Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (73866 Views)

Boys Rain Money On Pastor While He Dances To 'Dorime' Song In Church (Video) / Pastor Adefarasin's Plan B: The Blindness Of Privilege - Chika Unigwe / Insecurity: Pastor Adefarasin Advises Church Members To Plan Their Escape Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Student125(m): 10:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
I have said it severally religion is one of our problem in this country. They have turn God to ponzi where u get more money Only if you pay tithe to God. Some even say those against it are stingy that if after paying ur 10%, you can give to charity out of the remaining 90% as if the whole 100% salary is enough to cater for their need. It is d pride in them that's making it difficult to accept you have been scammed for long, shouting Malachi 3:8 as if that's d only or d first verse to talk about tithe. And they will be d first to say d country is terrible/ not safe ND want to travel out instead of them to channel d money into better things. Give ur tithe to the needy for 3 month and see if your income will reduce, remain the same or increase.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by djon78(m): 10:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
dane15:

People who have nothing reasonable to say start their argument with insults.
Insult is the weapon of anyone who lacks intellectual substance. I appreciate you telling us who you are.
I quoted a scripture which explained where a tithe must go to and you quoted a scripture at a time when there was no temple or tabernacle. You did not even bother to see that you were shooting yourself in the leg all because you were in haste to respond to a post that was not even directed to you. I work with scriptures.
Again and again, tithe is not by force. Keep your money Mr. Knowledge. I don't know why some people are making so much fuss over nothing. If I like I can pay 100% of my money as tithe, it is my business. Tithing works for me big time. I have compared my results when I paid with my results when I didn't. Only fools doubt proofs.
Pay from a righteous source, pay willingly and see how God lifts you. Let everyone do as it pleases them. Again Is 1:19 don't do it under compulsion. Don't do it to please your Pastor. Do it because your Father instructed it and expect the reward of obedience.

Don't mind them, they don't pay tithe, and I pay tithe and I get the benefits. Tithe is not by force, it is an act of faith.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by OBAGADAFFI: 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
Student125:
I have said it severally religion is one of our problem in this country. They have turn God to ponzi where u get more money Only if you pay tithe to God. Some even say those against it are stingy that if after paying ur 10%, you can give to charity out of the remaining 90% as if the whole 100% salary is enough to cater for their need. It is d pride in them that's making it difficult to accept you have been scammed for long, shouting Malachi 3:8 as if that's d only or d first verse to talk about tithe. And they will be d first to say d country is terrible/ not safe ND want to travel out instead of them to channel d money into better things. Give ur tithe to the needy for 3 month and see if your income will reduce, remain the same or increase.

There is nothing like Tithes to the needy.

Alms is what you give to the needy.

If you don't believe in tithing good luck, but given to the needy isn't Tithing.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by djon78(m): 11:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
Student125:

Well I pay my tithe and I still take care of the needy. Going through the bible, giving our substance is part of my act of Worship to God. And giving brings blessings, that is the way God has set the law even in nature. And giving, including tithing is the surest way to test your heart, whether material things are a god to you. And giving involves giving to your church, the poor, the needy, your relations in need. God loves a cheerful giver

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Caseless: 11:00pm On Oct 29, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

Personally, I'd prefer using my tithe to buy things for the less privileged
as if you de really do am. Don't pay tithe, but give help.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by lloyds(m): 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2017
I don't attend his church. But from what I saw in the video, those people didn't look angry, neither did they look like they were walking out of the pastor. Fake news.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Student125(m): 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

There is nothing like Tithes to the needy.

Alms is what you give to the needy.

If you don't believe in tithing good luck, but given to the needy isn't Tithing.

Like I tel people 10 commandments is what ur God ask u to keep and fulfil and if faulty in one out of d 10 then uve disobeyed God. The question you should ask ursef is y is tithe not among d ten commandments, and if you claim tithe( not charity o) guarantee u more blessings from God, what about traditional worshippers that are successful, atheist, Muslim etc who don't pay tithe and yet still get blessings
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by azezola(m): 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
Beginning of the end of Christianity in Nigeria gbam.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by seunmsg(m): 11:08pm On Oct 29, 2017
Kudos to daddy freeze, peoples brain don dey reformat small small. Finally, the tithe scam is about to get bursted.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Student125(m): 11:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
djon78:

Well I pay my tithe and I still take care of the needy. Going through the bible, giving our substance is part of my act of Worship to God. And giving brings blessings, that is the way God has set the law even in nature. And giving, including tithing is the surest way to test your heart, whether material things are a god to you. And giving involves giving to your church, the poor, the needy, your relations in need. God loves a cheerful giver

