Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Why Did You Leave Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did You Leave Nigeria? (14903 Views)

No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

You know I am a full blooded Nigerian. I am not American in any way and I must always return home.

No matter how bad naija is, I would always return there Not because its better but because Its my home, Its my country.

I be hardcore ajepako. And I had fun as an ajepaks.
Hopping into Molue,
Standing in Molue,
Using my body to rub females standing in Molues grin grin grin grin,
Eating at roadside Bukas grin grin, Going to beer parlour and shekpe joint to make noise and argue,
Going to viewing centers,
Smuggling babes inside my house to avoid my parents seeing her grin grin grin,
Making animal-like sounds in the campus-Hostel at ife were my recollection of growing up.
And I enjoy it every bit of it.

correct man. cool cool
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

Those who hate naija are in the majority.  grin

I don't think anyone hates Naija just the situation of little things that ought not to be 'luxury'.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by skfa1: 6:20pm On Mar 17, 2010
Damn, I miss Naija sha cry cry
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2010
FL Gators:

True tho, who is foolish enough to boast about wealth/ food in a poor neighborhood?

that's why you must mellow if you have money, don't try splashing water on your neighbors oo, if you do, once those boys come visiting, none of them go help u oo
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
i swear, the only thing that will make me run is when this religious and ethnic thing gets out of hand

i can still cope wth the heat, bad roads, corrupt police and armed robbbers ( cant count how many times ive been waylaid and beaten blue black)
Dayo, can i get a witness?  cheesy
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
criminal  
ol boi, we go yarn tonite
i wan commot

No lele. We know as we dey do am.

Those who hate naija are in the majority.

Not that they hate Naija but they just opted for a better life

i swear, the only thing that will make me run is when this religious and ethnic thing gets out of hand

i can still cope wth the heat, bad roads, corrupt police and the armed robbbers ( cant count how many times ive been waylaid and beaten blue black)
Dayo, can i get a witness?

na lie. No be Robbers dey pursue you, Na men and boys you snathed their wives and girlfriends dey chase you. grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Sauron1: 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
stillwater:

Security was not a problem for me where I lived in Nigeria, but water and electricity. I can't count how many times I wanted to bomb Nepa, but it never happened, ended up fighting with countless Nepa officials. grin

Una nor get transformer? grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
Naija is the place to be . . . at least there you have real friends not wasting your time on FB and Nairaland.  grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Using my body to rub females standing in Molues grin grin grin grin,

Shame no catch you abi? undecided
Rubbing those poor women up and down, Agbaya oshi grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

Naija is the place to be . . . at least there you have real friends not wasting your time on FB and Nairaland.  grin

For real?
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

i can still cope wth the heat, bad roads, corrupt police and armed robbbers ( cant count how many times ive been waylaid and beaten blue black)
Dayo, can i get a witness?  cheesy

Really? shocked
My skin n body are too delicate for stuffs like that grin cheesy

chic2pimp:

Shame no catch you abi? undecided
Rubbing those poor women up and down, Agbaya oshi grin grin

As if u havent done it before. oniranu grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Una nor get transformer? grin cheesy grin

Even with the transformer, will they give you light? grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2010
TOPE2000!:

Really? shocked
My skin n body are too delicate for stuffs like that grin cheesy
Not once!!

i dont know o. Maybe Dayo is right
i think some people are planning to kill me grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

Not once!!

Yea . . . . . prolly some ladies u have messed with. grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Sauron1: 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2010
stillwater:

What other stuffs do you hate about Nigeria?
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

Not once!!

That is what you get for acting like a 'big' boy. grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2010
stillwater:

Our transformer b4 it was taken off used to act like a scud missile

the thing blows up like twice a day

rubbish and nonsense
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2010
Shame no catch you abi?  
Rubbing those poor women up and down, Agbaya oshi

Na the women dey rub me to collect free "effects" from me.

Another thing Refusing to pay conductors in Molue buses was also the thrill.

Honeric those Iyana-Ipaja to oshodi Molue.

The trick is stand in front, when they ask you for money tell them someone would pay at the back. By the time the Molue conductor gets to the back we are already at "Ikeja along" and he discovers nobody wan pay for me.

By the time he comes back to ask me I pick a fight by the time the fight settle down we are already at ladipo/Bolade.
If he wants to start a fight tell him "You sabi Sir-kay? Na my friend. In every area theres always a Sir-kay who is a bully.

TIPS: Dont try this during peak traffic hours because you would still be at Iyana Ipaja when the conductor would throw you out.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

Hehehehe grin grin grin grin grin
Are you by any means referring to the likes of. . . . . .  lipsrsealed grin

TOPE2000!:

As if u havent done it before. oniranu grin
Me Ke? shocked shocked grin
Mba, o ti oo cheesy cheesy
Whilst I haven't, friends of mine have. Some of em' have even gone as far tapping those poor women's backsides and grabbing their bobbies embarassed embarassed embarassed grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2010
all the people shouting NEPA, how many times did you skip paying your NEPA bills?  grin

Did you ever pay taxes? and you want water abi? Yeye people.

