Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show (32969 Views)

Meet The First Man To Import A Bullet Proof Car Into Nigeria. / Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) / World First Transparent Car Launched In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by obafemee80(m): 11:53am On Oct 28, 2017
[img]http:///a/img922/4430/tv0GAr.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img924/77/0NeEJE.jpg[/img]

A concept car equipped with external airbags to protect against fender benders is raising eyebrows at the Tokyo Motor Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ_kch11YgQ

The body panels of the Flesby II ultra-compact vehicle are covered by a soft, next-generation rubber that can absorb the impact of a collision.

"We put airbags, which are mainly employed inside the car, on its exterior, such as its hood or fender, to protect the entire body,"
Takashi Ishikawa, managing officer of Toyoda Gosei, said on Wednesday.

Toyoda Gosei, a manufacturer of rubber and plastic automotive parts and LEDs, came up with the idea for the concept car in 2013.

[img]http:///a/img922/4523/9x5VaR.jpg[/img]

The company said on its website the rubber is able to move with electric power and change the shape of the car body.

LED lights projected onto the rubber also allow the driver to communicate with pedestrians and other vehicles, the company said.

"In the event of contact with a pedestrian, the soft body serves a safety function in absorbing the impact," the company said.
The company hopes to introduce Flesby II by 2030.

https://autojosh.com/worlds-first-dent-proof-car-wows-crowds-tokyo-motor-show/

Credits: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/amazing-dent-proof-car-wows-11418340
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by laiza(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
This is awesome

1 Like

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by martynsnet: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
I was here when the Internet was invented and made public.

I was here when the first black man was elected president of the US.

I was here when a dictator was elected president.

I will be here when the next big thing breaks out.

I WAS HERE

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2017
the car is nice but I can't buy it is too small for my liking.

1 Like

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Ajanacool(m): 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2017
martynsnet:
I was here when the Internet was invented and made public
I was here when the first black man was elected president of the US
I was here when a dictator was elected president
I will be here when the next big thing breaks out

I WAS HERE
I tell u. this generation has witnessed a lot of unimaginable tech advancements. And even more to come. We should be ashamed of always being the consumer

54 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by hanassholesolo: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2017
lucky999:
the car is nice but I can't buy it is too small for my liking.
Not sure you can afford that car dude.

28 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by squash47(m): 7:35am On Oct 29, 2017
this one na toy na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 29, 2017
May GOD continue to bless the WHITES, since they know how to apply the God's given wisdom and Talents....

DINO MELAYE should look forward to getting this

9 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by ademidedavid(f): 7:36am On Oct 29, 2017
Lovely concept, oyibo always thinking with their heads......how i wish africa xpecialy 9ja can just imbibe 20% of their wisdom!

3 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by barbiecue(f): 7:36am On Oct 29, 2017
Cool
Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by olumaxi(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Car or robocop?

2 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Frankyboy1(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2017
There is still so much wrong with my beloved country! While so many youths are fighting over our oil and resources in the ground, the world is leaving us behind in technological advancement, which is the genuine way of creating wealth and advancing nation's! The richest and most robust economies no longer depend on one resource in the ground, the richest minds don't spend all their energy on pastors proclaiming God will make you a millionaire before the end of the year,without any tangible or visible work, God has already blessed you with a very powerful tool called the mind,utilise it,harness it,develops it,do not cage.it with schooling or certifications or norms,let it fly and grow wild, stop wasting your energies on pdp and apc, the power to change your lives lies in you, find problems,find challenges, let ur mind explore,and the solutions are the answers to the freedom you seek! Kudos to all the nation's that have learnt the true meaning of wealth creation! May we get there someday

29 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Jaynom(m): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Damn! #TRON LEGACY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Adaumunocha(f): 7:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Mtcheeeeeew... Just one horn from dem dangote trailer and this toy go jump enter gutter.

1 Like

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Saintp(m): 7:38am On Oct 29, 2017
When will my own country wow the world with innovations no matter how little? Nice car btw.

3 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Mckandre(m): 7:45am On Oct 29, 2017
martynsnet:
I was here when the Internet was invented and made public
I was here when the first black man was elected president of the US
I was here when a dictator was elected president
I will be here when the next big thing breaks out

I WAS HERE
U won't go nd marry kiss

3 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Ezedon(m): 7:46am On Oct 29, 2017
I cant waste my money on this toy
Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by gabi98(m): 7:47am On Oct 29, 2017
If Dangote trailer should hit that car, i tell you it wont be able to protect anything

1 Like

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by longsnake(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2017
Good innovation. My Benin people will be jealous.
Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Starkid3010(m): 7:49am On Oct 29, 2017
Nyc
Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 29, 2017
in terms of technology ,nigeria and a big part of africa is eons behind other parts of the world

2 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Fvcknames: 7:52am On Oct 29, 2017
Here in Africa, we claim we use spiritual methods for protection from accidents, look how far it has got us

3 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by tosomaju(m): 7:53am On Oct 29, 2017
The future is definitely going to be mind blowing to the present generation as it's always the case. How I wish I can peep into the year 2500AD. Our generation would have colonized space, human would have discovered a way to live to 500 years, evolution as a result of technology would have taken a different route on us making us look completely different from what we look now..... I just can't stop imagining

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Soulsymbol99: 7:54am On Oct 29, 2017
L ;Dooks like d white guy in big hero 6 grin

1 Like

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Kaybaba5(m): 7:54am On Oct 29, 2017
Nice
Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by S2kluv: 7:56am On Oct 29, 2017
wrong thread

TOY CAR
Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by Coolgent(m): 7:57am On Oct 29, 2017
Bad news to panel beaters/painters. grin

2 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by bymyself: 8:00am On Oct 29, 2017
Frankyboy1:
There is still so much wrong with my beloved country! While so many youths are fighting over our oil and resources in the ground, the world is leaving us behind in technological advancement, which is the genuine way of creating wealth and advancing nation's! The richest and most robust economies no longer depend on one resource in the ground, the richest minds don't spend all their energy on pastors proclaiming God will make you a millionaire before the end of the year,without any tangible or visible work, God has already blessed you with a very powerful tool called the mind,utilise it,harness it,develops it,do not cage.it with schooling or certifications or norms,let it fly and grow wild, stop wasting your energies on pdp and apc, the power to change your lives lies in you, find problems,find challenges, let ur mind explore,and the solutions are the answers to the freedom you seek! Kudos to all the nation's that have learnt the true meaning of wealth creation! May we get there someday

Well said Frankboy 1.
The question is how many will listen? We have become​ so used to laziness and mediocrity. Follow follow, overnight millionaires without doing anything, stunch followers of men of God rather than God Himself. Worshippers of men than of God.

Which way Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by RichDad1(m): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2017
Car, cucumber, tennis ball or a bug?
Me a yam not understanding o
Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by MrWondah(m): 8:03am On Oct 29, 2017
Me I believe say naija fit do more just that our youths no wan start as dem dey wait for big money before them start.
For me o I dey work on neurotelepathy. Imagine being able to communicate without actually opening your mouth just thoughts using wireless data streaming protocol

3 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by RichDad1(m): 8:04am On Oct 29, 2017
Danfo drivers be like grin

4 Likes

Re: World's First Dent-Proof Car Wows Crowds At Tokyo Motor Show by demsid(m): 8:04am On Oct 29, 2017
Nawa. Let's showcase our unbreakable pencil factory.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Drove From Lagos To Akure With ₦‎2,450 Using CNG As Fuel / States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use / Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.