Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346851 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 2:10am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

You gotta do better than airtel bro. Dem dey block your blessing
Try my MTN line which I gave bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 2:11am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Done
Thanks so much bro. You shall never lack.

I can't wait for update on your marriage with LadyK cheesy
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 2:14am On Nov 12, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Try my MTN line which I gave bro

e don enta. I bet you have glo too grin grin

that year, i get MTN, glo, Etisalat and AIrtel grin grin.,. glo for Blackberry BIS and others for my dual sim tecno, mtn constant, sim two swapping between airtel and etisalat. depending on which one give me free MB grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 2:19am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

e don enta. I bet you have glo too grin grin

that year, i get MTN, glo, Etisalat and AIrtel grin grin.,. glo for Blackberry BIS and others for my dual sim tecno, mtn constant, sim two swapping between airtel and etisalat. depending on which one give me free MB grin
grin I dey tell you. Those Years of cheats..

Seen it bro. The amount was way more than I expect.
I can't thank you enough
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sim4fx(m): 2:39am On Nov 12, 2017
BJ,

You got a great thread and lovely story.

Keep it going and i wish you blissful union.

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 12, 2017
Him dey Yankee nao.. We full here and nobody want us sef..
sirhamilton:

Hmm. This one they are missing OP.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 12, 2017
Great story. Why I asked be say i never see a Nigerian wey marry carry him loot come dey live for Nigeria.. Charly boy though but u Sabi him background.
So all get immigration intent.. Nobody dey listen to that ur song oh. Carry go still!
BlowJobs:

Bro, Women full Caribbean. i no fit lie, i enjoyed my time. From the beautiful Barbadian lady that help me out in 2013 to my Trinidadian girl wey dey always text at odd times to Jamaicans that always wants African clothes and tell them African stories, to the Guyanese wey no dey hang out at all!!!. i loved every bit of it. But when i get opportunity come yankee and i saw the difference I was like "See Morocco, see Spain"

Like i said, if i have the opportunity in the future, i'll move to the caribbean to retire.

Caribbean is a better life than naija. If you get family problem and you dey find where to hide, move to the Caribbean. Nobody go even know say you commot.. I never actually plan to move from the Caribbean that fast. i was waiting to file my Citizenship and become a citizen of a Caricom country before another migration. However,plans changed.

Like i said earlier, I didn't make much in the caribbean. I was making around 170-210$ per week working 8am-6pm, Mondays to Fridays even though it was a really easy job and better than the 30Knaira i made before going for service in Nigeria. I still had savings, i was able to do a lot of things with that little money and still attend Fete (fete is like a party) most Friday night. Mind you, that was me working as a student intern. I will earn more than that if i was a regular worker and salary based.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 12, 2017
elfmann:
But OP, mak I ask u one question : women no dey Caribbean? Nigerian women no happy here.
Cc Ms/Ngo40. Hahahaha at no marry because of immigration.

Huh? Sorry, but I can't understand what u said..
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 7:00am On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Sorry bro.. i go press that tube hard next time
No wahala. Nice Thread BTW
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 7:07am On Nov 12, 2017
klexycole:

grin cheesy grin
My village people have succeeded in using you grin

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 12, 2017
Yo!
MsNgo40:

Huh? Sorry, but I can't understand what u said..
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Eleniyan15: 9:24am On Nov 12, 2017
Ghost mode deactivated!!!!!!!!

Because of awoof card tongue tongue tongue
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by klexycole(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2017
sirhamilton:

My village people have succeeded in using you
grin

No vex o. grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by rapheeky(m): 10:55am On Nov 12, 2017
God punish buhari and him crew .....I dn tel dem ...sell dis country to all dis rich men gv everybody dem own share......

OP I love ur story die....though I still de young.I am applying for southkorea and Germany next year... From there I go know my square root to Canada or Australia.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by YungJo207(m): 11:19am On Nov 12, 2017
Chia see how I miss card because of hustle and trying to learn spanish angry maybe I should just stick to Bjs advise make Spanish babe no go kill me grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 11:22am On Nov 12, 2017
grin

sirhamilton:

Hmm. This one they are missing OP.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2017
error4040:

where that Winsh PIDGIN2 ?
come give ya number Also maybe the airtime would ease your current frustration
grin grin grin

May God Bless ya hustle Brother

Oh yes.. i am adding PIDGIN2. The most patriotic Nigerian, Buhari pikin. grin grin

Where ever you are PIDGIN2, drop your number. You sef must enjoy a tiny bit from our obodo oyinbo hustle. At least your mind go dey pray for us secretly.

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by error4040: 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Oh yes.. i am adding PIDGIN2. The most patriotic Nigerian, Buhari pikin. grin grin

Where ever you are PIDGIN2, drop your number. You sef must enjoy a tiny bit from our obodo oyinbo hustle. At least your mind go dey pray for us secretly.
Word!!!

pidgin2 where ya at tho

cc Pidgin2
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sunkieisland(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
@ BlowJobs

which visa is most appropriate for relocating my family to the USA

pls do point procedures if you can
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
sunkieisland:
@ BlowJobs

which visa is most appropriate for relocating my family to the USA

pls do point procedures if you can
Bwahahahaha..mak pidgin2 catch u. U won leave nija wey better pass anything.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2017
Eleniyan15:
Ghost mode deactivated!!!!!!!!

