lots to please her, planning to risk it all despite she older than me, yet she not feel the same about u & last week she promised me of her undying love for me and how i made her feel that she cant trade me for anything in this life, i wondered how my life is being fooled and cant sleep since 4am

here am i, taking solace to alchohol thats how some men would turn to a devil and girls be saying YORUBA DEMON, its people who bring out that demon wicked part in somebody life.

i feel like dying but knowing well i am the only son child of my mother i must pass through this phase and buy what makes me happy

i will buy my iphone 8 and my honda crosstour to be driving at least to make sure the car is my new babe during december

money isnt all... finding someone who is patient and can accommodate u is the KOKO, my lesson to u is not all about money sometimes u might have more than enough but she might feel she has lots of security and finance with another..

LOVE IS JUST A DECEIT..i can never go back to her with the way i feel

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Philosophia: 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
Bjrokenhear003:
i am going through that same fate but mine is different

i have over 3 million cash in bank, i am worth over 80 million with inherited properties from my late dad and investment in real estate i love this girl, she knows all my investment, i believed her till today she broke up with me because she said she cant be in a unstable emotionally relationship..."when she asked for finance somewhere and she knew my money tied into a an investment at that period, so couldnt give her, she said she would ask somewhere else, FUNNY ITS JUST 2K ITEM, i kept shut and never said anything to avoid issues, she then told me they were able to help her, i called her and she's its just my bad mind that didnt allow the ITEM to be transfered, i expalined to her, she broke up, already saw the signs that when i ping, she no reply me, she read chat and even though not call me and i have done lots more for her just because i was low at that period.

i wanted her to feel pain and called her my friend and said she should come pack her things, how will somebody i risk for be treating me so foolishly because of i love, she told me of her tenant hitting on her and i saw the way he looks at her earlier.

its not been easy just less than 24 hours i have cried my eyes out, just within a month i dont have much finance, a month investment, which she knows about she called it quit she needed a stable relationship.

i feel pained as i type this because somebody u feel u can go through lots to please her, planning to risk it all despite she older than me, yet she not feel the same about u & last week she promised me of her undying love for me and how i made her feel that she cant trade me for anything in this life, i wondered how my life is being fooled and cant sleep since 4am

here am i, taking solace to alchohol thats how some men would turn to a devil and girls be saying YORUBA DEMON, its people who bring out that demon wicked part in somebody life.

i feel like dying but knowing well i am the only son child of my mother i must pass through this phase and buy what makes me happy

i will buy my iphone 8 and my honda crosstour to be driving at least to make sure the car is my new babe during december

money isnt all... finding someone who is patient and can accommodate u is the KOKO, my lesson to u is not all about money sometimes u might have more than enough but she might feel she has lots of security and finance with another..

LOVE IS JUST A DECEIT..i can never go back to her with the way i feel

My brother, it is clear to me now that a lot of Nigerian females(young ladies) are seemingly misguided in their thinking or they have a convoluted thought process and tend to confuse themselves.

Note: I said "a lot" not "most" and not "all".

A lot do not seem to know what they want or have a plan for their lives. Seemingly prone to whims and caprices because they have yet to discover who they are, what they stand for, their scale of priority and a high sense of objective reasoning.

I thank the Nairaland community for continually dishing out to me hard truth and facts some of which I already knew. I guess I was caught-up in the web of conformist heterosexual dynamics which stole my heart and mind and numbed my faculty for objectivity.

I do not want to seem like a pro-advicer or guru. Afterall, I was only "saved" a breath ago. However, I do have some advice to dish out I guess to both of us(you and I).

My brother, if indeed you are ready to settle down, then I suggest you follow the following.....I was typing and I saw that it was too long so I decided to make it into a thread instead. Here: https://www.nairaland.com/4141745/some-steps-get-right-woman

Don't waste too much time feeling sorry for yourself. I went through my grieving process as fast as possible to still allow me some of that "energy" to turn my life around. You should do same.

UPDATE ON MY SITUATION:

I went through a process of rediscovering myself and giving myself a purpose again or picking up from where I was mentally etc. before the whole "episode" and I discovered that I really veered widely ofcourse.

So I held a meeting with her yesterday and I officially informed her that I would be pulling out from one of the businesses(the one that's doing very poorly, that will make us see eachother often, that was a sentimental mis-step) at the end of the year when the rent we jointly contributed(I paid more) expires.

