Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Why Did You Leave Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did You Leave Nigeria? (14901 Views)

No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Wike Promise SS And SE Will Leave Nigeria If...(pix) / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

but which kain house no go get water now?
na Ajegunle be dt oo grin grin
LOL not every house has bole-hole.
I remember when I used to live in Lagos, had to walk long distance with keg to get water.
You're simply amongst the lucky ones.

dayokanu:

Make I talk true.

I went abroad to wash toilet, sweep snow and drive cab. i later became skilled as a security, corpse washer etc.

Na true i dey yarn.
not funny dayo angry
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Make I talk true.

I went abroad to wash toilet, sweep snow and drive cab. i later became skilled as a security, corpse washer etc.

Na true i dey yarn.

abeg no let prof tanimz catch you.  grin

Ujujoan:

Hmmmn! First time I'm hearing something positive from a 'runaway'  undecided

As for me, the only thing that worries me about this country is the security. People have lost value for life. People get killed on the streets and nothing is being done about it. Lives are wasted unnecessarily and the government is indiffernt! It's sad!

the issue of security depends on where you live. Its not so bad. You can be shot on the streets here too . . . or by a mad guy in your school.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Make I talk true.

Na true i dey yarn.

Are u serious? grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 6:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Make I talk true.

Na true i dey yarn.

grin grin grin grin

I never knew you had this great sense of humor. Rolling on the floor.

Left Nigeria because it is simply incongruous.  cool
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
OMO IBO:

This is not true David.
However, anything is possible in fantasy world.

Your post is littered with suppositions.

And saying someone can earn 10 times what they earn in Amereica is just way over the top.

Get your finances in order and live within your means.

Seemples!

If i had said "all nigerians" perhaps you would have had a point.

Yes there are folks in Nigeria who earn more than 10 times what you would earn in America . . . that is a FACT. I personally know a few people like that.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

we have one House of REP guy in the estate and we've had series of meetings on how to get another one (but na lie)

we contributed N15k each (per house)  to get a new transformer but we were told we needed to get approval from Alausa b4 the stuff will be given out. To get approval now is now another wahala. abeg

it was just 2 months after i paid the rent that the transformer went ballistic; i for don move commot

Haba, you case is serious oh. All these 'honourables' sef . .  na them dey spoil things!

Anyway, there's no place to run to, cos you dont know what you'll meet there!

TOPE2000!:

Bingo cool
No amount of money can tempt me enuff when i think abt the security. angry

My dear it is sooo terrible! Do you know that where I stay is the state Commissioner's qtrs, with mobile police all around. I used to think I was living in the most secure area in town untill someone was gunned down right in front of my house! And the funny thing is that the killers got away and nobody is doing anything about it!  shocked  shocked

It's pathetic!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ujujoan:

Hmmmn! First time I'm hearing something positive from a 'runaway'  undecided

As for me, the only thing that worries me about this country is the security. People have lost value for life. People get killed on the streets and nothing is being done about it. Lives are wasted unnecessarily and the government is indiffernt! It's sad!

girl, stop sounding as if dead body full everywhere for our street, there are places in Nigeria where you have no problem with security unless you carry thief "property" for hand, there are alot of people in other parts of Nigeria living well without security issue, if you are not the loud one, you won't attract criminals or assassins to your side, leave politics for those ready to die and live a quiet life. u no no whether i even get money pass Andy Uba lipsrsealed
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
Tbh . . . there is very little money to be made here. A lot of the folks who live here are slaves to their credit card companies.

David, Do you know what quality of Life means?

Ok lemme tell you I worked in nigeria in VI(In an organisation most ppl would brag about). I wake up at 4am to beat the traffic and I get home at 11pm atimes 1am whenever GO Adeboye strikes. to wake up 4am again.

No Light, bad roads, Insecurity everything my bro e no easy like dat.

You mean you want the money Nigeria has to offer, but think about the number of ppl queuing for the same thing and forget about merit, you have to grease palms. Its not as easy as you might think in most cases you end up being frustrated and run back to the NY you left behind
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

There is no inherent advantage to living here in the US if you already have a good degree and its passport. Very very few Nigerians on this site can boast of making anywhere close to $50,000 p.a. That is slave wages . . . you'll be on a mortgage forever, paying for your car piecemeal and watching for the repo man every second. Living on credit cards and hoping for loans to see your kids thru college.