Because of awoof card tongue tongue tongue
I tell u.. BlowwJob just opened a floodgate of credit beggars.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by suxes2005(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Me sef go show pidgin2 some love.

Oya come drop ya number ooo

Shalom
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
BJ hahahahaha this one got me grin grin grin Pidgin2 nah Bubu pikin nao
happy Sunday to you all
BlowJobs:

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
bigtt76:
grin

Nice dentition Gorgeous

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sevule(m): 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Thank you bro. I am noting down the points you mentioned. Btw, how long did the process take you so far?. My permit will be expiring in some weeks and i really don't wanna stay the winter without work authorization. I like to keep busy.

No we are not married yet. Getting married in some days from today. I am excited and nervous. One part of me can't wait. Another part of me dey ask me "why i am signing my balls away for life" grin

Yes, i be hustler. i consider myself as one. I no get anybody so i dey always use my head. I dey over calculate sef..
Most times, i write these posts as a means of motivation. My targeted audience are Nigerian University undergraduates. Make dem no dull o. A lot of times, nothing special dey for most people after service. No job, no money. Dreams start fading away gradually. It almost happened to me before serving naija. That was why i start to dey gather my alawi together to commot naija and i am so glad everything worked for me. So, don't let those people wey dey promise you job after school deceive you, Most times, na empty promises o Some go even ginger you to get all the professional certifications wey dey naija. Start to dey use your head think forward o.

I applied for Adjustment of Status last year December and I am still yet to do my interview. The length of time it takes depends on where in the US you live. My friend lives in Texas and he got his green card in 14 months from the date he applied to when he received it in the mail. On average the minimum length of time it takes is 1 year but it can take up to 2 years.

I found the link below to be very useful as it tells you how long the service office handling your AOS case will take to get to your application.
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

It will take at least 3 months for you to receive your one year work authorization from the date you apply so you need to plan accordingly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by wunmi590(m): 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
BlowJobs:

Na dem Solitin40 and Pronmix i selected. they seem to be the 2 people that needed it so i'm waiting their numbers. but i'll add you as the third person. Being that you sef dey visit the thread steady.

So, 3 numbers. Expect the credit from me between now and tomorrow morning (Eastern standard time)

Dashing credit done for now

Lol, so you wan side line me, me Wey I be your regular customer here grin grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 9:47pm On Nov 12, 2017
gringringrin
wunmi590:

Lol, so you wan side line me, me Wey I be your regular customer here grin grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by wunmi590(m): 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2017
Fish123:
gringringrin

Why you dey laugh? grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by denbaba: 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2017
denbaba:

Oga BJ Ur story is very motivating. May God continue to bless u.
I am a 31-year-old Medical lab scientist. I finished NYSC last year. Since then i have been working where they pay me #50k monthly. D money no reach anywhere I don't even have a savings. Pls advice me what route will be easy for me to leave this hopeless country. I'm ready for any menial job sef.
@Blowjobs pls when u get chance u say something abt this.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 2:25am On Nov 13, 2017
MsNgo40:
Good morning to you guys,
This isn't my thread so I want to try and make a brief statement and then be able to ultimately chat with the author of this piece (as I hope he feels better) .....as my question was addressed to him.

Thanks for all of your mentions guys....
They were very refreshing as I honestly laughed so much at reading them! You guys remind me of my dad...being humorous without trying (and not having a filter or tact)....something I like about Nigerians.

Well....guys...in the future tell yourself to skip over or IGNORE anything that MsNgo writes.
It's like this famous American children's book entitled, "The Little Engine That Could"...about a train who didn't think he was worth anything and therefore felt he couldn't perform his task as well as others.
The most famous words in that book were when the little train kept repeating to himself, "I...think....I can...."
I...think..I....can"

So just think about those above WORDS...and add the word "ignore" at the end of the sentence (when you are tempted to lose control) over 1 question I asked to someone else....or WILL ask in the future smiley

Have a blessed day....

#NoLoveLost
#NotMadAtYouGuys
#LittleRascals (Famous American T.V. show in the 1960's...i think...google it)

BenNash
Elfmann
BeautyAddy
Jayriginal
NONNYG
Error4040
Your sense of humour is refreshing, I laughed out really hard when reading your posts. The disagreement here is (to me) purely cultural, Nigerians generally dislike "poke-nosing", which is probably what what you are doing can be termed.
P.S: I have never stepped out of the country, so my opinion might be as empirical or significant as the 'P' in psychology

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 2:28am On Nov 13, 2017
Pidgin2:

Sorry for the poor reception you were given, unfortunately you fell into wrong hands. Any Nigerian you see on this thread is likely to be a crook, trying to look for desperate means to travel. (I have to say this in pidgin to help his ministry becos whity go surely get access to im Nairaland ID) wetin u expect OP to talk na? For sure im go tell u say im love am but for im heart im know wetin im dey do and why im dey do am wink make I no spoil im show

Move over to another forum e.g. family, culture, literature etc you will see more friendly folks there. Hope I've been able to help.
No offence sir but this is wrong on several levels, there are bad Nigerians as well as good Nigerians. And as a Nigerian I expected you to know better and stop the fallacy of hasty generalisation.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.