When we were discussing on our relationship, she said she was only asking God for direction because indeed her wish is to get married, that there was nothing to her telling me about it. She just respected me that was why she told me..bla bla bla. She then started on how it was unprofessional to bring personal or emotional things to business. That she would still want me to be part of the business because...bla bla bla and bla. I told her my mind was made up and I thought it was a good decision.

She left the office very "cold". I felt just a little sorry for her because it is a huge financial burden. I had paid most of the rent the last time. I she will weather it because she is strong too. She's been through some sh¥t in her short life.

I do not hate her but I am a new man now, with a new motto.

I say to myself: Selah, verum est te ipsum ad finem.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by lokoventurex1(m): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
There are two ways to this issue or more.... Firstly, I will use my immediate younger sister as an hypothetical example. My younger sister has been in a relationship with a guy for some years now(5years or so). The guy is even older than me. My younger sister is now 27years. This guy has not made any move for introduction between the two families. The guy is also a broke nigga(sorry to use that language). Mumsy is seriously not happy about the way the guy is taking the relationship. The funny part is that my sister loves this guy. This guy practically does nothing in my sister's life. Although, I dunno if the guy is loyal to her my sister in terms of sincerity.

My point is that we had a conclusion at mum's shop today that this guy is just wasting our daughter's time. My sister doesn't see his fault, but she's not enjoying the finances a lady should be getting from her guy.

If my later succumb to our pleas to leave this guy and date to marry another more serious guy, somebody will come on nairaland to say a lady dumped him.

It is high time we started to know when a lady leaves a guy for another man, she might have a best reason(s) for taking such a decision. A lady has done that to me in the past. Aldo, she wasnt going to marry anyone then. It was painful because I truly loved her, but I had to let go...

Marriage is a lifetime thing. It requires a thorough decision. We should respect other people's decision Biko!

If that lady wants to settle down, abeg guy, just let her go, perhaps, she's not meant for you. You would definitely get ur specs. I stand to be corrected though....
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by lokoventurex1(m): 7:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
There are two ways to this issue or more.... Firstly, I will use my immediate younger sister as an hypothetical example. My younger sister has been in a relationship with a guy for some years now(5years or so). The guy is even older than me. My younger sister is now 27years. This guy has not made any move for introduction between the two families. The guy is also a broke nigga(sorry to use that language). Mumsy is seriously not happy about the way the guy is taking the relationship. The funny part is that my sister loves this guy. This guy practically does nothing in my sister's life. Although, I dunno if the guy is loyal to her my sister in terms of sincerity.

My point is that we had a conclusion at mum's shop today that this guy is just wasting our daughter's time. My sister doesn't see his fault, but she's not enjoying the finances a lady should be getting from her guy.

If my sister later succumb to our pleas to leave this guy, and date to marry another more serious guy, somebody will come on nairaland to say a lady dumped him.

It is high time we started to know when a lady leaves a guy for another man, she might have a reason(s) for taking such a decision. A lady has done that to me in the past. Aldo, she wasnt going to marry anyone then. It was painful because I truly loved her, but I had to let go...

Marriage is a lifetime thing. It requires a thorough decision. We should respect other people's decision Biko!

If that lady wants to settle down, abeg guy, just let her go, perhaps, she's not meant for you. You would definitely get ur specs. I stand to be corrected though....
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Luckygurl(f): 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
@ philosophia

That's the way to go man.
You did the right thing, trust me on that.

And about her response on you trying to bring in emotions and all into business.
Pay no heed to that, that's some minor form of blackmail.
We are humans and no matter how perfect we think we are, there's always this selfish part of us that'll come into play often times.
That's the part of her been displayed.
She suggested you guys moving on and still want every other part of your lives to be intact. It could be easy for her cos she was the one that called the shots but then she literally forgot you've got feelings that were hurt in the process.
Running the business as usual means you both will be seeing yourselves often and you'll always be reminded of how she was meant to be yours, you'll be forced to brood over and over again and you can hardly move on without her popping in to the picture.

I'm not trying to paint her as a bad person, she's not at all. Infact! Indirectly you should be grateful to her cos somehow she spurred you up into reality. She gave you that external push you needed to set your priorities right. All what I'm saying is, if she made a critical decision as this, she should be able to live up to the consequences of that decision, positive or negative.

Not all relationships lead to marriage. Hopefully in the future, you both will look back and can't help but be glad things turned out this way.
The future is bright for the both of you.

