Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346840 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
elfmann:
But OP, mak I ask u one question : women no dey Caribbean? Nigerian women no happy here.
Cc MsNgo40. Hahahaha at no marry because of immigration.

Bro, Women full Caribbean. i no fit lie, i enjoyed my time. From the beautiful Barbadian lady that help me out in 2013 to my Trinidadian girl wey dey always text at odd times to Jamaicans that always wants African clothes and tell them African stories, to the Guyanese wey no dey hang out at all!!!. i loved every bit of it. But when i get opportunity come yankee and i saw the difference I was like "See Morocco, see Spain"

Like i said, if i have the opportunity in the future, i'll move to the caribbean to retire.

Caribbean is a better life than naija. If you get family problem and you dey find where to hide, move to the Caribbean. Nobody go even know say you commot.. I never actually plan to move from the Caribbean that fast. i was waiting to file my Citizenship and become a citizen of a Caricom country before another migration. However,plans changed.

Like i said earlier, I didn't make much in the caribbean. I was making around 170-210$ per week working 8am-6pm, Mondays to Fridays even though it was a really easy job and better than the 30Knaira i made before going for service in Nigeria. I still had savings, i was able to do a lot of things with that little money and still attend Fete (fete is like a party) most Friday night. Mind you, that was me working as a student intern. I will earn more than that if i was a regular worker and salary based.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
One thing i seem to regret is Not leaving Nigeria soon enough. I could have done so much. When i left, it was like things started happening so fast. like heaven opened or something.

With the little i earn in Naija, Dem go still owe me salary. 2 month sometimes 3 months. And our oga dey buy new car.. chai!!!.

How you go employ person then forget say you suppose pay for their input?
Through out my time working in the caribbean, dem no owe me one kobo. My last payment came in when i already left 2 months earlier. Imagine, dem no see me for 2 months, dem still pay my money enter my account for the last weeks i worked

I'm still thankful for the naija experience. it is a big motivation for me. I never see that situation wey go make me just give up. E dey even hard me to quit my job. Right now, i work 3 jobs. it is hard. i want to quit. but every time i remember that suffer for naija to quit dey hard me grin grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
Baba take ham easy ooooooo
NB you need to edit this one make LadyK no come see em em em
BlowJobs:

Bro, Women full Caribbean. i no fit lie, i enjoyed my time. From the beautiful Barbadian lady that help me out in 2013 to my Trinidadian girl
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by martcrown: 9:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
What an interesting thread... May God continue to bless your hustle bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2017
So, yesterday was indoor soccer. it is gettting really cold now. Last night was -6degrees.

The indoor soccer was 21$ to play and was for 2 hours. The whole squad show up. I have never seen a lot of them before. Another black guy this time. He is from Ghana. Some guys from Brazil (men, dem dey play o, dem sabi run), one asian looking guy, one german looking guy, another arab guy from North Africa, one white guy wey dey run sideways grin grin. others are normal American. It was fun. The diversity makes the whole thing seems really cool.

pictures from before the match. way before people arrived

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:52pm On Nov 11, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
The Indoor sport complex has EVERYTHING (i no see anything wey no dey there, maybe swimming pool cos i no see that one)

All kinds of sports. They have like 4 soccer field. Dem even get gaming machines for there.

But i no take plenty picture cos sometimes i no wan dey act like JJC. na only me go come take phone out dey take Picture?

PS: yours truly scored 3 goals grin but i no sabi chase ball, one of the Brazilian dey vex for me say na me dey spoil game. Shu!!, on top my 21$. I tell am say Guy, forget that thing (e hard to dey chase when you know say you get work early morning)

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
Fish123:
Baba take ham easy ooooooo
NB you need to edit this one make LadyK no come see em em em

This happened way before i even start dey come Yankee. and most of them like friend-friend level sef. She met some of my Caribbean friends when she visited last year.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
Capslock01:

Sir, at the bolded. Can I be added to the takers?
Though, I'm still an undergraduate in Nigeria but I like the thread. I was able to pick one or two things, most especially about your suggestion of joining professional bodies. As I've taken proactive step of joining one.