In naija . . . you can make 10 times that amount in one month if you have the right connections. Naija here i come pretty soon! Gen or not, water or not . . . i can build my own mini-local government and enjoy myself.
$50,000 in Naira is N7m

thats like the annual salary for an SBO in a bank. The opportunities in Nigeria if well harnessed should fetch double of that
like you said, you can do just anythn to make money in Nigeria
aswerigad grin grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Ok lemme tell you I worked in nigeria in VI(In an organisation most ppl would brag about). I wake up at 4am to beat the traffic and I get home at 11pm atimes 1am whenever GO Adeboye strikes. to wake up 4am again.

You mean you want the money Nigeria has to offer, but think about the number of ppl queuing for the same thing and forget about merit, you have to grease palms. Its not as easy as you might think in most cases you end up being frustrated and run back to the NY you left behind

I cant disagree with any of this  undecided  undecided
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

the issue of security depends on where you live. Its not so bad. You can be shot on the streets here too . . . or by a mad guy in your school.

I am not convinced yet and also i heard the credit crunch just hit naija, there is no job security at the moment as well.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

liar!!!!
tell dem all our private convos grin grin grin
when you make money today, arent you coming back to Lagos?
forget that insecurity abeg grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
Security was not a problem for me where I lived in Nigeria, but water and electricity. I can't count how many times I wanted to bomb Nepa, but it never happened, ended up fighting with countless Nepa officials. grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by sizzlers(m): 6:06pm On Mar 17, 2010
probably those lotters in abuja
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 17, 2010
honeric01:

girl, stop sounding as if dead body full everywhere for our street, there are places in Nigeria where you have no problem with security unless you carry thief "property" for hand, there are alot of people in other parts of Nigeria living well without security issue, if you are not the loud one, you won't attract criminals or assassins to your side, leave politics for those ready to die and live a quiet life. u no no whether i even get money pass Andy Uba lipsrsealed

But that's the point! You dont have to live below the standard you can afford just to protect yourself from criminals. That's not fair!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Well said wink
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2010
And saying someone can earn 10 times what they earn in Amereica is just way over the top.

Get your finances in order and live within your means.

Seemples!

You said the average salary in US is $50,000 what do you think the average working class Graduate in Nigeria is?

I worked in both economies and I can say its NOT better in Nigeria

the issue of security depends on where you live. Its not so bad. You can be shot on the streets here too . . . or by a mad guy in your school

On the average Lagos is more dangerous than the US. I can leave my house at 2am to the gas station. Check the road in Lagos at 2am either you are robbed by Robbers or by Police choose one.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 17, 2010
TOPE2000!:

I am not convinced yet and also i heard the credit crunch just hit naija, there is no job security at the moment as well.
Credit crunch [i]just [/i]hit naija?

dayokanu:

Cant argue with this
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2010
stillwater:

Security was not a problem for me where I lived in Nigeria, but water and electricity. I can't count how many times I wanted to bomb Nepa, but it never happened, ended up fighting with countless Nepa officials. grin

LMAO grin cheesy grin cheesy
The nepa thing is mind boggling. . . i mean even ghana has stable electricity. sad

@Toyin
As surprising at it may sound, despite the fact the credit has been crunched since i can remember. lol
they are just noticing it grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

Make I talk true.

Na true i dey yarn.
 grin grin grin grin grin
Omo Oshi grin grin

@ POST
BETTER QUALITY OF EDUCATION!!!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2010
Ujujoan:

But that's the point! You dont have to live below the standard you can afford just to protect yourself from criminals. That's not fair!

reasons are because you have more hungry mouth around you than in the west, so you have to live a quiet life and don't flaunt, if you want to flaunt, then try making those around you "happy", you get my point? (Abiola style)
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 17, 2010
TOPE2000!:

@Toyin
As surprising at it may sound, despite the fact the credit has been crunched since i can remember. lol
abi

honeric01:

reasons are because you have more hungry mouth around you than in the west, so you have to live a quiet life and don't flaunt, if you want to flaunt, then try making those around you "happy", you get my point? (Abiola style)
grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

You said the average salary in US is $50,000 what do you think the average working class Graduate in Nigeria is?