And please!! Take your health serious.
You're still too young to start having hbp.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by walex25(m): 9:23pm On Oct 27, 2017
Philosophia:
Hello Romancelanders,

Please help me! I have a very serious issue on my hands. I opened this account because of this, for advice from you. It's actually a long story, but I will try to keep it short.

I have been in a relationship with my gf for 3yrs+ now. We had both not been ready for marriage at the time. She said she had things that she wanted to achieve so she would give herself 5yrs. I felt the same way too but I was looking at my age to settle down as 29 or 30. She was almost 21 at the time, I was 24 at the time.

When I met her she was a shaken, frightened, stubborn and love-starved young lady. Her parents were trying to force into marriage with a "family friend's" son whom she did not like plus she was not ready to settle down at the time. Her father is a retired military man and would use extreme measures like locking her up in a room for days. Anyways, I supported her in everyway I could at the time even at a time meeting the so-called "family friend's" son. I did not intend to get into a relationship at the time but certain things happened and I began to fall in love with her plus she needed love and care so badly. She is a very smart, motivated and beautiful young lady.

We got into a relationship and with time, the pressure as regards marrying the guy died or so I thought. From then till now, we have both been striving hard to make things get better. She was trying to run a business while I was working at a small magazine company. Unfortunately I admit, even though I was not earning much at the magazine, I was careless with my finances. I would spend on her, us and on a couple of mundane things but the bulk was on her and us.

Well, the financial crunch hit and I lost my job being owed several months in back-salary. I had very little savings. Things were not going too well with her in her business either. And so what little savings I had plus borrowed money from my parents joined with her own funds(including borrowed money), we started a business. We have been almost a year into the business now. Things are so dull. She hardly comes to the office anymore. I manage to go with little funds raised from teaching at minor places plus my parents support. We have been trying a "new" field though which seems a bit positive.

You have the back story now. Here is the problem.

Of recent, her body language and speech + whatsapp chat seemed to be dodgy, non-committal and atimes even coated with disdain. I knew something was wrong. I had wanted to talk to her and she said she wanted to discuss something with me as well, but she had basically refused to show-up when I call her out. Well, I was not so much a fan of going to her house because of chances of meeting her mum plus her several siblings But I braved it and showed up at her house on Sunday. I asked her what the matter was.

She told me of how her family was pressuring her and almost everyone she met was telling her to try and settle down. She said how she knows that I am not ready to settle down anytime soon. She said she had been praying about it and she has received an answer that she should settle down and that she do so before this time next year. She wants to get married before her birthday. People, she said several things and I said several things and I walked out angrily and dazed but I just gave the highlight of the issue. I could not wrap my head properly around it for a while but later I calmed down and I asked her a few questions.

It seems her mind is made up on marriage. She says she would prefer if it was me because she loves me, but if not, it is the will of God. She said some other things. I am just dazed and I don't know how to take it or how to act or what to do.

My life is not where I want it to be. I don't have the resources to turn things around right now. I am in a quagmire. Please Help!
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by boomssey(f): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
As a woman i really do feel for you and just know exactly what you are going through but one thing is very certain,what's meant for will always be yours no matter what.don't fight it dear just let it go.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2017
Philosophia:
[img][/img]

What you guys are saying is the hardest thing for me to do right now. It is hard to even contemplate. My hands are even shaking as I type this.

welcome to manhood brother. believe me it will make you stronger. love is an emotion that can't be trusted. The world is what it is and you are what you are.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2017
Philosophia:
So many things have crossed my mind. Is she seeing someone? But she assures me that she's not seeing anyone. Is she just looking for a fresh start? What did I do terribly wrong?

I am so confused. I called her, maybe to get direction or to hear something else. I'm not sure. She is advising me to fast and pray about it to get direction on what to do. She said she has prayed and fasted and she was told to prepare her mind for marriage.

I do not want to loose her but I don't know how I am supposed to do that. What is that supposed to achieve for me?

I am so lost.
my brother if you ever get to the point where you are scared of losing the girl in your life know she isn't the one for you
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by moorevic(m): 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
Go in when ready. Marriage can't be rushed else its gonna a load of sorrow and pain "you might win the ordeal" but at first it won't be easy.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Kofspice: 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
wink
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by smathias424: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
You peoples English and penmanship is fucking horrible

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is Anything Wrong In Marrying A Girl Your Know A Friend Has Slept With? / Pregnant For Sugar-daddy And Engaged To My Fiance / #HarmattanPickUpLines:Funny Pick Up Lines Guys Are Using For Ladies On Harmattan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.