Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. (10458 Views)

Borno Leads Ebonyi On NBS Ranking Of States IGR Of 2019 / Has Tinubu Ever Governed Any Of The SE States? / Ogun State IGR Is Higher Than The IGR Of The Entire Southeast States--obidigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by deomelo: 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2017

Our review relies on the said states’ Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) figures from an official source – National Bureau of Statistics (NBS). According to the Bureau’s Statistics Calendar found at http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/information/calendar, IGR information is published once a year. The latest statistics are published under the heading – Full Year 2016 States Disaggregated Internally Generated Revenue and can be found here.

The NBS report is 47 pages long, however the relevant facts are on page 40. Please note that the latest available figures published in the report are for full year 2016. A review is shown in the following table:

Anambra State’s 2016 IGR numbers were not provided in the NBS report

Scenario 1 shows Anambra’s actual IGR numbers from 2015 as 2016

Scenario 2 shows Anambra’s IGR numbers from 2015 with a growth of 24.85% (This is the state’s Compound Annual Growth Rate from 2012 to 2015).

Scenario 3 shows Anambra’s IGR numbers from 2015 with a growth of 41.50% (This is the state’s year-on-year growth rate from 2014 to 2015).

Total IGR reported by NBS for the 5 South Eastern states in 2016 amounted to N35.14bn which is less than Ogun State’s reported IGR of N72.98bn for the same period. However, the total of N38.14bn does not include Anambra State’s IGR for the period.

Thus, the available data is incomplete and cannot be a correct and accurate basis for comparison of the internally generated revenue from the South East (SE) region and Ogun State.

However, if one could assume that Anambra state’s IGR would remain at the 2015 level of N14.79bn, total IGR for the 5 SE states becomes N49.94bn, which is less than Ogun State’s IGR for 2016.

Alternatively, if one could assume that Anambra state’s IGR would grow at the Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 24.85%, same as the CAGR recorded by the state from 2012 to 2015, total IGR for the 5 SE states becomes N53.61bn, which is less than Ogun State’s IGR for 2016.

Or, if one could assume that Anambra state’s IGR would grow at the state’s 2015/2014 year-on-year growth rate of 41.50%, total IGR for the 5 SE states becomes N56.08bn, which is less than Ogun State’s IGR for 2016.

[Caveat: When Anambra’s official 2016 IGR figures are eventually released, if the State’s IGR is at least N37.84bn, then we will be able to revisit this, and conclude that Ogun State’s IGR is less than that of the 5 SE states.]

http://www.factchecknigeria.com/facts/aggregate-igr-five-se-states-less-ogun-state/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by deomelo: 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
This is very very sad... grin grin grin

With all the chest beating, the riches, the most industrious, the smartest and so on and so on, it's still poverty on top of poverty....

grin grin grin

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Lekan1o1: 11:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by PenisCaP: 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Loadedzunne(m): 11:51pm On Oct 27, 2017
deomelo:

With all the chest beating, the riches, the most industrious, the smartest and so on and so on, it's still poverty on top of poverty....

grin grin grin
IGR and private/personal individual wealth, are they thesame?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Igboid: 12:03am On Oct 28, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kn23h(m): 12:05am On Oct 28, 2017
Loadedzunne:

IGR and private/personal individual wealth, are they thesame?

Is that your excuse?

And who told you Igbo's individual wealth is higher than that of a Yoruba man?

I'm not here to read lies today, prove your stance.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Macelliot(m): 12:05am On Oct 28, 2017
[s]
deomelo:

grin grin grin
[/s]
you called it poverty, because 99% of their own generated resources were controlled by them(south east). No FG present.

You only reap where you sow.

15 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kn23h(m): 12:07am On Oct 28, 2017
Macelliot:
[s][/s]
[s]you called it poverty, because 99% of their own generated resources were controlled by them(south east). No FG present.

