Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,738 members, 7,820,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed (27279 Views)

People's Comments About Ighalo's Unfaithfulness To His Wife Left Me In Shock / Harrison To Amusan: Records Are Meant To Be Broken. Congrats, You Smashed Mine / Messi Gets A Broken Nose And Swollen Eye After Collision With Chris Smalling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by daveP(m): 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
bart10:

cheesy It’s obvious you were never in a physics class. Momentum boy. That’s mass x velocity. The impact it’s going to be so much on the aircraft depending on the flight level. I suspect an eagle. Those birds can attain very high altitude.
Abeg help school them before my mind diverts to my siggy.

1 Like

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2017
No bird is big enough to cause such damage. We will await NTSB's investigation to know exactly what happened. They should thank their stars it was a Boeing. It's much stronger and durable than Airbus though the latter is more easy to fly.
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Ambitionsway: 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
for Africa here na witchcraft na dey involved
Oyinbo dey say na bird, Abeg waytin be d name of the bird.
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by mecussey(m): 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
A bird indeed.
The biggest bird is an ostrich, and even an ostrich can`t cause such damage to common vehicles, talk more of a Boeing! And ostriches don`t fly!

We must be under alien attack!!! shocked

It all depends on the force. You know force = ma ..mass x accelaration. Again the kinetic energy of the two bodies. KE = 1/2mv2 and to every action there is equal and opposite reaction, Newton explained collision perfectly. If you mathematically put this two together you will know that a tiny object moving with high velocity could cause more damage than a truck moving with slow velocity. However, I will not rule out aliens, or debris from chinese satellite or bird either or even tiny meteorites and Edo people.

5 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Nawteemaxie(m): 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
mecussey:

It all depends on the force. You know force = ma ..mass x accelaration. Again the kinetic energy of the two bodies. KE = 1/2mv2 and to every action there is equal and opposite reaction, Newton explained collision perfectly. If you mathematically put this two together you will know that a tiny object moving with high velocity could cause more damage than a truck moving with slow velocity. However, I will not rule out aliens, or debris from chinese satellite or bird either or even tiny meteorites and Edo people.

Edo people. That one I might accept too.

3 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Nawteemaxie(m): 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
mecussey:

Edo people. That one I might accept too. grin

1 Like

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by obafemee80(m): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hit by superman cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by bart10: 8:59pm On Oct 28, 2017
mecussey:

Fantastic, assuming it’s an American bald eagle, weighing about 7kg and moving at a velocity of about 1000m/s. The impact momentum is 7000kgm/s or impulse of 7kNs. That’s huge. Now if there’s an impact with the Boeing aircraft, even if it’s momentarily it will do some damage. Like someone said anyway, NTSB will do justice to this bizarre incident. Trust the Americans. I’m already investigating too... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Bullhari007(m): 9:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
aliens invasion make I grab my popcorn
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by columbus007(m): 9:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
If na naija dem for don dey shout say na Benin witch upandan,mofos everywhere lipsrsealed
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by mecussey(m): 9:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
bart10:

Fantastic, assuming it’s an American bald eagle, weighing about 7kg and moving at a velocity of about 1000m/s. The impact momentum is 7000kgm/s or impulse of 7kNs. That’s huge. Now if there’s an impact with the Boeing aircraft, even if it’s momentarily it will do some damage. Like someone said anyway, NTSB will do justice to this bizarre incident. Trust the Americans. I’m already investigating too... cheesy

Yea man...America no dey waste time for this kind matter na...they might even show the video very soon pictured from a satellite unless, its misterious and needs study, then they will hide it from the whole world. Make God bless Africa with scientists and the likes of Newton, Faraday, and those inventors....we will be more than happy.

3 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by bart10: 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
mecussey:

Yea man...America no dey waste time for this kind matter na...they might even show the video very soon pictured from a satellite unless, its misterious and needs study, then they will hide it from the whole world. Make God bless Africa with scientists and the likes of Newton, Faraday, and those inventors....we will be more than happy.