You are lucky your income is so much it can cope with d present economic situation of the country after tithe and charity. can u do same with 18,000 unless u are talking of giving peanuts to the needy. One of the reason for high rate of insecurity in Nigeria is cuz people are suffering. instead of loving ur neighbors by coming to their aid, it is God who we believe provides we need to give certain % to get more. Moreover it is written boldly in d Bible what tithe is for, how it is paid and who is entitled to it. instead they quote just one instance Abraham gave 10% of war proceeding to someone and Malachi, bring it to my store house.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by djon78(m): 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
Then another principle I have learnt. Anybody that just trusts in his power to make money or just his human effort, without involving God. You will always barely have enough, you will always toil. But when you learn to trust God and not trust in just your human effort, you will be shocked at how you will meet your targets effortlessly.

Tithing and giving is the simplest way you trust God. I am talking from experience. There are some major projects I am currently undertaking, but because I trust God, the cost of the project is not moving me at all, and God has been very faithful, making way for me in very mysterious ways, even in minute detail.

That is why I laugh at people that think that trust in just there human effort, you will always nearly have enough, always worrying, breaking your head. But when you trust God, no worries, you are calm in your soul even when you are faced with the most difficult, tough situations, you have peace, in the midst of the storm. And guess what happens in the end everything just works out fine, you solve the issue totally without any hassles.

So chose your own path, but as for me I have chosen that path of trusting and walking with God in my finances, and guess what giving, paying of tithe, helping the poor and the needy is a very tangible part of that walk.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by OBAGADAFFI: 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
Student125:

Like I tel people 10 commandments is what ur God ask u to keep and fulfil and if faulty in one out of d 10 then uve disobeyed God. The question you should ask ursef is y is tithe not among d ten commandments, and if you claim tithe( not charity o) guarantee u more blessings from God, what about traditional worshippers that are successful, atheist, Muslim etc who don't pay tithe and yet still get blessings

Oga, every religion got their rules on giving Alms and offerings.

We're discussing here has Christians, whatever any other Religion practice isn't my problem.

The Ten commandments are not the only rules God his Children .

And Jesus sums it all by saying.

Matthew 22:37-40King James Version (KJV)

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

There are things you do for God( worshipping, Tithing, working etc) and others for the people( Alms, Charity, support).
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by djon78(m): 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2017
Student125:

You are lucky your income is so much it can cope with d present economic situation of the country after tithe and charity. can u do same with 18,000 unless u are talking of giving peanuts to the needy. One of the reason for high rate of insecurity in Nigeria is cuz people are suffering. instead of loving ur neighbors by coming to their aid, it is God who we believe provides we need to give certain % to get more. Moreover it is written boldly in d Bible what tithe is for, how it is paid and who is entitled to it. instead they quote just one instance Abraham gave 10% of war proceeding to someone and Malachi, bring it to my store house.

That is what I am telling you my friend see this sinful world economic system is toiling and toiling, sweating and sweating. Can bearly get you a decent life. But God's economic system supersede this our world's. Tithing and giving unlocks it. See God the creator of universe is a giver. He gives everything, life, love, good economy, good wife, good children, good health, it is not just money. But you must learnt to walk with God. Walking with God is for those that have made up their mind. It is not for unserious people. Let me tell you, the greatest thing , any being can seek after with his whole heart is God. And when you find God, every other good things of this life is found in God. But humans instead of seeking and pursuing after God, will be pursuing after mundane things. So my friend get to know God, if you know God and discover God. You will see the difference.

And in my economic life I started from the 10000 and then I have grown financially
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2017
Thorhammer:
You see the reason why i said i don't go to church ?? It about the money, no salvation again
I feel you. What a pity. Do you know what I do with my tithe ? I share it amongst the pastors who can hardly afford a fare to preach in their churches in various villages and remote towns and not on those guys who fly private jets here and there.

2 Likes

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by omokab: 11:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
One by one there eyes don dey open. Pastors is fooling you you people with tithes that does not exist in the bible and enriching himself with members money. Too much believe in some pastors has totalling blind many followers. First fruit is another stupid way pastors were exhorting money from followers. I can somebody on earth say that I should bring my first salary of the year when am receiving 200k and I will stupidly give it to him. Does that make sense?
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by dharamanil(m): 11:32pm On Oct 29, 2017
If you ever attended the house on the rock you know people like me like to leave before the end of service simply because the cue and ways to get out the church ones the service fully conclude is difficult. People are leaving not because of his preaching but because end of church hold up.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Student125(m): 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Oga, every religion got their rules on giving Alms and offerings.

We're discussing here has Christians, whatever any other Religion practice isn't my problem.

The Ten commandments are not the only rules God his Children .

And Jesus sums it all by saying.

