Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

"Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths (22521 Views)

Edo Election: PDP Woos Obaseki With Jonathan’s Visit. 'Not True' Edo Government / Precious Chikwendu Shares Photo With Jonathan / Ali Modu Sheriff Greets Wike At PDP Meeting With Jonathan (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by forayfleo(m): 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
May God help this nation
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by OBAGADAFFI: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2017
Clerverly:
Just like they did, when the incompetent buffoon was chased out of Aso Rock?

Yeye people! Empty chest beaters!
angry angry

You should be thanking for allowing Nigeria get Million Barrel Crude Oil daily.
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by luwabrooklyn(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:
And what can Jonathan do?

Herein lies the problem with Nigeria and that is tribalism, and this is bad.

I have repeatedly said it that the problem of Nigeria is not corruption,religion, bad governance or such. The number one problem is tribal and ethnic affiliation.

Everything in Nigeria is looked at from a tribal view. Nigeria has had plenty of Presidents,some corrupt and some not too corrupt.

But when Goodluck Jonathan came into the picture, even the Webster dictionary was forced to re-define the term " Corruption"

That the Government of President Buhari did not file corruption cases against Jonathan, his wife, PDP as a political party, thousands of Jonathan's hangers on and enablers is perplexing to me.

That a toothless bulldog like the IYC is suddenly talking and supporting Goodluck Jonathan , when even the corrupt Jonathan did not develop any part of Bayelsa as the Deputy Governor,Governnor,Vice-president and President is enough to show that the leadership of the IYC is a disgrace, and they should be overhauled.

I have started my gradual withdrawal of support for President Buhari,And the APC as a political party, for the simple reason that the fight against corruption that made me support them, is now a joke.

Goodluck Jonathan And his wife,just like the corrupt people inside APC now should be arrested and tried for crimes against Nigeria.

And the Government should not forget to pick up Obasanjo and Atiku along the way too. They got Nigeria into this mess collectively.
baba think twice corruption is bigger than Nigeria Godforbid its fight back if u want to probe Jona u must probe obj Ibb gowon everybody and u no it is impossible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Ayatullah(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
What's wrong in Jonathan coming to court to defend his errand boy - OLISAH METUH?

That is the way Metuh wants it and not Buhari, so what are Ijaw Youths talking?

Una don go drink too much ogogoro again! shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by asawanathegreat(m): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
Both d past and present leaders of dis country are corrupt in one way or d order. Let us not take side on any of them.
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Fongido(m): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
god punish that HIV idiot called Buhari. if he messes with SS he'll regret the day he bought presidential form. useless bastard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by uyplus(m): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ex Presidents of Brazil and Philippines were jailed for corruption, so who is Jonathan not to come give account of his stewardship as Ex President? He supervised a highly corrupt government, marred with lots of indictment, deceits, looting etc! Buhari too will be called upon to give account of his stewardship once he vacates office in 2019!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by jaychubi: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
Gentility or timidity
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by ofwest47(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ijaw youth are now crying wolf was Jonathan the one charged despite the fact that he was largest shopper of the county's wealth but was only asked by the accused to come and testify on his behalf as to what led to the money found on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by lonelydora: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:

I have repeatedly said it that the problem of Nigeria is not corruption,religion, bad governance or such. The number one problem is tribal and ethnic affiliation.

Everything in Nigeria is looked at from a tribal view. Nigeria has had plenty of Presidents,some corrupt and some not too corrupt.

But when Goodluck Jonathan came into the picture, even the Webster dictionary was forced to re-define the term " Corruption"

That the Government of President Buhari did not file corruption cases against Jonathan, his wife, PDP as a political party, thousands of Jonathan's hangers on and enablers is perplexing to me.

That a toothless bulldog like the IYC is suddenly talking and supporting Goodluck Jonathan , when even the corrupt Jonathan did not develop any part of Bayelsa as the Deputy Governor,Governnor,Vice-president and President is enough to show that the leadership of the IYC is a disgrace, and they should be overhauled.

I have started my gradual withdrawal of support for President Buhari,And the APC as a political party, for the simple reason that the fight against corruption that made me support them, is now a joke.