We’ve got a lot of them in Africa but the leadership is crappy. Make we just dey look abegg undecided

1 Like

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by stevecantrell: 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
Even if it was ET...authorities would never own up, it would bring the aviation industry to a halt.

Probably a flock of birds tho... smiley
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by FrankGiel: 9:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
jamariwolf:
Pls where can I watch basketball matches in naija?
They don't show NBA games in naija anymore.. DSTV used to have the right to show NBA game but lost that right in the 2016/2017 season... Ur best bet is to watch highlight's just like I do..

If u find a way to watch, buzz me ..

Thanks

1 Like

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by FrankGiel: 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
CaptainJeffry:
No bird is big enough to cause such damage. We will await NTSB's investigation to know exactly what happened. They should thank their stars it was a Boeing. It's much stronger and durable than Airbus though the latter is more easy to fly.
Mr man before u argue, at least do a little research..

2 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by cooljude(m): 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
A bird indeed.
The biggest bird is an ostrich, and even an ostrich can`t cause such damage to common vehicles, talk more of a Boeing! And ostriches don`t fly!

In physics, the amount of force applied to a body is equal to mass and acceleration.
F = M × a

If you need a force of 20N to cause that Indentation, it means you can have a big mass (elephant) and it moving at a walking pace. Let me say the elephant weighs 20Kg and it moves at 1m/s^2 ( 20 ×1= 20N)

On the other hand, you can have something as small as a pigeon moving fast also considering how fast the plane is travelling. Let's say at 20m/s^2 and it weighs 1kg. When you times them, you would get same amount of force 20N.

I really don't know what collided with the plane but what I tried explaining to you is that when a small object is moving very fast like the hydron collider at Switzerland used In accelerating atomic particles, it exerts a large amount of energy.

3 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by FrankGiel: 9:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
bart10:

Ogbeni fear GOd!!!!!! 1000m/s for a Bald Eagle!!!!!!!
Eagle don dey fly faster than bullet.. Bros calm down..
Make I educate u small..
1km/hr = 0.278 m/s..
The max speed of a bald eagle is 160km/hr (44.44 m/s)..

Ur analogy on momentum is correct though.. Ur figures wrong..

3 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
Scary.
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by themonk(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
bart10:

Max speed for an American bald eagle is about 44meters per second.

1 Like

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Shesweetdie(f): 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
bart10:

cheesy It’s obvious you were never in a physics class. Momentum boy. That’s mass x velocity. The impact is going to be so much on the aircraft depending on the flight level. I suspect an eagle. Those birds can attain very high altitude. In aviation, it’s known as birdstrike!

Exactly mass x velocity, the mass of a bird even an eagle is insignificant to dat of the plane and the plane also has to travells at great speed often greater than that of the birds to maintain stability at those altitude, plus the streamlined shape of the plane not only helps it slice air but also to reduce impact area during collision causing obstacles to glide off, so whateva dented the plane must be metal hard not a bird, except d plane is made of plastic
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by bart10: 10:25pm On Oct 28, 2017
FrankGiel:

Ogbeni fear GOd!!!!!! 1000m/s for a Bald Eagle!!!!!!!
Eagle don dey fly faster than bullet.. Bros calm down..
Make I educate u small..
1km/hr = 0.278 m/s..
The max speed of a bald eagle is 160km/hr (44.44 m/s)..

Ur analogy on momentum is correct though.. Ur figures wrong..