Matthew 22:37-40King James Version (KJV)

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

There are things you do for God and others for the people.
It is non of ur business cuz u as a child (just like a formatted PC) was taught (operating system installed) that as a good xtian you must pay tithe and if you don't pay, u will lack in blessings. But as a grown up like you are, you refuse to look around to know if those that refuse to pay don't get blessings just cuz u have been programmed like a PC. Even in PC, you can't run 2 OS, so also you can't accept the glaring fact cuz it negate what u were taught(programmed OS).

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by MahatmaGhandi: 11:42pm On Oct 29, 2017
Very misleading post, no such thing happened. ah world people, i fear una, kai.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Student125(m): 11:45pm On Oct 29, 2017
djon78:

That is what I am telling you my friend see this sinful world economic system is toiling and toiling, sweating and sweating. Can bearly get you a decent life. But God's economic system supersede this our world's. Tithing and giving unlocks it. See God the creator of universe is a giver. He gives everything, life, love, good economy, good wife, good children, good health, it is not just money. But you must learnt to walk with God. Walking with God is for those that have made up their mind. It is not for unserious people. Let me tell you, the greatest thing , any being can seek after with his whole heart is God. And when you find God, every other good things of this life is found in God. But humans instead of seeking and pursuing after God, will be pursuing after mundane things. So my friend get to know God, if you know God and discover God. You will see the difference.

And in my economic life I started from the 10000 and then I have grown financially
I hope you know I am only not in support of tithe. if you like give 50% of your money to charity or just church development but don't call it tithe. Also, pastors should stop preaching it that if you don't pay, you are not a good Christian or would lack anything. the secret to making more and more of money( wat most term as blessings) is meeting people's need. if you are giving people d service or product they need, you will keep getting more cash simple
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Sagay212: 11:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
If you ask them what the tithe money is used for by the pastor, they will tell you its non of your business. Same way it's non of their business to ask politicians what their taxes are used for. We have a lot of wealthy people who don't even know what tithe is. Are we saying God is not blessing them? Look how Chinese people are flexing and spending money anyhow in naija, do they know what tithe is? Na una sabi sha
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by noscarn91(m): 12:15am On Oct 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

STFU , how much is that tithe ? You think the church can achieve anything with that peanut you give as tithe , churches make their money via generous donations from rich business men and politicians, not from corporate slaves like you, keep on deceiving yourself that your tithe is doing something, if you talk too much , your church can even give you all your tithe for the past 10 years with interest, motherfucker

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by jamace(m): 1:10am On Oct 30, 2017
biacan:
Some of these churches don't deserve our tithe
No Nigerian church/pastor/reverend deserves your tithes. They are not from the tribe of LEVI, who are supposed to collect tithes under the law of Moses..
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by InvertedHammer: 1:11am On Oct 30, 2017
/
I don't understand why people preach against tithe.
Tithing is here to stay.
If people did not listen to the wailing against MMM (some stubborn flies even continued after the crash), what makes you think you can convince them otherwise about tithe. Tithes are for levites only. No Nigerian is a levite. So let them continue throwing their source of sustenance away.

If those who tithe and those who do not tithe are equally blessed and equally face challenges, it means that there are other variables at work. The explanation lies in using the brain for what it is meant for without chasing shadows and fantasy.

Those who have the means should continue supporting the extravaganza of pastors aka scammers-in-disguise. Fools and their money are easily separated.
\

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by jamace(m): 1:13am On Oct 30, 2017
noscarn91:

STFU , how much is that tithe ? You think the church can achieve anything with that peanut you give as tithe , churches make their money via generous donations from rich business men and politicians, not from corporate slaves like you, keep on deceiving yourself that your tithe is doing something, if you talk too much , your church can even give you all your tithe for the past 10 years with interest, motherfucker
That is why most looted funds find their way into the church. Wallahi, church is aiding and abetting corruption in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by ifyebere(m): 1:24am On Oct 30, 2017
skillzahblog:
“Angry congregants seen allegedly walking out on Pastor Adefarasin of the House on the Rock, Lagos, while preaching about tithing”