Goodluck Jonathan And his wife,just like the corrupt people inside APC now should be arrested and tried for crimes against Nigeria.

And the Government should not forget to pick up Obasanjo and Atiku along the way too. They got Nigeria into this mess collectively.

Jonathan is an ex C-in-C and attends Council of State Meeting where major decisions are taken, he won't appear in that court and nothing will happen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by zoedew: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2017
“Gentility” is a misnomer. “Dead horse” would appear a better description! You don’t flog a dead horse!! Jonathan is best ignored! Silence will fix him just as it has Fayose. However Buhari had better shape up and run the country because his administration will also be subject to public scrutiny with time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by neyobounty: 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:

As educated as your write ups seems to portrayed you, you still believe in media trial....which court has found Jonathan guilty of corruption order than what the present govt has made the gullible Nigerians to believe.

1 Like

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by moffat(m): 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
Don't u think all this you mentioned point at ur paymaster BUHARI
HungerBAD:

Don't u think all this you mentioned point at ur paymaster BUHARI

1 Like

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Omeokachie: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
GEJ should refused appearing in court.

Let them go and drag him in handcuff like Tafa Balogun.

Then I will know that Buhari means business.

2 Likes

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Maski87: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2017
Jonathan =failed president, if ijaw, youth make too much noise we wi'll launch operation crocodie,dance

1 Like

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Mckandre(m): 6:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
I swear, If hadn't look well would ve thought the topic says"Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Genital" lipsrsealed
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by maestroferddi: 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:

Oga I am afraid you are making a noise...

You were among the hordes of never-do-wells that campaigned to foist this evil government on Nigeria.

You expect an award for averring that you are losing confidence in the killer ewa/beans you helped prepare?

You are kidding yourself...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by columbus007(m): 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2017
After jesus,i like myself,after myself,i like jonathan and every other person can go to places undecided

1 Like

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by enemyofprogress: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
So so talk,no action, abeg make we hear word jo
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by enemyofprogress: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Mckandre:
I swear, If hadn't look well would ve thought the topic says"Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Genital" lipsrsealed
Jonathan no get prick now
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Leez(m): 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
nwakibie3:
POLITICS – The latest Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) has condemned the subpeona by the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on former President Goodluck Jonathan.

It is reported that the group advised the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari not to play with Jonathan’s “gentility”.

IYC said it was an embarrassment and a slap on the entire Ijaw nation that the former president was ordered to appear in a fraud case in person, adding that “this has never happened in this country and we will not allow it to start with our son”.

Justice Okon Abang had confirmed that he signed the subpoena on Jonathan to testify in the trial of a former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Olisa Metuh.

The judge said, “Indeed, at the close of business yesterday being October 23, 2017 precisely at about 3.59pm, the registrar forwarded to the court in chamber a subpoena to compel former President Goodluck Jonathan to appear in court to testify a the instance of the first defendant (Metuh).

“Therefore in line with section 241(1) of Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 and having regard to the subsisting judgment of the Court of Appeal in the appeal CA/A/159C/2017, between Olisa Metuh and Federal Republic of Nigeria dated September 29, 2017 to the effect that it will be tantamount to violating the right of the first defendant to fair hearing not to sign the subpoena.

“I have no option other than to sign a subpoena to compel former President Goodluck Jonathan to appear in court on September 25, 2017 (Wednesday) to give evidence at the instance of the first defendant.”

Reacting, IYC President, Barr. Roland Oweilaemi Pereotubo, in a statement on Thursday said the invitation was made with mischief, describing it as calculated to embarrass the person and office of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“This is the first of its kind in the history of this country and same should not be allowed to pride in. It is an affront to the person of President Jonathan for a court to invite him in such a humiliating manner, especially when it is glaring that the intent and purposes for the subpoena is to use the instrumentalities of the judicial powers to persecute the man in order to put him to public disrepute”, it read.

“We will not allow that to happen. This is an insult to the Ijaw people. Those who want to ferment strife in the Country should not use the sanctity of the judiciary to prosecute their aims. Jonathan’s acceptance of election defeat should not be taken as a cowardice but a reflection of true statesmanship.

