Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (73983 Views)

Boys Rain Money On Pastor While He Dances To 'Dorime' Song In Church (Video) / Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe / Insecurity: Pastor Adefarasin Advises Church Members To Plan Their Escape Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Leez(m): 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
skillzahblog:
“Angry congregants seen allegedly walking out on Pastor Adefarasin of the House on the Rock, Lagos, while preaching about tithing”

See video here

http://www.skillzah.com/2017/10/church-members-walk-out-on-pastor-adefarasin-see-why-here.html
media personals
smh
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by stagger: 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
God will punish these lying bloggers.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by thedondada(m): 9:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
Story from a blogger and you want me to believe.

Well done.

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by dinomcjohn: 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2017
Op, first and foremost, your the premise and assumption of this write-ups is despicable, ignominious and condemnable. Who told you people where leaving because the Pastor preached on tithing. Where you there? Just answer that simple question. And if you must hear, I was there live. People only started leaving as usual after he finished. This is not the first time people leave after the sermon. I did not see a single person leave because they were angry at the sermon. The pastor gave remarkably profound reasons people should pay tithes. Its not even compulsory to psy but as believers who want to honour God with their resources, we need to pay tithes. Its undeniably biblical. This practice has become irrefutably crucial to the financial growth of real believers and not baby Christians who may choose not to pay.
Please, let's be discreet when passing information and be careful to cast aspersions against men of God.
Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Rhea(f): 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
skillzahblog:
“Angry congregants seen allegedly walking out on Pastor Adefarasin of the House on the Rock, Lagos, while preaching about tithing”

See video here

http://www.skillzah.com/2017/10/church-members-walk-out-on-pastor-adefarasin-see-why-here.html

Stop enriching your millionaire jet-age pastors who do not give a f*^% about what happens to you as long as the offering plate is full each week. Send a fraction of that 10% tithe to someone who has been working silently in our midst to cater to the innocent and blameless children that fellow Nigerians have rejected and cast out in the streets as witches and wizards. Her name is Anja Ringgren Loven. Her works speak for themselves. She is doing what Jesus would have done in his days.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by delexy123: 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
Thorhammer:
You see the reason why i said i don't go to church ?? It about the money, no salvation again
This story has been proven to be false and the picture was taken when people were leaving. You see why you shouldn't swallow up lies without making proper findings just because it confirms your narrative about tithe?

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
His income comes from tithes.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by crunchyg: 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
skillzahblog:

See video here

Oga try and fear God small, if you don't understand something then ask question, no body walked out on him stop lying and posting a video that don't correlate with your post
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Greenville990: 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
[quote author=FortifiedCity post=61876545] Wow. Now you are sounding so incredible.
I am a Catholic too. Trust me, I escaped early hardship just by GIVING. One covenant and promise I was made by God that I will NEVER lack food was because I cultivated the habit of buying food for people, not necessarily the less privileged because I wouldnt know who is better than me.

Anywhere I go and I see a hungry person, I am moved to buy food for such a person and even obliged if that person is mentally unstable or sick.

Honestly, I have more food than I need[/quoteo]

But I have never bought food for people yet I have sufficient food. In fact I have never lacked food. Please explain my case
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by PierreDeFermath(m): 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
Freeze has unlocked people finally,that's how powerful social media is and how popular celebrities like Freeze can have impact on people. That FREE THE SHEEPLES movement goes really hard. Freeze,secure yourself o,pastors will be after your life now
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Ken4Christ: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
Those who complain about tithe are either not genuinely born again or are overly stingy.

The tax we pay to government is far above 10% and we don't complain.

When lawyers or estate agent get a property for you, you pay about 10% for service rendered and people hardly complain.

When 'agberos' put passengers in buses and taxis, they collect their commissions even before they take off. Yet, we don't complain.

Hear are Pastors guiding you in the way of life and teaching you how to live a victorious life and some people begin to complain about 10%.

If not for some ministers, there are countless thousands of souls that will end up in hell. Will your billions bring you out of hell if you end up there?

Our Lord Jesus teaching even demands more commitment than tithing. He demands all even liquidating your properties to give. Will you say Jesus was insane?

Tithing is even for spiritual babies. Those who are mature in ministry sacrifice even up to 50% of their income for the gospel sake and there is no regret.

The money you are holding back cannot buy your salvation.

What should be addressed is not the payment of tithe but that the funds gotten should be properly administered to also care for the poor in their midst and advance the course of the gospel.

