Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (65317 Views)

OAU Student Pours Sniper Into Her Bunkmates Mouth During An Argument (Photos) / Kolapo Olowoporoku: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Repeated Courses / Could This Be The Reason Why The 16-year-old OAU Student Died? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by hahn(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2017
GistLivePro:

Before her death, on October 10, she posted on Facebook that: “Above all other things, I just wanna see God, see what He looks like, speak with Him face to face. I don’t wanna miss heaven. LORD HELP ME.”

Well she is in for a rude shock because that muthafvcker(god) does not exist undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Decryptor(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2017
She chose to do it the "Awolowo Way". She said she wants to see God...sorry girl...you and devil dey dance one corner for hell right now.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by oladele239(m): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2017
Danelo:
her village people ryt now be singing **it's our work o**
Soft work grin

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Akolawole(m): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2017
This is very sad.

A 16 years old is still a Child which in my opinion shouldn't touch Facebook let alone living off campus.

She appears to be deep in Christ ( as per her Facebook post) so to consider suicide is mind-blowing.

To fail is no problem, who hasn't?

In Christianity, if you kill yourself irrespective of the reason (s) is automatic direct entry to hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Starkid3010(m): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2017
Wetin Concern Me
Imagine How Would She Killed Herself because Of Low Grade She Took Poison because Of Anoda Tin
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Consray(f): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2017
What's up with this young generation of ours...... is this generation cursed or something? Why would such a young and promising girl (16 years) commit suicide because of bad result, who result epp before?
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Manuche(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2017
ifenes:
I will take poor grades over good grades any day. The A students works for the B students. C students run the businesses and D students owns the building. Experience is often better than good grades. All these certificates are only insurance policies that makes you work for others. The higher the grades the worse.

If the Uni professor knows the keys to become a billionaire,he won't bother be in that profession in the firsts place.
nice one bro. u are right 100%
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by iamfromlagos(f): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2017
Leez:
well if awolowo their leader can take rat poison then they must follow suit grin
you are a certified mumu. a First Class at that.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by NwaIgboBoy(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2017
Will this girl go to hell or hellvun?? Please I need the answer....... I HATE NIGERIA!!!
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Leez(m): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2017
iamfromlagos:
you are a certified mumu. a First Class at that.
angry angry am i awolowo? smh
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by mojeed4(m): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2017
ifenes:
I will take poor grades over good grades any day. The A students works for the B students. C students run the businesses and D students owns the building. Experience is often better than good grades. All these certificates are only insurance policies that makes you work for others. The higher the grades the worse.

If the Uni professor knows the keys to become a billionaire,he won't bother be in that profession in the firsts place.

Lol... Your kids will have a great time. Imagine them coming home to you with F grades and getting ice cream in return. grin

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 29, 2017
BUHARIjubrin:
Afonjas should stop being economical with the truth.

She was murdered for ritual purpose.
so wetin concern Afonja with matter for Ife You think that you know, but you are lost.

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by austino677(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2017
Hmm

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by RegalD(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2017
DanseMacabre:
shocked

Rat poison and battery extract? She wan kill her soul and spirit join

Seriously though, who kills themselves over poor grades. First year grades that can be corrected.
very correct, but it is very important to start well 'cos otherwise might lower your confidence. i almost committed if not for god.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by wildfire2000(f): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2017
she want to see God and the only way she feels easy is by taken her own life? The devil is a liar..

This is an error.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by 1nigeriamyfoot: 11:16am On Oct 29, 2017
KardinalZik:
WHO RESULT EPP?

Shey we wey graduate well, wetin degree don give boys. If school does not favour you, try another productive thing with your life.

To others intending to ply her route, hear this:

LEARN A SKILL and be self-employed. Grades DON'T matter in the school of success. hundreds [or even, thousands] nairalanders can attest to this.

STOP OVERRATING ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE!

Killed herself for just one course in your first year. What of those that up to three course in their final year?

You thought University education is a bed of roses? You thought University education is the way you see it in movies? RETHINK!
The earlier Nigerians realize that certificate is overrated, the better.

Good grade my foot grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Starkid3010(m): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2017
She Looks Like A slowpoke
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Maj196(m): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2017
Her parent might be strict. But wait who does that. People with d poorest grade in d world still dey ball dey flex. Smh
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by kingthreat(m): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2017
Benita27:
@16, she's still a child and has nothing to do with tertiary institution in advanced Nation. Why won't she commit suicide when a child is given what she's not mentally prepared for?.

So onpoint. Parents these days just want to rush their children's education.
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Proffdada: 11:17am On Oct 29, 2017
Ever wonder why Igbos have same skull angle as a gorilla?

1 Like

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Adaumunocha(f): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Sorry dear... You have no right to take ur own life. .