I worked in both economies and I can say its NOT better in Nigeria

On the average Lagos is more dangerous than the US. I can leave my house at 2am to the gas station. Check the road in Lagos at 2am either you are robbed by Robbers or by Police choose one.
true grin grin grin
na Police go rob u grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2010
TOPE2000!:

LMAO grin cheesy grin cheesy
The nepa thing is mind boggling. . . i mean even ghana has stable electricity. sad
@Toyin

Very mind blogging for me o.
Yes I left Nigeria mainly because of education bla bla and I intend to come back, but even if you took out education, I'll still run out. grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Mar 17, 2010
liar!!!!
tell dem all our private convos  
when you make money today, arent you coming back to Lagos?
forget that insecurity abeg

You know I am a full blooded Nigerian. I am not American in any way and I must always return home.

No matter how bad naija is, I would always return there Not because its better but because Its my home, Its my country.

I be hardcore ajepako. And I had fun as an ajepaks.
Hopping into Molue,
Standing in Molue,
Using my body to rub females standing in Molues grin grin grin grin,
Eating at roadside Bukas grin grin, Going to beer parlour and shekpe joint to make noise and argue,
Going to viewing centers,
Smuggling babes inside my house to avoid my parents seeing her grin grin grin,
Making animal-like sounds in the campus-Hostel at ife were my recollection of growing up.
And I enjoy it every bit of it.
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Sauron1: 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
rebranded:

Maybe if we know what makes most people leave the Country, we might be able to know our priorities in making Nigeria a Country to be proud of.

For me i left:
- To get a better Education
- Better Quality of life, comfort,etc
- To escape the Heat and the dust grin

This!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by honeric01(m): 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
FL Gators:

grin cheesy grin

Abi i lie? if there was less hungry mouth, she won't have to be extremely weary of security
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
naija

welcome to the local govt of oyb

meet the power station

.9kva i pass my neighbour
2.2kva jinling
5 kva elepaq
3kva inverter
enough petrol for a week

viva the sound of the generator in the morning evening and dead of the night

water
shallow borehole
water treatment plant outstanding

algae keeps growing in the tank

security oyo

just don't ever make any big withdrawals from the bankl and take same home

transport out of home 6.30 pray no feking trailer is halfway across the road, no okada, danfo, molue julius berger truck, irate driver, hits me. . .
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2010
dayokanu:

You know I am a full blooded Nigerian. I am not American in any way and I must always return home.

No matter how bad naija is, I would always return there Not because its better but because Its my home, Its my country.

I be hardcore ajepako. And I had fun as an ajepaks.
Hopping into Molue,
Standing in Molue,
Using my body to rub females standing in Molues grin grin grin grin,
Eating at roadside Bukas grin grin, Going to beer parlour and shekpe joint to make noise and argue,
Going to viewing centers,
Smuggling babes inside my house to avoid my parents seeing her grin grin grin,
Making animal-like sounds in the campus-Hostel at ife were my recollection of growing up.
And I enjoy it every bit of it.
criminal grin grin grin
ol boi, we go yarn tonite
i wan commot
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 17, 2010
Those who hate naija are in the majority.  grin
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
tkb417:

true grin grin grin
na Police go rob u grin
grin cheesy grin

honeric01:

Abi i lie? if there was less hungry mouth, she won't have to be extremely weary of security

True tho, who is foolish enough to boast about wealth/ food in a poor neighborhood?
Re: Why Did You Leave Nigeria? by TOPE20001(f): 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
davidylan:

Those who hate naija are in the majority.  grin

LOLZ grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Genetically Modified crops being grown on Nigerian soil by Western nation firms / Enugu Lawmakers Serve Chime Impeachment Notice / Junaid Mohammed: Oshiomhole Was Wrong Choice As APC National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.