4 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
FortifiedCity:
That guy's comments on tithing is subtly changing the way people think. Not saying it's good though
aside the bad economy economy and leadership, a reason why many Nigerians are poor is they know little or nothing about money. Thats why many of them will remain at the left quadrant of the social class. "Giving" is part of "wealth ritual". Now you either tithe or give to charity or both for this giving depending on your belief. It differs from extended family or any other responsibilities. Many Nigerians don't want to hear the truth, truth is the hardest thing you can tell a Nigerian to do. Until someone on the right side of the quadrant comes to counter this principle as it were, It remains valid. Freeze that I know belongs to the left quadrant.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by enemyofprogress: 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
biacan:
Some of these churches don't deserve our tithe
none of them do
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by delexy123: 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
elfiddy:
Woe to them that tithe and still lack and borrow..
Same goes to those that do not tithe yet borrow
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by enemyofprogress: 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

Personally, I'd prefer using my tithe to buy things for the less privileged
I rather use my own chop food
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by SycophanticGoat: 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Alright, remember to check on me everyday.

You two should get a room na.. SmH undecided
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
PierreDeFermath:
Freeze has unlocked people finally,that's how powerful social media is and how popular celebrities like Freeze can have impact on people. That FREE THE SHEEPLES movement goes really hard. Freeze,secure yourself o,pastors will be after your life now
freeze is on the left side of the quadrant, you will be silly to follow freeze. Let Otedola, Dangote or even an unpopular fellow on the right side come dispute this giving. If freeze says he isn't tithing... does he give to charity? If yes, let him show proofs.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ken4Christ:
Those who complain about tithe are either not genuinely born again or are overly stingy.

The tax we pay to government is far above 10% and we don't complain.

When lawyers or estate agent get a property for you, you pay about 10% for service rendered and people hardly complain.

When 'agberos' put passengers in buses and taxis, they collect their commissions even before they take off. Yet, we don't complain.

Hear are Pastors guiding you in the way of life and teaching you how to live a victorious life and some people begin to complain about 10%.

If not for some ministers, there are countless thousands of souls that will end up in hell. Will your billions bring you out of hell if you end up there?

Our Lord Jesus teaching even demands more commitment than tithing. He demands all even liquidating your properties to give. Will you say Jesus was insane?

Tithing is even for spiritual babies. Those who are mature in ministry sacrifice even up to 50% of their income for the gospel sake and there is no regret.

The money you are holding back cannot buy your salvation.

What should be addressed is not the payment of tithe but that the funds gotten should be properly administered to also care for the poor in their midst and advance the course of the gospel.
the people on the left side of the quadrant pay more tax, they are the ones that see tithe as a burden most timesm

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
Thorhammer:
You see the reason why i said i don't go to church ?? It about the money, no salvation again
the devil will always give you a reason not to go. If it's not money, it will be dressing, if it's not dressing it will be praise and worship. Do you wish to be delivered?

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by dane15: 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
I see no reason why any Pastor should beg any member to pay tithe. Any day God leads you as a Pastor to speak on tithing, just talk about it and end it there. Don't overflog the issue.

I don't understand where this evil doctrine of paying tithe to the needy is coming from. The bible specifically states where tithes must go to- HIS HOUSE. Mal 3:10.

The reason why people don't get blessed is that they try to teach God his work. He has given an instruction not an advice. Follow it and get blessed, don't follow it and have fun with th devourer. Mal3:10-12

If you feel your current church is not a fertile place to pay your tithe then change your church. Tithes have changed lives and will continue to. A lot of genuine and real testimonies have come from it.

Your tithe is not a 'giving', it is a payment. You are not doing God a favour. It's for your own good. Isa 1:19 Says to qualify for your blessing you must be willing and obedient. If you obey but do it reluctantly don't bother, you are wasting your tithe.
Finally, tithing is different from charity. You still need to be a blessing to people around you. For we are blessed to be a blessing.
If paying tithe is a problem to you, keep your money. It is not by force. Last time, I checked no true man of God has ever forcefully collected money from any member's pocket.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by pedrilo: 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
My salary is not enuf to carry me for the month and some pastor is talkin abt 10percent. Come and take it!
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by larrybee2017(f): 10:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
skillzahblog:

See video here

Want to see how many intelligent people we have here. If you belief this then you need rehabilitation
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by limitless101: 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
dane15:
I see no reason why any Pastor should beg any member to pay tithe. Any day God leads you as a Pastor to speak on tithing, just talk about it and end it there. Don't overflog the issue.

I don't understand where this evil doctrine of paying tithe to the needy is coming from. The bible specifically states where tithes must go to- HIS HOUSE. Mal 3:10.

The reason why people don't get blessed is that they try to teach God his work. He has given an instruction not an advice. Follow it and get blessed, don't follow it and have fun with th devourer. Mal3:10-12

If you feel your current church is not a fertile place to pay your tithe then change your church. Tithes have changed lives and will continue to. A lot of genuine and real testimonies have come from it.