Thank God I survived that school without one single F9 until I graduated grin
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Meritocracy: 11:19am On Oct 29, 2017
What's dreaded in Chm101, the authority should change the lecturer in charge. I believe lecturer also needs to be query for any course most students believe to be dreaded and always record mass failure. Some lecturers use to make very simple course to be tough because of method of teaching or probably they don't know what they're teaching blame shouldn't be on students only for mass failure. The lecturer should also ask to write the exam within the time allocation. No course is dreaded with better lecturers, some lecturers will be teaching irrelevant and outdated topic to make people believe its tough and frustrate the learner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 29, 2017
GistLivePro:
Mercy Olamide Afolaranmi, a student of Microbiology at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has committed suicide.
According to the school’s Chief Security Officer, Babatunde Oyatokun, Miss Afolaranmi, poisoned herself. Students and a neighbour close to the deceased also said she killed herself due to poor grade.

“We got a call that one of our students took poison,” Mr. Oyatokun said. “We got to hospital to realise that she mixed rat poison. She gave us the contact of her parents but before they arrived, she already gave up due to the effect of the poison she took.”

A neighbour, Bimpe Oni, in an interview with PREMIUM TIMES, said Miss Afolaranmi, who lived off-campus at Sabo area of Ile-Ife, died on Thursday, after she took “rat poison mixed with battery extract.”

Mrs. Oni said the late student committed suicide because of “emotional pressure.” A student, Aisha, who was Miss Afolaranmi’s colleague in the Faculty of Science, said the deceased had ‘E’ in CHM101 (Chemistry for first year students), a reportedly dreaded course for year one students in the science and technology related faculties.

“Mercy often isolated herself in class and looked depressed,” said Aisha. “She told me she had ‘E’ in CHM101 and has been going around unhappy before this incident.” Another student in the Faculty of Student, Opeyemi, said “she took poison because of result.”

The school’s Dean of Students’ Affairs, Isiaka Aransi, also confirmed the news. “Although the reason and cause of her death is yet to be known, the division is aware of the death of Mercy,” she said.

Before her death, on October 10, she posted on Facebook that: “Above all other things, I just wanna see God, see what He looks like, speak with Him face to face. I don’t wanna miss heaven. LORD HELP ME.”

Link:- https://www.gistlivepro.com/viral-post/16-year-old-100-level-student-oau-commits-suicide-poor-grades/

See her face be like ekwensu

Anyway nigeria education is not worth dying for.....

If buhari can make it to top without waec.....

What of her that has waec, neco, jamb and even now an undergraduate

Mtcheeew.......anyway rest in peace......

Believing in me i know u are in hell fire now

God is not an author of confusion
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by ifenes(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2017
mojeed4:

Lol... Your kids will have a great time. Imagine them coming home to you with F grades and getting ice cream in return. grin

You know what,no one has ever changed the world by doing what the world tells them to do. F grades doesn't mean kids are dumb, it means they have their own minds and ideas which are different to the teacher marking their course-work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by darkmarky(m): 11:22am On Oct 29, 2017
Hellfire
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Divinehenrich(m): 11:22am On Oct 29, 2017
Bro do you want to tear my bella with laugh grin grin grin
Offpoint:

Every monitoring spirit monitoring my life on NL.................Holy ghost fireeeee gringrin
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by darlenese(f): 11:22am On Oct 29, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:
I remember seeing my 1st semester 100l result, after all the talk of first class I was seeing EDEDE on the board, man I was devastated... I trekked round the entire campus that night absence minded but man just had to put it behind him and move on... RIP young lady though death wasn't the way to go

are u sure its not EFEDEFEDEFE u had?

hahahhahahaal
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Oluwasanmi18: 11:24am On Oct 29, 2017
EWAagoyin:
If everyone should kill themselves because of poor grades I think many would have been dead by now...I think she did that because of the type of parents she has thou
hmmm..i share same opinion ..parent ar vry instrumental to dr children decision...sh is young nd d fear of failin nd treat frm parent myt av caused hr to do so..
Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by KinSlayer: 11:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Seriously, booksmarts and intelligence does not equal maturity. Parents should stop rushing their children through childhood and just allow them to live. It used to be 18 year olds in 100level. Now its 16 year olds. Even if the child finishes school at 16, there are a lot of other ways to learn besides bundling the child to university. Language learning, musical instruments , arts and crafts etc. The child will be more mature for it. Please , life is not a race. Nobody send you. Allow your kids to be kids

3 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by Bruno3000(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2017
Benita27:
@16, she's still a child and has nothing to do with tertiary institution in advanced Nation. Why won't she commit suicide when a child is given what she's not mentally prepared for?.
I tire o. When I was her age I was still in ss2, albeit we could still compete with most jambitos.

2 Likes

Re: 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades by budgetpadding: 11:27am On Oct 29, 2017
Offpoint:
RIP.....
Abeg make dem let this generation children grow enough to handle emotions before dem enrol dem 4 uni...
I remember how many years i spend for primary.... before my stupiid right hand decide to reach my left ear
The point !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Female Police Officer Among Seven Killed In Edo Bank Robbery Attacks (Photos) / Dead Babies Found In Refuse Dump In Calabar (Disturbing Photos) / Wife Cuts Off Husband’s Penis, Throws It Out Of Window For Cheating In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.