Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,512 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? (1160 Views)

Nigerian Women Are Not Too Old At 33 - Man Criticizes Double Standard / Will Your Man Have This Kind Of Reaction After He Sees You Naked? [Vid And Pics] / Family Shades Mum In Obituary For Abandoning Kids To Live With Brother-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? by 9jacex(f): 10:05am On Oct 29, 2017
Whether it’s the beaker cup or pressing politicians on their favourite biscuit, Mumsnet has been the breaking ground for some of the key debates in parenting culture.

So when one user brought forward the concern of how old is too old to be naked in front of your children, it attracted a heck of a lot of attention.

‘DS1 [meaning her first born dear son] happened to mention he’d seen mummy naked to one of his teachers today, and though she wasn’t overly bothered, she did mention it to me as if I should start to avoid this scenario,’ wrote forum poster AnotherDime.

Is 6 too old for my son to see me naked?! AIBU [am I being unreasonable] to think it’s fine?’ she added.

As users considered what age is the right age, one user even said her son even sees her in the nuddy now – and he’s 21.

‘Ds1 is 21 and will come and talk to me when I’m in the bath,’ she said.

‘He’ll also do the dash from the bathroom to his bedroom with nothing on.’

And according to the experts, there’s no specific cut-off point as to when your children should stop seeing you naked.

‘Professionally, I don’t believe there’s any evidence to support it being damaging, as far as I’m aware. Personally, I think the more relaxed and comfortable in front of you own body, they will be,’ psychotherapist and founder of The Mother Side

‘Hiding your body away gives them an impression there’s something wrong with nudity.
‘It also helps them learn what’s right and wrong with their bodies, and what’s appropriate. That way they learn to vocalise and be comfortable.’

‘It’s especially important for girls so that they can learn boundaries. The more they feel comfortable with their own bodies the more they have ownership over them,’ she added.

Harry Lowe, a spokesperson from Dad parenting forum DaddiLife, said that the topic has also been of recent debate on the website.

‘It’s a really interesting debate, especially during the season we’re at. There’s both sides of the argument,’ he told us.

‘I’m of the ilk where some of our best memories when we’re younger, such as bath time together, and lugging around being totally comfortable in play, when it gets too hot… the first initial bonding moments, skin to skin contact should be encouraged,’ he added.

Lowe thinks that the problem could be more with parents, and less with children.

‘It seems strange that we would denote when it’s best appropriate – who does it feel awkward for? DROP YOUR VIEW ABOUT THIS AND READ MORE HERE ====> https://africanscope.com.ng/old-old-kids-see-naked/
Re: How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? by xreal: 10:14am On Oct 29, 2017
By 2 years.

However, they are too smart to start talking about it to people.
Re: How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2017
Yeah from a year and half months.once the child can respond (how are you.he will say fine)then you shouldn't show your unclothedness to the child.
Re: How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? by Vizboy1: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2017
rebirthforgoody:
Yeah from a year and half months.once the child can respond (how are you.he will say fine)then you shouldn't show your unclothedness to the child.
exactly children are very smart you might think they don't know anything. I was surprise to see a 2years old baby operate an iPhone 7 like it was toy.
Re: How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 29, 2017
For my girl-child, she has every right to see and observe my unclothedness. She's going to grow into the exact physical features I possess so I'll never be apprehensive when she walks in on me unclad. But for a boy-child; the moment he starts talking/reasoning I've be extremely conscious of what he sees in respect to my nudity in order not to get him confused or start connecting the dots without my knowledge.
Re: How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? by Next2Bezee(m): 11:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Benita27:
For my girl-child, she has every right to see and observe my unclothedness. She's going to grow into the exact physical features I possess so I'll never be apprehensive when she walks in on me unclad. But for a boy-child; the moment he starts talking/reasoning I've be extremely conscious of what he sees in respect to my nudity in order not to get him confused or start connecting the dots without my knowledge.

Get him confused? How?

I don't believe he'll pick up sexual thoughts at a young age from seeing you naked because at a young age (probably 3 - 5 or even 7 & 9) he wouldn't be able to get an erection, especially from his mom he has grown up seeing unclad and because he should have no knowledge about sex at all.

There are more chances he'd probably pick it up from stuff like media, peers or if he has been molested.
Re: How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 29, 2017
Next2Bezee:

Get him confused? How?

I don't believe he'll pick up sexual thoughts at a young age from seeing you naked because at a young age (probably 3 - 5 or even 7 & 9) he wouldn't be able to get an erection, especially from his mom he has grown up seeing unclad and because he should have no knowledge about sex at all.

There are more chances he'd probably pick it up from stuff like media, peers or if he has been molested.
I don't want to get him confused 'cause if he walks in on you unclad, a smart one would ask questions like "Mummy, what's this? Pointing to your breast or lower part which isn't exactly what he possess. And when such questions are asked, don't tell me you'd explain that to his understanding 'cause we both know he won't grasps. That being said, he'd get sex education at the proper age.

As for the issue of social media, I know when to expose my kids to that and the content of what they view on Television. There are ways to train a child in this era.

1 Like

Re: How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
Vizboy1:
exactly children are very smart you might think they don't know anything. I was surprise to see a 2years old baby operate an iPhone 7 like it was toy.

Yeah I believe you because my nephew that little guy can snap pictures with my phone.he Is just two years and some months already.
Re: How Old Is Too Old For Your Kids To See You Naked? by theunnamed: 2:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
Benita27:

Lol
Without your knowledge??

Naija moms and controlling their children be like 5 and 6

(1) (Reply)

Mature Advise From Experienced People Needed / New York Dancer Leaks Explicit Photo Of Rapper Dave East Eating Her Bútt / 34 Years Old Woman Confess ‘I Masturbate With A New intimacy gadget Every Day’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.