Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Why Did You Leave Nigeria? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did You Leave Nigeria? (14906 Views)

No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by VPG: 5:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

hmm its actually correct. "Sweeping" does not necessarily mean using a broom. Yes they do sweep (clear) snow off the sidewalks and streets.

David naww, why do you want to use technicality to save this guy, its obvious the guy is a Mutalab.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tanimz(f): 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

the problem is some of you pigeon-hole a particular word which shows your own limited vocabulary. "Sweep" can be used for a wide variety of meanings.

Yes snow can be swept . . .

All my life, I never heard they "swept" snow.

I wasnt critisizing the guy, if you read my reply "well" you'ld have obviously seen that.  angry
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
stillwater:

@ Tkb

There is nothing like coming back home and having faith there is constant electricity. cool

Nobody has to pursue me to go and buy fuel because they want to fill up the generator. cool Then you see me dragging one heavy jerrycan while alighting from okada. tongue Na so one okada man won beat me because I said 'wetin dey worry this man'. grin
With no light, you can't even use the water pumping machine, that is if water coporation is not ill that month.

I say no more. This body was made to enjoy. grin grin

I'll come back when electricity is fixed. grin

hehehehehe
ure a case. as for constant electricity, its like asking OBJ to rule America
i dont know if its possible. The power stations we have in Nigeria were built pre independence shocked shocked when we had few people living in Nigeria and to think those dilapidated utilities are still the ones serving this country is a wonder
abeg stay in America grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
VPG:

David naww, why do you want to use technicality to save this guy, its obvious the guy is a Mutalab.

the guy is technically right.

tanimz:

All my life, I never heard they "swept" snow.

I wasnt critisizing the guy, if you read my reply "well" you'ld have obviously seen that.  angry

well . . . that says a lot.  grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tanimz(f): 5:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

the guy is technically right.

well . . . that says a lot. grin

And, what are you implying?
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
I wasnt critisizing the guy, if you read my reply "well" you'ld have obviously seen that.  angry
[quote][/quote]
drop it tanimz
you can say 'sweep snow'

so lets get back to bizniz

why did you leave 9ja? cheesy grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2010
tanimz:

And, what are you implying?
Ma'am, David is right.

You are simply used to a certain word/phrase when it relates to 'clearing' snow.

Quit arguing.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

hehehehehe
ure a case. as for constant electricity, its like asking OBJ to rule America
i dont know if its possible. The power stations we have in Nigeria were built pre independence shocked shocked when we had few people living in Nigeria and to think those dilapidated utilities are still the ones serving this country is a wonder
abeg stay in America grin grin

So how are you surviving it? grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 5:33pm On Mar 17, 2010
stillwater:

So how are you surviving it? grin
im wired 24 hours

i work 8-7 ( Gen all through)
when i get home, my GEN works till morning

weekends - im wired to my GEN till i step out of my house. I have a healthy relationship with a petrol station not too far from my estate and the attendants will die to supply me diesel even when its scarce. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

im wired 24 hours

weekends - im wired to my GEN till i step out of my house. I have a healthy relationship with a petrol station not too far from my estate and the attendants will die to supply me diesel even when its scarce. cheesy cheesy

Ain't you exaggerating a little undecided
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 5:37pm On Mar 17, 2010
To escape the Heat and the dust grin cheesy grin
Nah cheesy
for Better education n health facilities cheesy
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

im wired 24 hours

It means it's your house I'll live in then whenever I come to Nigeria.  grin grin I hope I won't be fetching water from miles away though. grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ujujoan:

If he has the money why not?.

@ topic
Purely for career reasons. Will go back when after a few yrs work experience. Tbh . . . there is very little money to be made here. A lot of the folks who live here are slaves to their credit card companies.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 5:40pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

@ topic
Purely for career reasons. Will go back when after a few yrs work experience. Tbh . . . there is very little money to be made here. A lot of the folks who live here are slaves to their credit card companies.

True that sad
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ujujoan:

hehehehe
we dont even have a transformer ( for 4 months now)

so if u dont power a GEN ure on your own (OYO)

almost everybody i know live on GEN 24 hours so whats there to exaggerate about.
I live on my GEN, if i cant anymore, ill run to Accra grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

@ topic
didnt want to mention that b4 people call me names

i guess 9ja is the best place for me; when it ceases to be so, ill think of how to join stillwater in USA cheesy
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2010
stillwater:

It means it's your house I'll live in then whenever I come to Nigeria. grin grin I hope I won't be fetching water from miles away though. grin
fetch water?
i dont think water is a problem in Nigeria
we have a borehole in ma house so no wahala

come cheesy grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

@ topic

I was referring to the light situation!

tkb417:

hehehehe

almost everybody i know live on GEN 24 hours so whats there to exaggerate about.