That's what i'm talking about. You just have to pick one or two things out of all my rants here and let it work for you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 10:39pm On Nov 11, 2017
BlowJobs:

That's what i'm talking about. You just have to pick one or two things out of all my rants here and let it work for you.
when ever I see rihanna pics or vid my blood go start de boil!.
I will be like dammn only this girl get this kind beauty.

@OP this your route!! na him I go take make am

God willing

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2017
Hahahaha ...thats nice. I'm sure she will love every moment with your parents and siblings. God bless your union.

BlowJobs:

She guessed it from the combination of my name. She be winsh. White winsh. She even dey follow me drag my own papa. Dem dey call each other daily. That one sef come dey act like say na me be Son in-law and Lady K na him daughter grin grin

I kuku siddon dey look dem act like lost relatives grin grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2017
Nah friend-friend level bi d koko o
BlowJobs:

most of them like friend-friend level sef.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh121(m): 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
[quote author=lionlee216 post=62285050]

Please are visa adjust on stamp in time or the total 2 years visa ?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sevule(m): 11:33pm On Nov 11, 2017
I really like the writer of this post. He is a hustler and he has the Naija never say die spirit.
I am currently in the process of getting my green card by adjustment through marriage and I wanted to contribute to this post.
Here are a few tips I learned

1. Apply for the one year work visa when you apply for adjustment of status. I made the mistake of not applying for the one year work visa when I applied for my green card and my student work authorization expired leaving me stranded. I could not work for almost 4 weeks because I did not have valid work authorization. Thankfully the company I work for was very understanding

2. If you are applying based on marriage, ensure you put as much evidence as you can that you are married. Things like joint bank account, joint credit card, rental lease agreement, marriage certificate etc. The more the merrier

3. READ the instructions!! READ the instructions!!! READ the instructions!!! As Nigerians we tend to be lazy when it comes to reading but you CANNOT afford to be lazy when it comes to applying for a green card! I probably read the instructions at least 3 times. You will be amazed at how many applications are rejected because the applicants did not thoroughly read the instructions.

4. Create a checklist of all the official forms you need to send and supporting documents. Often times it is easy to forget to add a crucial piece of supporting documentation. If you create this checklist it will make your life a whole lot easier as you can confirm that you have all the relevant documentation before you send the application out.

@poster Have you and Lady K gotten married?

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:03am On Nov 12, 2017
sevule:
I really like the writer of this post. He is a hustler and he has the Naija never say die spirit.
I am currently in the process of getting my green card by adjustment through marriage and I wanted to contribute to this post.
Here are a few tips I learned

1. Apply for the one year work visa when you apply for adjustment of status. I made the mistake of not applying for the one year work visa when I applied for my green card and my student work authorization expired leaving me stranded. I could not work for almost 4 weeks because I did not have valid work authorization. Thankfully the company I work for was very understanding

2. If you are applying based on marriage, ensure you put as much evidence as you can that you are married. Things like joint bank account, joint credit card, rental lease agreement, marriage certificate etc. The more the merrier

3. READ the instructions!! READ the instructions!!! READ the instructions!!! As Nigerians we tend to be lazy when it comes to reading but you CANNOT afford to be lazy when it comes to applying for a green card! I probably read the instructions at least 3 times. You will be amazed at how many applications are rejected because the applicants did not thoroughly read the instructions.

4. Create a checklist of all the official forms you need to send and supporting documents. Often times it is easy to forget to add a crucial piece of supporting documentation. If you create this checklist it will make your life a whole lot easier as you can confirm that you have all the relevant documentation before you send the application out.

@poster Have you and Lady K gotten married?

Thank you bro. I am noting down the points you mentioned. Btw, how long did the process take you so far?. My permit will be expiring in some weeks and i really don't wanna stay the winter without work authorization. I like to keep busy.

