Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (863 Views)

My Idea Of Feminism / Misconception Of Feminism And Its Imminent Dangers To Rising Africans: Misscokie / Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Splinz(m): 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2017
The sudden and seeming unending rise of feminism from a hitherto obscure position in this part of the world to that of a sizable following calls for serious attention. No doubt, the trend is only bound to go up except there's a mental & attitudinal reorientation by some people.

And what is feminism or who is a feminist?

A feminist is a person who opposes the systematic way of shortchanging or undermining women in the society, especially in ways which create and reinforce relationships of male dominance and female subordination, and therefore struggles, supports or seeks a redress. Feminism is a struggles against what U.S anthropologist, Gayle Rubins, called "sex/gender system" which in other words means a set of arrangements that condemns women to a secondary position in human relations. Feminism also seeks to eradicate social constructs such as gender-specific roles, responsibilities, expectations, norms etc. It is a clamour for equality in man-woman relationships.

I'd like to swim against the tide of "bitter feminist" and other such tags. Of course, whoever agitates for something is likely pushed by some kind of 'injuries' which naturally makes one bitter. Perhaps, feminist have been wounded truly. If so, then I think we must tend their wounds. But...to you that feminist out there that breathes nothing other than fire and brimstone, listen! "The lips of the wise spread knowledge; not so the minds of fools" (Pro. 15:7). Yes, you have to let your opponents see the need for service and humility to one another irrespective of sex; the need to do away with silly ego -- the spreading of this knowledge. Not spreading hatred, insults and threats! Or what do you called it, "Pepper Dem Gang?" Oh c'mon... you no dey pepper anybody but yourself o. Shey na me dey struggle ni? undecided undecided undecided

And so, because the bitterness in itself is not the struggle -- the wounds that must be tended, I also think it is an unwise thing to attack the effect instead of the cause. (But of course, you can't go into a strong man's house and all you do is to insult him, and then expects him to grant you your desires. He will not only flown you out of his house, but let fly at you with his fist! Thorough beating eh cheesy cheesy cheesy).

To be continued...
Re: . by Splinz(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
What Cause?

Some men who professed to be 'Christians' appropriate to themselves the power to choose what is right and wrong for a woman. In other words, they literally sits as emperors over women. Now, no matter how foolish or irrational their choices may be, it doesn't matter. After all, they just know that it is written in the Bible, "I am the head".

Ahem! Mbok, who is the tail? undecided undecided undecided

CHRIST AND HIS CHURCH

In Ephesians 5:21-32, Paul further establishes man as the head of a woman just as Christ is the head of the church. Now, the church here should also be seen as a 'woman'. In fact, God's church is pictured as a bride foretold to marry Jesus Christ at His return (Rev. 19:7-9). You see, one can't help but envy the love Christ and His woman shared in Song of Solomon 7. I tell you, Romeo & Juliet are learners. wink wink wink

So as a man, to understand your place as the head of a woman, you must first of all understand Christ's position as the head of His own woman, which is:

1. Christ, though being Lord (master) of all, "made Himself of no reputation" (Phil. 2:7-cool and became a servant/slave of all (John 13:5-15), and left for us an example to follow.

2. Whoever desires to be the first/head must become the slave of all (Mark 10:42-45). He must serve and not served.

3. Christ as a good shepherd (groom) died for His sheep (bride)-- John 10:11.

So, who is the head?

To be the head is to be a servant, I.e, though you are the head, but you don't bring this position to bear. Instead, your position is cloaked with humility to love and serve one another. To be the head is to lower one's self to do such a stunning thing like the one Jesus did, which provoked Peter, knowing his unworthiness and who it is that wants to wash his feet, to say, "Lord, do you wash my feet!?" (John 13:6). To be the head means there is no head, for all are servants of one another -- equal -- all are driven by the desire to serve. To be the head means you must also listens, considers, and seeks her consent. To be the head is to be one with her, just like the head of Christ -- the Father, is one with Christ.

Indeed, the headship of Christ over His church and that of man over a woman is, like Paul puts it, a "profound mystery" (Ephesians 5:32). Truly, it is a mystery to almost all who thinks it's the position of a king. And contrary to claims by some that God is a misogynist, facts reveals He seems to love women the more. But of course, He loves us all the same.

So, does anyone still want to be the head? He desires a good thing. Now is the time to take charged; now is the time to answer your true called! You must come down from your high horse; it is time to serve! And feminism? It will die a natural death when feminists no longer sees emperors but the 'heads'.

Remember, "A servant who deals wisely has the king's favour, but his wrath falls on one who acts shamefully" (Pro. 14:35).

Do you then think it's a win-win for women? No, I think it's a win-win for all. And... it's a wrap!
Re: . by Beemaz: 1:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
Oh please don't write "to be continued" as if you were the one that originally wrote the text. Acknowledge the writer and shame plagiarism.
Re: . by Splinz(m): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
Beemaz:
Oh please don't write "to be continued" as if you were the one that originally wrote the text. Acknowledge the writer and shame plagiarism.

Sorry, originally written by non other than my humble self. It is my piece.

I'd like to hear your opinion on the matter.
Re: . by Beemaz: 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2017
Splinz:

Sorry, originally written by non other than my humble self. It is my piece.

Piece ko. Even if you compiled the writeup, your arguments and points were borrowed from somewhere else. And I really don't understand the problem with people like you who read foreign blogs and forums that deal predominantly with problems related to their own society and environment and then you borrow their ideas and come on Nairaland to post it. How does your topic resonate with the average Nigerian? Is this brand of "bitter" feminism or any pronounced version of feminism actually a problem here in Nigeria? How is your post going to be of any value to any Nigerian reading this? Abeg carry you post to reddit or 4chan or some other place where majority of the active users are from societies where feminism is actually a conspicuous problem.
Re: . by Splinz(m): 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2017
Beemaz:

Piece ko. Even if you compiled the writeup, your arguments and points were borrowed from somewhere else. And I really don't understand the problem with people like you who read foreign blogs and forums that deal predominantly with problems related to their own society and environment and then you borrow their ideas and come on Nairaland to post it. How does your topic resonate with the average Nigerian? Is this brand of "bitter" feminism or any pronounced version of feminism actually a problem here in Nigeria? How is your post going to be of any value to any Nigerian reading this? Abeg carry you post to reddit or 4chan or some other place where majority of the active users are from societies where feminism is actually a conspicuous problem.
Calm down bro. This one is made in Naija and for Naija o. Original cha cha! cheesy cheesy cheesy I didn't consult any foreign blog as you claimed.

I've quoted mainly from the Bible. If that's what you called "borrowing points from somewhere else", then yes.

However, you seems to have problems with feminism.
Re: . by Splinz(m): 12:09am On Jul 15, 2021
Hgjgjgjgh

(1) (Reply)

I Fear I May Lose Her / Help Plz, About Loosing My GF To Another Man Due To Family Arranged Marriages / D’setter Private Female Hostel For Rent 37 Ibukun Olu Street, Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.