See video here

http://www.skillzah.com/2017/10/church-members-walk-out-on-pastor-adefarasin-see-why-here.html
Guy why you dey lie like this all because you want traffic on your blog why? I worship with house on the Rock and was in church today. friends this guy just formulated this story Oo, in that church it's normal for pple to leave when the pastor is abt to round up his preaching so as to avoid traffic and some to be amongst the pple to join the church bus early... haba guy! I'm not arguing if u give thith or not, I'm here to counter this your LIES... I was even among the pple leaving too, friends pple didn't leave because of the preaching Oo... if u visit HOR for one Sunday u will confirm to wht I'm saying. See pics of me in church outside nd while in church bus... finally everyone has his or her own opinion abt thithing. I no get strenght argue that.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by nwakaibeya1: 1:28am On Oct 30, 2017
Having a good relationship with Jesus Christ& knowing Jesus Christ has three keys,one I am the light of the world means you must have that light, I am the prince of peace it means you must have that practical peace and all power have been given to me on earth and in heaven it means you must have unbelievable power of Jesus Christ to be feared by evil people evil relations and occult powers and evil landlords and evil marines, who ever if you don't have those qualities what's the need claiming to know Jesus Christ? it means you must check yourself and that's why we have come back to make available those qualities without suffering people in program upon program fasting and night vigil as its the tradition of churches and who among humans has believed our unbelievable truth and revelation even as those who claim to know Jesus Christ have peep me and know that the authority and power I declare to the whole world is true but unbelievable just like when Jesus Christ came before and said I came from heaven and I am the only true son of God and I will die and rise up the third day who believed him and even though,prophets and pastors those who have eyes to see then knew that he was saying the raw truth so my dear we understand humans too well especially those that claim to know Jesus Christ more in this generation but only time will surely tell who is who Evil or good. Be wise and think deeply spiritually if you hear what you have never heard before especially if we say it's unbelievable >John 6,60-68

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by grandstar(m): 2:18am On Oct 30, 2017
biacan:
Not all some are still honest e.g Catholic,deeper life e.t.c

Then visit a Kingdom Hall. The difference is 7up.

I took my friend last Wednesday and was dumbfounded that there was no prosperity preaching, no usher going round with a bag and no special seats for anyone!

Did you know the word tithe does not appear in the new testament?

Why? Because it was part of the Mosaic law which ended upon the death of the Christ.

That is why God's people no longer make animal sacrifices when they sin, or stone adulterers or now eat pig that were considered unclean under the Law of Moses.

You'll forever appreciate a visit
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by judgedredd22(m): 4:40am On Oct 30, 2017
biacan:
I go surprise you when I upload my pics all of una go shock due to my Astonishing beauty......

went yesterday evening because of my busy schedules today

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by krystal101(f): 4:51am On Oct 30, 2017
ifyebere:

Guy why you dey lie like this all because you want traffic on your blog why? I worship with house on the Rock and was in church today. friends this guy just formulated this story Oo, in that church it's normal for pple to leave when the pastor is abt to round up his preaching so as to avoid traffic and some to be amongst the pple to join the church bus early... haba guy! I'm not arguing if u give thith or not, I'm here to counter this your LIES... I was even among the pple leaving too, friends pple didn't leave because of the preaching Oo... if u visit HOR for one Sunday u will confirm to wht I'm saying. See pics of me in church outside nd while in church bus... finally everyone has his or her own opinion abt thithing. I no get strenght argue that.

please tell them, you've said it all my brother. and they had dropped their TITHE AND OFFERING before leaving.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by totorimi: 5:08am On Oct 30, 2017
God bless Daddy Freeze for opening the eyes of the Sheeples to reality. He needs some form of security around him because some of these so called pastors are worse than hired killers. They can try to stop the spread of the truth, which he backs up word for word in the Bible.

I challenge any of them pastors to a public debate on the subject matter with Daddy Freeze. Criminals everywhere robbing the people in the name of the Lord. 30 years ago were we talking about tithe as we do today when our economy was good.
Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by ireneidiva(f): 5:17am On Oct 30, 2017
omokab:
One by one there eyes don dey open. Pastors is fooling you you people with tithes that does not exist in the bible and enriching himself with members money. Too much believe in some pastors has totalling blind many followers. First fruit is another stupid way pastors were exhorting money from followers. I can somebody on earth say that I should bring my first salary of the year when am receiving 200k and I will stupidly give it to him. Does that make sense?
Why do you guys keep saying pastors buy jet with your tithes? Uncle, how do you think churches are built? How do you think churches buy fuel or generators sef? How do you think churches buy things like detergent, stationary etc It is from tithes. The cars you see some pastors drive, their members give them most times. Same with these jets. Its not compulsory but most of us that have been blessed by God want to give back. And yes, we still do charity. You have no idea how rich some people are. So please if your pastors force you to tithe or give offerings, change your church.

1 Like

Re: Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing by Seunolad1(m): 5:32am On Oct 30, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Yeah I agree.

some people almost crucify with this belief and i dnt care is my decision not theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Chris Omatsola Bounces Back After Leaked Sex Video / Collins: My Visit To Babalola’s Tomb, Mountain And River Oni At Efon Alaaye / Anita Oyakhilome Shades Ex-husband, Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.