You only reap where you sow[/s]

When will you stop lying?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by UfuomaUN(m): 12:16am On Oct 28, 2017
IGR this IGR that! IGR depends a lot on the efficiency of the state govts taxing system. Many states in Nigeria don't take taxing as seriously as Lagos for instance. The wealth of a state should is better judged by GDP or per capital wealth

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by deomelo: 12:21am On Oct 28, 2017
Macelliot:
[s][/s]
you called it poverty, because 99% of their own generated resources were controlled by them(south east). No FG present.

You only reap where you sow.

What is the meaning of this rettarded rubbish sef...? grin grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kn23h(m): 12:25am On Oct 28, 2017
UfuomaUN:
IGR this IGR that! IGR depends a lot on the efficiency of the state govts taxing system. Many states in Nigeria don't take taxing as seriously as Lagos for instance. The wealth of a state should is better judged by GDP or per capital wealth

Does Oyo tax better than all SE states?
Why didn't you bring this up about 5 years ago when anambla's IGR was greater than Oyo's own?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Macelliot(m): 12:31am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

Is that your excuse?

What is Human resources?
An average Igbo man beats a yoruba man hands down.

Statistic

YORUBA
Richest yoruba men
1) $500
2) $400
3) $350
4) $250
5) $150
poorest yoruba men
1) $0.1
2) $0.3
3) $0.5
4) $0.7
5) $0.9

HAUSAS.

Richest hausa men
1) $700
2) $250
3) $130
4) $40
5) $10
poorest hausa men
1) $0.01
2) $0.01
3) $0.01
4) $0.02
5) $0.02

IGBO

Richest igbo men
1) $395
2) $393
3) $386
4) $384
5) $381
poorest igbo men
1) $1.5
2) $1.5
3) $1.5
4) $1.5
5) $1.6

As an example between the average Hausa community where one man will be too rich while others are extremely poor, compared to the Igbo community where there is high competiton.

Rather for an Igbo man to leave a $700 for a single man to have it all while the other is poor, they rather share it $350-$350 (50/50). So none will be poor.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kn23h(m): 12:35am On Oct 28, 2017
Macelliot:

What is Human resources?
An average Igbo man beats a yoruba man hands down.

Fake Statistic

the Statistics are not real,

I don't know if I should shake my head for you or laugh at your stupidity.
The internet has really afforded many cyber clowns to create the delusion of grandeur.

I can as well come up with the same scenario based on poverty rate per region and IGR per region, and Yorubas will still win.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Macelliot(m): 12:38am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

I don't know if I should shake my head for you or laugh at your stupidity.
The internet has really afforded many cyber clowns to create the delusion of grandeur.

I can as well come up with the same scenario based on poverty rate per region and IGR per region, and Yorubas will still win.
Win on paper and IGR.
But more hungry people.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Drogbs: 12:45am On Oct 28, 2017
Lol this people and low self esteem, when their lies are served back to them hot, they rush from pillar to post opening useless threads just to wax their weak egos and flood their rants with likes... Seeking false validation, and of course naira land is their viable tool for propaganda... we are all aware of the old but popular cliche that when a man begins to brag about how big his manhood is, or how good in bed he is... chances are he is just another insecure one minute man with a d**k for peanuts... that aptly describes these tiger claw faced people with inferiority complex...d**k measuring contest- a reinforced attempt to mask a deep sense of certain low self esteem(fundamentals to psychology 101)... They revel on paper statistics and false Igr figures and indices, when those who know the obtainable are reality on ground can attest to these wild claims they shamelessly peddle around, we all know the only face saving state in the SW is Lagos, and this is only because it only happens to be in the SW by chance.. or perhaps luck. The greater part of of why Lagos is what it is, is because other Nigerians made it what it is...coupled the huge budget allocation it receives from the federal coffers, foreign investments, and vantage location... The rest of the South west of Nigeria are just negligible slums, Ogun state by virtue of proximity to Lagos enjoys some measure of industrial touch(not necessarily due to awesome governance or Yoruba "ingenuity"), which rather unrelatively haven't been seen on 3D or experienced in other SW states that are unfortunately far away from the nucleus of industrialization- Lagos,needless to say these other states like Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo etc are just 60% uncivilzation with poor roads, lack of access to modern structures besides mud and clay houses, lack of any functional urban air... we all know the truth, so countless threads to rebuff this facts just further validate my earlier illustrative thesis... The man who brags about his d**k size...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by MyNewJackeT: 12:45am On Oct 28, 2017
guys I just wonder why you guys keep shouting IGR but your governor can't pay salary not to talk of NYSC 5K but you keep coming here to shout IGR.