“This present Government owes a duty in all moral fronts to respect the person of President Jonathan for the sacrifices he has made to keep us united. No Former President of this Country has ever be openly humiliated the way and manner this present Government is persecuting Jonathan’s family. Let it not be seen as an offense for Jonathan to peacefully hand over power to President Buhari.

“As for the judge that issued that vexatious order, we appeal to him for the sake of our peaceful co-existence to have a rethink. Judicial decisions should be guided with public policy, public interest and public safety. You do no good to the Country if your decision tears the Country apart. It is constitutional for a judge to be guided by public policy, public interest and public safety in the discharge of his judicial functions.

“IYC call on President Muhammadu Buhari and the comity of ex-Presidents to intervene in this matter. The Ijaw nation will not sit idle by and allow her son to be publicly humiliated in such a despicable manner. This has never happened in this country and we will not allow it to start with our son. Those who want to make history through the gentility of President Jonathan should as well be ready to dance the rhythm of the macabre sung. A word is enough for the wise.”

http://mynationnews.com/2017/10/26/nigeria-president-muhammadu-buhari-toying-with-jonathans-gentility-ijaw-youths-fume-over-subpoena-on-erstwhile-leader/
we wee not take it,IYC is Ipob yoot,kanu is mad
Afonjas 2017
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by billyG(m): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
Blame buhari over metuh or a judge who requires jonathan act lawfully as a witness?is jona above d law?is jona no longer a law-abiden democrat?will it not boost jona credential as d 1st ex-president 2 witness in court & is it bad 4 an ijawman 2 enter guiness book of records?

1 Like

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by madridsta007(m): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:

Not sure you wrote this epistle when Buhari refused to appear before the Oputa Panel.

Not sure you wrote this long epistle when Buhari refused all Court orders on Dasuki and Kanu.

Not sure you wrote this long epistle when...
I can go on and on.

Well, hunger is bad.

(Dear IYC, nothing will happen mbok. Another distraction to keep Nigerians busy away from $26bn and Maina-gate and the economic comatose in the country)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by shevy878: 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
They should try it & see wht will happen.
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Leez(m): 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
ofwest47:
Ijaw youth are now crying wolf was Jonathan the one charged despite the fact that he was largest shopper of the county's wealth but was only asked by the accused to come and testify on his behalf as to what led to the money found on him.
Buhari(yes buhari in his two terms as president),IBB,Abacha and OBJ stole more dan GEJ so where largest chopper come from
besides notice i didnt call abdulsalam
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Kirigidi(m): 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:

You should first call for the arrest of IBB who misruled and stole during his regime but refused to appear before Oputa Panel.
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by AMvanquish: 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
This Apc govt should go and sit down. 3 years down the line and they are still blaming PDP n Jonathan.
They should have buried this one sided hatred n move on by now. They should fix their house first n set a precedence , then we would know they are serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by samstels: 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
HungerBAD:

You should include IBB ,Abdulsalami and all former heads of state .IBB and co put us into this great mess and not GEJ
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by chungzee(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
Gentleman, you're not wrong but this hasn't happen here in Nigeria and shouldn't start with Pres. Goodluck Jonathan. Clear?

1 Like

Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Phonefanatic: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hh
Re: "Muhammadu Buhari Toying With Jonathan’s Gentility" – Ijaw Youths by Itzmizbo: 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2017
[quote author=uyplus post=61797014]Ex Presidents of Brazil and Philippines were jailed for corruption, so who is Jonathan not to come give account of his stewardship as Ex President? He supervised a highly corrupt government, marred with lots of indictment, deceits, looting etc! Buhari too will be called upon to give account of his stewardship once he vacates office in 2019!

Sometimes i go just they imaging why some people have to be senseless like the zombie they voted into power as their President. Is Jonathan the only person that have been there before, or the people there before was all saint abi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supreme Court: We’ll Pay ₦60 Million Fine Soon - Olanipekun, Babalola / Bidemi Rufai In More Trouble For Deceiving US Court In Desperate Bid To Get Bail / Why Buhari Will Still Win 2019 Presidency - Axelrod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.