No we are not married yet. Getting married in some days from today. I am excited and nervous. One part of me can't wait. Another part of me dey ask me "why i am signing my balls away for life" grin

Yes, i be hustler. i consider myself as one. I no get anybody so i dey always use my head. I dey over calculate sef..
Most times, i write these posts as a means of motivation. My targeted audience are Nigerian University undergraduates. Make dem no dull o. A lot of times, nothing special dey for most people after service. No job, no money. Dreams start fading away gradually. It almost happened to me before serving naija. That was why i start to dey gather my alawi together to commot naija and i am so glad everything worked for me. So, don't let those people wey dey promise you job after school deceive you, Most times, na empty promises o Some go even ginger you to get all the professional certifications wey dey naija. Start to dey use your head think forward o.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 12:13am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Not yet. Marriage is less than 13 days from now ( on her birthday. she is not aware yet, entirely my plan with her sister+ her dad's support grin grin)

The official date Lady K and I agreed on with the officiating JP is the 29th of Nov grin grin

Nice one bro.
Wishing you marital bliss

I'll keep the date in mind
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 12:24am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

She has seen me come on this site several times. She opened it once on her computer but hard to understand for her. She complained too much bad news on the home page grin grin
Na so my brother. Nigeria itself is a bad news grin grin

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 12:30am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

2 random selection..
Numbers pls..

07015586919 Airtel
God bless you
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Thank you bro. I am noting down the points you mentioned. Btw, how long did the process take you so far?. My permit will be expiring in some weeks and i really don't wanna stay the winter without work authorization. I like to keep busy.

No we are not married yet. Getting married in some days from today. I am excited and nervous. One part of me can't wait. Another part of me dey ask me "why i am signing my balls away for life" grin

Yes, i be hustler. i consider myself as one. I no get anybody so i dey always use my head. I dey over calculate sef..
Most times, i write these posts as a means of motivation. My targeted audience are Nigerian University undergraduates. Make dem no dull o. A lot of times, nothing special dey for most people after service. No job, no money. Dreams start fading away gradually. It almost happened to me before serving naija. That was why i start to dey gather my alawi together to commot naija and i am so glad everything worked for me. So, don't let those people wey dey promise you job after school deceive you, Most times, na empty promises o Some go even ginger you to get all the professional certifications wey dey naija. Start to dey use your head think forward o.

I wish you a happy married life in advance bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 12:44am On Nov 12, 2017
bigtt76:
Get well quick bro. We missed you. kiss

Hmm. This one they are missing OP.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:02am On Nov 12, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
07015586919 Airtel
God bless you

Na dem Solitin40 and Pronmix i selected. they seem to be the 2 people that needed it so i'm waiting their numbers. but i'll add you as the third person. Being that you sef dey visit the thread steady.

So, 3 numbers. Expect the credit from me between now and tomorrow morning (Eastern standard time)

Dashing credit done for now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 1:07am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Na dem Solitin40 and Pronmix i selected. they seem to be the 2 people that needed it so i'm waiting their numbers. but i'll add you as the third person. Being that you sef dey visit the thread steady.

So, 3 numbers. Expect the credit from me between now and tomorrow morning (Eastern standard time)

Dashing credit done for now
Thank you bro cheesy
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 1:07am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

2 random selection..
Numbers pls..

07081117513 (airtel)
there is always toothpaste left in the tube, no matter how small...

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Pronmix(m): 1:28am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

2 random selection..
Numbers pls..

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by klexycole(m): 1:34am On Nov 12, 2017
sirhamilton:

07081*****513 (airtel)

grin cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:56am On Nov 12, 2017
Pronmix:

Thanks bro. 08060657383
Done.. yours don enta

TheManOfTheYear:
Thank you bro cheesy

Done.. says on track.. airtel ppl and dem wahalah
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:57am On Nov 12, 2017
sirhamilton:

07081117513 (airtel)

Sorry bro.. i go press that tube hard next time
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Pronmix(m): 2:02am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Done.. yours don enta

Thanks bro. Seen.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 2:06am On Nov 12, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Thank you bro cheesy

You gotta do better than airtel bro. Dem dey block your blessing

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 2:09am On Nov 12, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
If e no go, abeg send am to my MTN line 08140165937 ... Just in case. Thanks bro..

No blame us. Na Buhari cause am cheesy

Done

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.