like I've never been to oshogbo before to see mud houses there.

IGR is not a measurement of wealth.

ogun state where people with no deformity beg for a living.

when i come out of a bank beggars crowd me and I'm like WTF

31 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by devindevin2000: 12:47am On Oct 28, 2017
These criminal afonjas are at it again with their fake stats. They claim they are the most educated with their concocted coneskull stats yet every yr, Igbos come out at the top in every measure of educational success, followed by SS. They claim they have the lowest poverty rate, yet if you go outside now; just look through the window self, 90% of the time, any wretched, hungry-looking person you see is an afonja in their traditional amala smelling attire that hasn't been washed from days; who knows if it was used to mine skull. Far worse in their land as you can tell the difference between them and their visitors. Have you seen an afonja that looks fresh as Nnmadi Kanu or Asari Dokubo? It's impossible. God didn't create them to look fresh. Every Nigerian will tell you that Igbos have the best standard of living in Nigeria and individual wealth, followed by SS, Afonjas are not even close. I end with this quote by a middle belt man on youtube video " HOW DO YOU IDENTIFY AN IGBO PERSON" His answer: "If you see an Igbo person, immediately you will know by how fresh and well fed they look."

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by MyNewJackeT: 12:57am On Oct 28, 2017
deomelo answer me

2 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kn23h(m): 1:07am On Oct 28, 2017
Macelliot:

Win on paper and IGR.
But more hungry people.

Lol! I know right. The richest people in Africa but still carries cocaine internationally, gets caught stealing simple bag of rice etc.

They have the most millionaires/billionaires in their tribe but still they don’t show up on Forbes.
They run from their region to survive and “make it”.

Nigga go and siddon.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by deomelo: 1:07am On Oct 28, 2017
[s]
MyNewJackeT:
guys I just wonder why you guys keep shouting IGR but your governor can't pay salary not to talk of NYSC 5K but you keep coming here to shout IGR.

[/s]

Typical ignorant and unintelligent ipob rant... grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kn23h(m): 1:09am On Oct 28, 2017
devindevin2000:
These criminal afonjas are at it again with their fake stats. They claim they are the most educated with their concocted coneskull stats yet every yr, Igbos come out at the top in every measure of educational success, followed by SS. They claim they have the lowest poverty rate, yet if you go outside now; just look through the window self, 90% of the time, any wretched, hungry-looking person you see is an afonja in their traditional amala smelling attire that hasn't been washed from days; who knows if it was used to mine skull. Far worse in their land as you can tell the difference between them and their visitors. Have you seen an afonja that looks fresh as Nnmadi Kanu or Asari Dokubo? It's impossible. God didn't create them to look fresh. Every Nigerian will tell you that Igbos have the best standard of living in Nigeria and individual wealth, followed by SS, Afonjas are not even close. I end with this quote by a middle belt man on youtube video " HOW DO YOU IDENTIFY AN IGBO PERSON" His answer: "If you see an Igbo person, immediately you will know by how fresh and well fed they look."

You can come back with as many ID as you want....it still won’t change the truth.

Lol @ by how fresh he looks....what kind of kindergateen description is this? cheesy

Well I can identify an Igbo man by the flat shape of his head, yam legs, and residue of white powder on his tattered attire.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kn23h(m): 1:11am On Oct 28, 2017
MyNewJackeT:

List the names of nigerian governors that can’t pay their salary. Igbo governors are still amongst them. Oil rich Bayelsa is still amongst the list.