Your tithe is not a 'giving', it is a payment. You are not doing God a favour. It's for your own good. Isa 1:19 Says to qualify for your blessing you must be willing and obedient. If you obey but do it reluctantly don't bother, you are wasting your tithe.
Finally, tithing is different from charity. You still need to be a blessing to people around you. For we are blessed to be a blessing.
If paying tithe is a problem to you, keep your money. It is not by force. Last time, I checked no true man of God has ever forcefully collected money from any member's pocket.

It seems you are the ignorant one here. Selfishness and greed ride high in so many churches. Read Deut. 26:12 for starters. The only thing 'evil' is if your pastor tells you your tithe MUST come to the church. You need deep lectures on the purpose of tithing in itself. You'l be enlightened.

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by PierreDeFermath(m): 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
majekdom2:
freeze is on the left side of the quadrant, you will be silly to follow freeze. Let Otedola, Dangote or even an unpopular fellow on the right side come dispute this giving. If freeze says he isn't tithing... does he give to charity? If yes, let him show proofs.
since you have been paying your tithe,where are you in your life,are you as rich as Dangote or Otedola? let them keep lying to you,do you follow Otedola to church to know if he pays his tithe? the problem is that most Nigerians have very low IQ and most pastors are smarter and using that to take advantage of you. In America that people are not foolish to be pouring their money on tithe,are they not far richer than Nigerians? they have more than 100 billionaires,Nigeria has just 4 upon all the tithing. people are wallowing in poverty and Nigeria remains the poorest country in the works upon all the yeye tithing. and who told you Dangote is a Christian for him to be paying tithe? its totally against his religion. there is no scam in Islam,tithing is capital scam. people are paying it and keep getting poorer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by PierreDeFermath(m): 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
biacan:
Who be ma.....? I never oldoooo cause most of these church are all about business
why are you not showing your face like other girls? are you ugly?
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by PierreDeFermath(m): 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
biacan:
I go surprise you when I upload my pics all of una go shock due to my astonish beauty......

went yesterday evening because of my busy schedules today
make sure you look like Bianca Ojukwu facially,or Juliet Ibrahim or Kim Kardashian facially and bodily o. anything less,please don't upload. we don't want a woman with wide face and flat nose o,we want to see,na astonishing beauty we wan see o
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Chukazu: 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

Personally, I'd prefer using my tithe to buy things for the less privileged

Biko ,am a less privileged,as in my privilege is very less...buy me some gifts
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by dane15: 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
limitless101:

It seems you are the ignorant one here. Selfishness and greed ride high in so many churches. Read Deut. 26:12 for starters. The only thing 'evil' is if your pastor tells you your tithe MUST come to the church. You need deep lectures on the purpose of tithing in itself. You'l be enlightened.

People who have nothing reasonable to say start their argument with insults.
Insult is the weapon of anyone who lacks intellectual substance. I appreciate you telling us who you are.
I quoted a scripture which explained where a tithe must go to and you quoted a scripture at a time when there was no temple or tabernacle. You did not even bother to see that you were shooting yourself in the leg all because you were in haste to respond to a post that was not even directed to you. I work with scriptures.
Again and again, tithe is not by force. Keep your money Mr. Knowledge. I don't know why some people are making so much fuss over nothing. If I like I can pay 100% of my money as tithe, it is my business. Tithing works for me big time. I have compared my results when I paid with my results when I didn't. Only fools doubt proofs.
Pay from a righteous source, pay willingly and see how God lifts you. Let everyone do as it pleases them. Again Is 1:19 don't do it under compulsion. Don't do it to please your Pastor. Do it because your Father instructed it and expect the reward of obedience.

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by bummyla(m): 10:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
They could be leaving for some many reasons! So don't run into conclusion! I am happy to be a tithe payer till I die! https://www.bummyla.com
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by CNNN: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
Yameater:
where in the said video did you see that ?

2nd FTC in one day.

HWPs

Get busy!
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by OBAGADAFFI: 10:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
What's all this arguments about tithing.

Orthodox Churches have been tithing for centuries, what Pentecostals are doing isn't new.

People are allowing their angers again Pastors and Preachers influence their service to God.

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by djon78(m): 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lies lies lies.....i was in church this morning, people never walked out, it was at the end of the message because of parking space.

And his preaching was very insightful. One of the major thing I got from the message is that what tithe does is that it protects you from the curse that God placed on the ground on Adam in Genesis 3 V 17.

And for me personally, paying my tithe, I don't toil, or sweat to make money. It comes with ease, and it protect devourer from you.

And he said tithing is for matured people in Christ, not for babes in Christ. That when you are matured you don't need anybody to tell you to tithe. That tithe is an act of faith, not compulsion or forcing people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.