Naija is a lot of fun . . . suya, kilisi, even NEPA's problems are the reason some of us can remember being told tales by moonlight while lying on the mat outside in the shade.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

rubbish and nonsense

hold the supplier accountable, the transformer must have be made in aba lipsrsealed
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

The trick is stand in front, when they ask you for money tell them someone would pay at the back. By the time the Molue conductor gets to the back we are already at "Ikeja along" and he discovers nobody wan pay for me.

By the time he comes back to ask me I pick a fight by the time the fight settle down we are already at ladipo/Bolade.
If he wants to start a fight tell him "You sabi Sir-kay? Na my friend. In every area theres always a Sir-kay who is a bully.

TIPS: Dont try this during peak traffic hours because you would still be at Iyana Ipaja when the conductor would throw you out.

ROLFMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Sauron1: 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

rubbish and nonsense

Our own neighbourhood transformer is the worst i have seen.
It has no cover and my neighbours used to carry a long bamboo stick to hit it when there's low voltage.
The shyte blows like 5 times a week and those corrupt NEPA officials would ask everyone to contribute to bring a new one.

I also hate land phones in Lagos.
FFS, you cannot dial and get a connection to the next door neighbour.
The line jams and you can hear hundreds of strange voices of other people trying to connect. I enjoyed the disses though. grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

What other stuffs do you hate in Nigeria?

Everything that has been cited on this thread. tongue
But it's a good place to grow up. Wont trade my childhood for anything. cool cool cool cool

tkb417:

rubbish and nonsense

Roflmao!!!! grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Na the women dey rub me to collect free "effects" from me

Another thing Refusing to pay conductors in Molue buses was also the thrill,

Those buses can be funny. . . . . .

Na only naija you can buy holyspirit water and God's grace for #20 grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Na the women dey rub me to collect free "effects" from me.

Another thing Refusing to pay conductors in Molue buses was also the thrill.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by jumobi1(m): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
Cos there was better life and reward for effort outside Nigeria. Plus my parents could afford it with their hard work.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

Our own neighbourhood transformer is the worst i have seen.
It has no cover and my neighbours used to carry a long bamboo stick to hit it when there's low voltage.
The shyte blows like 5 times a week and those corrupt NEPA officials would ask everyone to contribute to bring a new one.

u're lucky your own even responds to bamboo sticks. Ours got blown a few days to WC 94, after mobilising a group to the NEPA office they replaced it with immediate alacrity. Well after the WC it was taken back and we had to endure 4 months of black out.

~Sauron~:

I also hate land phones in Lagos.
FFS, you cannot dial and get a connection to the next door neighbour.
The line jams and you can hear hundreds of strange voices of other people trying to connect. I enjoyed the disses though. grin

Which part of naija were u living? Our land phones worked just fine. you only needed to call NITEL every once a month.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
Really?
My skin n body are too delicate for stuffs like that

Fights and getting beat up are normal runs for lagos boys

Quick secret: me and tkb were in rival gangs growing up but in 2005/2006 when we grew old we closed ranks.

Whilst I haven't, friends of mine have. Some of em' have even gone as far tapping those poor women's backsides and grabbing their bobbies

In those postures, you would be praying for the Molue to enter gallop and your reaction would be exagerrated. I know someone who grabbed a girls boobs trying to get his balance after Molue enter gallop.

See curses that day. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Sauron1: 6:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
stillwater:

Everything that has been cited on this thread. tongue
But it's a good place to grow up. Wont trade my childhood for anything. cool cool cool cool

Even with those blood-hungry mosquitoes?
Have you been bitten by Ikeja mosquitoes before? They are like butter-flies.

davidylan:

u're lucky your own even responds to bamboo sticks. Ours got blown a few days to WC 94, after mobilising a group to the NEPA office they replaced it with immediate alacrity. Well after the WC it was taken back and we had to endure 4 months of black out.

It responds to bamboo sticks but it's risky as well too.

Which part of naija were u living? Our land phones worked just fine. you only needed to call NITEL every once a month.

Ikeja. . . . . .The load was just too much for the exchange to bear.
Calling anyone on landfone and connecting was a miracle. . .
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

all the people shouting NEPA, how many times did you skip paying your NEPA bills?  grin

Naija is a lot of fun . . . suya, kilisi, even NEPA's problems are the reason some of us can remember being told tales by moonlight while lying on the mat outside in the shade.

rofl . . . .david we are not 10yrs old anymore, not having electricity is not amusing and fun anymore jor tongue

Me Ke? shocked shocked grin
Mba, o ti oo cheesy cheesy
Whilst I haven't, friends of mine have. Some of em' have even gone as far tapping those poor women's backsides and grabbing their bobbies embarassed embarassed embarassed grin

Tsssssk . SMH grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

Gerraway, I can proudly say we paid ours, we are not like that grin. I was the one always going there to pay. That was even the defining thing that made me annoyed, you pay but you don't get what you paid for. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2019: Shehu Sani’s Ticket Hangs On Buhari, El-rufai’s Endorsement / Only 8 Parties Have Submitted Lists Of Candidates, Says INEC / Senate Directs FG To Construct Public Toilets Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.