Ok, your transformer went bad, I see!

Well if you have enough money to buy fuel like you said, I bet you live in a rich neighbourhood. Why can't you guys arrange for a transformer? or at least repair the one you have    undecided
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tanimz(f): 5:46pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

drop it tanimz
you can say 'sweep snow'

so lets get back to bizniz

why did you leave 9ja? cheesy grin

Whatever. . .Im not in the mood to argue now, maybe tomorrow.
I left Naija to continue my education.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

fetch water?

come cheesy grin

Water is a problem. You are just lucky to be able to afford a borehole. Most people are not that lucky.

Jezz, when I see the heavy jerricans some kids carry on their head, I shiver!  sad
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

didnt want to mention that b4 people call me names

i guess 9ja is the best place for me; when it ceases to be so, ill think of how to join stillwater in USA cheesy

There is no inherent advantage to living here in the US if you already have a good degree and its passport. Very very few Nigerians on this site can boast of making anywhere close to $50,000 p.a. That is slave wages . . . you'll be on a mortgage forever, paying for your car piecemeal and watching for the repo man every second. Living on credit cards and hoping for loans to see your kids thru college.

In naija . . . you can make 10 times that amount in one month if you have the right connections. Naija here i come pretty soon! Gen or not, water or not . . . i can build my own mini-local government and enjoy myself.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

fetch water?

come cheesy grin
tkb, your house is not the whole Nigeria o
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

hehehehe

light is not that bad oo except if your transformer spoil. (as u said), 14hrs a day bad but not worse in the case of naija.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

@ topic
There is some truth in this but not right on the money.
It is definitely true for those who live on credit and store cards.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ujujoan:

Water is a problem. You are just lucky to be able to afford a borehole. Most people are not that lucky.

Jezz, when I see the heavy jerricans some kids carry on their head, I shiver!  sad

Fault of the wicked landlords we have all over Lagos, they build houses without provision for water.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

There is no inherent advantage to living here in the US if you already have a good degree and its passport. Very very few Nigerians on this site can boast of making anywhere close to $50,000 p.a. That is slave wages . . . you'll be on a mortgage forever, paying for your car piecemeal and watching for the repo man every second. Living on credit cards and hoping for loans to see your kids thru college.

In naija . . . you can make 10 times that amount in one month if you have the right connections. Naija here i come pretty soon! Gen or not, water or not . . . i can build my own mini-local government and enjoy myself.

Hmmmn! First time I'm hearing something positive from a 'runaway'  undecided

As for me, the only thing that worries me about this country is the security. People have lost value for life. People get killed on the streets and nothing is being done about it. Lives are wasted unnecessarily and the government is indiffernt! It's sad!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ujujoan:

I was referring to the light situation!

Ok, your transformer went bad, I see!

Well if you have enough money to buy fuel like you said, I bet you live in a rich neighbourhood. Why can't you guys arrange for a transformer? or at least repair the one you have    undecided
we have one House of REP guy in the estate and we've had series of meetings on how to get another one (but na lie)

we contributed N15k each (per house)  to get a new transformer but we were told we needed to get approval from Alausa b4 the stuff will be given out. To get approval now is now another wahala. abeg

it was just 2 months after i paid the rent that the transformer went ballistic; i for don move commot
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ujujoan:

Jezz, when I see the heavy jerricans some kids carry on their head, I shiver! sad
with the kind of rent we pay in Lagos, i wont go near a house with no borehole

thats worse than not having light
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ujujoan:

Hmmmn! First time I'm hearing something positive from a 'runaway'  undecided

As for me, the only thing that worries me about this country is the security. People have lost value for life. People get killed on the streets and nothing is being done about it. Lives are wasted unnecessarily and the government is indiffernt! It's sad!

Bingo cool
No amount of money can tempt me enuff when i think abt the security. angry
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2010
FL Gators:

tkb, your house is not the whole Nigeria o
but which kain house no go get water now?
na Ajegunle be dt oo grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
Make I talk true.

I went abroad to wash toilet, sweep snow and drive cab. i later became skilled as a security, corpse washer etc.

Na true i dey yarn.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

This is not true David.
However, anything is possible in fantasy world.

Your post is littered with suppositions.

And saying someone can earn 10 times what they earn in Amereica is just way over the top.

Get your finances in order and live within your means.

Seemples!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election / 'I Inherited A Failed State' - Outgoing Governor, Amosun Says / Umahi Says He Wont Associate With Any Igbo Group That Insults Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.