So what’s your point?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kn23h(m): 1:13am On Oct 28, 2017
Drogbs:
Lol this people and low self esteem, when their lies are served back to them hot, they rush from pillar to post opening useless threads just to wax their weak egos and flood their rants with likes... Seeking false validation, and of course naira land is their viable tool for propaganda... we are all aware of the old but popular cliche that when a man begins to brag about how big his manhood is, or how good in bed he is... chances are he is just another insecure one minute man with a d**k for peanuts... that aptly describes these tiger claw faced people with inferiority complex...d**k measuring contest- a reinforced attempt to mask a deep sense of certain low self esteem(fundamentals to psychology 101)... They revel on paper statistics and false Igr figures and indices, when those who know the obtainable are reality on ground can attest to these wild claims they shamelessly peddle around, we all know the only face saving state in the SW is Lagos, and this is only because it only happens to be in the SW by chance.. or perhaps luck. The greater part of of why Lagos is what it is, is because other Nigerians made it what it is...coupled the huge budget allocation it receives from the federal coffers, foreign investments, and vantage location... The rest of the South west of Nigeria are just negligible slums, Ogun state by virtue of proximity to Lagos enjoys some measure of industrial touch(not necessarily due to awesome governance or Yoruba "ingenuity"wink, which rather unrelatively haven't been seen on 3D or experienced in other SW states that are unfortunately far away from the nucleus of industrialization- Lagos,needless to say these other states like Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo etc are just 60% uncivilzation with poor roads, lack of access to modern structures besides mud and clay houses, lack of any functional urban air... we all know the truth, so countless threads to rebuff this facts just further validate my earlier illustrative thesis... The man who brags about his d**k size...

I know I’m replying to the same low self esteem Ibo your, so go and check my previous posts for an answer to this lame excuse of why SE is the 2nd least developed region in Nigeria.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by aribisala0(m): 1:18am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

List the names of nigerian governors that can’t pay their salary. EBOLA governors are still amongst them. Oil rich Bayelsa is still amongst the list.

So what’s your point?

1 Like

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Drogbs: 1:19am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

I know I’m replying to the same low self esteem Ibo your, so go and check my previous posts for an answer to this lame excuse of why SE is the 2nd least developed region in Nigeria.
LOL who cares what a lout spills out from his ewedu brain, your lies end on Nairaland so its irrelevant debasing myself into a mudslinging contest with you.

16 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by aribisala0(m): 1:19am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

Lol! I know right. The richest people in Africa but still carries cocaine internationally, gets caught stealing simple bag of rice etc.

They have the most millionaires/billionaires in their tribe but still they don’t show up on Forbes.
They run from their region to survive and “make it”.

Nigga go and siddon.
Are you talking about Ebola people? shocked shocked shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by devindevin2000: 3:15am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

You can come back with as many ID as you want....it still won’t change the truth.

Lol @ by how fresh he looks....what kind of kindergateen description is this? cheesy

Well I can identify an Igbo man by the flat shape of his head, yam legs, and residue of white powder on his tattered attire.

I can identify an afonja by trace of blood on their traditional attire. If you put luminol spray on afonjas' cloths in a dark room, you will see trace of blood from coneskull mining. The government should invite Forensic Files Investigators to SW. Hahaha...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by EternalTruths: 5:36am On Oct 28, 2017
deomelo:

grin grin grin

We Biafrans can only take this statistics serious when Yorubas stop speaking against the rise of Biafra.

13 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by EternalTruths: 5:41am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

Is that your excuse?

The numerous Mud houses in SW told us.

14 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Diiet: 5:46am On Oct 28, 2017
South east is the most backward region in Nigeria after war torn North east =fact.

They develop everywhere except their region.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Governors To Hold An Emergency Meeting / NNPCL Has Spends ₦54 Billion On Ailing Refineries In Seven Months / Stop Rejecting Old Naira Notes, NURTW Tells Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.