Thanks. That’s why I said “assuming” and it’s a no-brainer that assumptions sometime take you wide off the mark. However, I just checked the speed of the American bald eagle. It’s actually 160kmph max. Conversion truly gives about 44m/s. So that’s about 308kgm/s (don’t forget that the weight of the bird is also under assumption before you crucify me cheesy). The impulse is now 0.308kNs (this is almost like an elephant weighing 100kg and running at about 3m/s hitting an airborne aircraft!). How does this impact a Boeing 757 weighing several tonnes and moving at about 500mph? Now you need to play with the energy transferred, precisely the K.E interplay between the bird and the aircraft. Unfortunately i don’t have the data on the aircraft because I need the maximum load, true airspeed, surface area of the nose etc. and will not risk assumptions anymore. In summary, these calculations are by no means accurate nor cast in stone but they do give a true sense of the impact of an average bird on the structure of the aircraft while airborne. It’s just a way of establishing the possibilities of airborne impact causing so much damage, at least from the point of view of physics and aerodynamics. Like, we all agreed earlier, America’s NTSB will do justice to this incident. Those guys can investigate anything and I’m sure this incident isn’t going to be different. Thanks once more for the observation.

6 Likes

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by EmekaBlue(m): 10:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nobody really nose yet but i plane injured an angel in the sky and d pilot didnt notice because he was on auto drive and eating then.

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 28, 2017
nose off lol grin
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by macphilip: 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
mumu bloggers will see this picture elsewhere and post "Witch returning from meeting collides with plane at Ikeja, Lagos"

1 Like

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by Ayatullah(m): 11:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
Its SUPERMAN!: And the Superman is Kim Jong Un! It's just a warning for the Yankees.
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by FrankGiel: 1:16am On Oct 29, 2017
bart10:

Thanks. That’s why I said “assuming” and it’s a no-brainer that assumptions sometime take you wide off the mark. However, I just checked the speed of the American bald eagle. It’s actually 160kmph max. Conversion truly gives about 44m/s. So that’s about 308kgm/s (don’t forget that the weight of the bird is also under assumption before you crucify me cheesy). The impulse is now 0.308kNs (this is almost like an elephant weighing 100kg and running at about 3m/s hitting an airborne aircraft!). How does this impact a Boeing 757 weighing several tonnes and moving at about 500mph? Now you need to play with the energy transferred, precisely the K.E interplay between the bird and the aircraft. Unfortunately i don’t have the data on the aircraft because I need the maximum load, true airspeed, surface area of the nose etc. and will not risk assumptions anymore. In summary, these calculations are by no means accurate nor cast in stone but they do give a true sense of the impact of an average bird on the structure of the aircraft while airborne. It’s just a way of establishing the possibilities of airborne impact causing so much damage, at least from the point of view of physics and aerodynamics. Like, we all agreed earlier, America’s NTSB will do justice to this incident. Those guys can investigate anything and I’m sure this incident isn’t going to be different. Thanks once more for the observation.
Just pulling ur legs.. Like I said, I agree with the analogy.. It's correct..

1 Like

Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by henryhemon(m): 3:24am On Oct 29, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
A bird indeed.

Have you heard of bird strike?
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by belindar: 3:31am On Oct 29, 2017
If these happen in Nigeria. They will say it’s wicthes and wizards. They will say it’s spiritual attack and will go for testimonies. People perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by naturefellow(m): 3:56am On Oct 29, 2017
FarahAideed:

Land mark event centre Victoria Island
If na Naija now... you know the rest �
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by msld: 4:44am On Oct 29, 2017
Nawteemaxie:
A bird indeed.

You do not need a bird the size of an Ostrich to cause this kind of damage to an aircraft in motion.
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by egopersonified(f): 5:33am On Oct 29, 2017
if anyone mentions edo here eeehhh
Re: NBA Stars Left In Shock After Mid-flight Collision Left Plane's Nose Smashed by freshvine(f): 6:20am On Oct 29, 2017
bart10:

you're using science to subtantiate a lie.
That Aircraft Was Hit By Something Massive But They Authorities Concern Wont Say It As It Is Just To Continue Keeping People In The Sky.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marcelo All Smiles With Family At Fifa Football Awards (PHOTO) / Asisat Oshoala Wins 2019 CAF Women's Best Player / Harry Maguire's Mom Issues Statement On "Disgraceful" Treatment Of Man Utd Star

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.